• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transsexualism is superficial?

I bow before your superior Google-Fu. I have never been able to find such. Admittedly, I wasn't looking too hard. There are some other priorities in my life. Thank you. I look forward to reading these.

SO in skimming over these, particularly the paper and not the article (both by the same person for readers who didn't follow the links), it seems that Hanley is taking data and making predictions based upon what we know now, and not any actual studies on how many, if any, transgenders and homo/bisexuals are macrochimeric. He seems to be following the same ideas that I formed on my own when I had learned about human chimeras several years ago. What I found the most interesting was how the different parts of the body are formed by different parts of the initial zygote/blastocyst. If that pans out it puts all of this in a whole new perspective. For some at least, yes they were born this way. So I would definitely like to see some practical studies on this. It also explains why I didn't find this at first. Weak searching skills to start, but I was looking for the studies, and these were not actual studies.

You cant raise a kid to be trans if they are not for long. Dr. Money’s failure demonstrates that.
It is impossible to raise a child to be transgdered any more than it is to raise a child to be autistic or be blind. They are either born trans or they are not, just as people are born gay/lesbian or bi, or they are born heterosexual. These gender characteristics are innate at both and the best thing the p[arent can do is to make sure if the child shows re expresses trans feelings is to see that they get the care that they need to grow up happy and confident instead of disciplining them for those feelings and trying to force them to repress them.

This study is proof of that.

Background
Transgender women (TGW) in the U.S. experience high rates of stigma, depression, and elevated rates of suicide. This study examined correlates of suicidal ideation and estimated the conditional indirect effects of perceived stigma and psychosocial mediators on suicidal ideation.
Methods
Using a cross-sectional study design, TGW (N = 92) were recruited through snowball sampling in Atlanta, Georgia. Structured interviews were conducted. Suicidal ideation was assessed by combining two variables that measured suicidal thoughts. Logistic regression models were performed to identify the potential risk and protective factors for suicidal ideation. We examined hypothesized psychosocial factors, including anxiety, depression, psychosocial impact of gender minority status, and substance use behaviors as potential mediators for the relationship between perceived stigma and suicidal ideation. All models were controlled for age, race, education, and homelessness.
Results
Suicidal ideation was reported by 33% (N = 30) of the study participants. In multivariable analysis, suicidal ideation was associated with sexual abuse (AOR = 3.17, 95% CI = 1.10–9.30), anxiety (AOR = 1.74, 95% CI = 1.10–2.73), family verbal abuse (AOR = 2.99, 95% CI = 1.10–8.40), stranger verbal abuse (AOR = 3.21, 95% CI = 1.02–10.08), and psychosocial impact of gender minority status (AOR = 3.42, 95% CI = 1.81–6.46). Partner support was found to be the protective factor for suicidal ideation (AOR = 0.34, 95% CI = 0.13–0.90). In the mediation analysis, the psychosocial impact of gender minority status mediated the relationship between perceived stigma and suicidal ideation. The estimated conditional indirect effect was 0.46, (95% CI = 0.12–1.11).
Conclusion
Interventions that aim to reduce suicidal behaviors among TGW should address stigma, psychosocial impact of gender minority status, and different forms of violence and abuse.

Do you have any idea how homophobic it is to say a male who is attracted to a female can call themselves a lesbian. Are we just trampling over gay and lesbian culture and heritage now?

6MjOhqZ.gif

I'd like for him to explain how that tramples over gay and lesbian culture or heritage? This is a new level of ignorance and he has started to tunnel.

I'd like for him to explain how that tramples over gay and lesbian culture or heritage? This is a new level of ignorance and he has started to tunnel.
Im confident its just a failed and very poorly thought out gaslighting attempt lol

Im confident its just a failed and very poorly thought out gaslighting attempt lol
The mind as the seat of human gender has been accepted by the medical community for more than 50 years, even before John Money tried to change a person's psychological gender identity in his attempt to answer the question if that idea was created as a result of nature or nurture. Aristaeus can whine and rage at the existence of transgender people to his heart's content but he is tilting at windmills more than 50 years old.

If our sexuality wasn't in our minds with the body supposed to follow then the medical community would not be treating transgendered people the way that they are.

It is obvious that they are focus entirely on trans women because trans guys are always left out of the discussion about trans athletes or gender bathroom laws.

Strange reply for you, I generally get better.

since its subjective
see the subjective and the huge hypocrisy now?

We regulate all kinds of things where subjectivity like this comes into play.
The answer here is easy, a doctor must certify what is medically necessary.
Guidelines on what is medically necessary already exist.
This is not bias.

what? poor? medical schools?

WTF? How on earth could you interpret what I said like this?
We should not be wasting medical schools on non medically necessary majors. there are too few spots that should be used to increase other specialties that will save lives.

Like I said, I was surprised to get a post as rude, taunting and arrogant from you like this. I could very well respond in kind but I won't, I'll consider it a anomaly.

Peace

I'd like for him to explain how that tramples over gay and lesbian culture or heritage?

We have gay history in the schools and gay month in the future do we?
when does the madness stop?

They might say they’re a woman on the inside. But what does that even ****ing mean?

It means they have the same natural preferences and yearning that we typically identify as women having. Women do not have the same wiring as men. So a trans can have the mental wiring of a female and the body of a male.
When this physically happens, a intersex person is born, we do not claim that he does exist. Why do claim it does not exist when it happens when the mind and body in conflict?

We can add a transgendered week at the end of gay month if that makes you feel better?

Is gay week teaching people to be gay or does it merely destigmatize gay people and showing them in a positive light, which is likely very offensive to conservatives?

1.) Strange reply for you, I generally get better.
2.) We regulate all kinds of things where subjectivity like this comes into play.
3.) The answer here is easy, a doctor must certify what is medically necessary. Guidelines on what is medically necessary already exist.
4.) This is not bias.
5.) WTF? How on earth could you interpret what I said like this?
6.) We should not be wasting medical schools on non medically necessary majors. there are too few spots that should be used to increase other specialties that will save lives.
7.) Like I said, I was surprised to get a post as rude, taunting and arrogant from you like this. I could very well respond in kind but I won't, I'll consider it a anomaly.

Peace

1.) why to start out with a deflection that wont help what you said at all and the hypcosrisy and biased in it
2.) who is talking about regulations? YOU called something vain based on YOUR subjective judgment and said you could not respect people based on it

im asking why/how you could possibly know its actually vain. So what you said is meaningless to the hypocrisy of your statement.

3.) Awesome then my example holds fine about judging somebody for going to the gym, should respect not be given to them? or is that magically different?
4.) correct THAT is not biased, but your statements were in fact bias though, HUGE difference
5.) I didn't interp anything LMAO why lie? you said that nonsense that has NOTHING to do with the actual topic, you brought all that up
i was asking . . hence the question marks . LOL

6.) wasting according to who and what facts? thats what makes it so nonsensical
7.) you can call me calling out the biased and hypocrisy in your post whatever you like it doesn't change anything

Ill ask my questions AGAIN
1.) what if i think its just cause you are vain, or you are overdoing it past healthy and its vain . . my point is since its subjective what would make my feelings on it any better or worse than yours?
2.) you think that because you are biased on the topic but you proved my point PERFECTLY. you instantly changed it to healthy. .to how YOU view it.
when others getting surgery may not be doing it for VAIN reason at all but to you, that doesnt matter . . see the subjective and the huge hypocrisy now?
even if you dont its still there 🤷‍♂️

gay history? Gay month in the future? Madness?

what on gods green heart are you talking about? LOL

Is gay week teaching people to be gay or does it merely destigmatize gay people and showing them in a positive light, which is likely very offensive to conservatives?

I am just sick to death of everyone and thing being shoved in my face.

im asking why/how you could possibly know its actually vain.

I answered this. Read my post again.

Your post is hostile, ill-educated and insistent of fallacy.

Go find another, "mark" to harass like this.

Peace

I am just sick to death of everyone and thing being shoved in my face.
What is being shoved in your face and how it is being shoved in your face? Is the fact that transgendered people exist as equals to you problematic to you? Is that a problem for you to treat others as you want to be treated? If that is a problem then you have a much deeper problem than just trans people. Life isn't just about you and your wants. You are a member of a very interdependent society of equals and are expected to treat others as you want them to treat you.

What is being shoved in your face and how it is being shoved in your face? Is the fact that transgendered people exist as equals to you problematic to you? Is that a problem for you to treat others as you want to be treated? If that is a problem then you have a much deeper problem than just trans people. Life isn't just about you and your wants. You are a member of a very interdependent society of equals and are expected to treat others as you want them to treat you.

You are too busy stereotyping to understand. I am fine with trans folks, I'd date a trans women in a heartbeat.
I am not against their rights, they are the same as mine as it should be.

The world is black and white as you have just insisted. I am just sick of all this shit being shoved in my face, as I said.

I answered this. Read my post again.

Your post is hostile, ill-educated and insistent of fallacy.

Go find another, "mark" to harass like this.

Peace
LMAO posting lies won't, no . . you didnt.
you in fact, DODGED it LMAO

here's your statement
What I think is "just not right" is cosmetic surgery that is for vanity. I can respect folks who undergo reassignment surgery, I cannot respect folks who undergo vanity cosmetic surgery.

my questions AGAIN
- vanity is subjective though, so how could you base "respect" off of that? How would you know?
- could a person say the same about you because you worked out and exercised?
my point is since its subjective what would make my feelings on it any better or worse than yours?

when others get surgery they may not be doing it for VAIN reason at all but to you, that doesnt matter . . see the subjectivity and the huge hypocrisy now?

We should not be wasting medical schools on non medically necessary majors. there are too few spots that should be used to increase other specialties that will save lives.

Wasting it according to who and what facts?

You are too busy stereotyping to understand. I am fine with trans folks, I'd date a trans women in a heartbeat.
I am not against their rights, they are the same as mine as it should be.

The world is black and white as you have just insisted. I am just sick of all this shit being shoved in my face, as I said.
What is being shoved in your face and how it is being shoved in your face?

Nobody forced you to respond to this thread.

The world is not black and white, and I never said that it was.

What is being shoved in your face and how it is being shoved in your face?

Nobody forced you to respond to this thread.

The world is not black and white, and I never said that it was.

My post should have read, "the world is NOT black and white." You expressed a black and white view of it by stating that I was a radical right because I was not repeating the far left mantra.

You cannot live in 2021 America and avoid women's this, blacks that, trans this, outreach that...
This and electing a black man President is what got us Trump. If I, as a social liberal am sick of it, then maybe, just maybe, enough is enough.

How do you know what they want to be? This isn't as simple as "they all want to be the opposite sex". That is a shallow view of transgendered people. Many are perfectly comfortable simply living and being viewed as the opposite gender as their birth sex, even their current physical sex because in everyday life, we don't show off our genitals to people, and we certainly do not share our DNA profiles.

Second, no one cares if you won't date them. As for supporting a child who is transgender, that is only going to lead to emotional and mental distress of your child, not actually be productive in any way. That shows a flaw in your parenting, a huge flaw for any parent to have.
What he's saying is you cannot change DNA, your genes, your biology. You are a guy, you cannot become a girl. All the surgery and hormones don't change you.

My post should have read, "the world is NOT black and white." You expressed a black and white view of it by stating that I was a radical right because I was not repeating the far left mantra.

You cannot live in 2021 America and avoid women's this, blacks that, trans this, outreach that...
This and electing a black man President is what got us Trump. If I, as a social liberal am sick of it, then maybe, just maybe, enough is enough.

There is no left mantra. You oppose equal rights.

You have a problem with other people fighting to be treated as equals as white heterosexual CIS males. We understand that.

Thank you for admitting that Donald Trump was elected by bigots as a way to turn back the clock to the 1950s when only white men had power and everyone else was treated as second class, but we already knew that he appealed to bigots, racists, homophobes, transphobes, and xenophobes.

You are not a social liberal. You're trying to rationalize your bigotry by claiming that there are still some people who are more bigoted than you are, but you are not a liberal because if you were you would not have supported Donald Trump or his agenda of hate and ignorance.

What he's saying is you cannot change DNA, your genes, your biology. You are a guy, you cannot become a girl. All the surgery and hormones don't change you.
Do you ask to see their genes, chromosomes, and DNA when you meet someone so you can determine what their gender is? Or do you determine the gender of others by how they dress and act as most people do?

How would you treat transgendered people if you know more than the medical community and have a better solution than hormones and surgery to align a person's physical gender with their psychological gender identity?

Last edited:
You oppose equal rights.

This is a post which evokes Trumpist tactics.
Someone is not in lockstep with the far left so first you deny the reality that the left mantra exists. Then you proceed to tell me my position which is a purposeful false construct in order to express venomous rage at anyone not in lockstep with the tenets of your tribe, the radical left.

It's this kind of behavior that birth Trumpism. Happy with that were you?

Lastly, in your frenzied mind you decided I supported Trump. LOL
All because I am not a left loon. Sad really. You post as your own worse enemy.

Back
Top Bottom