• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

This is why we Profile

Oh please, this is feel good nonsense. This is what a self described "badass" that grew up in a nice environment full of advantages says.

If you consider being a poor white kid in a rural town to be "nice environment full of advantages" then by all means have at it.....

Ooh... Im sorry, did I dismiss yet ANOTHER one of your ASSumptions?

Threads like these and some still insist that those who view the case from a racial perspective are simply baiting. I don't believe Zimmerman was in fact a racist, but the confrontation was partially due to the fact that Martin was profiled for the crimes and public image of fellow African Americans, as the OP so crudely stated. If you can't see the potential harm and the influence this line of reasoning may have on black communities, you're naive.

Not pretending....

You are filling in the blanks needed to call someone a racist because you don't like what they have to say.

No, I'm not a coward and will say what I mean, you should try it sometime. Also if you were following along I wasn't using "racist" in a slanderous way, it has a legitimate place in conversation too ya know.

If you consider being a poor white kid in a rural town to be "nice environment full of advantages" then by all means have at it.....

Ooh... Im sorry, did I dismiss yet ANOTHER one of your ASSumptions?

You think a poor white kid in a rural town is even remotely as bad as the black ghetto? LMFAO Most white people these days grow up this way, its called normal...

So, lets rewrap...

Verax you have assumed the OP meant that the cause of blacks disproportionately committing crimes was due to their nature.
Verax you have assumed that blacks live in the ghetto and are poor... making a broad generalization of an entire ethnicity of people.
Verax you have assumed that I grew up in a nice environment full of advantages.

Filling in the blanks to move the discussion in the direction YOU want much?

Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged - CNN.com

View attachment 67150353

every day are over America we have stories just like this and using crime statistics Blacks are just 13 percent of the population but they commit more than half the muggings and murders in the country. So why shouldn't they be profiled why shouldn't we be suspicious of Black males it is a survival instinct Maybe if that mother profiled and crossed the street once she saw those black youths her baby will be alive today

so someone give me an argument we shouldn't we profile why shouldn't we be suspicious of black male youths and dont hand me any PC crap I rather offend someone and be alive

Because it represents a terrible misconception of how statistics works. Namely conflating correlation with causation and being intellectually lazy.

Every black person I pass on the street could be a criminal or on welfare. Please tell be why I should be ok holding doors open for them or letting my kids near them?

I hear mostly hispanics make up the illegal alien population, and Arabs kill innocent people.

what's wrong with thinking white people are the best people?

Baby shot dead in stroller; 2 Georgia teens charged - CNN.com

View attachment 67150353

every day are over America we have stories just like this and using crime statistics Blacks are just 13 percent of the population but they commit more than half the muggings and murders in the country. So why shouldn't they be profiled why shouldn't we be suspicious of Black males it is a survival instinct Maybe if that mother profiled and crossed the street once she saw those black youths her baby will be alive today

so someone give me an argument we shouldn't we profile why shouldn't we be suspicious of black male youths and dont hand me any PC crap I rather offend someone and be alive

We profile because that's the way evolution designed our brains. Our brains are essentially highly refined pattern matching engines. Our forebears would have been saber toothed tiger snacks otherwise.

You think a poor white kid in a rural town is even remotely as bad as the black ghetto? LMFAO Most white people these days grow up this way, its called normal...

Now you have assumed that I think that my start in life is remotely as bad as a black ghetto.... of which I have said nowhere.
My comment was to the effect that being poor and rural is nearly the opposite of "nice environment full of advantages".

And, since you claimed that most white people grow up poor (based upon the bold above), then I guess that factors out the disproportionate level of crime committed by blacks over whites based on poverty doesn't it?

Because look where it got Zimmerman? What's wrong with judging people by their individual character? Its not hard for me.

According to black racist apologists..... Racism requires the notion that one race is superior to the other.

The OP asking why we should not be suspicious of young black males does not imply he believes one race to be superior to the other.

Thank you.

Poverty, education, having both parents present in a strong and structured family setting, etc., these things all strongly contribute to crime factors.

This isn't about "a pass", its about the reality that blacks overall are in a ****ty position. **** in / **** out. You raise a kid in poverty, in the ghetto where they see crime everywhere, they get a bad education, they have a mom at home with her own problems, dad is gone, of course a lot of them are going to be messed up. Its a negative loop.

This doesn't excuse anything, but it does explain it.

Im not arguing cause its good to discuss it and attempt to address the cause believe me I want a solution, but the lefts war on poverty is a failure i believe it made it worse by encouraging single mothers to have children out of wedlock

You can call me racist all you want im past the point of caring. i rather be labeled as a racist and have me and my children be alive, Im getting sick reading my local paper crime page and before i get finished with the first paragraph i know the race of the perpetrators with out being told and being right 9 out of 10 times, we had our local crime stopper show taken off the air because the vast majority of the crimes they was asking for information to help solve where bkack males and the stare run NAACP says the show was racist and had it shut down

Is it not bigoted to assume that blacks are being raised in poverty every time you turn around?

If I were a black man... i'd be tired of hearing "Blacks are poor livin' in the ghetto and its all whitey's fault from 70 years ago"

It's much more complicated than that. I understand your consistent need to simplify but you loose a lot in the process.

Because it represents a terrible misconception of how statistics works. Namely conflating correlation with causation and being intellectually lazy.

Funny... considering that is EXACTLY what happens when we look at statistics of conviction rates and sentence terms between blacks and whites and somehow come to the conclusion that it is because of racism, with no facts to back it up.

