• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump attacks likely House Intelligence chair as 'little Adam Schitt' on Twitter

Interesting. So is this Trump's version of improving the political discourse in this country?

:thinking

From CNN

Trump attacks likely House Intelligence chair as 'little Adam Schitt' on Twitter

(CNN)President Donald Trump disparaged Rep. Adam Schiff in a profane tweet Sunday, misspelling his name "Schitt" and accusing the likely incoming House Intelligence chairman of baselessly criticizing the appointment of acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker.

"So funny to see little Adam Schitt (D-CA) talking about the fact that Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker was not approved by the Senate, but not mentioning the fact that Bob Mueller (who is highly conflicted) was not approved by the Senate!" Trump wrote.

Special counsel Robert Mueller was appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and like many other Department of Justice appointees, he did not require Senate confirmation for the position.

COMMENT:-

And the first post saying that Mr. Trump "only had a finger fumble" will come in - how long?

Welcome to "The New Civility In Politics".

Seems like a fitting nickname for him.

:lamo

Truth hurts.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Yes, the obvious "truth" that trump is clueless as to presidential dignity and decorum is hurting our Nation at home and abroad.

And the same can be said for cons talking about Obama right

But we have not seen a president as far as I can remember resort to petty name calling in public
What about....
What about...
What about...

Look LT, you're right in a sense...in the past, Republican presidents have typically rolled over and took it. Which gave liberals the false sense that they were in charge even when they were not...I think it's refreshing to see someone fight back. It proves that libs can't take what they dish out.

And do you think that is the usual or is it the exception?

I know lots and lots and lots of teachers all over the state of Michigan and I can tell you that no such program exists anywhere in this state that I ever heard of and I attended many state (and national conventions). This New York thing seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
Why? Because YOU say so based on anecdotal blather? Sure bud....

Why? Because YOU say so based on anecdotal blather? Sure bud....

No - because I have vast experience in the actual field and knowledge of many many school districts and the entire process.

You - on the on her hand - do not have what I do. But you do have your beliefs. And for right wing conservatives , that is all they ever need.

That's usually what happens at the end of a populist lifecycle. The smart folks get less lazy, retake control of the society they built, and the sad, angry, little people go back under their rocks until another jackass needs their support and they get to feel validated and important again. :shrug: That's not arrogance, that's history. Nothing new under the sun, bud. ;)

In the mean time, the entirety of western civilization is being torn in 2. I have a bad feeling about the next few years Nate.

Nonsense.

Quite right.

Everyone knows that Mr. Trump is the most respected statesman in the whole world and that all of the other world leaders wait with baited breath to hear the pearls of wisdom and sage counsel that fall from his lips when he speaks.

Re Nationalism
I agree it is on the upswing, and given world wide past history with nationalism, that is not something anyone should be very happy to see on the upswing. Especially if it moves towards ethno-nationalism. That can rip nations apart, and lead to atrocities in many countries

It's already ripping nations apart, and I don't see it getting better any day soon.
Macron is under siege in France. Merkel has stated she's not gonna run again. Italy has closed its borders to migrants. London is quickly becoming a ****-hole. And the USA is in the midst of a partisan battle that needs only a small nudge to descend to civil war. What I'm saying is, it's time for these libbies to actually exhibit this superior intellect they claim they have, understand fully what is happening and why, and then work WITH the Nationalists in order to temper and help direct this unstoppable force towards "peaceful Nationalism". As an example...check out who's sharing power in Italy.

Your mamma.

:lol:

Calm down, I'm playin.

Or I'm calling Southern Alberta a Mecca of conservative hillbilly-ism, who's political views put them at odds with the majority of Canadians, thus allowing me to throw a jab that they aren't really Canadians at all, thus negating your y'all as unCanadian.

Or I'm talking about your mama.

Pick whichever one will produce the most exciting, entertaining response. ;)

My Momma's a saint. She's put up with my Father all these years, and raised my brother and I without loosing her marbles.

Southern Alberta is an interesting place alright. Punching people in the head is a sport to many of them.
However this is the "diversity" that the PC people love to howl about. I certainly hope there's room in the "diversity" love, for white country folk?

In the mean time, the entirety of western civilization is being torn in 2. I have a bad feeling about the next few years Nate.

