• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2761] Trump says he expects to be arrested Tuesday

That's not why..you are lying again.
They didn't bring charges because 1) it was barr 2) sitting President.
The end result is they did find trump violated the law with pa
I simply argue that you contradict yourself when on the one hand you argue that what Trump did was legal and on the other hand you are talking about a misdemeanor. A misdemeanor in NY can still put a person in prison. The NY legal authorities are the ones who make the standards to prosecute in NY, not you or me. And these standards are about NY cases.

What I said is that is that the SDNY did not seek to prosecute.
And that it is because they lacked the evidence to support an allegation that Trump broke the law when private money was used to pay off Daniels as opposed to using campaign funds.

What I have said is that if a former president and present candidate for that office, is going to be investigated and prosecuted for alleged criminal activities, the alleged crime needs to be clear cut and serious.
This is thing in NY is neither.

And this position of yours is at complete with the supposed stance of going after the "establishment" or corruption. By default a former president has become part of the establishment. An investigation is taking place without knowing in advance the result. If an investigation reveals a crime, even a misdemeanor, you should want to prosecute it instead of ignoring it just because the criminal is a former president. If anything, if MAGA people were not hypocrites, they would want to hold former presidents and politicians with much power under much higher standards that a common citizen.

Barr appointed Durham to engaged in unethical, abusive manipulation of the Justice Department in pursing a baseless conspiracy theory. As a result, two individuals were prosecuted with baseless cases, both resulting in acquittal. According to the NY Times: “Mr. Durham visited Mr. Barr in his office for at times weekly updates and consultations about his day-to-day work. They also sometimes dined and sipped Scotch together.”

Barr also decided to drop all criminal charges against Michael Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, after Flynn pleaded guilty twice to breaking the law. That's unprecedented.

Yeah, while the GOP {falsely} complains about the Garland DoJ being weaponized, they were silent when Barr actually did weaponize the DoJ.

Durham indeed showed the genesis of the Trump Russia canard was part of aClinton campaign strategy.
Charges were dropped against Flynn because there was no factual basis to bring them.

The sad part of this is that some people will STILL defend him..........they can't break the cult.
IF this actually happens, I think what will be great is that it will show Americans that the rich and power are not above the law.

If he's found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, I think what will be sad is the MAGAs won't believe it...

You have no idea what the charges are... none of us do at this point...

We discuss his point (whether it will prove to be correct or not) that misdemeanors should not be prosecuted when we deal with former presidents.

Wow, so you claim, don't feel it at all especially in this forum which is a love affair for liberals who seek attention and feel they are the majority due to the support they receive from other liberals. You aren't going to change my mind or me yours. Facts will always get in the way of your personal opinion and biased, partisan ignorance

Your posts wouldn’t have facts if they could jump up and bite you in the ass.

I’ve asked you several times to back up your bullshit posts and you can’t do it.

Durham indeed showed the genesis of the Trump Russia canard was part of aClinton campaign strategy.
Charges were dropped against Flynn because there was no factual basis to bring them.

Actually the genesis of the Trump Russia canard was based on multiple pieces of evidence and has been justified based on numerous reports.. Durnham went after a particular allegation, and failed to show that such allegation was a crime.
There were factual basis for the judge and for all the prosecutors who handled his case.

And this position of yours is at complete with the supposed stance of going after the "establishment" or corruption. By default a former president has become part of the establishment. An investigation is taking place without knowing in advance the result. If an investigation reveals a crime, even a misdemeanor, you should want to prosecute it instead of ignoring it just because the criminal is a former president. If anything, if MAGA people were not hypocrites, they would want to hold former presidents and politicians with much power under much higher standards that a common citizen.

Hey that's fine.
At this point in time, we have Mr. Biden dead to rights for mishandling classified information.
We also have evidence that he broke the law when he tried to appropriate funds to cancel out student loans

If this is the game you want to play, then so be it. But judging from the progressive reaction to McCarthy releasing those videos to Carlson, itself a reaction to Pelosi decision to control who could be on the J6 committee, I am not confident they would roll with it.

No source is going to satisfy you, as stated you aren't going to change my mind and anyone who believes there isn't fraud with 68 million mail in ballots controlled by party precincts is really too naive and gullible to deal with

So show me the stats. Go find me the sources.

This should be fun for you. You’re so certain about your stats, it shouldn’t be difficult to back them up. Go on. I’ll wait.

It also isn't the predominant employer you want to believe

It sure is if you want to make a good living with job security. It is what makes the US economy powerful in the world and it wields the real political power in this country. Take away corporations and the US economy collapses. We are most definitely not an economy which strength is built on small business, even if there a a lot of small businesses numerically compared to corporations. Small businesses have a higher rate of failure and less stability. While they do contribute substantially to the economy, they would not be able to create the same economic power that corporations do. So while they may appeal to libertarian dreamers, small businesses are not the source of US economic power.

Hey that's fine.
At this point in time, we have Mr. Biden dead to rights for mishandling classified information.
We also have evidence that he broke the law when he tried to appropriate funds to cancel out student loans

If this is the game you want to play, then so be it. But judging from the progressive reaction to McCarthy releasing those videos to Carlson, itself a reaction to Pelosi decision to control who could be on the J6 committee, I am not confident they would roll with it.

At this point, you do not know what you are talking about. Since Clinton's case, we know that the statutes, as have been interpreted by the DOJ way before Trump's and Biden's cases, require that the DOJ must prove in court intention to mishandle classified info. So, you cannot compare Biden's case to Trump's case. Also, as long as Biden is president, you cannot prosecute him based on the DOJ 's legal interpretation. However, you can both prosecute Trump as a former president and show intent to mishandle classified information. So, at this point, any whining of your about double standards is just nonsense.

Why wouldn't the crime be clear cut and serious? If it's not clear cut and serious the D.A. wouldn't waste his time or risk his reputation on a case he'd lose.

A misdemeanor?

No source is going to satisfy you, as stated you aren't going to change my mind and anyone who believes there isn't fraud with 68 million mail in ballots controlled by party precincts is really too naive and gullible to deal with

What a weak excuse but not surprising coming from right wing nutters who rely on baseless accusations rather than actual research. Right wing nutters are lazy whiners who expect to be believed just because they think they are owning the libs. They draw false conclusions from fake news and never have any facts to back anything up. They think that watching YouTube videos is doing real research. They are so pathetic, lazy, and reliant on emotional rants.

At this point, you do not know what you are talking about. Since Clinton's case, we know that the statutes, as have been interpreted by the DOJ way before Trump's and Biden's cases, require that the DOJ must prove in court intention to mishandle classified info. So, you cannot compare Biden's case to Trump's case. Also, as long as Biden is president, you cannot prosecute him based on the DOJ 's legal interpretation. However, you can both prosecute Trump as a former president and show intent to mishandle classified information.

Yes the Clinton non prosecution and now the Biden transgressions make it impossible to prosecute Mr Trump for mishandling classified information.

I agree.
So now it's settled on a misdemeanor.

We'll know soon enough. And in any case, a misdemeanor was still a crime, last I checked.

Misdemeanors are important for the MAGA cultists only when the perpetrators are weak and poor; like some immigrants trespassing the border. If we are talking about powerful politicians with potential to influence the whole country, then misdemeanors are dismissed while they continue to chant "drain the swamp"

Actually the genesis of the Trump Russia canard was based on multiple pieces of evidence and has been justified based on numerous reports.. Durnham went after a particular allegation, and failed to show that such allegation was a crime.
There were factual basis for the judge and for all the prosecutors who handled his case.

Well yes, Durham couldn't show there was a lie when when Clinton campaign officials went to the FBI claiming they went to the FBI as campaign officials

Misdemeanors are important for the MAGA cultists only when the perpetrators are weak and poor; like some immigrants trespassing the border. If we are talking about powerful politicians with potential to influence the whole country, then misdemeanors are dismissed while they continue to chant "drain the swamp"

Like I said, if that is the standard to go after political opponents, it will have to be the standard across the board.
I don't think progressives are ready for that.

Yes the Clinton non prosecution and now the Biden transgressions make it impossible to prosecute Mr Trump for mishandling classified information.

I agree.
So now it's settled on a misdemeanor.
What is the legal precedent or code showing that such a prosecution would be "impossible"?

Well yes, Durham couldn't show there was a lie when when Clinton campaign officials went to the FBI claiming they went to the FBI as campaign officials

You are confused. The supposedly lie that Trumpers thought it happened was that the person did not reveal to the FBI that he had connections to Hillary's campaign, but as the court decided, the answer that person gave to the question he was asked was technically true. So, no crime was committed. And again, this person's tip was not what started the FBI investigation.

Like I said, if that is the standard to go after political opponents, it will have to be the standard across the board.
I don't think progressives are ready for that.

Sure, but you cannot whine about double standards before showing a case with clear evidence that Biden committed a crime and before Biden exits the WH.
Progressives have been accustomed to political opponents targeting major Democratic figures (see Hillary).

Last edited:
You claimed that Trump had the worst inflation numbers of any President ignoring why those numbers were bad, pandemic!! They didn't plummet before the pandemic, learn to read your own chart. Don't know why that is relevant in the first place, you want to immigrate to this country follow our laws don't invade it illegally
I don’t remember anything I said about Trump and inflation. What I have said about current inflation - presumably, though I don’t know for sure, worse under Biden than under Trump - is that it is understandable given an economy emerging from a COVID inspired lockdown, as people begin to travel and buy things, with a boost from the Russia-Ukraine war. And you also responded to a post on refugees who are screened overseas and brought here legally through a program in existence since 1980. What does that have to do with illegal immigration?

Back
Top Bottom