• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Victory, sharia compliant Churches Chicken closes its doors

NO - because the LDS Church is identified with the Good Old USA ,

I think Utah and polygamy and an odd secretive sect.

and people abroad when thinking of the Church invariably think of America. Goes hand in hand.

I think most abroad don't think that.

No , they do actually and I've spoken of that specific point to numerous returned Missionaries.

Also as YOU know the Main LDS(Official) Church disavows Polygamy and will discipline or excommunicate possibly any Member involved in it , or who has concealed contact with the Sub groups of Mormons. Critics of the Church always resort to the Polygamy angle.

No , they do actually and I've spoken of that specific point to numerous returned Missionaries.

Anecdotal evidence.

Also as YOU know the Main LDS(Official) Church disavows Polygamy and will discipline or excommunicate possibly any Member involved in it , or who has concealed contact with the Sub groups of Mormons. Critics of the Church always resort to the Polygamy angle.

Er so? polygamy still comes to mind when Mormons are brought up:

Mormonism in a Word
Figure 8

When asked to describe their impression of the Mormon religion in a single word, somewhat more (27%) offer a negative word than a positive one (23%); 19% give a neutral descriptor. The most common negative word expressed is "polygamy," including "bigamy" or some other reference to plural marriage (75 total responses), followed by "cult" (57 total mentions). But while many people associate polygamy with Mormonism, nearly as many think of "family" or "family values" (74 total mentions). Other positive words commonly used to describe Mormonism include "dedicated" (34 mentions), "devout" or "devoted" (32 mentions), "good" (31 mentions), and "faith" or "faithful" (25 total mentions).

http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/How-the-Public-Perceives-Romney-Mormons.aspx

Last edited:
It comes up in the mind of the uninformed, or those with an Axe to grind against the Church. This in recent times gets accelerated because of the perceptions of how most Mormons Vote, and their involvement in Social issues.

Sure thing, Ned, whatever you say.

I've noticed, by the by, how you latched onto that whole polygamy thing and stopped talking about your complete lack of evidence with respect to American Muslims.

It comes up in the mind of the uninformed, or those with an Axe to grind against the Church.

Well it is a part of Mormon history and a fairly big part of it. So much so the Federal Government made it a condition of Statehood.

Sure thing, Ned, whatever you say.

I've noticed, by the by, how you latched onto that whole polygamy thing and stopped talking about your complete lack of evidence with respect to American Muslims.

I didn't alter this thread and IF YOU insist upon Hard Evidence from all those posting on this board you'll be disapointed more often than not.

ALSO those periodically calling for Citations don't always refrain from generalizations themselves.

Well it is a part of Mormon history and a fairly big part of it. So much so the Federal Government made it a condition of Statehood.

Just before the Spanish American War. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

I frankly don't believe the OP... but if it's true, then it's sad.

AFAIK, Shariah compliant is just the hyper-political way of saying their food is halal, which is actually a good thing. Halal meat is much better quality than what you'd find at KFC. Aside from the animal being killed more humanely, its upbringing is more healthy, free of chemicals, and where the meat is processed is spic and span. You did a disservice to your community... you increased unemployment, shut down a restaurant that others surely enjoyed, and perpetuated hateful thinking, all through a propaganda campaign.

Your hate knows no bounds, but what can we expect from sheer and utter ignorance.

Is there any link as to how their chickens are actually raised?

I love chicken but unfortunately one really shouldn't be eating the chickens that are saturated in antibiotics they have nowdays. They suspect the tampering with our meat source is the reason young girls are going through puberty much earlier than a generation ago.

It is a shame what they have done in the chicken industry. In the 50's it took some 87 days to raise a chicken to maturity. Now days it only takes 45 days plus the chicken in the 50's weighed 3 pounds and today it weighs 5 pounds. Any question now why we are the most obese country in the world.

I didn't alter this thread

You absolutely positively grabbed hold of the whole Mormon thing when it came along and conveniently stopped talking about Muslims.

and IF YOU insist upon Hard Evidence from all those posting on this board you'll be disapointed more often than not.

I make a point of asking for some form of evidence from people who, like you, make broad generalizations.

Why can't you just admit that you don't have any? Why do you continue to misdirect and obfuscate?

This is like his 6th chance in my four years here. He's not sincere and has been espousing his racist tendacies for a long time. If it had been about any other religion besides Islam, he would never have been allowed back.

I'm new, haven't really gotten to know the tactics of most. I'm sure I will in time.
Thanks for the heads up - it is too bad that people who supposedly love the Constitution keep making exceptions to it in their personal life.

I wonder if the Mormon church has talked to Kody Brown, the one with the Reality TV program who has 4 wives? He might slip under the radar as I believe only one of them is officially married to him, the other 3 just shack up - have a pseudo wedding, but they all have kids by this dude! He claims to be a Mormon. Totally disgusting, if you ask me.

I wonder if the Mormon church has talked to Kody Brown, the one with the Reality TV program who has 4 wives? He might slip under the radar as I believe only one of them is officially married to him, the other 3 just shack up - have a pseudo wedding, but they all have kids by this dude! He claims to be a Mormon. Totally disgusting, if you ask me.

Once again that is not in keeping with the doctrines or practices of the current Main LDS Church. How about some top media outlet formally stating that the Main LDS Church promotes polygamy . Let's get this BS into Court - almost any Court. Hard evidence - you know the kind of stuff a few Hypocrites always like to demand from others.

BTW - this thread was not put on a different course by me.

Well, I can question your ability to avoid using a plural, or are you one of those White Liberals who enjoys sounding Black or has seen too much Jerry Springer ??

He know that most Muslims don't assimilate because all the ones can pick out on the street haven't assimilated at all.

Can't question that logic :2razz:

:doh... :lamo

Well, I can question your ability to avoid using a plural, or are you one of those White Liberals who enjoys sounding Black or has seen too much Jerry Springer ??

You realize being white and sounding black isn't a liberal thing right?

Are you trying to say that "knows" is the plural form of "know"? You're referring to a conjugation issue, not a pluralization issue

Grammar nazi fail!

gXP6v.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom