• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:119]Could a liberal on the forum explain this to me

Re: Could a liberal on the forum explain this to me

IF the government controls the price of drugs, lots of companies would go out of business.

Don't freaking worry about that. The Republicans in 2003 with help from the lobbyists prohibited Medicare and the federal government from using its vast purchasing power to negotiate lower prices directly from the drug companies.
The congressmen who pushed that bill were rewarded with very rewarding jobs as lobbyists upon the end of their term.

Don't even start.

Not a liberal, but I'm all for a cap on this!

Trump promised to tackle rocketing pharmaceutical prices.

Trump also promised to repair the US physical infrastructure.

We have seen no progress whatsoever in either and yet they are critical.

Why do liberals want a huge costly over bearing government that tries to control every aspect of our lives? For every rule or regulation the government comes up with people lose more freedom. What is it with the liberal psyche that makes them want to totally control the lives of other people? Why do liberals think they need to tell me what I should do or not do in minute detail????????????

I disagree with liberals on oh so many things, but saying that they advocate the total control of people’s lives by the government is a gross misrepresentation.

IF the government controls the price of drugs, lots of companies would go out of business.

No a lot of shareholder's dividend checks would be smaller, deal with it!

Too bad. That's one area that should be highly regulated. It's disgusting how these companies have huge profits off of drugs that some people need to stay alive.

I do not think you are paying attention. Pharmaceutical companies are struggling left and right.

Johnson and Johnson had to pay 4.7 billion because allegedly they had asbestos in their baby powder products which cause ovarian cancer. Completely false. There is actually no evidence that talc even causes cancer.

Explain that you come in here with erroneous fallacy, make a false premise and then expect others to answer why you have paranoid fantasies? Why?:roll::lamo:2rofll:

Do you have ANY idea how many rules and regulations big government has come up with? Many are outlandishly ignorant.

They don't want that.

Why do you promote a Marxist USA?

/Thread
I dont. Marx was for huge controlling government.

So if we don’t have government oversight who will control drug prices, healthcare, education just to name a few. What is your plan for oversight?

Ok one small point on what you said. Lets take the education Dept you mention. Some big government over paid under worked liberal came up with Common Core math. It sets kids math skills back years.

You have made this general political discussion far too general. To help matters along, perhaps you can make a more specific topic of discussion along the lines of that general statement (bolded above). Could you please name a specific rule or regulation that you find to be especially overbearing and how it reduces your freedom? After that, then some liberal (or maybe even myself) may be better able to explain why they support that specific rule or regulation despite its reduction of your freedom.
For you too, do you have any idea how many rules and regulations big government has come up with to reduce your freedoms.

I dont. Marx was for huge controlling government.

If he was, then why do you support him? Why do you want every, single aspect of every person's life run by the gov't?

Do you have ANY idea how many rules and regulations big government has come up with? Many are outlandishly ignorant.

Considering the things you post, seems to me you are the kind of people, who when confronted with the plague, figured all cats were of the devil and killed them all to "solve" the problem.:roll:

Why do liberals want a huge costly over bearing government that tries to control every aspect of our lives? For every rule or regulation the government comes up with people lose more freedom. What is it with the liberal psyche that makes them want to totally control the lives of other people? Why do liberals think they need to tell me what I should do or not do in minute detail????????????

they don't?

When I googled how many federal regulations are there on the books, I found that in 2015 -------------EIGHT ONE THOUSAND--------MORE regulations were put on the books. Argue with that.

I do not think you are paying attention. Pharmaceutical companies are struggling left and right.

Johnson and Johnson had to pay 4.7 billion because allegedly they had asbestos in their baby powder products which cause ovarian cancer. Completely false. There is actually no evidence that talc even causes cancer.

Wasn’t it a jury that awarded that?

You have made this general political discussion far too general. To help matters along, perhaps you can make a more specific topic of discussion along the lines of that general statement (bolded above). Could you please name a specific rule or regulation that you find to be especially overbearing and how it reduces your freedom? After that, then some liberal (or maybe even myself) may be better able to explain why they support that specific rule or regulation despite its reduction of your freedom.

See my post #39!!!!

Ok one small point on what you said. Lets take the education Dept you mention. Some big government over paid under worked liberal came up with Common Core math. It sets kids math skills back years.

Okay, so what is the solution?

Wasn’t it a jury that awarded that?

From Johnson and Johnson's website:

Following decades of studies conducted by medical experts across the globe, it has been demonstrated through science, research and clinical evidence that few ingredients have the same performance, mildness and safety profile as cosmetic talc.

Talc, also known as talcum powder, is a naturally occurring mineral that is highly stable, chemically inert and odorless. The grade of talc used in cosmetics is of high purity—comparable to that used for pharmaceutical applications—and it’s only mined from select deposits in certified locations before being milled into relatively large, non-respirable-sized particles.

Today, talc is accepted as safe for use in cosmetic and personal care products throughout the world.

https://www.jnj.com/our-products/5-important-facts-about-the-safety-of-talc

For you too, do you have any idea how many rules and regulations big government has come up with to reduce your freedoms.

Nope, can you count them? How many should there be? My point was, and remains, that without addressing a specific rule or regulation, or even a specific class of them, there is little possibility of a rational discussion.

Logical1 finally admits he is a pro-choice supporter! Logical1 supports same sex marriages, transgenders in the military, legalized reefer, strict separation of church and state, the right to kneel during the national anthem at public events, freedom of the press and nude selfies among consenting adults.

Rock it, bro.

This post is a total lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I googled how many federal regulations are there on the books, I found that in 2015 -------------EIGHT ONE THOUSAND--------MORE regulations were put on the books. Argue with that.

Not all of them were put in place by liberals. Next.

This post is a total lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDK, maybe some more caps, a few more exclamation points, I don't think I believe you.:cool:

If he was, then why do you support him? Why do you want every, single aspect of every person's life run by the gov't?

I dont. I subscribe to what Jefferson said.-----------------the best possible government is the LEAST possible government.

Nope, can you count them? How many should there be? My point was, and remains, that without addressing a specific rule or regulation, or even a specific class of them, there is little possibility of a rational discussion.

Well of course he's not interested in that!:cool:

Okay, so what is the solution?

Simple-------------go back to regular old fashion math. It worked well for more than 200 years in this country.

Back
Top Bottom