• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some here appear to not know what a lie is

Recently, at least three people, all of them known leftists, have contended certain things are "lies" and similar statements by known members of their side that are actually lies are ignored. I wouldn't make this OP if I wasn't flabbergasted at the apparent and obvious disconnect of many here and in the media as to what a lie is.
Then there is the Big Lie, named because it is told by a former President of the United States.

Now this is extremely interesting. The irony is delightful.

The Insider reports, "Mark Meadows, the former North Carolina congressman and chief of staff to President Donald Trump, was removed from North Carolina's voter rolls on Monday by local election officials amid uncertainty about his residency in the state, North Carolina news outlet WRAL first reported.

"Democratic State Attorney General Josh Stein launched an investigation into Meadows' voter registration following reports that Meadows was registered to vote in 2020 from a mobile home in Scaly Mountain. Meadows didn't live at the mobile home."

"Macon County administratively removed the voter registration of Mark Meadows under [state law] as he lived in Virginia and last voted in the 2021 election there," said Pat Gannon, a spokesman for the North Carolina elections board.

"In September 2020, just six weeks before the election, Meadows listed the mobile home as his primary place of residence and registered to vote there, despite the home's former owner telling the New Yorker that the former congressman "never spent a night in there.'"

If true, that would mean Meadows may have committed voter fraud under North Carolina law. Trump was right, after all. There was voter fraud in the 2020 election.

Sorry, I just had to say it.

Meanwhile Liz Cheney is breaking records raising money for her reelection.

ABC reports, "Congresswoman Liz Cheney raised almost $3 million in campaign contributions over the first three months of the midterm election year, continuing her record-breaking fundraising streak as she attempts to defend her seat against a Trump-backed challenger.

"The third-term Wyoming Republican began April with $6.8 million cash on-hand, while her opponent Harriet Hageman began the final four-month stretch leading up to Wyoming's Aug. 16 Republican primary with more than $1 million in her campaign coffers.

"Cheney's unrelenting criticism of former President Donald Trump and statements blaming him for the violence at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 have transformed the race for the state's lone U.S. House seat into one of the most closely watched contests of the 2022 midterms."

Seriously. 😄

I mean what is science other than the study of how matter and energy change over time. That's what it is. 2+2=4 is an equation that describes a change. How ****ing dumb can these people get?
For a long time we used math developed by a guy named Newton to describe the motion of objects in space until we figured out there's more to it.

It's sad when people are still this genuinely pissed off over what someone said in March of 2020.

I wonder if they are equally as pissed off about this statement:

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Or this one:

“We're going very substantially down, not up.”

Whether you don't like my take on real science or not, you admit that Fauci LIED, endangered millions of people, possibly causing deaths, and you don't care cause he's a liberal.

It is amazing how petty and blinded you are on a daily basis.

Recently, at least three people, all of them known leftists, have contended certain things are "lies" and similar statements by known members of their side that are actually lies are ignored.
"Known leftists", huh? Is that so?

Got links?
I use the example of Dr, Fauci, who claims he is "Mr. Science"
You're off to a rough start, my friend.

This a LIE, isn't it? Fauci never claimed to be "Mr. Science", did he?

Please post a link, or admit it's a lie.
... who intentionally and knowingly lied in March of 2020 when he said, "Masks do not provide the protection that people think they do and MAY stop only a few droplets."
This, too, is a lie, isn't it? Fauci said a lot about masks that confused some people; and this could be such an example. But he never lied. And it is absolutely true that some masks (especially the handkerchief kind that people were using back in March 2020) provide very little protection, while other types provide tremendous protection.

So at best, your quote is a portion of a larger quote taken out of context. At best.

And I doubt it's an actual quote.

Please post a link to the direct quote, or admit it's a lie.
Many here have said "The science changed" when their people are caught in huge mistakes and falsehoods but true science never changes. Fake science does.
Now this is just MORONICALLY stupid. Perhaps you're just confused; but clearly, you're someone who doesn't understand how Science and the Scientific Method work. That's the only explanation for saying something so ridiculous.

