• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transsexualism is superficial?

This is a post which evokes Trumpist tactics.
Someone is not in lockstep with the far left so first you deny the reality that the left mantra exists. Then you proceed to tell me my position which is a purposeful false construct in order to express venomous rage at anyone not in lockstep with the tenets of your tribe, the radical left.

It's this kind of behavior that birth Trumpism. Happy with that were you?

Lastly, in your frenzied mind you decided I supported Trump. LOL
All because I am not a left loon. Sad really. You post as your own worse enemy.

When did treating others as equals become the mantra of the non-existent radical left?

You still seem to be angry over the civil rights struggles of the 1960s.

How do you know what they want to be? This isn't as simple as "they all want to be the opposite sex".
Then they aren't transgender. Transgender necessarily means wanting to be the opposite sex.
That is a shallow view of transgendered people. Many are perfectly comfortable simply living and being viewed as the opposite gender as their birth sex, even their current physical sex because in everyday life, we don't show off our genitals to people, and we certainly do not share our DNA profiles.
This doesn't really mean anything.
Second, no one cares if you won't date them.
This isn't true there are plenty of people that care if you don't want to date them.
As for supporting a child who is transgender, that is only going to lead to emotional and mental distress of your child, not actually be productive in any way.
agreed, supporting a child who claims to be transgendered that you don't really know because you have no ability of getting inside of their head, only sets them up to be in a demographic with a 40% suicide rate that is child abuse. I'm not saying actively discourage it, but kind of keep it within reason.
That shows a flaw in your parenting, a huge flaw for any parent to have.
what not wanting to screw up their child for woke points I think it's great when parents fight against this anti science.

First off they’re never actually going to be what they want to be. And secondly I couldn’t see myself dating one or supporting my kid becoming one so how could I really support it? Truth is it’s mutilation to me. I’m agnostic. I’m not Christian. I believe in freedom and if someone really wants to do that to themselves then I guess go for it.

I think it is the absolute opposite of superficial. I think transgenderism is about as deep as one can get.

Gender is a social construct. The way I see it, it has two parts: what you call yourself, and how you present.
I disagree you can put a pink bow in your hair and call yourself petunia but if you're six foot eight and you have 5:00 shadow that's not a social construct.
If a transman refers to himself as a man and presents in a masculine way, then he has effectively filled the gender role of a man, making him a man. While his sex is still female, his gender is male. If he chooses to undergo surgery in order to further present as a man, then that's his business and no one else's.
we don't really have rigid gender roles here at least not that I've observed. In the 1960s perhaps but not really now.
This change of gender is necessary for him because he has gender dysphoria (GD) and the only known treatment for GD is to transition. Why is this so hard for people to understand?
I think trying to fabricate a new enforced gender stereotype is moving backwards. As I said before we don't really have rigid gender roles anymore. And to say that people can switch them necessarily requires that they're rigid. I grew up in the 90s and a man wearing a skirt probably would have raised some eyebrows at the church formal but not really anywhere else.

I think it is the absolute opposite of superficial. I think transgenderism is about as deep as one can get.
Gender is simply how you identify. We used to call people that didn't fit into the norm tomboys and effeminate boys. Now we call them mentally ill I don't understand why.

If it's more than gender meaning they want to sex change. I think you're talking about transsexuals.

The mind as the seat of human gender has been accepted by the medical community for more than 50 years, even before John Money tried to change a person's psychological gender identity in his attempt to answer the question if that idea was created as a result of nature or nurture. Aristaeus can whine and rage at the existence of transgender people to his heart's content but he is tilting at windmills more than 50 years old.

If our sexuality wasn't in our minds with the body supposed to follow then the medical community would not be treating transgendered people the way that they are.

It is obvious that they are focus entirely on trans women because trans guys are always left out of the discussion about trans athletes or gender bathroom laws.

What does sexuality have to do with transgenderism? Do you actually know what sexuality means? Because you mention it a lot in trans threads and it is completely irrelevant.

Transmen don't have a sex-based biological advantage over natal men, so transmen competing in men's sports doesn't create any fairness issues and I don't have a problem with that. I don't rage at the existence of trans people; I do take issue at the staggering dismissive attitude towards science and language that has resulted from taking a catchy slogan - transwomen are women, and turning it into a claim of biological literalness.

Gender is simply how you identify. We used to call people that didn't fit into the norm tomboys and effeminate boys. Now we call them mentally ill I don't understand why.

If it's more than gender meaning they want to sex change. I think you're talking about transsexuals.

Well there are transgender people who are transsexual, but they too are transgender. They just want to take it all the way.

6MjOhqZ.gif

Cultural appropriation.

