• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

That Awkward Moment When The Tea Party Rally Gets Overtly Racist [W:219]

Hey, I am for immigration reform, bring in all those illegals and put an overpriced liberal out of work

Now your diverting from your own diversion. It's an unhappy conservative trait.

Oh, look, a black racist!!

You'll say anything, except something relevant to the topic.

It shows how disingenuous conservatism is, which is why I love your approach. Thanks for making my point.

Crazy-random thought: The nature of the material and means of presentation in the OP and immediate subsequent posts do not lend well to civil discourse. It seems peculiarly directed at further polarizing and strengthening each individuals' pre-existing point of view. Individuals who already perceive the Tea Party as racist morons will get their confirmation bias kick out of it. Meanwhile, decent individuals who may support the Tea Party, not considering themselves racist, will feel morally compelled to beat their fists against the perverbial steel wall that is anti-Tea Party bigotry - almost assuredly to no avail. This brings me to my main question: why engage in a discourse in such a way that the only reasonable outcome is further dividing people? Personally, it appears to me that the individuals most against the Tea Party consider its members to be less than human, all the while deriding "Tea Baggers" (often inaccurately) for the same faults they themselves display more frequently and with more fervor. When one's entire purpose for starting a discussion is to denigrate others with no attempt at mutual discourse, I don't think you have much ground to stand on.

Last edited:
Crazy-random thought: The nature of the material and means of presentation in the OP and immediate subsequent posts do not lend well to civil discourse. It seems peculiarly directed at further polarizing and strengthening each individuals' pre-existing point of view. Individuals who already perceive the Tea Party as racist morons will get their confirmation bias kick out of it. Meanwhile, decent individuals who may support the Tea Party, not considering themselves racist, will feel morally compelled to beat their fists against the perverbial steel wall that is anti-Tea Party bigotry - almost assuredly to no avail. This brings me to my main question: why engage in a discourse in such a way that the only reasonable outcome is further dividing people? Personally, it appears to me that the individuals most against the Tea Party consider its members to be less than human, all the while deriding "Tea Baggers" (often inaccurately) for the same faults they themselves display more frequently and with more fervor. When one's entire purpose for starting a discussion is to denigrate others with no attempt at mutual discourse, I don't think you have much ground to stand on.

Yes, it's wrong to misportray a group on the basis of it's most radical members says the poster who misportrays a group on the basis of it's most radical members.

I think there are many in the TP movement who see nothing wrong with what this guy says about protecting the founder DNA. Might be the sad part to this, again depends on your POV.

I believe that many times 'evil' isn't seen by those who are fellow travelers, or at least sympathetic- look how many Americans thought Hitler was a genius before he ran amuck. How many times has a 'conservative' brought 'evidence' of treason and tyranny in here just to be scoffed at by those who are not fellow travelers? look how many folks saw 'evil' in the long term ammunition orders by the Gubmint or are convinced there are thousands of plastic coffins ready for the mass extermination of 'real patriotic 'Mericans'.

I saw the DNA Dude comments repugnant- you didn't, that is how it is sometimes.
True on all. Good debate brother. Thanks for keeping it civil.

The lunacy of the Tea Party knows no limit. Its racist element generally only comes out in code. Here, however, their true agenda was expressed. And its the Tea Party that now runs the conservative movement in the US.

The tpers are not, by any means, a credible political movement. They're just a bunch of brainless farts who are easily duped into voting for anyone who (honestly or otherwise) appeals to their childish bigotries. The GOP power elite uses these gullible loons to get elected in the South because it's easy. All one has to do to get a tper to vote for him is get up and say "Bomb muslims, deport the spics, kill all fags."

In other words, tpers are tools.

The tpers are not, by any means, a credible political movement. They're just a bunch of brainless farts who are easily duped into voting for anyone who (honestly or otherwise) appeals to their childish bigotries. The GOP power elite uses these gullible loons to get elected in the South because it's easy. All one has to do to get a tper to vote for him is get up and say "Bomb muslims, deport the spics, kill all fags."

Whereas Leftists like yourself are the intellectual backbone of the country. You've made your point well.

Whereas Leftists like yourself are the intellectual backbone of the country. You've made your point well.

Libertarians stand for individuals rights (including privacy) and free markets. The Right stands for large, intrusive spendy government and mindless bigotry.

It's almost laughable how tea baggers have to continually say that its spokesmen don't speak for them. If you're saying that conservatives have become completely incoherent and occupied by weirdos and racists which you disavow, good for you!

I'm not sure about that. I think they have successfully taken over the GOP by becoming the main driver of the rightwing noise machine. Any Republican that deviates into sanity, even for a moment, is ruthlessly attacked by the noise machine, and has to either apologize and genuflect to tea party weirdness or lose in the nomination process.

Even decent men like Huntsman had to kowtow in the debates to the lunacy that is the tea party.

The nonsequitur deflection of the month! You win the prize, sir, among a whole panoply of tea party deflectors.

Now, what about the OP and the racist statements by a tea party leader at an anti-immigrant rally organized by a white nationalist? Come on, I know you can face up to it if you try real hard.

FAR LEFT TX ACTIVIST Apologizes for Smearing Pro-Zimmerman Group With Hateful Racist Sign

FAR LEFT TX ACTIVIST Apologizes for Smearing Pro-Zimmerman Group With Hateful Racist Sign | The Gateway Pundit

525x385xrenee-vaughan-apology.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9g1GruYGwv.jpg

Didn't hear it and I don't believe a word of disinformation spread by Progressives.
How about the revelation about Barry's appointee named William Wilkins IRS chief counsel sending orders to Carter Hull and Ms. Hofacre to persecute the TEA Party and religious associations.

Yes, it's wrong to misportray a group on the basis of it's most radical members says the poster who misportrays a group on the basis of it's most radical members.

I said "individuals" for a reason...

It's almost laughable how tea baggers have to continually say that its spokesmen don't speak for them. If you're saying that conservatives have become completely incoherent and occupied by weirdos and racists which you disavow, good for you!

If you would please take the time to understand what I typed, I'm sure you wouldn't have to ask what I'm saying.

I'm not sure about that. I think they have successfully taken over the GOP

They haven't. They're too stupid to take over an anthill.

by becoming the main driver of the rightwing noise machine. Any Republican that deviates into sanity, even for a moment, is ruthlessly attacked by the noise machine, and has to either apologize and genuflect to tea party weirdness or lose in the nomination process.

Even decent men like Huntsman had to kowtow in the debates to the lunacy that is the tea party.

And that's why the GOP lost in 2012. The tpers, i. e. the bigoted, uneducated Southern White folk on which the GOP has traditionally relied to win elections has now become a liability to the party on the national scene, or rather, the GOP power base needs the bigots to turn out for elections in the South to win seats there, but on a national level, they just make the party lose.

But it's very likely the GOP will find a way to keep these loons in their place in upcoming elections. Reince Preibus may not be the brightest bulb in the world, but he knows that he'll be given big $$ to deal with the tp problem. Already he's been talking about totally nixing all televised primary debates in Presidential elections, so as to keep the tp loons from damaging GOP candidates come 2016.

John Brabender, Santorum’s chief adviser, said the reforms would favor the moneyed candidates.
“While I commend Chairman Priebus for taking important steps to remedy Republicans’ recent election failures, I am troubled by the possibility of a condensed presidential primary process which undoubtedly gives an advantage to establishment backed candidates and the wealthiest candidates,” said Brabender.

Read more: Right blasts RNC 'autopsy' as power grab - Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

They haven't. They're too stupid to take over an anthill.

And that's why the GOP lost in 2012. The tpers, i. e. the bigoted, uneducated Southern White folk on which the GOP has traditionally relied to win elections has now become a liability to the party on the national scene, or rather, the GOP power base needs the bigots to turn out for elections in the South to win seats there, but on a national level, they just make the party lose.

But it's very likely the GOP will find a way to keep these loons in their place in upcoming elections. Reince Preibus may not be the brightest bulb in the world, but he knows that he'll be given big $$ to deal with the tp problem. Already he's been talking about totally nixing all televised primary debates in Presidential elections, so as to keep the tp loons from damaging GOP candidates come 2016.

We totally agree about the knownothingism of the tea party element and how it is destroying the GOP, but I really don't think it can be stopped at this point (thankfully).

Rove and the establishment GOP made a deal to bring in the knownothings and religious right in order to win a few elections (due to ever-worsening demographics for Republicans). But they created a monster. Once you turn on the rightwing noise machine, you can't turn it off. It just gets more and more extreme and destructive. When it's done, there will only be 6 "true" conservatives left standing and all of them will have radio talk shows.

FAR LEFT TX ACTIVIST Apologizes for Smearing Pro-Zimmerman Group With Hateful Racist Sign

FAR LEFT TX ACTIVIST Apologizes for Smearing Pro-Zimmerman Group With Hateful Racist Sign | The Gateway Pundit

525x385xrenee-vaughan-apology.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9g1GruYGwv.jpg

Didn't hear it and I don't believe a word of disinformation spread by Progressives.
How about the revelation about Barry's appointee named William Wilkins IRS chief counsel sending orders to Carter Hull and Ms. Hofacre to persecute the TEA Party and religious associations.

A nonsequitur to a nonsequitur. This post now wins the monthly prize!

I said "individuals" for a reason...

Nice edit job, but what you described was actually, and I quote, " individuals most against the Tea Party" who you say think of tp'ers as less than human

Some of us are strongly opposed to the TP but don't think they are less than human. Nice job of stereotyping us while whining hypocritically about stereotyping.

Moderator's Warning:
Notice the title of the thread? THAT is the topic, not anything else. Further, the personal attacks stop now. Or else.

A tea party leader talks about "breeding" at an anti-immigrant event organized by a white nationalists, and you act as if the real issue is whether I'm a racist or not.

Deflection -- you're soaking in it.

Why don't you just admit that you are unable to intelligently discuss the racism of the tea party and its ugly adherents? It'll save you the spanking you're taking.
I wouldn't mind intelligently discussing the racism of the tea party, but since that's something that you have dreamed up and then lied about to prove, I'm afraid that intelligence in the discussion would be sadly lacking. We could just as well have an intelligent discussion on the racism of Joaquin that I have undeniably proven by telling you that you were a racist.

Moderator's Warning:
Notice the title of the thread? THAT is the topic, not anything else. Further, the personal attacks stop now. Or else.

I'll take this as a sign to move on. Given the title of the thread and the link given as supporting evidence, there's no need for me to comment further.

Nice edit job, but what you described was actually, and I quote, " individuals most against the Tea Party" who you say think of tp'ers as less than human

Some of us are strongly opposed to the TP but don't think they are less than human. Nice job of stereotyping us while whining hypocritically about stereotyping.

I'm trying to be civil. I did not word my thoughts as clearly as needed. For that I apologize. In the sentence you pull my quote from, I say that it is my personal opinion based on the my own perceptions of how individuals appear. I apologize for making any insinuation as to what you appeared to me to be thinking. I obviously do not know directly what you (I'm not trying to be incindiary, you self-identified) or other individuals radically against the tea party truly think. A better way to phrase it would be to say that it appears to me that individuals most radically antagonistic towards tea party members act as if tea party members are inhuman (incapable of reasonable thought/empathy/compassion). By acting in such a way, those individuals to me appear (I'm not saying they actually are, simply that those individuals present to me the appearance of being) inhuman solely and specifically in their regard of members of the tea party.

I'm not trying to launch personal attacks or anything of the sort. Please forgive the lack of clarity in my earlier post which offended you.

EDIT: I believe this is relavent to the original post because it is my thoughts related to the situation generated by the article contained within. If the moderators deem this sufficiently off-topic, please delete it at your discretion.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind intelligently discussing the racism of the tea party, but since that's something that you have dreamed up and then lied about to prove, I'm afraid that intelligence in the discussion would be sadly lacking. We could just as well have an intelligent discussion on the racism of Joaquin that I have undeniably proven by telling you that you were a racist.

Check out the OP. I didn't dream it. Then report back in!

It isn't that hard to face reality, is it?

Back
Top Bottom