YES...."true Science" does change....all the time. That's the basis of (LITERALLY) EVERY new discovery or advancement in the history of the world. What does NOT change is the PROCESS by which what you call "true Science" is determined. It's the PROCESS that establishes Scientific consensus....and it's the PROCESS by which that consensus evolves, or changes.

We could chalk up his March of 2020 comment as a mistake IOF he didn't say a month later that he was worried about a run on medical masks leaving a shortage of masks for the medical community. This admission is him proving that he intentionally and knowingly lied a month earlier. Not only that, his lie jeopardized the lives of all of America because people did NOT wear masks for an entire month. In any event, this example is what a REAL lie is.
:ROFLMAO:...hardly.

Your rationale, as stated above, is just an example of a confused CONSERVATIVE IDEOLOGUE who doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Contrast this with what liberals contend are lies by Trump where he said his crowd size was bigger than Obama's and they show pictures showing a smaller crowd size. Firstly the pictures may not have shown the full view or they could have been taken before all the people arrived at Trump's rally. In any event, there is no way to know if Trump had seen the pictures or made a headcount and Trump was just of the belief that his crowd size was larger. This statement of Trump is not a "lie",
:ROFLMAO:.....so, lemme see if I understand you correctly.

Your argument is that you accept that Trump may have "believed" that he was telling the truth, so he wasn't lying......but nothing Fauci said (or, in this case, never actually said) merits the same consideration from you. Is that right?

And you have the temerity to start a thread to complain about "leftists"???

....only in the mind of a Trump acolyte.:ROFLMAO:
There were other equally vague examples involving Trump that the posters contend were lies and they are all the same. His OPINIONS and conjectures and beliefs are called "lies".
Opinions that have no basis in objective, provable FACTS.....and/or which have been objectivably disproved......become LIES when they are repeated in the face of those facts and/or discrediting evidence.

You're entitled to the "in my opinion" excuse once. After that, clinging to a baseless, discredited opinion is called LYING. Trump (and his acolytes) quickly learned that there was ZERO evidence in support of Trump's crowd size assertion....and a mountain of objective evidence against it. So, the "in his opinion" excuse is not valid.

Trump is the LYINGEST POTUS in history, and it's not even close. Everyone one of his 30,000-plus LIES, have been documented.

Trump told more LIES in his first month in office, than Obama told in 8 years in the office.

We disagree what the meanings are but why are you bringing up Dr. Fauci anyway? If you truly want to evaluate what a lie is, look to Donald Trump.
He's made False and misleading claims for 5 years totaling over 30,500 of them.
When I ask people to list the biggest whopper, I get "He said his crowd size was bigger than Obama's"

Seriously. 😄

I mean what is science other than the study of how matter and energy change over time. That's what it is. 2+2=4 is an equation that describes a change. How ****ing dumb can these people get?
That question is amusing. I think a look in the mirror will give you the answer you seek.

AOC is clear that facts are important.

"Facts are facts, America. We should care about getting things right. Yet standards of who gets fact-checked, how often + why are unclear."

But AOC flip-flops on facts during an interview with Anderson Cooper:

“If people want to really blow up one figure here or one word there, I would argue that they’re missing the forest for the trees. There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.”

AOC expects others to be factually correct, but she expects a pass on facts because she is morally superior.

Thank goodness for double standards. If not for double standards, the radicalized left wouldn't have any. :rolleyes:

No. I admit I can understand a scenario in which Fauci believes lying to the public is the best course of action and I might even agree with him depending on the circumstances. I don't know if he did actually lie. There's also a scenario early on where he doesn't think masks are necessary for the general public and wants to prevent a mass panic buy of essential hospital safety equipment which is necessary with or without an airborne pandemic. Also I have no problem with you sharing your adorable and hilarious musing on science. In fact I advocate for more. 😄
Are you yet another poster here who doesn't know what a LIE is? Fauci admitted to it. What more do you need?

You know, I don't mind the far-leftists here defending their own but when they defend the indefensible is where I have to think that person is downright intentionally dishonest. He IS Mr. Sciencve, according to him. There is no "science" that changed in one month. It wasn't a situation where he was unsure of masks at the time he said masks aren't needed. He was certain that they might stop only one droplet and essentially worthless. There was no question in the mind of that pompous ass. He stated it as if it was agreed on "science" and came from his vast knowledge of the medical field.

For all of you who now CLAIM that masks "work" to not be marching on his house demanding his arrest is a testament only to your ideology and protecting your own. read his statement of a month later where he says he was worried about a run on masks. Here people went a month without masks because of Mr. Science and died because he said they didn't work. This is an admission of a lie....not "just" a lie. Were this a conservative, you'd be all over it like a fat lady on a pizza.

I hope this helps you understand the difference between a LIE and a mistake, a guess, a projection or prediction, or an opinion.

Right leaning person says something they don’t like it’s a lie. If a left leaning person says something completely untrue it’s a misstatement or a quote taken out of context. Contrary to many opinions this is not a double standard, as democrats have no standard. To be fair the same thing gets said in reverse, so the only statements that are labeled lies are the ones we don’t like.
LOL. Moronic projection. And its evidennt in every thread where liberals have al the facts, logic and reasoning and right wingers offer none but stupid shit like your post

My comments aren't about Fauci specifically (though I can certainly imagine good reasons to lie and mislead the general public) but more about your hilarious understanding of science in particular.

yeah, please move to the exits in an orderly fashion while there is a bomb ready to explode would be an example of a good lie. Panic by telling the truth would be worse

"Known leftists", huh? Is that so?

Got links?

You're off to a rough start, my friend.

This a LIE, isn't it? Fauci never claimed to be "Mr. Science", did he?

Please post a link, or admit it's a lie.

This, too, is a lie, isn't it? Fauci said a lot about masks that confused some people; and this could be such an example. But he never lied. And it is absolutely true that some masks (especially the handkerchief kind that people were using back in March 2020) provide very little protection, while other types provide tremendous protection.

So at best, your quote is a portion of a larger quote taken out of context. At best.

And I doubt it's an actual quote.

Please post a link to the direct quote, or admit it's a lie.

Now this is just MORONICALLY stupid. Perhaps you're just confused; but clearly, you're someone who doesn't understand how Science and the Scientific Method work. That's the only explanation for saying something so ridiculous.

YES...."true Science" does change....all the time. That's the basis of (LITERALLY) EVERY new discovery or advancement in the history of the world. What does NOT change is the PROCESS by which what you call "true Science" is determined. It's the PROCESS that establishes Scientific consensus....and it's the PROCESS by which that consensus evolves, or changes.

:ROFLMAO:...hardly.

Your rationale, as stated above, is just an example of a confused CONSERVATIVE IDEOLOGUE who doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

:ROFLMAO:.....so, lemme see if I understand you correctly.

Your argument is that you accept that Trump may have "believed" that he was telling the truth, so he wasn't lying......but nothing Fauci said (or, in this case, never actually said) merits the same consideration from you. Is that right?

And you have the temerity to start a thread to complain about "leftists"???

....only in the mind of a Trump acolyte.:ROFLMAO:

Opinions that have no basis in objective, provable FACTS.....and/or which have been objectivably disproved......become LIES when they are repeated in the face of those facts and/or discrediting evidence.

You're entitled to the "in my opinion" excuse once. After that, clinging to a baseless, discredited opinion is called LYING. Trump (and his acolytes) quickly learned that there was ZERO evidence in support of Trump's crowd size assertion....and a mountain of objective evidence against it. So, the "in his opinion" excuse is not valid.

Trump is the LYINGEST POTUS in history, and it's not even close. Everyone one of his 30,000-plus LIES, have been documented.

Trump told more LIES in his first month in office, than Obama told in 8 years in the office.
I know the posters who posted are far left.
Here is a link where Fausti claimed to be Mr. Science. Why is it you didn't know this? Are you badly unread?
Science doesn't change in a month. Opinions do.
I gave you chapter and verse of where Fauci ADMITTED to lying. Do you not read my post?
Trump hasn't lied and I ask you to prove he did and it wasn't his opinion or take on something
The left just regurgitates MSM. That's how millions of you were duped into believing Trump colluded.

It's sad when people are still this genuinely pissed off over what someone said in March of 2020.

I wonder if they are equally as pissed off about this statement:

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Or this one:

“We're going very substantially down, not up.”
They aren't pissed, they just have absolutely zero facts to support their beliefs, have no argument, so all they have is what Fox news has taught them to do, lie, deflect, project, call whatever they don't like fake news.

Lie: “You are not going to believe what my top people are finding on Obama’s birth certificate!”
I think that one was true, No one believed anything his top people found.......

The American far right and those pretending to be the American far right complain about "lies."

News at eleven.
It’s a nice counter piece to the Democrats faux outrage over the lies they react to. Somethings gotta eat up the time between weather and sports

The line "true science never changes" has to be one of the most unintentionally hilarious lines I've ever read. :ROFLMAO:
IMHO it's just ahead of "the science is settled".

Here is a link where Fausti claimed to be Mr. Science. Why is it you didn't know this? Are you badly unread?
I gave you chapter and verse of where Fauci ADMITTED to lying. Do you not read my post?
Trump hasn't lied and I ask you to prove he did and it wasn't his opinion or take on something
The left just regurgitates MSM. That's how millions of you were duped into believing Trump colluded.

Welovetrump.com yea you are a genius.

According to whom? You?

Who are these "far left" posters, and what exactly did they say?

:rolleyes:...you're joking, right?

Did you actually watch the video clip?

Fauci didn't claim to be "Mr Science". He said, as part of a long response, that he understands why he is a target of the anti-Science, anti-intellectual FAR RIGHT movement in this country. He understands that they attack him because he"represent(s) Science", and it's easier to attack, smear, defame, etc a man, than to attack the entire fields of Science/Medicine. He understands that he's just the most convenient symbol for the anti-intellectuals to attack.
WRONG. Just stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

Again, you really don't know WTF you're talking about.

Science "changes" when new, objective, verified, reproducible Science dictates a change from a previously understand/accepted consensus.

And that happens all the time.
I gave you chapter and verse of where Fauci ADMITTED to lying.
:ROFLMAO:....No, you gave me a quote of Fauci LITERALLY explaining the exact opposite of what you claimed (i.e. LIED) that he said.

You have strong opinions, feelings and emotions...but you must not have much of an education. That's the only plausible explanation for what you're doing here.
Do you not read my post?
Do you not UNDERSTAND your own video link?

[That's a rhetorical question, as, clearly, you don't]

:ROFLMAO:....the words of a truly delusional Trump acolyte.

Analysis: Trump's False or Misleading Statement Total 30,573 Over 4 Years
When The Washington Post Fact Checker team first started cataloguing President Donald Trump’s false or misleading claims, we recorded 492 suspect claims in the first 100 days of his presidency. On Nov. 2 alone, the day before the 2020 vote, Trump made 503 false or misleading claims as he barnstormed across the country in a desperate effort to win reelection.

This astonishing jump in falsehoods is the story of Trump’s tumultuous reign. By the end of his term, Trump had accumulated 30,573 untruths during his presidency — averaging about 21 erroneous claims a day.
What is especially striking is how the tsunami of untruths kept rising the longer he served as president and became increasingly unmoored from the truth.

Trump averaged about six claims a day in his first year as president, 16 claims day in his second year, 22 claims day in this third year — and 39 claims a day in his final year. Put another way, it took him 27 months to reach 10,000 claims and an additional 14 months to reach 20,000. He then exceeded the 30,000 mark less than five months later.

Fact Checker Data Base: Trump Lies
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?itid=lk_inline_manual_11

Recently, at least three people, all of them known leftists, have contended certain things are "lies" and similar statements by known members of their side that are actually lies are ignored. I wouldn't make this OP if I wasn't flabbergasted at the apparent and obvious disconnect of many here and in the media as to what a lie is. I use the example of Dr, Fauci, who claims he is "Mr. Science" who intentionally and knowingly lied in March of 2020 when he said, "Masks do not provide the protection that people think they do and MAY stop only a few droplets." Many here have said "The science changed" when their people are caught in huge mistakes and falsehoods but true science never changes. Fake science does. We could chalk up his March of 2020 comment as a mistake IOF he didn't say a month later that he was worried about a run on medical masks leaving a shortage of masks for the medical community. This admission is him proving that he intentionally and knowingly lied a month earlier. Not only that, his lie jeopardized the lives of all of America because people did NOT wear masks for an entire month. In any event, this example is what a REAL lie is.

Contrast this with what liberals contend are lies by Trump where he said his crowd size was bigger than Obama's and they show pictures showing a smaller crowd size. Firstly the pictures may not have shown the full view or they could have been taken before all the people arrived at Trump's rally. In any event, there is no way to know if Trump had seen the pictures or made a headcount and Trump was just of the belief that his crowd size was larger. This statement of Trump is not a "lie", There were other equally vague examples involving Trump that the posters contend were lies and they are all the same. His OPINIONS and conjectures and beliefs are called "lies".

The same holds true with other conservatives the left hates. their opinions are called "lies" but those on the left who lie as I showed in the example of Fauci are ignored. So, I am wondering what criteria and proof the left accepts as being a lie.
In bold above an utter and complete LIE if there ever was one. The products of true science always "change". That is why its called SCIENCE. A normal product of science is refined information. Another product of SCIENCE is improved scientific technique.

"Science never changes" I never heard anything so absurd in my entire life.

When you have to use Rand as “your guy” just stop right there. Dude is a certified kook.

They aren't pissed, they just have absolutely zero facts to support their beliefs, have no argument, so all they have is what Fox news has taught them to do, lie, deflect, project, call whatever they don't like fake news.
Fausti lied and people died. Trump THOUGHT the virus was under control because he listened to IDIOTS like Fausti who said "It will take 15 days to bend the curve" and that is why Trump said what he said. He believed the idiot who thinks he is Mr. Science.

According to whom? You?

Who are these "far left" posters, and what exactly did they say?

:rolleyes:...you're joking, right?

Did you actually watch the video clip?

Fauci didn't claim to be "Mr Science". He said, as part of a long response, that he understands why he is a target of the anti-Science, anti-intellectual FAR RIGHT movement in this country. He understands that they attack him because he"represent(s) Science", and it's easier to attack, smear, defame, etc a man, than to attack the entire fields of Science/Medicine. He understands that he's just the most convenient symbol for the anti-intellectuals to attack.

WRONG. Just stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

Again, you really don't know WTF you're talking about.

Science "changes" when new, objective, verified, reproducible Science dictates a change from a previously understand/accepted consensus.

And that happens all the time.

:ROFLMAO:....No, you gave me a quote of Fauci LITERALLY explaining the exact opposite of what you claimed (i.e. LIED) that he said.

You have strong opinions, feelings and emotions...but you must not have much of an education. That's the only plausible explanation for what you're doing here.

Do you not UNDERSTAND your own video link?

[That's a rhetorical question, as, clearly, you don't]

:ROFLMAO:....the words of a truly delusional Trump acolyte.

Analysis: Trump's False or Misleading Statement Total 30,573 Over 4 Years

Fact Checker Data Base: Trump Lies
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?itid=lk_inline_manual_11
When someone claims that science changed in a month and ignores the fact that Fauci said nothing of the kind but that he was LYING to save a run on masks, I can no longer respond to and will ignore all future posts until you admit that Fauci never said or implied that science had changed but that he lied to save a run on masks. I find you highly devious and disingenuous.

Back
Top Bottom