• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump-Clinton spar over economic plans

Absolutely not. Government needs to just stay out of the way.

It was Hillary who promised to bring 200,000 jobs to her district. She didn't produced.

Because anyone with half a brain knows that a US Senator doesn't create jobs in his/her state. Anyone who voted for her thinking she would is as stupid as anyone who thinks Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton as President is supposed to create jobs.

Because anyone with half a brain knows that a US Senator doesn't create jobs in his/her state. Anyone who voted for her thinking she would is as stupid as anyone who thinks Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton as President is supposed to create jobs.

So what you are saying is that Hillary's legislation she offered which she says would have created 200,000 was just another lie on her part or simply another poor accomplishment

Tres, you are saying that Hillary has less than half a brain. Or she is outright lying, or both. I don't disagree, and I won't vote for her. As far as her voters, again, I don't disagree.

Aside from government make work jobs, government can best produce private sector jobs by decreasing obstacles in the way of economic expansion.

Government can, however easily reduce the incentive for the private sector creating jobs on its own.

Last edited:
Tres, you are saying that Hillary has less than half a brain. Or she is outright lying, or both. I don't disagree, and I won't vote for her. As far as her voters, again, I don't disagree.

Aside from government make work jobs, government can best produce private sector jobs by decreasing obstacles in the way of economic expansion.

Government can, however easily reduce the incentive for the private sector creating jobs on its own.

No, I'm saying the people who vote for politicians expecting them to create private sector jobs have half a brain. What Hillary promised isn't relevant.

So what you are saying is that Hillary's legislation she offered which she says would have created 200,000 was just another lie on her part or simply another poor accomplishment

It was a lie. Just because you think it's the responsibility of politicians to create jobs isn't what a lot of other people think.

It was a lie. Just because you think it's the responsibility of politicians to create jobs isn't what a lot of other people think.

It is the responsibility of politicians to create the atmosphere for the private sector to create jobs and that is exactly what Reagan did. politicians creating legislation do so with the goal of creating that atmosphere. Liberal social engineering however does more harm than good. Obama thought he was doing that with his stimulus, Hillary thought she was doing that with her legislation but both failed because neither understand incentive, human behavior, or the private sector in general

The book smart street stupid people are going to buy the rhetoric and ignore the substance. I still believe the silent majority out there get it, I know the people of TX do as she will lose this state by 2-3 million votes. I find the self serving, selfish mentality today by far too many ignore the JFK statement of "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" That entitlement mentality is going to destroy us but rest assured Hillary will have hers.

I get your issue. I am only telling you Trump will not get you there, and the more your party invests in him, the further away you will find yourself. Your party made a major mistake. It is time to admit it and deal with it.

As for Texas, I know how they are going to vote. So what? I never particularly cared much for the state of Texas. I find their politics very backward. But, how they vote is their business. That is why we have the system we do. If they wish to vote for the loser, its their prerogative. They have voted for only one winner in 25 years...and it will be at least 4 more years before they pick a winner.

Last edited:
It is the responsibility of politicians to create the atmosphere for the private sector to create jobs and that is exactly what Reagan did. politicians creating legislation do so with the goal of creating that atmosphere. Liberal social engineering however does more harm than good. Obama thought he was doing that with his stimulus, Hillary thought she was doing that with her legislation but both failed because neither understand incentive, human behavior, or the private sector in general

The stimulus did not fail... we have been through that a zillion times.

Congressional Budget Office defends stimulus - The Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/did-the-stimulus-work-a-review-of-the-nine-best-studies-on-the-subject/2011/08/16/gIQAThbibJ_blog.html
Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com
http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/end-of-great-recession.pdf
Poll Results | IGM Forum
http://economics.mit.edu/files/7102

Again, you want to weigh your ill-informed lay opinion against our 100 of our nation's foremost economists and somehow in that arrogant little mind of yours think your opinion trumps that of 100 of our nation's foremost economists, even though you have no degree in the subject and know very little about the subject.

Its ok to say YOU think it failed ... because, but as a statement of fact, you are wrong, as your opinion is completely contrary to the preponderance of expert opinion. Though, I realize in your world, your opinion is all that matters and you aren't interested in listening to experts.... but, fortunately, most DP posters do not think like you/

clinton economic plan; more debt, more handouts, black lives matter.

trump economic plan; less debt, less handouts, law and order.

but, the media doesn't care about facts, and neither do most of you :lamo

honestly, you think foreign capital is going to come here for investment? when your candidate, your entire democrat party, is blithefully supporting mobs burning down whole cities? :lamo great economic plan; burn it! burn it all!

vote Clinton in November if you like Somalia's economic plan.

