• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transsexualism is superficial?

A tattoo is one thing a lot people later regret in life so you can bet a sex change is like double that.
I have 2 tattoos and I only regret one of them and may have it lasered off next year. It's a military tat and I want it moved. After having it lasered off, I'll have it redone in a better position and with a more skilled artist.

Lets review some facts

Sex =/= gender
transgender =/= sexual orentation
Transgender =/= mental disorder
Transgender =/= to vanity
Transgender=/= mutilation
Transgender =/= chopping part off
Transgender =/= tattoos
Transgender =/= made up

Gender Identity is a real issue and luckily for america its gaining more and more traction in the equal rights department and should catch up with science and facts.

For people actually interested in the topic here are links that can help, happy reading and spread love not hate

First off they’re never actually going to be what they want to be.
What whacky illogical logic... LOL
or supporting my kid becoming one so how could I really support it?
Parents support their kids... ergo: you do not have kids.

Well bullying won’t improve their lives. And it’ll happen where I live and I guarantee that’s not changing. I’m neutral. I won’t bully them. But I feel like it’s really dumb.
So people should hide who they are, their feelings because others will bully them? That seems rather regressive. Why should anyone conform to societal pressure to "fit in" simply because they may get bullied by the ignorant? Wearing glasses when contacts are an alternative could easily get people bullied, but many still choose to wear glasses anyway. Showing you are smart easily gets you bullied in many high schools, but that doesn't mean smart kids/teens should hide their intelligence because others will bully them. We, as a society, should concentrate on stopping the bullies rather than making that an excuse to make others live as something they aren't, in a way that makes them unhappy or worse, hiding themselves.

"Many", huh? Odd I've never heard of single instance of that happening in all my years.
It happens more often than many know about, usually because "many" want to live in denial, close their eyes to learning new things.

Many was certainly used in a more relative to the situation and number of people who transitioned after marriage thing. But it does happen more than people give credit to. These were really part of the first same sex marriages legally recognized in the US. The Government could not null their marriages, entered into as an opposite sex couple, but then one (almost always husband being MtF, I've actually never heard of the opposite, but it certainly may have happened, odds are it happened at least once) transitions legally to the opposite gender.

Transgenderism has little to nothing to do with sexuality. There are heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual transgenders. My sister is a lesbian. She was born male. Her gender identity has nothing to do with who she is attracted to, what sex/gender she wants to be in intimate relationships with. In fact, there have been many middle aged and older couples where the husband came out to the wife as transgender and transitioned, and they remained married, as a same sex couple.

A transwoman in a relationship with a woman is not a same-sex relationship. Your sex does not change when you transition; you are transitioning your gender identity and your appearance.

Likewise your sister (brother) is not a lesbian. Homosexual means same-sex attraction. She is a male attracted to females.

I think it’s only bigotry if it’s something naturally born about them that you dislike and I accept that homosexuality might be something someone is born with. But transsexualism is bull shit.
You don't know it isn't something they are naturally born with, that this isn't something natural about them. You are trying to make that claim that this is taught, something else that develops, just as those against homosexuals have done for centuries.

There are many reasons why it isn't hard to believe that transgenderism is naturally a part of many people, that it is merely something we haven't discovered in their genome. And it is likely from several different causes rather than one or two. I know of at least two different cases where the transgender person was born with a physical reason that made them the gender they saw themselves as, despite being raised as, seen as the opposite gender.

"Many", huh? Odd I've never heard of single instance of that happening in all my years.
That's because you avoid such communities, whereas we are involved with them, directly or indirectly. We are going to see and learn of more than you will.

A transwoman in a relationship with a woman is not a same-sex relationship. Your sex does not change when you transition; you are transitioning your gender identity and your appearance.

Likewise your sister (brother) is not a lesbian. Homosexual means same-sex attraction. She is a male attracted to females.
Legally, it does. Are you unaware that even before same sex marriage became legal, if someone transitioned legally to the opposite sex that they could then marry someone who was of the opposite sex as their current legal sex? So in that case, either way and in both ways, transgender people were part of the first same sex marriages legal in the US.

And yes, my sister is a lesbian. She is a she. She is a woman attracted to other women.

Please stop evading the question and simply answer the question. How is someone else getting gender reassignment surgery outside the acceptable limits of that freedom?

I did not ask you that.

You said:

We're talking about gender reassignment surgery. How does some other person's gender reassignment surgery put anyone at risk, for you to then caution anyone about risk?
You two are actually on the same page. His whole point was that nothing about SRS puts anyone other the the person receiving it at risk of anything.....save maybe butthurt feelings.

A lot of transsexuals believe that if you wouldn’t date them that you’re bigoted. They literally don’t just want to be seen as the opposite sex. They want to be normalized sexually to heterosexuals aswell.
This is not true. Some do feel that way. But many also understand not wanting to or even being able to date them because they are transgender. That doesn't mean that it won't affect them though. It certainly would hurt since it is a type of rejection. But many also understand that there are some people who will date them, who will not allow that to come as a barrier to a good relationship.

It's because they have a very narrow view of what it means to "be a man."

Don't tell them that male subs exist. ;)
Or even *shutter* switch men, who can go back and forth between dominant and submissive .......at will!

Legally, it does. Are you unaware that even before same sex marriage became legal, if someone transitioned legally to the opposite sex that they could then marry someone who was of the opposite sex as their current legal sex? So in that case, either way and in both ways, transgender people were part of the first same sex marriages legal in the US.

