• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:2761] Trump says he expects to be arrested Tuesday

upsideguy

Pragmatic Idealist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Trump says he expects to be arrested Tuesday Washington CNN — https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/18/politics/donald-trump-manhattan-da-arrest-protests/index.html

"Former President Donald Trump said Saturday he expects to be arrested in connection with the investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney next week and called for protests as a result.

In a social media post on Saturday, Trump, referring to himself, said the “leading Republican candidate and former president of the United States will be arrested on Tuesday of next week.”

“Protest, take our nation back,” he wrote.

While Trump offered no details on why he expects to be indicted, his legal team has been anticipating that it will happen soon and has been preparing behind the scenes for the next steps. The former president is expected to present himself in Manhattan following the formal charges and has expressed interest in making a speech after, though whether he ultimately does remains to be seen."
So, progress on this front is being made. Once again, our victim in chief is saying "woe is me" rather than the statesman approach of taking this like a man, telling his people he "has got this", just go home and justice will prevail.

This idea of telling people to take to the streets shows he learned nothing by Jan 6 and is more than happy to cheer on another insurrection. He clearly has no love for America. This man has no business anywhere near the white house.

Of course this is Trump revealing this story. It would be custom for the Manhattan DA's office to "negotiate his surrender", so he would have indication this was coming.

Last edited:
So, progress on this front is being made. Once again, our victim in chief is saying "woe is me" rather than the statesman approach of taking this like a man, telling his people he "has got this", just go home and justice will prevail.

This idea of telling people to take to the streets shows he learned nothing by Jan 6 and is more than happy to cheer on another insurrection. He clearly has no love for America. This man has no business anywhere near the white house.

Of course this is Trump revealing this story. It would be custom for the Manhattan DA's office to "negotiate his surrender", so he would have indication this was coming.
One day his delusional fans may come to understand that there are just two things Trump cares about; himself and money. He doesn't give a rat's about America or the American people-including those who elected him. Moreover Trump is incapable of learning, because he knows better than anyone else about anything you care to mention. He reminds us of that at every opportunity.

Wow. This is really happening, isn't it. I honestly can't believe it. I mean I can, but I had so many doubts. Thoughts and prayers to the Trumplings on DP. They are about to go through some things.

I imagine we can expect a few attempted repeats of January 6 type violence around the country. These people are unhinged and will try to take down as many others as they possibly can.

He may be arrested. He may not.

There‘s no reason to believe him.

There were other reports going around yesterday that law enforcement agencies were making preparations for possible violence after an arrest, so this isn't just coming from the Trump camp. It seems like something might finally be happening, years after the fact.

The sad part of this is that some people will STILL defend him..........they can't break the cult.

One day his delusional fans may come to understand that there are just two things Trump cares about; himself and money. He doesn't give a rat's about America or the American people-including those who elected him. Moreover Trump is incapable of learning, because he knows better than anyone else about anything you care to mention. He reminds us of that at every opportunity.
Except of the reality which a foreigner like you would never understand, facts and data trump your opinions. Trump is a bombastic asshole that generated the best economic results of any President in modern history his first three years in office. The fact that you and the rest of the radical left foreigners hate him so much just shows total ignorance as to the role of the President and the results generated and why he should have been elected. Putting America first really bothers foreigners although you have no problem with your leadership doing the same thing

The sad part of this is that some people will STILL defend him..........they can't break the cult.
who is defending Trump? I am defending his policies and results as those are the only thing that matters to the American people. Far too many including you focus on personality and rhetoric and are responsible for the disaster in the WH today. All this anti Trump rhetoric is a diversion as I don't see anyone telling us about Biden's great results or that we are headed in the right direction. If Trump is elected think anyone will get back on topic discussing actual verifiable results and policies generated by radical liberalism?

It continues to be cute that progressives think they have a monopoly on 'protests' or 'civil disobedience' in response to actions by the state.
It's funny how you guys think they are the same thing.

Quick talk about Jan. 6th and the summer riots as if they are the same so people will talk about that stupid tangent and not the actual issue!

why now ? for something his lawyer did in 2016 or for the hush payment (which is normal for rich people) in 2006 ?

we're talking 7 and 17 years ago respectively and what law did Trump himself actually break to warrant being arrested ?

take him out of the 2024 election, I prefer Desantis and others ..... but to see this as anything BUT politically motivated ? I mean obviously Democrats are scared to death of Trump in 2024, they're still doing everything they can to stop him running and to see a political party/Govt attacking to this extent ?

its very worrisome to me

It continues to be cute that progressives think they have a monopoly on 'protests' or 'civil disobedience' in response to actions by the state.

Do you expect protests in NYC if he is arrested on Tuesday? Will the MAGA idiots be brave enough to ride on a subway...

It's funny how you guys think they are the same thing.

Quick talk about Jan. 6th and the summer riots as if they are the same so people will talk about that stupid tangent and not the actual issue!

The actual issue would be what trump said this morning: that he expects to be arrested by the government and is calling for protests against that action by the state of New York.

The actual issue would be what trump said this morning: that he expects to be arrested by the government and is calling for protests against that action by the state of New York.

Protest away... Obey all the local laws wherever you protest...

Do you expect protests in NYC if he is arrested on Tuesday? Will the MAGA idiots be brave enough to ride on a subway...

as a general rule-- No-- MAGA types generally have jobs and no time for that kind of nonsense.
But I am sure there will be rallies somewhere during the course of the week.

Yes.. good for you for staying on topic for once.

as a general rule-- No-- MAGA types generally have jobs and no time for that kind of nonsense.
But I am sure there will be rallies somewhere during the course of the week.

Think the rallies will change the outcome of court in NEW YORK CITY? Plenty of slack jawed MAGA types showed up on Jan 6th... A WORK DAY

Back
Top Bottom