• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:233]Live updates from Georgia

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The polls are open until 7:00 p.m. ET today. Early voting ended Thursday,

If you live in Georgia, post your local runoff election news and experiences here.

This thread is about the election itself, not everything leading up to it, like our temporary Presidential Election Day section was.

following

According to CBS News, more Republicans and Democrats voted early in this election based on voter demographics.
Taking a closer look at the demographics and vote history of early voters, both parties have reasons for optimism:
About a third are Black — up three points from November early voting, which favors Democrats.​
About a third are 65 or older— up six points from November early voting, which likely helps Republicans.​
About three in 10 voted in the Democratic primary, while closer to two in 10 voted in the Republican primary.​

Last edited:
You beat me to it
The polls are open until 7:00 p.m. ET today. Early voting ended Thursday,

If you live in Georgia, post your local runoff election news and experiences here.

This thread is about the election itself, not everything leading up to it, like our temporary Presidential Election Day section was.
Thanks for starting a live thread. You beat me to it! I love these things! (y)

Anyway, I'm mainly watching CNN for John King's excellent board work & analysis.

But I'll jump around a bit to Steve Kornacky's highly-energy board work, and Fox 's more Republican take on the event.

According to CBS News, more Republicans and Democrats voted early in this election based on voter demographics.

CNN is reporting exit polls show college educated voters are higher for the Republican candidate now - than for Trump on Nov 3rd.

Take from that what you may.

On the flipside, African-American turnout seem better than Nov 3rd.

The polls just closed.
Here we gooooooooooooooo.

(my gut tells me the Democrats will win both seats)
As they say...C'est la vie.

I’ve thought the GOP was gonna win for a while. I can’t imagine GOP voters listening to Trump’s nonsense. They ain’t turning the senate over to Kamala. They’re gonna vote.

The polls just closed.

Really? I'm thinking the ticket's gonna split; Perdue and Warnock make it through.

Really? I'm thinking the ticket's gonna split; Perdue and Warnock make it through.

This is where I part ways with my fellow Trump voters, but I think the Dems will win both seats.
TOO much drama since the election makes me "feel" that they will both lose as a result.

TBH, I don't like either of the Republican candidates. I wonder if the voter might see it like I do.
Time will tell as it always does. ;)

OTOH, don't like the Democrat candidates much either. 🤷

eta: Don't get me wrong. I do not want the Democrats to take the senate but I am simply giving my feelings about it as I see it.

The polls just closed.

Trix, I certainly hope your gut is wrong. It might just be indigestion. It’s a nervous time for a lot of people. Even for non Georgians.

Anyway, I'm mainly watching CNN for John King's excellent board work & analysis.

But I'll jump around a bit to Steve Kornacky's highly-energy board work, and Fox 's more Republican take on the event.

Is John King the left-handed guy?

On November 3 I flipped between CNN and MSNBC. It is boring to spend all night looking at state and regional maps without breaks for reports, interviews, and commentary.

I don't know, but IMHO these CNN exit polls are not looking good for Ossoff - at least. CNN isn't necessarily drawing that conclusion, but I am.

Is John King the left-handed guy?

On November 3 I flipped between CNN and MSNBC. It is boring to spend all night looking at state and regional maps without breaks for reports, interviews, and commentary.
No idea. I never paid attention. He's the main board guy, and damn good - the best!

I’ve thought the GOP was gonna win for a while. I can’t imagine GOP voters listening to Trump’s nonsense. They ain’t turning the senate over to Kamala. They’re gonna vote.
Yep. If the Dems win, I will be pleasantly surprised. If the R's win both it will be about as expected. However, I believe Loeffer is a terrible candidate and would never have won anything without being appointed first. Purdue kind of earned it, but he's a crook. I know little about the two D's other than that they are not Trumpian morons like Kelly and the crook.

Trix, I certainly hope your gut is wrong. It might just be indigestion. It’s a nervous time for a lot of people. Even for non Georgians.

LOL, my guts been wrong for the last year or more; gallbladder trouble. ;)

Now that this is behind me, I look at it this way... IF the Dems win, the GOP will come in for the kill in 2022, and make Biden a lame duck..

Yep. If the Dems win, I will be pleasantly surprised. If the R's win both it will be about as expected. However, I believe Loeffer is a terrible candidate and would never have won anything without being appointed first. Purdue kind of earned it, but he's a crook. I know little about the two D's other than that they are not Trumpian morons like Kelly and the crook.

Perdue and Loeffler could not make it clearer they don’t give a single shit about a single person that’s going to vote for them.

Everyone who has been paying attention is going to vote for both Republicans or both Democrats. Unlike the general election, this time there is no reason to split the ticket.

LOL, my guts been wrong for the last year or more; gallbladder trouble. ;)

Now that this is behind me, I look at it this way... IF the Dems win, the GOP will come in for the kill in 2022, and make Biden a lame duck..
Not if the Democrats come through in changing America. Puerto Rico, D.C., and who knows what else they’re do to change the landscape of elections. I’ve talked to a few Republicans who are really fed up and giving up.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Any left-leaning members here need to manage their expectations: Georgia is a hell of a lot more like North Carolina than Virginia.

Back
Top Bottom