And yes, my sister is a lesbian. She is a she. She is a woman attracted to other women.

She's not unless your changing the definition of homosexual to mean someone attracted to the opposite sex. You don't change your biological sex when you change your gender identity.

We all should know that a woman and a man can not conform to their gender roles without having a sex change. It’s not really adding anything to your life except serving this weird ass fantasy you have that you should’ve been born something else.
This is where you are missing the whole basis of what transgenderism is.. And admittedly, it is what makes the whole issue confusing. There are transgender people who maintain many of the "gender roles" of their birth sex. That doesn't stop the issue they have of the GD. Just as there are many cis-men who engage in "female gender roles", so too do many trans men maintain the "female gender roles" they were engaging in. Their gender is a part of who they are, not what they do. But because so many people have this stereotype of what each sex is "supposed" to do, they are stuck on the idea that anyone who doesn't follow these as somehow wrong.

I think it’s only bigotry if it’s something naturally born about them that you dislike and I accept that homosexuality might be something someone is born with. But transsexualism is bull shit.
That was, and still is by many bigots, said about homosexuality as well. What is your evidence that one is natural and the other isn't?

Like telling people they shouldn’t be fat isn’t bigotry. You’re telling them the truth so that they can make better decisions.
Actually it is. There is a presumption that people of larger sizes are unhealthy when many of them are not. That's not to say that many who are of a certain weight and build are not that way due to poor health. But by far it is not even a majority.

She's not unless your changing the definition of homosexual to mean someone attracted to the opposite sex. You don't change your biological sex when you change your gender identity.
Homosexual means someone attracted to the same sex/gender as yourself. If you identify as the same sex/gender as those you are attracted to, then that makes you homosexual. Just like if you identify as the opposite sex/gender as those you are attracted to, that makes you heterosexual. This actually is not a hard concept.

Like everyone else, transgender people have a sexual orientation. Transgender people may be straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer. For example, a person who transitions from male to female and is attracted solely to men would typically identify as a straight woman. A person who transitions from female to male and is attracted solely to men would typically identify as a gay man.

A tattoo is one thing a lot people later regret in life so you can bet a sex change is like double that.
A tattoo is also a thing that a lot of people never regret in life. Some only regret certain ones and not others. There is no denial that people will medically transition when they should not have. It's not like transgenderism isn't the only thing to be misdiagnosed and the solutions taken are the wrong ones. This is especially true if the person in question in self diagnosing for full or even partial SRS. Simply presenting does no harm.

That's because you avoid such communities, whereas we are involved with them, directly or indirectly. We are going to see and learn of more than you will.
Who's 'we'?

I’m a dissident liberal. You just conform with what’s liberal.
You should understand how the lockstep liberals treat dissident liberals. They simply can't have that.

It’s ok if a kid is different or doesn’t conform to expected gender roles but that doesn’t mean you raise them to believe they need a ****ing sex change someday. There’s talk of giving kids a sex change or starting the process when they’re young and it’s just wrong to me. Just because celebrities endorse it on talk shows.
You seem to be mistaking some examples for the whole. SRS very rarely happens prior to 18. Hormone blockers are up in the air, but then again, many area where we are just starting out in, in the medial/psychological field, have false starts. Most parents who accept their children as transgender or non-binary simply let them present as they wish, without trying to force them into any given mold. A child could be simply non-binary, but is swinging the full other way because of the push to be the birth sex instead of who and what they are. Most of the transgender community does have issues with starting kids on the medical path before adulthood, with a closer split on the PB's for a wide variety of reason. Don't mistake far left whacko for the overall left, any more than far right whackos should be mistaken for the overall right.

To a lot of people anything natural about someone is beautiful.
This would include deformities as well. Beauty is a subjective values, therefore there is no standard. There might be a commonly agreed upon opinion for a given snapshot in history. For example, given you mentioning fat earlier, being fat was once considered a beauty sign. As was a singular mole on the face.

Why not just be content with your personality? Guys can behave in ways or believe in things women do without having to mutilate themselves or think they’re the opposite sex.

I agree with that to a point. I can't claim to understand what a trans person goes through before they transition. From what I understand, it's not something immediate that you just decide one day. I have trans friend who was married to a woman for years, served in the military, and now has adult children. I don't pretend to know what her experience was.

A lot of transsexuals believe that if you wouldn’t date them that you’re bigoted. They literally don’t just want to be seen as the opposite sex. They want to be normalized sexually to heterosexuals aswell.
They are not even a majority and they engage in faulty thinking. The very first point they almost always forget is that while someone may be attracted to a given sex or gender, they are not attracted to all of that given sex or gender. There are trans women who are nowhere near attractive to me, and trans women who are. Same can be said for cis women. But in the end each person has a variety of factors that plays into what attracts them. For some genitals are a part of that, whether past or present. That is not bigotry. In fact, the presumption that you should be attracted to someone because they fit one of your factors is the actual bigotry.

Homosexual means someone attracted to the same sex/gender as yourself. If you identify as the same sex/gender as those you are attracted to, then that makes you homosexual. Just like if you identify as the opposite sex/gender as those you are attracted to, that makes you heterosexual. This actually is not a hard concept.

Nope, homosexual means someone attracted to the same sex as yourself. It is homosexuality not homogenderality. Identifying as a female doesn't actually make you a female. I'm sure you love your sister and I hope she's very happy, but she's not a lesbian or gay. She's a heterosexual transwoman.

Back
Top Bottom