Well there are transgender people who are transsexual, but they too are transgender. They just want to take it all the way.
Right. Some man saying that he's a woman and putting on women's clothes so that's superficial. That's transgenderism now.

if you accept the body as a vehicle then why not modify it? with that said i am totally against the experiments being done on kids with hormones...it is the role of a parent to guide a child...most kids at some time will want to be the other sex...i do not think surgery on minors should happen...a child's mind is a fluid thing..changing many times over their impressionable lives...no permanent changes till they are of age to make that decision and pay for it.

Right. Some man saying that he's a woman and putting on women's clothes so that's superficial. That's transgenderism now.

No, that is drag, that is often superficial. If you are transgender it is not just putting on women's or men's clothes but living like that identity forever.

No, that is drag,
drag is a performance you mean to say that's cross-dressing. The only difference between cross-dressing and transgenderism is identity.
that is often superficial. If you are transgender it is not just putting on women's or men's clothes but living like that identity forever.
well I would agree it's more superficial than that you don't have to put on clothes. It's just saying that you're the opposite sex. And it isn't living in that identity forever. You can bounce back and forth as the moods hits you. It's called being gender fluid.

It's far more superficial than cross-dressing.

3 questions:

Is the person below a lesbian (assuming they are attracted to women)?
Is this person a woman?
What do you think most lesbian's reactions would be if they were told this person was a lesbian?

1618223506794.png

Something to keep in mind is that transsexual is the word that used to describe what is now called transgender. But it was felt that it was insulative and not accurate. So transgender was coined to to be the label. Transsexual now is slowly being used to apply to those transgender people who actually get the full SRS.

if you accept the body as a vehicle then why not modify it? with that said i am totally against the experiments being done on kids with hormones...it is the role of a parent to guide a child...most kids at some time will want to be the other sex...i do not think surgery on minors should happen...a child's mind is a fluid thing..changing many times over their impressionable lives...no permanent changes till they are of age to make that decision and pay for it.
Any SRS types surgeries on underage minors is pretty much a myth. Hormones for transitioning also is a rare thing, but some late teens (16 or 17) are getting it, IIRC. Hormone blockers on the other hand is supposedly not permanent. There is still some debate in the medical community over that, as I understand it. Most of what is happening with children is allowing them to present themselves as their gender instead of their sex. And in some cases, yes they either stop claiming to be transgender and go back to the stereotypical gender presentations or stop the claim, but continue with how they were presenting as their own gender presentation.

What he's saying is you cannot change DNA, your genes, your biology. You are a guy, you cannot become a girl. All the surgery and hormones don't change you.
Ever heard of Chimerism? AIS? CAD? Being Intersexed? Did you know that not all intersex situations are obvious? Some people have both XX and XY DNA in their bodies.

Do you have everyone's DNA profiles? Do you see the average person's genitalia upon meeting them?

And I'm actual a cisgender woman, not a guy, neither in anatomy nor in gender identification.

3 questions:

Is the person below a lesbian (assuming they are attracted to women)?
Is this person a woman?
What do you think most lesbian's reactions would be if they were told this person was a lesbian?

View attachment 67328108
I'm just going to address this "women's toilets" thing because transphobes always make it seem like it's about protecting ciswomen from transwomen.

You do realize ciswomen are also capable of rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment, right?
You do realize most rape is done by people you know and not random people in the bathroom, right?
You do realize that a women's bathroom =/= a locker room, and women aren't getting naked free for anyone who walks in to see, right?
You do realize laws against transwomen using the women's bathroom would be impossible to enforce, right?
You do realize that there are butch ciswomen who look as masculine as the person in the picture, right?
You do realize the majority of women are okay with transwomen using the women's bathroom, right?

Ever heard of Chimerism? AIS? CAD? Being Intersexed? Did you know that not all intersex situations are obvious? Some people have both XX and XY DNA in their bodies.

Do you have everyone's DNA profiles? Do you see the average person's genitalia upon meeting them?

And I'm actual a cisgender woman, not a guy, neither in anatomy nor in gender identification.
As far as you know, right? Hell I could have any of those conditions, but I never have had any issues that necessitated have my DNA check for them. Many people who are intersexed never know they are. It's discovered after death if an autopsy is done. Chimerism is even less detected since a DNA same is usually only taken from one spot.

I'll link to a paper and an article someone gave me on the potential commonness of Chimerism. His models show that it should be about as common as homosexuality and transgenderism.

I'm just going to address this "women's toilets" thing because transphobes always make it seem like it's about protecting ciswomen from transwomen.

1) You do realize ciswomen are also capable of rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment, right?
2) You do realize most rape is done by people you know and not random people in the bathroom, right?
3) You do realize that a women's bathroom =/= a locker room, and women aren't getting naked free for anyone who walks in to see, right?
You do realize laws against transwomen using the women's bathroom would be impossible to enforce, right?
4) You do realize that there are butch ciswomen who look as masculine as the person in the picture, right?
5) You do realize the majority of women are okay with transwomen using the women's bathroom, right?

