• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Something to think about

Carleen

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Just adding on to the many statics about the election-

The highest white population all voted for Obama in ME 96%, VT 05%, IA 03%, and NH 93%.

Your thoughts

The highest white population all voted for Obama in ME 96%, VT 05%, IA 03%, and NH 93%.

Your thoughts

I think Vermont and Iowa have more than 5% and 3% white populations

Sorry, I hit the wrong keys! VT 95% IA 93%.

I have absolutely no opinion one way or the other, but just wanted to take a fun jab at you (not that my typing skills are anything to be proud of :) ). Some states are just blue and some are red. Why they are that way is not just a matter of race.

Your thoughts

My thoughts: I hate these race-statistics . . . the majority of the country is white and we have a black president.

You'd think by now people would have moved on.

Your thoughts

Ain't but a combined total of 23 black people living in the states you mentioned. :shock:

Ain't but a combined total of 23 black people living in the states you mentioned. :shock:

LOL - she gave percentages and missed a few numbers. Vermont has rough calc of 623,050 for their population - 96.1% while . . . leaving 24,922 black residents (about 4%)

Gaah!

Your thoughts

Stoned white people voted for Obama? Wouldn't they vote libertarian?

Highest white population means what?

Sorry, I hit the wrong keys! VT 95% IA 93%.

I think it reduces to one word: education. If you correlate voters with race and education, you'll find that educated white voters prefered Obama. The North East has a high percentage of educated people. The problem is states with a high percentage of uneducated white voters, like Alabama, who are fodder for the conservative noise machine and it's ugly rhetoric of xenophobia, scapegoating and race-baiting.

I think it reduces to one word: education. If you correlate voters with race and education, you'll find that educated white voters prefered Obama. The North East has a high percentage of educated people. The problem is states with a high percentage of uneducated white voters, like Alabama, who are fodder for the conservative noise machine and it's ugly rhetoric of xenophobia, scapegoating and race-baiting.
It proves that because a college student works without pay and has to live like a child, he winds up with the mind of a child. Because of his childishness, he looks at his extremist Left professors as infallible father figures. People who submit to this indentured-servitude education are afraid to grow up. After they graduate, they no longer need to be afraid of that because they will never grow up.

Because their a pack of Liberals their educated, I don't think so. They have been brainwashed by the liberal professors who without tenure would not have a job. And the students when they get out of collage they live with mommy and daddy and stay on their insurance until the age of 26. Then they still live at home because they can't get a job that spells liberal.

I am white and voted for Obama, do I get a cookie or something?

I am not getting what the OP is getting at, I don't feel I had any racial stake in this election, unless Romney was trying to apply affirmative action to me (I am white, but in DC I am a minority after all) and I just missed it. Had he done that I would still vote against him. Race is pretty meaningless to me.

sometimes it still boggles my mind that human beings care so damned much about the melanin content (or lack thereof) in other peoples' skin.

sometimes it still boggles my mind that human beings care so damned much about the melanin content (or lack thereof) in other peoples' skin.

No joke. I think we should focus more on melons than melanin.

My thoughts: I hate these race-statistics . . . the majority of the country is white and we have a black president.

You'd think by now people would have moved on.

Those of the Leftward political persuasion will NEVER let race be factored out.

It's not about that and you know it. To answer your dishonest point with a silly analogy, wouldn't people with a sun tan be discriminated against in a "racist" society? Prejudice is a reaction to behavior; an honest but still self-righteous answer would be that the undesirable behavior was originally caused by prejudice. So it appears to be a chicken-and-egg problem. But the fact that you don't allow an equal voice to both sides proves that your side is wrong and you know that too. You are afraid of an open debate.

It's not about that and you know it. To answer your dishonest point with a silly analogy, wouldn't people with a sun tan be discriminated against in a "racist" society? Prejudice is a reaction to behavior; an honest but still self-righteous answer would be that the undesirable behavior was originally caused by prejudice. So it appears to be a chicken-and-egg problem. But the fact that you don't allow an equal voice to both sides proves that your side is wrong and you know that too. You are afraid of an open debate.

you misinterpreted my comment, which is partially my fault, because upon rereading it, i wasn't as clear as i hoped to be.

the intent of my comment was this : it amazes me how much energy all humans waste worrying about how much or little melanin someone has in their skin. it wasn't directed exclusively at one side or the other. all races have an instinctive apprehension of people who look different for a very specific reason : for tens of thousands of years, if you saw a bunch of humans who didn't look like you coming over the hill, they probably weren't coming to play Yahtzee and have a few beers around the campfire. with the end of geographic isolation for the vast majority of human beings and the strength of the mating instinct, however, i expect that within a few thousand years, we all won't look that different anyway.

sorry if it seemed that i was attacking conservatives exclusively. i was mostly making an observation about humanity in general. i suppose some people didn't vote for Obama partially due to race, but i expect most didn't because of ideology, or their perception of what they fear his ideology might be. also, both sides are still substituting hyperpartisan hyperbole for actual ideological debate, and that's a big part of the reason why we can't have a national debate about anything without it turning into a soccer riot.

You call yourself progressive and yet you think backwards. You claim conservatives are uneducated, racist, xenophobic and race-bait and yet you were the first one to play the race card in this thread. Everyone else wondered what the point of the OP was, didn't care one way or another or called you out. Perhaps you should rethink your stance abit.

Because their a pack of Liberals their educated, I don't think so. They have been brainwashed by the liberal professors who without tenure would not have a job. And the students when they get out of collage they live with mommy and daddy and stay on their insurance until the age of 26. Then they still live at home because they can't get a job that spells liberal.

Generalize much?

Honestly, if you follow my posts on DP you will find obvious spelling mistakes. You? Not so much. If English isn't your first language I'm good with that. If English is your first language, you should not be posting here. Either way, what you post here is irrelevant

I, too, am white and voted for Obama. Race didn't play a part in how I voted at all. Being scared to death of Romney being President did.

Back
Top Bottom