Funny-Detroit-Meme-6.jpg

Last edited:
I get your issue. I am only telling you Trump will not get you there, and the more your party invests in him, the further away you will find yourself. Your party made a major mistake. It is time to admit it and deal with it.

As for Texas, I know how they are going to vote. So what? I never particularly cared much for the state of Texas. I find their politics very backward. But, how they vote is their business. That is why we have the system we do. If they wish to vote for the loser, its their prerogative. They have voted for only one winner in 25 years...and it will be at least 4 more years before they pick a winner.

That is your opinion, what if you are wrong? I find your attitude typical of a liberal, jealous of the success this state has in its economy, population growth, and the freedom we have here to excel.

Trump, Clinton spar over economic plans in dueling speeches | Fox News

Is there anyone here that can point to actual jobs created by Hillary Clinton or any evidence that she has any economic and leadership skills? How does anyone trust a word she says?

Bigger govt, more spending, massive debt, massive entitlements, yes, more of the status quo for the Clinton supporters

How can Trump argue his economic plan, he has not presented one, or any others for that matter.

How can Trump argue his economic plan, he has not presented one, or any others for that matter.

Then you haven't paid any attention which isn't surprising as you buy what you are spoon fed from the left and the media.

Then you haven't paid any attention which isn't surprising as you buy what you are spoon fed from the left and the media.

So sorry but unlike some I do not let the media do my thinking for me, I have yet to see Trump present anything other than Pie in the sky rhetoric and snarky remarks. You blew it, admit it, you were so disgruntled with your own Party you were willing to throw away the best opportunity the Repubs had of winning the Whitehouse by selecting someone even less liked and less qualified than Hillary Clinton. Enjoy November it is what you wanted.

So sorry but unlike some I do not let the media do my thinking for me, I have yet to see Trump present anything other than Pie in the sky rhetoric and snarky remarks. You blew it, admit it, you were so disgruntled with your own Party you were willing to throw away the best opportunity the Repubs had of winning the Whitehouse by selecting someone even less liked and less qualified than Hillary Clinton. Enjoy November it is what you wanted.

Sorry but yes you do as you ignore actual verifiable data and simply buy the rhetoric. My Party? You have no idea what my party is and ignore my history which I have stated many times. I was a JFK Democrat, that isn't today's Democrat Party that is destroying this country with the support of people like you. You aren't even close to being independent for an independent does research, an independent doesn't buy the media spin. I vote for the closest candidate to my point of view that has a chance of winning and that is Trump. Hillary is a habitual liar as her economic speech and rhetoric on her accomplishments shows. Trump has created more jobs and has the leadership and management skills that you don't understand and Hillary will never have

Sorry but yes you do as you ignore actual verifiable data and simply buy the rhetoric. My Party? You have no idea what my party is and ignore my history which I have stated many times. I was a JFK Democrat, that isn't today's Democrat Party that is destroying this country with the support of people like you. You aren't even close to being independent for an independent does research, an independent doesn't buy the media spin. I vote for the closest candidate to my point of view that has a chance of winning and that is Trump. Hillary is a habitual liar as her economic speech and rhetoric on her accomplishments shows. Trump has created more jobs and has the leadership and management skills that you don't understand and Hillary will never have
I will let your outburst stand as all the proof required to display your ignorance on a wide range of topics. Thanks.

The stimulus did not fail... we have been through that a zillion times.

I guess you call over the past 8 yrs under Obama we end up with a GDP just over 1 percent and the worst recovery sense the 1940's a success. Add that to more on food stamps, wages stagnate, the rich getting richer expanding the disparity between the rich and the middle class. Christ I could outline a laundry list of economic failures of Obama's policies. But you champion failure at all cost.

I will let your outburst stand as all the proof required to display your ignorance on a wide range of topics. Thanks.

LOL, yep, not one ounce of facts in your post and nothing more than an opinion. Facts have a way of not entering the world of a so called independent

LOL, yep, not one ounce of facts in your post and nothing more than an opinion. Facts have a way of not entering the world of a so called independent

Yep that describes your outburst perfectly.

I am merely driving home the point that if you believe those things, Donald Trump is not your savior. He is an inept leader and inept politician and has personality faults that make him downright dangerous for America. That is not just my opinion, but the represents the preponderance of informed thought in America. Trump is so bad that whatever faults Hillary has are not even issues anymore. Trump will not win. I beginning to be sold the notion that he actually does not want the job. He sold the Republican party a bill of goods just as he sold those that matriculated at Trump University a bill of goods. Snake oil is snake oil

Agreed.

All the GOP needed was a candidate like Kasich, Rubio, or Gingrich to win the primary, and they would be literally a shoe-in at this point. She is a very weak candidate, and comes with enormous amounts of baggage. But the train wreck that is Donald Trump has put the American voter into a rather cut-and-dry position: the megalomaniac or the stained politician. Let's not forget how the GOP got to this point; pushing the most vitriolic rhetoric as a cornerstone of their platform. The GOP is so enraged, and so full of anger, that only a Trump nomination would appease. Sadly, this could mean an end to the two-party balance.

Smart conservatives, having watched the Republican party beat itself senseless (maybe to the point it will be wounded for a generation) need to make due with the scraps. 1) Abandon Trump, don't waste your money or vote on him; 2) Save the Senate (if you can); 3) Save the House (which you probably will); 4) get Garland approved (the gettin' now is as good as it is going to get for two years); 5) implement the percepts of the GOP Project so that you never again put up a pathetic candidate; 6) Focus on 2020.

IMO, in order for the GOP to have a meaningful impact going forward, they will have to abandon the anti-LGBT, anti-abortion, anti-minority, pro-police/prison stances. This new shift toward economic protectionism is just a flash in the pan.

Yep that describes your outburst perfectly.

Look, if you would like to debate the issue get off the emotional opinions and post some actual data and facts to support your claim. I have done it over and over again which of course confuses you as it doesn't support your narrative. What is it in the Clinton economic proposals that are accurate and factual and what is it about Trump's actually do you disagree with, NAFTA, the illegals, the tax structure and code, sanctuary cities, entitlements? All were addressed but you ignored them

Agreed.

All the GOP needed was a candidate like Kasich, Rubio, or Gingrich to win the primary, and they would be literally a shoe-in at this point. She is a very weak candidate, and comes with enormous amounts of baggage. But the train wreck that is Donald Trump has put the American voter into a rather cut-and-dry position: the megalomaniac or the stained politician. Let's not forget how the GOP got to this point; pushing the most vitriolic rhetoric as a cornerstone of their platform. The GOP is so enraged, and so full of anger, that only a Trump nomination would appease. Sadly, this could mean an end to the two-party balance.

IMO, in order for the GOP to have a meaningful impact going forward, they will have to abandon the anti-LGBT, anti-abortion, anti-minority, pro-police/prison stances. This new shift toward economic protectionism is just a flash in the pan.

In other words, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and there is no such thing as a silent majority. You actually believe the top issues in this country are LGBT rights, anti minority, and apparently pro police/prison stances? Let's turn the country over to the radical left and destroy the entire country by eliminating laws and having zero personal responsibilities.

It is ok for someone to shoot a police officer in Baton Rouge and have a group destroy Minneapolis or other major cities. it is ok for an illegal to commit a crime, be deported and then come back to this country and murder a citizen. It is ok for a transgender individual now claiming to be a woman to use the women's bathroom. it is ok for someone to become unemployable and remain on the public dole for the rest of their lives?

Liberalism is a sick disease that has gotten way out of hand and the fact that Trump alienates people like you is just fine with me and makes my support stronger.

You actually believe the top issues in this country are LGBT rights, anti minority, and apparently pro police/prison stances?

No, i believe that this stance has stifled the Republican base. You can't claim to be the party of freedom and choice, while holding so many policies that are restrictive. The GOP has become the party of hypocrisy.

No, i believe that this stance has stifled the Republican base. You can't claim to be the party of freedom and choice, while holding so many policies that are restrictive. The GOP has become the party of hypocrisy.

Stifled the base? There is no justification for the rioting and killing police officers, for sanctuary cities, and loss of personal responsibility expecting the govt. to bail you out of poor choices, for massive entitlements and spending, for destruction of family values. It is the leftwing whackos that have taken over the Democrat party and my hope is that there are enough in this country that see that. That is why I love living in TX

Stifled the base? There is no justification for the rioting and killing police officers, for sanctuary cities, and loss of personal responsibility expecting the govt. to bail you out of poor choices, for massive entitlements and spending, for destruction of family values. It is the leftwing whackos that have taken over the Democrat party and my hope is that there are enough in this country that see that. That is why I love living in TX

Your ideologies grip on politics is over. The base will be dead in 30 years, and the shift in demographics alone will push the country more to the left. The Donald as the face of the GOP is just the beginning of the end.

See ya! :2wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom