• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:233]Live updates from Georgia

You are a bit optimistic, on the nominations of cabinet officers and judges this is true, but legislation will still need to clear 60 votes, so no P.R and DC statehood.
That depends if Schumer(?) keeps the filibuster rule. Many Dems want to nuke it, and McConnel will have that opportunity. I think there's a reasonable chance he does it, as it was on their agenda during the campaign.

Last edited:
Sorry, those Trump morons are still out there!
As a political/direction leadership... trumpism is dead. It hit its peak and will be marginalized as a looney Qanon CT joke. They will win in relatively few areas and will exist as a disease that fractures the republican party.

Still millions of Trumptards in this country though.
correct

they are the defenders of men who killed US Military members and they pretend they are for lower debt, christian values and equality.

have you noticed that they don't even mention "personal responsivity" anymore?

That depends if McConnel keeps the filibuster rule. Many Dems want to nuke it, and McConnel will have that opportunity. I think there's a reasonable chance he does it, as it was on their agenda during the campaign.
LOL.

McConnell has no say in keeping it anymore...

As a political/direction leadership... trumpism is dead. It hit its peak and will be marginalized as a looney Qanon CT joke. They will win in relatively few areas and will exist as a disease that fractures the republican party.
man. i don't know. i'm thinking they make a huge comeback in the next elections.

So it turns out parroting conspiracy theories and trying to undermine democracy actually pushes away normal people?
The people who listen to that garbage are not normal.

This makes him poison at the ballot box.

I wonder if the GOP senators who are planning on protesting the electoral votes are all getting together to rescind their plan this morning...
The data correlation was in an entry in their live thread, last night. As expected from 538, there were graphs & data columns. I wanted to post it here, but couldn't copy the graphs & data. But if you go to the 538 live thread, you'll see it. It was the 2nd from last post before their signing-off for the night - if I remember correctly?

Anyway, good morning!

man. i don't know. i'm thinking they make a huge comeback in the next elections.

Ordinarily this is what would occur.
It just may be however that the country has Trump fatigue.
Folks may well appreciate an adult in the White House again.

Honest, Trump is a freak show and all novelties wear off.
Yes, there is nearly 40% of the country that thinks him God. But time changes all.

Tighter gridlock is better for business. They can’t overuse Harris as a tie breaker because of her 2024 plans.

Generally all the big plans and promises fall to the wayside and they settle for one or two signature efforts. So we shall see.

LOL.

McConnell has no say in keeping it anymore...
Ooops . . . should be 'Schumer' (or other Dem designated leader)! Was up late, still half-asleep as I run out the door . . .

Georgia voted for Biden and, if these numbers hold up, two democratic Senators.

Folks, the voter suppression over the decades in the South is way worse than I thought. Time for Stacey to educate all Southern Democratic parties about what she did to overcome it.

Though he does have the gavel, the President of the Senate (the VP) does, we get the point.
If I understood the news guy correctly, if Ossoff is, in fact, elected and the count goes 50/50, as you said, the VP will break the tie and tip the scale and announce Chuck Schumer (sp?) as the new senate majority leader.

Boy howdy, Republicans are really getting on Trump's case this morning. Of course, Trump is already claiming fraud in mythical places. I'm sure his propaganda sources will pick up on that and run with it a couple of days. We have come to expect that.

Man o' man. When Trump loses, he goes all out. I wonder how his scheduled "wilding" will turn out today? Hearing about police clashes last night. They are really riling up their crowd trying to get them as pissed off as they can. Asking them if they are ready and willing to stage a coup today to stand up for "'Mericuh and Freedom. USA! USA! USA!" Isn't that somewhat seditious? Sad part is, most of these folks really aren't bad people underneath all the politics. They have been willingly brainwashed with lies and propaganda suited to their flavor to the point they are being led like sheep to the slaughter to support traitorous actions. I think it's safe to say this level of loser butthurt has never been seen before in our lifetime's. I know they think, in their hearts, they are doing the "right" thing. But there is no "right" in sedition and acting traitorous as they are there to do. This is Trump's America folks. Read 'em and weep. Votes matter. We elected the guy. We are partially to blame. (Well, some of us are anyways. <wink>)

Just looking at the crowd at the stage, getting pumped up at the hate rally, preparing to march on the capitol, There are enough of them to cause a stink but no so many that I don't think local law enforcement can't handle. I hope those arrested today, are charged with treason rather than just public disorder. On one hand, I feel sorry for these weak minded people. On the other hand, I hope these dumbasses get locked up. If they can keep it peaceful, I support their right to protest, (as stupid and futile as it really is) 100%. But if their intent is a disruptive and violent coup, as their hate rally is suggesting, to the tower with all of them.

I suspect the Trump supporters will cause a stink, Trump will declare martial law due to his supporter's civil disorder, and stop the electoral procedures. Folks say he can't do that. I think he might do it anyways and then try to sort it all out weeks, if not months, down the road as he refuses to leave the office.

But it's encouraging to see many republicans are starting to open their eyes. But the Trumptards are hopeless. Their eyes have scaled over. There will never be a day of dawning for them.

Last edited:
Ordinarily this is what would occur.
It just may be however that the country has Trump fatigue.
Folks may well appreciate an adult in the White House again.

Honest, Trump is a freak show and all novelties wear off.
Yes, there is nearly 40% of the country that thinks him God. But time changes all.
i don't worry about Trump. i worry about the modern day confederates. the only thing that stops them is getting old and passing away.

i don't worry about Trump. i worry about the modern day confederates. the only thing that stops them is getting old and passing away.

Sadly, Trump has created another generation of confederates.

He made it "OK" to be a racist high school drop out, teen pregnant piece of shit.

Suppose Republicans are tired of all the winning yet?
The Trump legacy:

Dem Presidency, Dem House, Dem Senate

Please, GOP. Run him again in 2024!

It ain't done yet. Mail-in ballots with a postmark of 5 January have until this coming Friday to be counted. As close as the totals are presently, we really might not know the final results until Friday night.

If I understood the news guy correctly, if Ossoff is, in fact, elected and the count goes 50/50, as you said, the VP will break the tie and tip the scale and announce Chuck Schumer (sp?) as the new senate majority leader.

Boy howdy, Republicans are really getting on Trump's case this morning. Of course, Trump is already claiming fraud in mythical places. I'm sure his propaganda sources will pick up on that and run with it a couple of days. We have come to expect that.

Man o' man. When Trump loses, he goes all out. I wonder how his scheduled "wilding" will turn out today? Hearing about police clashes last night. They are really riling up their crowd trying to get them as pissed off as they can. Asking them if they are ready and willing to stage a coup today to stand up for "'Mericuh and Freedom. USA! USA! USA!" Isn't that somewhat seditious? Sad part is, most of these folks really aren't bad people underneath all the politics. They have been willingly brainwashed to the point they are being led like sheep to the slaughter to support traitorous actions. I think it's safe to say this level of butthurt has never been seen before in our lifetime's. I know they think, in their hearts, they are doing the "right" thing. But there is no "right" in sedition and acting traitorous as they are here to do.

Just looking at the crowd at the stage, getting pumped up at the hate rally, preparing to march on the capitol, There are enough of them to cause a stink but no so many that I don't think local law enforcement can't handle. I hope those arrested today, are charged with treason rather than just public disorder. On one hand, I feel sorry for these weak minded people. On the other hand, I hope these dumbasses get locked up. If they can keep it peaceful, I support their right to protest, (as stupid and futile as it really is) 100%. But if their intent is a disruptive and violent coup, as their hate rally is suggesting, to the tower with all of them.

I suspect the Trump supporters will cause a stink, Trump will declare martial law due to his supporter's civil disorder, and stop the electoral procedures. Folks say he can't do that. I think he might do it anyways and then try to sort it all out weeks, if not months, down the road as he refuses to leave the office.

But it's encouraging to see many republicans are starting to open their eyes. But the Trumptards are hopeless. Their eyes have scaled over. There will never be a day of dawning for them.

The data correlation was in an entry in their live thread, last night. As expected from 538, there were graphs & data columns. I wanted to post it here, but couldn't copy the graphs & data. But if you go to the 538 live thread, you'll see it. It was the 2nd from last post before their signing-off for the night - if I remember correctly?

Anyway, good morning!

You can just copy the webpage link and hope everyone has enough brain cells to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom