• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

That Awkward Moment When The Tea Party Rally Gets Overtly Racist [W:219]

I don't think so!

Hey...ummm...there was a whole lot of elderly people, womenfolk, and black folk in that video. I thought the Tea Party was just a bunch of angry white men?

He doesn't believe it's possible. I wish I lived in that fairy tale world where racism wasn't a thing anymore like you do, Ocean!

I wonder what kind of world some live in, where everything they see is racist.

It seems a shame they have allowed themselves to be trapped there.

Thank goodness I, along with hundreds of millions of other people in this country, haven't agreed to live there.

Thank goodness I, along with hundreds of millions of other people in this country, haven't agreed to live there.

It's a world where the trolls and party sockpuppets are well fed. :mrgreen:

True. I don't understand how someone could hear "nigger president" and think there was anything racist about that :shrug:

Perhaps that was just a voice in your head. Obviously your dominant inner self...

SHHHHHHH....... The republicans on here are going accuse you guys of race baiting because we all know the racism is a fairytale made up by the MSM...

There's a huge difference between racism and race baiting. Stating that blacks are less than human beings, and that they should be exterminated is pretty godamned racist, regardless of who it comes from. Claiming that a black person who committed a crime is merely a victim of a racist system that hates black people is race baiting. Al Sharpton: Race baiter. David Duke: Racist.

Perhaps that was just a voice in your head. Obviously your dominant inner self...

I guess I could have imagined it.

Or maybe it was a post:

There was a Tea Party rally outside of the building where I used to work before I went to law school, back in 2010. I hung around outside it for a while during my lunch break, and I heard the phrase "nigger president" quite a few times.

Hey...ummm...there was a whole lot of elderly people, womenfolk, and black folk in that video. I thought the Tea Party was just a bunch of angry white men?

Pssst: you missed the point that a white nationalist organization is organizing "black opposition" to immigration as part of its bizarre xenophobia. It's telling that the tea party has to conceal its funding, and more telling when you fall for it.

White Nationalist Is Behind Black Anti-Immigration Reform March | ThinkProgress

White Nationalist Is Behind Black Anti-Immigration Reform March
By Esther Yu-Hsi Lee on Jun 4, 2013 at 11:00 am

A white nationalist famed for creating influential immigration-restrictionist groups is bankrolling a black anti-immigration march set to take place on July 15 of this year. John Tanton — a man who has declared his preference for whites and published articles by racist writers who have referred to black Americans as “a retrograde species of humanity” — is using his network of anti-immigration groups as the financial force behind the event.

Now, how does this make the tea party LESS racist?

Deflection: the last bastion of tea partiers not wanting to admit the racist comments of their leaders.

So do you agree with the tea party leader that blacks are "retrograde species' or not? Don't worry I won't report you to tea party central if you say no.

s-KEN-CROW-large.jpg

Got to love this photo: Sarah Palin, the Harpy in Chief of the Tea Party, canoodling with Ken Crow, that tea party leader who said this:

From those incredible blood lines of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington and John Smith. And all these great Americans, Martin Luther King. These great Americans who built this country. You came from them. And the unique thing about being from that part of the world, when you learn about breeding, you learn that you cannot breed Secretariat to a donkey and expect to win the Kentucky Derby. You guys have incredible DNA and don’t forget it.

Yeah, tea partiers are the Aryan Ubermenschen!

Moderator's Warning:
No more baiting posts, no more personal remarks. Anything even borderline gets gigged hereafter.

I'm really trying hard to see the racism here. I won't deny that the TP has had moments where some have expressed racism. I just don't see it in this particular situation. In addition, this whole thing is taken as a soundbite and not as a complete speech. For all we know he was talking about the American breed ie hard working, perservering, etc. If this is racist then who's it racist against? He included the names of both white leaders and a black leader. Is it racist against hispanics, asians, etc?

Moderator's Warning:
Stories primarily focused at linking people to other peoples opinions about a story isn't "news". Moved to the appropriate location

SHHHHHHH....... The republicans on here are going accuse you guys of race baiting because we all know the racism is a fairytale made up by the MSM...

"Blacks are racist too, you know."

probably coming from leftwing trolls trying to discredit the movement. racism is the anti thought bomb the loony left uses when it runs out of arguments

It was from the main guy giving the speech to everyone else.

View attachment 67150680

Got to love this photo: Sarah Palin, the Harpy in Chief of the Tea Party, canoodling with Ken Crow, that tea party leader who said this:

Yeah, tea partiers are the Aryan Ubermenschen!
Can't help but wonder why included King in his list of great Americans. Doesn't seem very aryan to me.

The Right's argument these days is that the only racism that exists is the reverse kind--you know, racism that favors Blacks, Latinos, Gays, and everyone else except straight white males.

If massive racism doesn't exist, a large segment of the political left just lost their main motivation and support. It must exist. Bigotry must be institutional and so completely woven into the fabric of society that we will never overcome it. Jesse Jackson has never lost a minute's sleep worrying about retirement.

I think if the main guy had used the term "nigger" several times as you claimed, you would have some evidence of that

If massive racism doesn't exist, a large segment of the political left just lost their main motivation and support. It must exist. Bigotry must be institutional and so completely woven into the fabric of society that we will never overcome it. Jesse Jackson has never lost a minute's sleep worrying about retirement.

true, groups like those run by Al Schmuckton and The Southern Poverty Extortion
Center have to keep "racism" alive so the donations keep flowing

"That Awkward Moment When The Tea Party Rally Gets Overtly Racist"

That Useless Thread When One Fool Tries To Paint An Entire Decentralized Political Movement With The Same Brush As Isolated Racists Being Racist.

I'm really trying hard to see the racism here. I won't deny that the TP has had moments where some have expressed racism. I just don't see it in this particular situation. In addition, this whole thing is taken as a soundbite and not as a complete speech. For all we know he was talking about the American breed ie hard working, perservering, etc. If this is racist then who's it racist against? He included the names of both white leaders and a black leader. Is it racist against hispanics, asians, etc?

Huffpo gives the entire speech, ummm sure looks like a racial purity speech to me. I did listen to the video, he throws MLK in with a slight stutter compared to the firm tones for the 'other guys'.

I see his words as an attack on Hispanics... can't help but wonder how the speech would have presented if the blacks were a meager handful scattered through the crowd, dunno if MLK would have made the cut.

He was decrying a bill that would permit millions of Hispanics to mingle and mix with the DNA of the Founding Fathers, n oh yeah MLK. The speech had a back drop, allowing Hispanics into the country is that back drop.

true, groups like those run by Al Schmuckton and The Southern Poverty Extortion
Center have to keep "racism" alive so the donations keep flowing
Love your reference to the SPLC. The Wah on Pahvety helps fund the exploiters. I'll give 'em credit for the sinister duplicity of their appeal. It's southern white guilt on steroids for profit.

Back
Top Bottom