Correlation does not equal causation.

It's much more complicated than that. I understand your consistent need to simplify but you loose a lot in the process.

No.. I don't lose anything.

The people speaking, painting all blacks with a broad brush and instantly assuming the base standard black person in America is a poor person living in the Inner City..... Which is not true at all.

Its obvious. He thinks white people are better people. Black people are all criminals society should not trust and society should treat them differently.

Please provide some sort of evidence that the person you are referring to as a Racist believes that one race is superior to another..... to meet the definition so widely used and accepted by those who apologize for any level of racism from minorities.

Thank you.

Because look where it got Zimmerman? What's wrong with judging people by their individual character? Its not hard for me.

So you are ASSuming that Zimmerman profiled Martin based upon his race...... for which even the FBI could not come up with any evidence.

Man ALOT of ignorant ass assumptions in this thread so far.........

And I am NOT going to stop pointing them out.

Now you have assumed that I think that my start in life is remotely as bad as a black ghetto.... of which I have said nowhere.
My comment was to the effect that being poor and rural is nearly the opposite of "nice environment full of advantages".

And, since you claimed that most white people grow up poor (based upon the bold above), then I guess that factors out the disproportionate level of crime committed by blacks over whites based on poverty doesn't it?

You're nitpicking and whining about every little thing in multiple directions, I can't talk like this, just stop.

Judgments made on the fly for ones safety do not work on judging peoples character. If you are making a judgment call if so and so stranger is safe the chances are you are going by appearances and your feelings. Profiling is part of our nature and at some point people have to realize that.

We hold a race in bondage hundreds of years then as second class until about 50.

Why is that race behind the others?

Racists love to forget our history.

Racists love to blame history instead of taking some responsibility for their own actions. The United States, where only parts of the country were even involved in African slavery, & only for about 100 years, fought a war where millions of whites died to free the African slaves when African slavery as we know it today had been going on for 800+ years. Soon after our war, every major player in the slave trade abolished it as well. Where is the thanks? Also what about the Irish? The Chinese? The Jews? The Armenians? et al. The blatant racism of only including Africans in the category of the oppressed is disgusting. Why don't other former African slaves, like those in the Caribbean use slavery as their crutch for all perceived injustices? I lived in the Caribbean for almost 20 years & they have all the same societal problems as we do. Class struggle, poverty, hopelessness, gangs, drugs, violence. The difference is since everyone there is black, when they get the short end of the stick they say "It's because I'm poor", not "It's because I'm black."

because you don't have the time or the means to do so when your walking down the street and see some one that you should wonder if it is safe to continue to walk towards. you use you common since at the time to decide. you use your past experience and what you know. it is called profiling it is human and animal nature it is what keeps you safe it keeps you alive

did that mother of the baby that was shot have the time or the means to figure out the character of those black teenagers before they shot her and her baby
she found out their character all right but by doing so it cost the life of her baby

Actually, pro life people encourage having the baby. It you're poor, not ready to parent, etc. they don't give a ****.

Im not arguing cause its good to discuss it and attempt to address the cause believe me I want a solution, but the lefts war on poverty is a failure i believe it made it worse by encouraging single mothers to have children out of wedlock

You can call me racist all you want im past the point of caring. i rather be labeled as a racist and have me and my children be alive, Im getting sick reading my local paper crime page and before i get finished with the first paragraph i know the race of the perpetrators with out being told and being right 9 out of 10 times, we had our local crime stopper show taken off the air because the vast majority of the crimes they was asking for information to help solve where bkack males and the stare run NAACP says the show was racist and had it shut down

I have to say that I'm of an age now where I avoid any congregation of rowdy acting young people - particularly at night - particularly in places I'm not familiar with or that I'm uncomfortable with. I don't care if they're black, white, orange or green. I've read enough and seen enough to know that many young people today, regardless of race, have a total disregard for the value of life and particularly so a value to the life of their peers. Young people go around beating and kicking homeless people, vandalizing neighborhoods and businesses, and viciously bullying any of their peers whom they view as weak or "damaged".

For me, profiling young people as a dangerous demographic is just natural and common sense, like avoiding rabid dogs or floundering drunks.

He did profile him. He was black like the robbers. He was a ****ing punk.

So you are ASSuming that Zimmerman profiled Martin based upon his race...... for which even the FBI could not come up with any evidence.

Man ALOT of ignorant ass assumptions in this thread so far.........

And I am NOT going to stop pointing them out.

Its obvious. He thinks white people are better people. Black people are all criminals society should not trust and society should treat them differently.

no not better just a higher likely not to be as dangerous and crime statistic prove as much the ones you want everyone to ignore

If using common since and logic is racist then we have a problem and the one who uses the logic and common since isn't the one with the problem

Pitbull dogs cause 30% of all deaths that are caused by dogs and they are only 5% of the population of dogs are you wrong saying to your child for your safety it is best to stay away from pitbulls. are you not using common since to do so?

Bad reasoning and analogy. Pit bulls are the way they are because people train them to be mean. Every Pit bull I have ever seen that is a house pet and treated as one were very friendly and good pets.

The crime you are talking about is 90% inner city and the lions share is because of the drug war. Now take into account the disparity in sentencing based on race and the numbers change drastically.

When you put young black men in prison for minor drug crimes they come out killers. End of story. The problem is our society and the years of unfairness and hopelessness in the black community. I am not making excuses as it is wrong, period. I am just correcting your racially based judgement with the true causes and not just a bunch of pointless numbers.

Back
Top Bottom