• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This is why we Profile

He did profile him. He was black like the robbers. He was a ****ing punk.

He was a stranger in a gated community and did not go somewhere directly.

He was profiled, just like we profiled criminals all the time. It's what you do. That does not mean it was racially motivated. Really we don't know for certain so your guess is no better than mine.

It can also be unhealthy. I know firsthand. I do it all the time because I survived an attack, and I have PTSD.

I didn't get into the situation by failing to look out for myself either. There is just a difference between promoting safety and promoting unreasonable fear of certain people.

Judgments made on the fly for ones safety do not work on judging peoples character. If you are making a judgment call if so and so stranger is safe the chances are you are going by appearances and your feelings. Profiling is part of our nature and at some point people have to realize that.

Because it represents a terrible misconception of how statistics works. Namely conflating correlation with causation and being intellectually lazy.

then explain what im i doing wrong what am i not seeing with the statistic that blacks are 13% of the population but makes up 50% of the violent crimes.

then explain what im i doing wrong what am i not seeing with the statistic that blacks are 13% of the population but makes up 50% of the violent crimes.

There is so much more to it than that as I explained.

This thread conversation reminds me of a movie..."Crash," starring Don Cheadle as a LAPD detective. He had a little brother played by Larenz Tate.

Larenz's character had a partner played by Ludicris. They start the film with a lenghty commentary about racial profiling and unfair assumptions that if you see a couple of young black males they must be up to no good....then they car-jack a white couple.

Here's the clip on Youtube: Crash (1/9) Movie CLIP - Car Jacking (2004) HD - YouTube

It's not "racism" if someone points out a fact.

Regardless of the underlying causes, which are a whole issue unto themselves, the sad point remains more than half of all violent crimes are perpetrated by Black males. Discussing how we can go about trying to change this is worthy of another thread. Anyone want to start one?

So if she were afraid to approach black people her kid would be alive? If she were too afraid to get in a car and drive, her baby would never die in a car crash either.

The mother survived a violent crime. Teaching her to fear black people isn't going to help her, and I am damn sure she was a good mother and did everything she could to protect her baby.

because you don't have the time or the means to do so when your walking down the street and see some one that you should wonder if it is safe to continue to walk towards. you use you common since at the time to decide. you use your past experience and what you know. it is called profiling it is human and animal nature it is what keeps you safe it keeps you alive

did that mother of the baby that was shot have the time or the means to figure out the character of those black teenagers before they shot her and her baby
she found out their character all right but by doing so it cost the life of her baby

I already explained it. You are conflating correlation with causation.

You're nitpicking and whining about every little thing in multiple directions, I can't talk like this, just stop.

Because you can't talk on this matter without making up assumptions of what others in this thread are saying to fill in the blanks to fit your own narrative.

I will not stop.... YOU will stop making assumptions.

Where did he say that he was black like the robbers and this was the basis of his reason for looking into him?

The OP is clearly trying to demonstrate that statistically blacks are significantly more likely to commit crime. The implication of this, the next question, is why? The two choices are nature and nurture.
No that is not the next question unless you are attempting to solve the problem.
In this case it is about what to do with those statistics for crime prevention.
And that is profile based on statistics.

Because it represents a terrible misconception of how statistics works. Namely conflating correlation with causation and being intellectually lazy.
If the stats are accurate ...
Trying to solve an issue by discovering causation, has nothing to do with using the stats now to prevent crime.

So if she were afraid to approach black people her kid would be alive? If she were too afraid to get in a car and drive, her baby would never die in a car crash either.

The mother survived a violent crime. Teaching her to fear black people isn't going to help her, and I am damn sure she was a good mother and did everything she could to protect her baby.

would it have helped her by seeing to black teenage males and knowing that 50% of violent crimes are committed by black males and to stay away or should she just ignore that stat and walk up to them

Because you can't talk on this matter without making up assumptions of what others in this thread are saying to fill in the blanks to fit your own narrative.

I will not stop.... YOU will stop making assumptions.

I'm trying to have a discussion, you're trying to be right and make hay over every little thing. Why not stick to the original issue instead of flying off on a tangent as you nitpick every little thing as a crutch for argument? I can do this too you know, anyone can. Watch...

I'm not filling in the blanks I'm merely suggesting options that are logical implications based on the original set of circumstances. It is YOU that are assuming that I was attacking or insisting that anything was wrong with the OP or with making racist remarks.

Notice how what I said is just useless argument for the sake of argument? Stop it, stop now.

Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged - CNN.com

View attachment 67150353

every day are over America we have stories just like this and using crime statistics Blacks are just 13 percent of the population but they commit more than half the muggings and murders in the country. So why shouldn't they be profiled why shouldn't we be suspicious of Black males it is a survival instinct Maybe if that mother profiled and crossed the street once she saw those black youths her baby will be alive today

so someone give me an argument we shouldn't we profile why shouldn't we be suspicious of black male youths and dont hand me any PC crap I rather offend someone and be alive

If they begin profiling for dumbassedness you aren't going to be on the street long. That's the bottom line.

I'm trying to have a discussion, you're trying to be right and make hay over every little thing. Why not stick to the original issue instead of flying off on a tangent as you nitpick every little thing as a crutch for argument? I can do this too you know, anyone can. Watch...

I'm not filling in the blanks I'm merely suggesting options that are logical implications based on the original set of circumstances. It is YOU that are assuming that I was attacking or insisting that anything was wrong with the OP or with making racist remarks.

Notice how what I said is just useless argument for the sake of argument? Stop it, stop now.

We can continue on with this discussion if you wish...... but I will be pointing out useless assumptions made about other posters intent.
Or about my own lifestyle as you already tried to do.. lol

So now we should avoid walking next to and near black people. How many black has she walked past her entire life before this happened.

I walk past black people everyday. 50 percent of the time I go to work, my black coworkers don't commit a crime against me. The MCdonalds I go too is majority black and minorities. I went there today for coffee, and the girl didn't rob be through the drive through window.

I am not afraid of black people.

would it have helped her by seeing to black teenage males and knowing that 50% of violent crimes are committed by black males and to stay away or should she just ignore that stat and walk up to them

View attachment 67150353

every day are over America we have stories just like this and using crime statistics Blacks are just 13 percent of the population but they commit more than half the muggings and murders in the country. So why shouldn't they be profiled why shouldn't we be suspicious of Black males it is a survival instinct Maybe if that mother profiled and crossed the street once she saw those black youths her baby will be alive today

so someone give me an argument we shouldn't we profile why shouldn't we be suspicious of black male youths and dont hand me any PC crap I rather offend someone and be alive
I have no problem with private citizens profiling, if you don't feel comfortable being around blacks or any ethnicity you should steer clear of them, i know i would. I do have a problem with the police or any other agency of authority using skin color, unless they have description, as a means to an end.

I have no problem with private citizens profiling, if you don't feel comfortable being around blacks or any ethnicity you should steer clear of them, i know i would. I do have a problem with the police or any other agency of authority using skin color, unless they have description, as a means to an end.

I steer clear of people who want to "walk like a duck" so to speak.

If you want to wear your pants down by your knees, fake gold teeth in your mouth, dirty ass hair, sliding down the street talking in some foreign version of English with a swear word every three syllables with a rolled up joint stuck behind your ear and yellowish red eyes....... regardless of the color of your skin..... Im stay the **** away from you because you LOOK like a god damned thug.

If you want to wear your pants down by your knees, fake gold teeth in your mouth, dirty ass hair, sliding down the street talking in some foreign version of English with a swear word every three syllables with a rolled up joint stuck behind your ear and yellowish red eyes....... regardless of the color of your skin..... Im stay the **** away from you because you LOOK like a god damned thug.

Fine, stay away but you can't shoot them just because YOU don't like the way they look.

Fine, stay away but you can't shoot them just because YOU don't like the way they look.

Why are you making assumptions???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Where in the **** have I mentioned anything about shooting someone???

Please, justify your baseless assumption with something...... or apologize for assuming the worst in someone just because you don't like what they are saying.

I agree.

no theres nothing intellectually lazy, dishonest or bigoted about it SB

for example 51% of all child molesters are white 200% more than any other race so every year i make sure that all my daughters teachers, coaches etc not white. I dont want her getting molested, I mean it just common sense

so someone give me an argument we shouldn't we profile, why shouldn't we be suspicious of whites around kids and dont hand me any PC crap, I rather offend someone then my kid get molest, i mean its kids we are talking about, dont people want to protect them!!!!!!!

Maybe we shouldnt allow whites to work with kids since 51% of molesters are white, 200% more than any other race.

<end sarcasm>
<end broken logic of thread>

View attachment 67150353

(Once again, trfjr uses the same logic as the gun control crowd and doesn't see the irony)

It's the same reason why we shouldn't use your disgusting posts as a reason to profile the entire right as dumb racists.

no theres nothing intellectually lazy, dishonest or bigoted about it SB

for example 51% of all child molesters are white 200% more than any other race so every year i make sure that all my daughters teachers, coaches etc not white. I dont want her getting molested, I mean it just common sense

so someone give me an argument we shouldn't we profile, why shouldn't we be suspicious of whites around kids and dont hand me any PC crap, I rather offend someone then my kid get molest, i mean its kids we are talking about, dont people want to protect them!!!!!!!

Maybe we shouldnt allow whites to work with kids since 51% of molesters are white, 200% more than any other race.

<end sarcasm>
<end broken logic of thread>

You have a good point about molesters being white, for whatever reason..........

I've never even considered a fear that my small children would be molested by a black person..... but a creepy looking white dude (cracker if you prefer), sure.

Back
Top Bottom