Meh...so do I...but then I think of the division during the Vietnam era, and I realize this is just Americans being American. We have our own cycles up here...but you can perhaps understand why I speak out strongly against American style populism in general up here - we don't want their problems, so we'd better not adopt their methodology.

Nonsense.

Yes, the way trump is executing his term as president is AbsaByGodLutely … NONSENSE! To say otherwise and tolerate his behavior is dereliction of duty as a citizen of our Country.

Good for you...
No, there is noting good about being surrounded by morons who think that the democratic process makes ignorance and low intellect equal to education and integrity outside the voting booth.

I have to wonder exactly who the real moron is here...
Of course you do, then again...

And yet, they continue to win.
And you believe it is because they are so smart. It is easy to win when a lot of people vote for you. In this case all it proves is that there are a lot of low intellect, uneducated imbeciles voting.

My Momma's a saint. She's put up with my Father all these years, and raised my brother and I without loosing her marbles.

Southern Alberta is an interesting place alright. Punching people in the head is a sport to many of them.
However this is the "diversity" that the PC people love to howl about. I certainly hope there's room in the "diversity" love, for white country folk?

Oh GAG!!! lol... Good grief, but you do enjoy an element of drama.

Country folk, white or otherwise, are among my favorite folks to have a beer with. And, generally, they have the good sense not to mix said beer with political discussions. Moving back to the country after living in the city for 12 or so years was the best decision I've made.

And I'm sure your mother was a saint. She spawned you, after all... ;) :lol:

Meh...so do I...but then I think of the division during the Vietnam era, and I realize this is just Americans being American. We have our own cycles up here...but you can perhaps understand why I speak out strongly against American style populism in general up here - we don't want their problems, so we'd better not adopt their methodology.

I don't think we could ever have the same issues as them, nor with anything approaching the same intensity.
We are gonna have some right/left issues though.

Oh GAG!!! lol... Good grief, but you do enjoy an element of drama.

Country folk, white or otherwise, are among my favorite folks to have a beer with. And, generally, they have the good sense not to mix said beer with political discussions. Moving back to the country after living in the city for 12 or so years was the best decision I've made.

And I'm sure your mother was a saint. She spawned you, after all... ;) :lol:

:lamo
OK...point for you...

No, there is noting good about being surrounded by morons who think that the democratic process makes ignorance and low intellect equal to education and integrity outside the voting booth.

Of course you do, then again...

And you believe it is because they are so smart. It is easy to win when a lot of people vote for you. In this case all it proves is that there are a lot of low intellect, uneducated imbeciles voting.

On your profile it says your location is "Over the edge..."
Apparently this is true. I often find those who spend allot of time talking down to others, and bragging about themselves, are either very insecure people, or just plain old thick.
I leave it to you to decide which grouping you properly fit into.

I don't think we could ever have the same issues as them, nor with anything approaching the same intensity.
We are gonna have some right/left issues though.

Probably...but as long as we ignore our fringes, and reject the Conservative and NDP parties trying to harness American style division to secure power, you're right, it shouldn't get as bad. But our fringes are growing...I see it on both sides.

Probably...but as long as we ignore our fringes, and reject the Conservative and NDP parties trying to harness American style division to secure power, you're right, it shouldn't get as bad. But our fringes are growing...I see it on both sides.

I don't think our Conservative Party is Nationalist. I do think Sheerer could use some personality though...

No - because I have vast experience in the actual field and knowledge of many many school districts and the entire process.

You - on the on her hand - do not have what I do. But you do have your beliefs. And for right wing conservatives , that is all they ever need.
So you say...but hell it's the internet buddy, you can be anything you want in here, just like mommy told you...No one will ever know the real truth....Hell, I'm the king of Djibouty...didnt you know?

Quite right.

Everyone knows that Mr. Trump is the most respected statesman in the whole world and that all of the other world leaders wait with baited breath to hear the pearls of wisdom and sage counsel that fall from his lips when he speaks.
Never said that...did I ?..

Yes, the way trump is executing his term as president is AbsaByGodLutely … NONSENSE! To say otherwise and tolerate his behavior is dereliction of duty as a citizen of our Country.
I remember a day when you people used to get spitting mad when a charge like that was leveled at you...funny, it ok now for you to do it...tell me what have you done for your country?

Back
Top Bottom