• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2761] Trump says he expects to be arrested Tuesday

Has anyone thought that Trump is lowering exceptions so that when he is not arrested it will seem like a victory for him. After all an indictment is not an immediate arrest is it?

Last edited:
And to be honest, I'm never sure what the point is that the lesser of his crimes are being prosecuted first. The order makes no material difference so far as I can see. Whether he's charged with the smallest crime first or last doesn't mean anything to me, and I don't understand why it should.
Aren't penalties more severe when a person has already been convicted of a felony?

If end of course Donald insights his Maggot base.

Aren't penalties more severe when a person has already been convicted of a felony?
Well, I'm getting out my lane here, but I don't think that really applies here. If you get charged for a bunch of crimes all at once and by different prosecutors in different courts, each sentence/penalty doesn't automatically go up in tandem with the other trial results.

But like I said, I'm out of my lane and perhaps somebody qualified to answer can help.

And to be honest, I'm never sure what the point is that the lesser of his crimes are being prosecuted first. The order makes no material difference so far as I can see. Whether he's charged with the smallest crime first or last doesn't mean anything to me, and I don't understand why it should.
It’s all about the time that is left before the election season is officially upon us. You are ok trying to pump up a misdemeanor to a felony against a former POTUS? He has a point as to being the most persecuted president, Mueller, two impeachments and so on. Something needs to stick, so far not so much. Keep throwing charges that won’t stick, just make him stronger……

What facts do you want? Employment? Tax Revenue? GDP dollar growth? State and local revenue? What you and the rest of the left do is bait, troll, and spend your entire time diverting from real issues certainly not threads like this one. You tell me how Trump getting arrested and prosecuted makes your life better?

How does it make your life worse? Why does it bother you that the justice system applies to anyone?

To indoctrinate kids into Christo-fascism, anti-ism, general hatred and white nationalism.
Wrong answer. It's because schools in that city are doing such a poor job of teaching students.
You gave a politically partisan answer.

How many ****ing times do you need me to be specific?? It’s not my ****ing problem that I’ve asked you several times to cite your sources, and you can’t. All you’re doing now is trying to buy time, hoping I’ll get tired of your stupid-ass, bullshit posts.
What fricken sources do you want???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Stupid is me for responding to dumbass posts from radicals

What fricken sources do you want???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Stupid is me for responding to dumbass posts from radicals

I’m done here. I’ve asked you several times to back up your voter fraud claims, and all you can give me is a ****ing picture.

This shit right here is why no one takes you seriously.

It’s all about the time that is left before the election season is officially upon us. You are ok trying to pump up a misdemeanor to a felony against a former POTUS? He has a point as to being the most persecuted president, Mueller, two impeachments and so on. Something needs to stick, so far not so much. Keep throwing charges that won’t stick, just make him stronger……
Who's trying to "pump up a misdemeanor to a felony?"

If you knew (yes, this is a hypothetical question) that Trump would be charged in every one of the investigations that we're currently aware of, would you be okay with this charge?

I repeat, I wasn’t talking about immigration, but about refugee admissions, a completely different category than regular immigration admissions. And I repeat that Trump’s restrictions on refugee admissions predated the pandemic. And I stand by my suggestion that emerging from a lockdown would cause inflation as people travel more and spend more.
Your opinion on the economy isn't supported by the data, you don't throw trillions of dollars into a private sector economy with returning jobs and recovery economy and not get inflation. You also don't start a war on fossil fuel until you have an alternative plan in place to keep people from paying high prices. Inflation in 2021 was over 8% and that had nothing to do with the world or the Ukraine war, just more diversion and excuses from the left.

AS for refugee admissions, I don't give a damn about supposed results from you as i have seen nothing of value, that chart posted showed legal immigration in this country and that didn't suffer until the pandemic of 2020. Why is it the left ignores the pandemic and blames those results on Trump?

I haven't followed the whole thread, but wanted to comment that people don't seem to really be debating whether or not he's guilty, I think everyone knows Trump is guilty of most of the bullshit he gets accused of, it's just the expectation is he'll get away with it.

It's his own mistress, and his own attorney that are primarily testifying against him, it's just hilarious how the base believes the narrative is something else, like Democratic witch hunt.

Trump's foundation was shut down for illegality already. He shuttered his "university" to avoid legal trouble.
Five of his campaign staff when to jail for various crimes they engaged in, some while working for Trump.
His family financial officer Weisselberg is sitting in jail in Rykers for his criminal operations in the Trump Organization.

If this had been anyone else, he'd have been charged years ago. Trump is like a white collar mafia-boss, hard to get to, but everyone knows they are a crook.

Oh, poor Donnie was persecuted before he became president. Why they rigged the Emmys against him.

Do you ever consider Trump’s long record of crooked dealings and of spreading bigotry thru his Make America Hate Again rhetoric when you suggest he’s being picked on? I’d post the list but it likely exceeds the character limit on DP. Whatever opprobrium falls on Trump is well earned, no embellishments necessary.

I’m done here. I’ve asked you several times to back up your voter fraud claims, and all you can give me is a ****ing picture.

This shit right here is why no one takes you seriously.
Bye, you will never get voter fraud results from Democratic precincts where there was record mail in ballots most received AFTER the polls closed. Doesn't matter now either as the election is over. What purpose does it serve?

You guys don't even know what "woke" is. You just throw it around at things you want to cancel.
Here is a perfect example of WOKEism gone amok in one of (supposedly) prestigious universities. You can't just make this stuff up. You need to see it and read it.
After reading this article and viewing the video of what happened in that lecture room, how can anyone with half a brain have any respect for the Stanford Law School and respect for those graduating that that WOKE dungeon?
Parents spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to send the spoiled, elitist kids to that school and this is what is produced.
On top of that, the school pays some dumbshit, WOKE DEI flunky a lot of money to ensure the law school is WOKE enough to "protect free speech".
And people are wondering why Ron DeSantis is so hostile to the WOKE crowd in public schools and even public/private universities.
I am so glad I am no longer involved in higher education either teaching in a university or attending class.
What is scary is that the people totally disrupting that lecture are the ones who will defending or prosecuting future felons and becoming judges. No wonder so many Americans are afraid of what the WOKE culture is producing for the future.

from today's Wall St Journal:

"The most disturbing aspect of this shameful debacle is what it says about the state of legal education. Stanford is an elite law school. The protesters showed not the foggiest grasp of the basic concepts of legal discourse: That one must meet reason with reason, not power. That jeering contempt is the opposite of persuasion. That the law protects the speaker from the mob, not the mob from the speaker. Worst of all, Ms. Steinbach’s remarks made clear she is proud that Stanford students are being taught this is the way law should be.
I have been criticized in the media for getting angry at the protesters. It’s true I called them “appalling idiots,” “bullies” and “hypocrites.” They are, and I won’t apologize for saying so. Sometimes anger is the proper response to vicious behavior."

My Struggle Session at Stanford Law School​

A dean voices pride that students are being taught to stage tantrums rather than make a reasoned case.​

By Stuart Kyle Duncan
March 17, 2023 2:59 pm ET

Stanford Law School’s website touts its “collegial culture” in which “collaboration and the open exchange of ideas are essential to life and learning.” Then there’s the culture I experienced when I visited Stanford last week. I had been invited by the student chapter of the Federalist Society to discuss the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, on which I’ve served since 2018. I’ve spoken at law schools across the country, and I was glad to accept this invitation. One of my first clerks graduated from Stanford. I have friends on the faculty. I gave a talk there a few years ago and found it a warm and engaging place, but not this time.
When I arrived, the walls were festooned with posters denouncing me for crimes against women, gays, blacks and “trans people.” Plastered everywhere were photos of the students who had invited me and fliers declaring “You should be ASHAMED,” with the last word in large red capital letters and a horror-movie font. This didn’t seem “collegial.” Walking to the building where I would deliver my talk, I could hear loud chanting a good 50 yards away, reminiscent of a tent revival in its intensity. Some 100 students were massed outside the classroom as I entered, faces painted every color of the rainbow, waving signs and banners, jeering and stamping and howling. As I entered the classroom, one protester screamed: “We hope your daughters get raped!”
I had been warned a few days before about a possible protest. But Stanford administrators assured me they were “on top of it,” that Stanford’s policies permitted “protest but not disruption.” They weren’t “on top of it.” Before my talk started, the mob flooded the room. Banners unfurled. Signs brandished: “FED SUCK,” “Trans Lives Matter” (this one upside down), and others that can’t be quoted in a family newspaper. A nervous dog—literally, a canine—was in the front row, fur striped with paint. A man with a frozen smile approached me, identified himself as the “dean of student engagement,” and asked, “You doing OK?” I don’t remember what I said.

Durham indeed showed the genesis of the Trump Russia canard was part of aClinton campaign strategy.
Charges were dropped against Flynn because there was no factual basis to bring them.
No he didn't. He asserted lots of things but in the end lost his cases.

I haven't followed the whole thread, but wanted to comment that people don't seem to really be debating whether or not he's guilty, I think everyone knows Trump is guilty of most of the bullshit he gets accused of, it's just the expectation is he'll get away with it.

It's his own mistress, and his own attorney that are primarily testifying against him, it's just hilarious how the base believes the narrative is something else, like Democratic witch hunt.

Trump's foundation was shut down for illegality already. He shuttered his "university" to avoid legal trouble.
Five of his campaign staff when to jail for various crimes they engaged in, some while working for Trump.
His family financial officer Weisselberg is sitting in jail in Rykers for his criminal operations in the Trump Organization.

If this had been anyone else, he'd have been charged years ago. Trump is like a white collar mafia-boss, hard to get to, but everyone knows they are a crook.
It truly is a shame that such incredible economic policies and results are trumped but previous actions by Trump enough to let people divert from real issues. If you want to talk Foundation failures we could go to the D side as well and discuss the Clinton Foundation, or we talk about Clinton's mistresses and about lying under oath or all the Clinton ties dead but what purpose does it serve other than to divert from real issues that impact actual Americans. When Trump policies impact someone negatively they have an issue, you have offered no such claims thus the issues are personal and have nothing to do with the job he did as President or why you helped put Biden into the WH

Back
Top Bottom