1) I'm not sure the argument that because some women assault other women then we might as well allow men into women's changing spaces is a good argument.
2) Most child sex assault is done by people they know, but we don't allow men to join scout sleepovers.
3) But women are getting undressed in locker rooms, as are young girls just starting puberty and who are very self-conscious about their bodies, and may not want to get undressed in front of someone who is clearly male and has a penis.
4) butch women are women. Transwomen are not women. I don't have an issue with transwomen who have genital reassignment surgery from using women's changing rooms.
5) Given that a woman who says she's not okay with transwomen using the bathroom is at risk of losing her job or receiving rape and death threats, it would be sensible for them to say they are okay with it, regardless of their true feelings. Bathrooms are not even the major issue, communal changing rooms create more problems than bathrooms.

1) I'm not sure the argument that because some women assault other women then we might as well allow men into women's changing spaces is a good argument.
2) Most child sex assault is done by people they know, but we don't allow men to join scout sleepovers.
3) But women are getting undressed in locker rooms, as are young girls just starting puberty and who are very self-conscious about their bodies, and may not want to get undressed in front of someone who is clearly male and has a penis.
4) butch women are women. Transwomen are not women. I don't have an issue with transwomen who have genital reassignment surgery from using women's changing rooms.
5) Given that a woman who says she's not okay with transwomen using the bathroom is at risk of losing her job or receiving rape and death threats, it would be sensible for them to say they are okay with it, regardless of their true feelings. Bathrooms are not even the major issue, communal changing rooms create more problems than bathrooms.
When my boys were in scouts, we went camping and everyone was able to go, all parents, male and female.

It is very likely that many young women don't want to get undressed in front of other girls or even older women. That is why it would be a good idea to rethink changing/locker rooms altogether, to give more privacy period.

Butch women cannot be seen as women unless they are undressed though, that is the point. You can't really tell if they are women unless they show you their parts. I knew a woman who worked as a cable field tech (one of my trainers) who looked very masculine. She told me that she had a couple of times where other women would confront her about why she was in the women's restroom because she looked male and held a pretty masculine job.

And how many people go into communal changing rooms on a regular basis? How common is that? Besides high school or gyms, it isn't common and most of those have private areas to change. I've never been in a changing room like that where there wasn't private stalls designated, changing rooms or spaces for those who didn't want everyone to see them naked and they didn't have to see others naked.

The point is that no matter the sex, anyone can be a sexual predator.
Any person you'd be allowing to join would have to be a man you know/trust, as we don't let strangers around our kids. But the person being someone you know makes them more likely to be a perpetrator of sexual violence towards you/your kids then someone you don't. It's a paradox.
Then we should do away with completely open locker rooms like that and instead introduce locker rooms changing stalls so that anyone who wants privacy can have that privacy and not be forced by, for example, schools, to get naked in front of other people.
Butch women are women, but you can't tell the difference between a butch ciswoman, a transwoman, and a cisman. So how would we enforce a bathroom policy like that?
5) Given that a woman who says she's not okay with transwomen using the bathroom is at risk of losing her job or receiving rape and death threats, it would be sensible for them to say they are okay with it, regardless of their true feelings. Bathrooms are not even the major issue, communal changing rooms create more problems than bathrooms
This was an online poll. Information about participants isn't public. None of the participants had any reason to feel pressured into giving a certain answer.

3 questions:

1.) Is the person below a lesbian (assuming they are attracted to women)?
2.) Is this person a woman?
3.) What do you think most lesbian's reactions would be if they were told this person was a lesbian?

View attachment 67328108

1.) can't answer that from a picture
2.) can't answer that from a picture
3.) "reactions"??? if they are a normal INDIVIDUAL, educated, honest and objective not irrational my guess is they would say . ."ok ? why are you showing me and telling me this? LOL
Do you know any lesbians? I know a ton and they are just like everybody else, i can;t imagaine one of them caring LMAO

like I said your clima is asinine

1.) can't answer that from a picture
2.) can't answer that from a picture
3.) "reactions"??? if they are a normal INDIVIDUAL, educated, honest and objective not irrational my guess is they would say . ."ok ? why are you showing me and telling me this? LOL
Do you know any lesbians? I know a ton and they are just like everybody else, i can;t imagaine one of them caring LMAO

like I said your clima is asinine

Sorry, are you seriously saying that the person in the picture might be a lesbian?

Is it really irrational to think heterosexual males are not lesbians? Maybe you think they can be, and you're entitled to hold that opinion, but don't be surprised by people who disagree.

1.) Sorry, are you seriously saying that the person in the picture might be a lesbian?
2.) Is it really irrational to think heterosexual males are not lesbians? Maybe you think they can be, and you're entitled to hold that opinion, but don't be surprised by people who disagree.

1.) not me, facts say that they MIGHT be
2.) the discussion is how nutty your claim of homophobic was and your statement that it would be trampling over gay and lesbian culture and heritage was as many posters pointed out 😂

Back
Top Bottom