• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:233]Live updates from Georgia

I've yet to see Ossoff in the lead and it looks like they are done counting tonight. He's down around 1,300 votes. Dekalb has 12% left to count and I don't now how many military ballots are outstanding. I'm not comfortable at all until it is all the way done.
An excellent resource is the election results section in the NY Times. Their "Live Forecast" section breaks down the vote, the remaining uncounted vote, and what the expected results will be from the remaining outstanding votes. They basically called the results by 8 pm Pacific.

So the party membership of the Senate would be equal with two independent senators who caucus with the D's if that's what you might mean, ie, the two Indy senators tipping things to the D's. So in respect of majority leader and committee assignment numbers/ratio, the numbers are not equal when the reality of the two I senators are factored in.
I'd say you're overthinking it. The two independent senators caucus with the Dems. For staffing committees, they count as Dems. They sit in the Dem seats on the committees, right?

Just watch. You'll see.

I have reservation about eliminating the filibuster, it gives too much opportunity for the next republican administration to reverse legislation just like
Biden will undo the trump executive orders. For instance, the Affordable Care Act would have been legislated out of existence were it not for the 60 vote
threshold, remember John McCain and his "thumbs down" to defeat repeal. Still love the look on McConnell's face.
I understand the hesitation in giving the majority the ability to govern. But not doing so clouds responsibility. If Republicans had overturned the ACA and suddenly people with preexisting conditions no longer had access to health insurance, possibly Republicans wouldn't win another election in our lifetimes. Or they would have to start dealing with the real world for a change.

True dat. But what are we gonna do with the Trumpkin cling-on's? They ain't never gonna change or admit they were on the wrong side of history. Like all of us, they are American too. These folks are our neighbors, co-workers, friends and family. Can't shoot 'em. Can't put 'em up for adoption.
We're going to love them like always, but not discuss politics. It will also help if we can keep them off the internet. Give them RL projects instead. 😁

Oh looks like those wily Democrats rigged another election. Too bad they hadn't rigged enough to actually take control of the Senate.
lol
They did it with Republicans watching. Sneaky!

We're going to love them like always, but not discuss politics. It will also help if we can keep them off the internet. Give them RL projects instead. 😁
If it were up to me, they would get their voting rights suspended until they completed a course in civics and a course on how to identify lies, propaganda and fake news. Gullibility .101. And then make them swear allegiance again to the United States of America.

I already suggested that. It went nowhere. LOL!

They value hands-on skills over intellectual pursuits, so this could be a good distraction for them.

If it were up to me, they would get their voting rights suspended until they completed a course in civics and a course on how to identify lies, propaganda and fake news. Gullibility .101. And then make them swear allegiance again to the United States of America.

I already suggested that. It went nowhere. LOL!
You need to consider subtlety. If you attack your target directly, he will defend and dodge. If you can distract him instead, you have a better chance of success. These are adults, so you can't just hand them over to de-programmers like they're a bunch of teenage Moonies.

They value hands-on skills over intellectual pursuits, so this could be a good distraction for them.
I was thinking of outdoor activities. Camping, hunting and fishing, hiking, preferably in remote areas with no internet service.

You need to consider subtlety. If you attack your target directly, he will defend and dodge. If you can distract him instead, you have a better chance of success. These are adults, so you can't just hand them over to de-programmers like they're a bunch of teenage Moonies.

Me?

Subtle?

Hmmmm... Okay. I'll work on that. ☢

You think that may be why no one has ever asked me to run for public office?

I am prepared to forgive completely for simply pretending you never supported trump and turning on the remainder who don't.

I suggest others do the same. They need someone to hate. Tell them it's the guy next to them at the rally this morning.

Truly, it is childish. And yet, when push came to shove, the man delivered for us when it counts. If a better non-Trump Republican comes along to primary him, I might consider voting for him or her. But until such time I will vote for the man who helped keep our farms alive.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Are you ****ing serious man? It is Donald Trump's Trade war that put them into serious jeopardy in the first place. For **** sake. The Delusion is strong in you.

Gabe Sterling: "It was an impressive feat by whoever did it to get 100,000 people to show up for a January election who did not show up in a November election ... While Republicans were busy attacking the governor and my boss, the Democrats were out there knocking on doors."

Georgia voted for Biden and, if these numbers hold up, two democratic Senators.

Folks, the voter suppression over the decades in the South is way worse than I thought. Time for Stacey to educate all Southern Democratic parties about what she did to overcome it.
images

Gabe Sterling: "It was an impressive feat by whoever did it to get 100,000 people to show up for a January election who did not show up in a November election ... While Republicans were busy attacking the governor and my boss, the Democrats were out there knocking on doors."
A Republican acknowledging reality! I'm impressed. (y)

True dat. But what are we gonna do with the Trumpkin cling-on's? They ain't never gonna change or admit they were on the wrong side of history. Like all of us, they are American too. These folks are our neighbors, co-workers, friends and family. Can't shoot 'em. Can't put 'em up for adoption.
There are still people who think the Earth is flat. Since they have no power, they aren't consequential. That will be the same with Trumpsters. As long as they can't practice their racism or reactionary policies, who cares?

If Jon Ossoff had already won by 2:00 a.m. all the mainstream media would be calling it. The race still is too close to call.
The data, that shows that the outstanding votes are from Dem areas, the networks are just being cautious or just don't want viewers turning off their TVs. Unless there is a GOP miracle, Ossoff will be a Senator.

Georgia voted for Biden and, if these numbers hold up, two democratic Senators.

Folks, the voter suppression over the decades in the South is way worse than I thought. Time for Stacey to educate all Southern Democratic parties about what she did to overcome it.

I am wondering if Stacey gets the DNC Chair job. I also think we are witnessing a huge shift in political affinity with many rust belt states (WI, PA, MI, OH) turning red, while much of the growing southern states (NC, GA, TX, AZ and maybe SC) turning blue.

I am wondering if Stacey gets the DNC Chair job. I also think we are witnessing a huge shift in political affinity with many rust belt states (WI, PA, MI, OH) turning red, while much of the growing southern states (NC, GA, TX, AZ and maybe SC) turning blue.
She needs to be in some role higher than chairman of the dnc. Maybe democratic campaign czar for life.

There are still people who think the Earth is flat. Since they have no power, they aren't consequential. That will be the same with Trumpsters. As long as they can't practice their racism or reactionary policies, who cares?
A dying breed, indeed.

Back
Top Bottom