• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 67] Shireen Abu Akleh: Al Jazeera reporter killed by Israeli gunfire

Looked like they just grabbed random people.

And that doesn't explain them kicking the shit out of pallbearers.

That's Britcop nonsense. Do something outrageous (murder a reporter), then double down with more violence at the funeral.
It always looks like that and looks are irrelevant.
People throw a rock at police from 10 meters and then run to hide among the crowd and will later on be grabbed by the undercover police that operates drones that show who does what.
You see in the video a pallbearer who leaves the coffin to attack police and then goes back to hide underneath it, I didn't see you having problem with that.

It always looks like that and looks are irrelevant.
People throw a rock at police from 10 meters and then run to hide among the crowd and will later on be grabbed by the undercover police that operates drones that show who does what.
You see in the video a pallbearer who leaves the coffin to attack police and then goes back to hide underneath it, I didn't see you having problem with that.
What time in the video does that occur? I'll be happy to give it another look.

The sky reporters literally say in the report that the arrests were unprovoked.
But they are only eyewitnesses so I understand that we can’t rely on them given the narrative I’ve been hearing in this thread.
What do they know? They don't see the person being arrested engaging in violence prior to him being arrested so in their view it looks unprovoked and like the police arrests random people.

Yeah, what I just saw there was several breaks in the film, then the police surrounding the coffin, THEN the guy stepping forward and waving some kind of cloth or banner.

How about the timestamp in the unedited video?

But....but....but....it’s the cops! The police wouldn’t LIE to excuse cracking heads of a minority they hate.......right?

🙄

That video they posted is clearly after the initial confrontation. The coffin is a decent distance away from the buildings. In the footage the media took today you can clearly see they has just left the hospital.

That video they posted is clearly after the initial confrontation. The coffin is a decent distance away from the buildings. In the footage the media took today you can clearly see they has just left the hospital.

Also, I'm not going to accept an obviously manipulated video from the police organization that is in question.

Yeah, what I just saw there was several breaks in the film, then the police surrounding the coffin, THEN the guy stepping forward and waving some kind of cloth or banner.

What's important to note is that the first moments of the video are before the police react and you can see that they were attacked prior to any reaction coming from their side.
There is no unedited video since the video posted by Higgins is edited as well.

What's important to note is that the first moments of the video are before the police react and you can see that they were attacked prior to any reaction coming from their side.

Dude, I saw a video that was manipulated (breaks in footage, variable speed) from the police that are in question.

And, as Higgins brings up, this is not even the same video. The initial attack on the pallbearers was right outside the hospital.

It is an occupying state. But it is not an apartheid state. Apartheid means treating your own country’s citizens as second-class under the law. The Palestinians who live under occupation are not Israelis and do not consider themselves to be Israelis anymore than Israelis consider themselves Palestinians.

It is very definitely an apartied state. That was the specific purpose of Netanyahu’s wall.

What i don’t get is how footage of the coffin nearly falling and women etc being trampled around it doesn’t bother you?
I get the position you’re in and wouldn’t dream of trying to completely dismiss your pov given that you live in Israel etc.

But why can’t you just say “ yeh it’s a bad look and our Police did a poor job today”. You can’t surely belive that you’re always in the right and that the force Israel uses is always justified?

Dude, I saw a video that was manipulated (breaks in footage, variable speed) from the police that are in question.

And, as Higgins brings up, this is not even the same video. The initial attack on the pallbearers was right outside the hospital.
You can clearly see one of the rioters leaving the coffin, attacking police and then hiding under the coffin, what does it tell you?

It is very definitely an apartied state. That was the specific purpose of Netanyahu’s wall.

Again, "apartheid" refers to what a state does to its own citizens and treating an entire distinct group of its own citizens as second class by force of law on the basis of class, race, ethnicity, religion etc. This would include legally barring them from most public areas, from attending public institutions of higher education, barring them from commingling and associating with the ruling group and, most importantly, barring all or most of them from voting or holding public office, etc.. It does not refer to how the state to the citizens of another state or region. Occupation is an entirely different issue.

Last edited:
What i don’t get is how footage of the coffin nearly falling and women etc being trampled around it doesn’t bother you?
I get the position you’re in and wouldn’t dream of trying to completely dismiss your pov given that you live in Israel etc.

But why can’t you just say “ yeh it’s a bad look and our Police did a poor job today”. You can’t surely belive that you’re always in the right and that the force Israel uses is always justified?
It bothers me because the dead should get respect and funerals shouldn't look like this, but I'm not at all as surprised as you are that it ended that way.
It was expected since before the funeral by anyone who is following the situation, Palestinian violence in this event like in every other event of the same nature was a given.

It bothers me because the dead should get respect and funerals shouldn't look like this, but I'm not at all as surprised as you are that it ended that way.
It was expected since before the funeral by anyone who is following the situation, Palestinian violence in this event like in every other event of the same nature was a given.

I see an aggressive Police Force who went down there to interrupt the funeral and antagonize the mourners in hopes to get a reaction. That is also the general consensus from the rest of the worlds media who covered the event.
So we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Moderator's Warning:
Alright encroaching on I/P rules, so this is now moved to the I/P forum. Ensure that you are familiar with the special rule set of the I/P forum.

And you think what was in that video justifies the cops beating dozens of people, many of who are just trying to carry the coffin, to the point where at one point the coffin is dropped due to how viciously the cops are beating them?

Israeli soldiers do not target innocent bystanders
There is not a modern military in the world that hans't at some point targeted innocent bystanders. The amount of evidence you have to dismiss to believe the Israeli military has never targeted innocents is similar to believing the moon landing was faked.

Israel ought to arrest and try the commanding officers in charge of ordering the fire, and pay restitution to the family of killed journalist.
I won't pretend to know all the details, but what comes to mind is something pointed out time and time, and news reporters should be keenly aware of this simple fact.

From a distance, some cameras look like rocket launchers!

Again, "apartheid" refers to what a state does to its own citizens and treating an entire distinct group of its own citizens as second class by force of law on the basis of class, race, ethnicity, religion etc. This would include legally barring them from most public areas, from attending public institutions of higher education, barring them from commingling and associating with the ruling group and, most importantly, barring all or most of them from voting or holding public office, etc.. It does not refer to how the state to the citizens of another state or region. Occupation is an entirely different issue.
While I agree, the Palestinians (and muslims) who are citizens are often discriminated against as well.

I won't pretend to know all the details, but what comes to mind is something pointed out time and time, and news reporters should be keenly aware of this simple fact.

From a distance, some cameras look like rocket launchers!
She was killed by sniper fire, and if you watch the video taken immediately after she was shot the other reporters that tried to help her were shot at as well. Plenty of time for a positive ID. Given how prominent of a journalist she was, you have to wonder if it was a targeted hit.

What happened at the funeral today then? How can you defend that?
Defend? Not a clue, but without the reporters narrative, what do you see if looked at the video without bias?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom