• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Some here appear to not know what a lie is

When my wife was pregnant I told her that her butt didn't get bigger.

And I'm alive today.

So, he didn't say that?
Stop....all we had to read is "true science never changes". Any offering that includes those words does not deserve to be considered as serious. In fact an OP like that should come with a WARNING LABEL and every other post from the OP should come with a WARNING LABEL.

In bold above an utter and complete LIE if there ever was one. The products of true science always "change". That is why its called SCIENCE. A normal product of science is refined information. Another product of SCIENCE is improved scientific technique.

"Science never changes" I never heard anything so absurd in my entire life.
If it changes, it was WRONG and not science. It was opinion, conjecture, junk research, musings, hypotheticals. You folks just want to believe the junk "science" of the Faucis of the world because he is one of yours. He flies by the seat of his pants and changes the "science" more than Joe Biden changes his story about how come there are pictures of him golfing with the heads of Burisma.

Stop....all we had to read is "true science never changes". Any offering that includes those words does not deserve to be considered as serious. In fact an OP like that should come with a WARNING LABEL and every other post from the OP should come with a WARNING LABEL.
You're wrong. See my post above. Once a premise is found to be wrong, it is no longer science. It is junk, speculation, and opinions.

This is what we have today. People with agendas posting junk and we call it "science" because those people claim "I am the science". They have no peer reviews, no backup. Just their ignorant opinions and the left follows them like lapdogs and says "Yas massa. I will wear a mask even though you said it was "science" in March that they don't work"

You're wrong. See my post above. Once a premise is found to be wrong, it is no longer science. It is junk, speculation, and opinions.

This is what we have today. People with agendas posting junk and we call it "science" because those people claim "I am the science". They have no peer reviews, no backup. Just their ignorant opinions and the left follows them like lapdogs and says "Yas massa. I will wear a mask even though you said it was "science" in March that they don't work"

If this were true you would want him as your President

If this were true you would want him as your President
It was Fausti!! Not Trump. Get off the TDS. Fausto said in March of 2020 that masks don't work.

I will never click that link
No need to. here are his actual words

“Anybody who’s looking at this carefully realizes that there’s a distinct anti-science flavor to this, so if they get up and criticize science, nobody’s going to know what they’re talking about,” Fauci said. “But if they get up and really aim their bullets at Tony Fauci, well people can recognize that there’s a person there, so it’s easy to criticize, but they’re really criticizing science because I represent science.”

AKA: MR. Science, Fausti, Idiot, moron, pretender

It was Fausti!! Not Trump. Get off the TDS. Fausto said in March of 2020 that masks don't work.

That is my point you love guys who constantly lie and cheat.

Recently, at least three people, all of them known leftists, have contended certain things are "lies" and similar statements by known members of their side that are actually lies are ignored. I wouldn't make this OP if I wasn't flabbergasted at the apparent and obvious disconnect of many here and in the media as to what a lie is. I use the example of Dr, Fauci, who claims he is "Mr. Science" who intentionally and knowingly lied in March of 2020 when he said, "Masks do not provide the protection that people think they do and MAY stop only a few droplets." Many here have said "The science changed" when their people are caught in huge mistakes and falsehoods but true science never changes. Fake science does. We could chalk up his March of 2020 comment as a mistake IOF he didn't say a month later that he was worried about a run on medical masks leaving a shortage of masks for the medical community. This admission is him proving that he intentionally and knowingly lied a month earlier. Not only that, his lie jeopardized the lives of all of America because people did NOT wear masks for an entire month. In any event, this example is what a REAL lie is.

Contrast this with what liberals contend are lies by Trump where he said his crowd size was bigger than Obama's and they show pictures showing a smaller crowd size. Firstly the pictures may not have shown the full view or they could have been taken before all the people arrived at Trump's rally. In any event, there is no way to know if Trump had seen the pictures or made a headcount and Trump was just of the belief that his crowd size was larger. This statement of Trump is not a "lie", There were other equally vague examples involving Trump that the posters contend were lies and they are all the same. His OPINIONS and conjectures and beliefs are called "lies".

The same holds true with other conservatives the left hates. their opinions are called "lies" but those on the left who lie as I showed in the example of Fauci are ignored. So, I am wondering what criteria and proof the left accepts as being a lie.
A lie is kinda like, saying your gonna do a thing, and then not do it.

Like, saying you're going to leave DP, and then when called out on it, not doing it.

Eh. More of a broken promise, I guess. Which, in my book, is the same as lying, eh?

Because he’s honest and smart.
15 days to bend the curve
Masks may stop just a few droplets but don't provide the level of protection needed
I said that to save a run on hospital masks
Now, wear TWO masks
China doesn't need to be locked down
I am the "science"

So lets cut to the chase here. It appears from the string of whacko posts I have seen in this thread that somebody has a hair across his ass about what Fauci said and when he said it regarding masks. Masks are of course part of PPE.

If we remember the time frame in question, if there was one thing that was made evident to all, it was that we did not have enough PPE. Now what does that actually mean from the perspective of Public Heath officials. Well what it means is that they immediately exercise statistical modeling (yes folks, another SCIENCE) in order to try to understand under what circumstances the lack of PPE becomes critical to the country's healthcare delivery system because the country's healthcare delivery system is more a part of their charter than my specific health or your specific health will ever be.

For all of us that want to believe that Public Heath is about your health and mine, I got news for you. ITS NOT, not directly. If the statistical models they had were telling them that there were realistic chances of crashing the healthcare delivery system in this country, the PRIME DIRECTIVE would not be you and me and our heath specifically. The PRIME DIRECTIVE would be "do not risk the country's healthcare delivery system". Because if you crash the country's healthcare delivery system you not only have the deaths caused directly by the virus. You now have a cascading set of healthcare system dynamics that are a disaster. You have the deaths caused directly by the virus and then you have the death and illness both to patients with all sorts of ailments that are now lacking proper treatment and death and illness to healthcare professionals themselves and first responders.

Based on the reporting at the time, do we not understand that there was considerable concern within Public Health for the integrity of the Healthcare Delivery System? We should. If we don't then we are uninformed AT BEST. There was considerable reporting at the time that Healthcare Professionals were reusing PPE including masks that were actually designed as single use tools. They were reusing them multiple times for that matter.

So maybe, MAYBE Fauci did lie or at least shaded the truth trying to preserve PPE for use by Healthcare Professionals functioning within the Healthcare delivery system. If he did lie, I am willing to accept based on his long history in Public Health that his primary considerations were on protecting the country's Healthcare delivery system which we knew to be in trouble even without the statistical modeling that we should have known NIH, Fauci and the rest of Public Health had.

Hence, you can take it for granted that the genesis of the whacko posts in this thread spring from a lack of understanding for Science, a lack of understanding for what Public Health actually does in this country and an extreme desire to use bullshit, misconception and propaganda to criticize Fauci.

OMG! One of the first posters proves the correctness of my OP. Here you are saying you KNOW Fauci lied but it's OK because he LIED to protect the supply issue. Do you realize the magnitude of Fauci's lie because he knew he was lying (it wasn't a mistake) and he endangered hundreds of thousands of people by not being truthful and saying, "Look, America, I know you are concerned and want protection but the medical community needs the medical masks. In the interim, cloth masks are just fine." Instead, he LIED and said essentially that maks do NOT work. We know trhat a month later he admitted his lie and doubled down on masks thereafter at least a hundred times.

So, your post is exactly what I mean with this OP. Trump THOUGHT his crowd size was larger than Obama's and said so. there is not a scintilla of evidence that he made a headcount or saw pictures and there is no evidence of Trump's crowd having been larger as more people arrived. In any event, his opinion of cro2wd size means nothing to America. It just peeves the leftists at CNN and MSNBC and the leftists regurgitate their claims.

On the one hand, Fauci (their darling) LIES and admits it and endangers lives and this is OK
Trump thinks his crowd size was bigger than Obamas and the left goes absolutely berserk.

Trump's statement was not a lie unless he said after he viewed many films at all times of the day and counted the people and KNEW his crowd size was smaller and still said it was bigger.

PS. Thanks for confirming my OP in just the third post here.
@Paradoxical, Trump and his mouthpiece Sean Spicer did indeed lie about crowd size. Facts played no part in it. Besides pictures which were carefully compared via angle and times, " The Washington-area transit authority, WMATA, reported that only 193,000 people rode Metro on Friday as of 11 am, significantly fewer than the past two inaugurations and slightly fewer than President George W. Bush’s inauguration in 2005"*

Spicer even admitted later that he regretted it. "There were times where I screwed up, there’s no question about it,” he told conservative commentator S.E. Cupp during an interview set to air on her HLN show Thursday evening. “The inauguration, you brought it up,” Spicer said when asked to name examples of a moment he regretted.

As for Fauci, yes he lied when he said masks wouldn't make much difference, but he later admitted he said it 1) because medical workers needed the limited supply, and 2) "we were not aware that 40 to 45% of people were asymptomatic, nor were we aware that a substantial proportion of people who get infected get infected from people who are without symptoms. That makes it overwhelmingly important for everyone to wear a mask.”

It's pretty interesting that you feel the need to dig into such old history today. But you're as wrong now as you were then.

@Paradoxical, Trump and his mouthpiece Sean Spicer did indeed lie about crowd size. Facts played no part in it. Besides pictures which were carefully compared via angle and times, " The Washington-area transit authority, WMATA, reported that only 193,000 people rode Metro on Friday as of 11 am, significantly fewer than the past two inaugurations and slightly fewer than President George W. Bush’s inauguration in 2005"*

Spicer even admitted later that he regretted it. "There were times where I screwed up, there’s no question about it,” he told conservative commentator S.E. Cupp during an interview set to air on her HLN show Thursday evening. “The inauguration, you brought it up,” Spicer said when asked to name examples of a moment he regretted.

As for Fauci, yes he lied when he said masks wouldn't make much difference, but he later admitted he said it 1) because medical workers needed the limited supply, and 2) "we were not aware that 40 to 45% of people were asymptomatic, nor were we aware that a substantial proportion of people who get infected get infected from people who are without symptoms. That makes it overwhelmingly important for everyone to wear a mask.”

It's pretty interesting that you feel the need to dig into such old history today. But you're as wrong now as you were then.
Let's take your CLAIMS one by one. Firstly, the claim by the left was that TRUMP lied about the crowd size....NOT Spicer and yet you post your rebuttal from Spicer who says he "screwed up". Your p[ost here PROVES you and others who say TRUMP lied do not know what you're talking about when it comes to a lie and for some unfathomable reason do not know what a lie is. I find this amazing. I "screwed up' is not a lie. he didn't say he lied....he said he screwed up, AKA a mistake.

As for me dredging old stuff up, this was number one on the list of Trump "lies" by another poster and has been number one by the leftists for a year now and they don't have a clue as to what a lie is.

Fauci never said during the initial interview anything about wanting to preserve masks for the medical community. He flat out said masks are useless. In the subsequent do-over interview (which the CNN piece does not include) he never said there was any new science at all. He was just trying to save face and backtrack from a REAL lie and this bit about "We were not aware that 40 to 45% of people were asymptomatic, nor were we aware that a substantial proportion of people who get infected get infected from people who are without symptoms. That makes it overwhelmingly important for everyone to wear a mask.” is absolute hogwash because firstly he never says when he became aware of this and how, who told him, and why people with no symptoms make masks "effective" when weeks before he said they may stop just a few droplets. So, people are asymptomatic and that means "masks work now" but they didn't the last month?

Further, this is completely irrelevant to the debate because he admits that last month he wasn't aware of this asymptomatic garbage argument. Therefore, when he said masks may stop just a few droplets NOTHING changed at all with regard to masks stopping droplets and he admits the reason he said they aren't needed was to save masks for the medical community. So, what was it? He was saving masks for the medical community or he was unaware of 40-50% of the people being asymptomatic? It can't be both. Therefore, in March, it was an admitted lie because he stated he did so ONLY to save a run on masks.

To the educated and informed and conserc=vatives, his LIE is crystal clear and a lie is knowingly giving false information. It is not "I screwed up and made a mistake"

I am greatly dismayed that I have to go to such lengths to teach the leftwing posters here. The public skools must be really horrendous nowadays.

Recently, at least three people, all of them known leftists, have contended certain things are "lies" and similar statements by known members of their side that are actually lies are ignored. I wouldn't make this OP if I wasn't flabbergasted at the apparent and obvious disconnect of many here and in the media as to what a lie is. I use the example of Dr, Fauci, who claims he is "Mr. Science" who intentionally and knowingly lied in March of 2020 when he said, "Masks do not provide the protection that people think they do and MAY stop only a few droplets." Many here have said "The science changed" when their people are caught in huge mistakes and falsehoods but true science never changes. Fake science does. We could chalk up his March of 2020 comment as a mistake IOF he didn't say a month later that he was worried about a run on medical masks leaving a shortage of masks for the medical community. This admission is him proving that he intentionally and knowingly lied a month earlier. Not only that, his lie jeopardized the lives of all of America because people did NOT wear masks for an entire month. In any event, this example is what a REAL lie is.

Contrast this with what liberals contend are lies by Trump where he said his crowd size was bigger than Obama's and they show pictures showing a smaller crowd size. Firstly the pictures may not have shown the full view or they could have been taken before all the people arrived at Trump's rally. In any event, there is no way to know if Trump had seen the pictures or made a headcount and Trump was just of the belief that his crowd size was larger. This statement of Trump is not a "lie", There were other equally vague examples involving Trump that the posters contend were lies and they are all the same. His OPINIONS and conjectures and beliefs are called "lies".

The same holds true with other conservatives the left hates. their opinions are called "lies" but those on the left who lie as I showed in the example of Fauci are ignored. So, I am wondering what criteria and proof the left accepts as being a lie.
We fully understand that you don't believe you're lying. Being a Trumpster is a sick religion for you all.

You just "believe", no matter what.

15 days to bend the curve
Masks may stop just a few droplets but don't provide the level of protection needed
I said that to save a run on hospital masks
Now, wear TWO masks
China doesn't need to be locked down
I am the "science"

In your simplistic and biased opinion, you think Fauci sat in room by himself and came up with all of your bs listed above? What would he gain? What was his motive?

You realize Fauci has been a sought after man since the 80’s, he could have taken a huge payday then.

Let's take your CLAIMS one by one. Firstly, the claim by the left was that TRUMP lied about the crowd size....NOT Spicer and yet you post your rebuttal from Spicer who says he "screwed up". Your p[ost here PROVES you and others who say TRUMP lied do not know what you're talking about when it comes to a lie and for some unfathomable reason do not know what a lie is. I find this amazing. I "screwed up' is not a lie. he didn't say he lied....he said he screwed up, AKA a mistake.
Trump said it too. It's in here.

But don't tell me it wasn't Trump's idea for Sean Spicer to go out there and lie to our faces. And as Trump continued to insist, it was the biggest audience EVER.

As for me dredging old stuff up, this was number one on the list of Trump "lies" by another poster and has been number one by the leftists for a year now and they don't have a clue as to what a lie is.
Excuse me then; I wasn't aware of that conversation.

Fauci never said during the initial interview anything about wanting to preserve masks for the medical community. He flat out said masks are useless. In the subsequent do-over interview (which the CNN piece does not include) he never said there was any new science at all. He was just trying to save face and backtrack from a REAL lie and this bit about "We were not aware that 40 to 45% of people were asymptomatic, nor were we aware that a substantial proportion of people who get infected get infected from people who are without symptoms. That makes it overwhelmingly important for everyone to wear a mask.” is absolute hogwash because firstly he never says when he became aware of this and how, who told him, and why people with no symptoms make masks "effective" when weeks before he said they may stop just a few droplets. So, people are asymptomatic and that means "masks work now" but they didn't the last month?
I already said he lied. Then he honestly admitted it. Why do you continue belaboring the point?
CNN didn't make up Fauci's words. He explained his reasoning. You don't like it, fine.

In your simplistic and biased opinion, you think Fauci sat in room by himself and came up with all of your bs listed above? What would he gain? What was his motive?

You realize Fauci has been a sought after man since the 80’s, he could have taken a huge payday then.
You and like minded reasonable people need to give up the argument and appreciate that people who likely never went past 8th grad biology have no idea what the "scientific process" means. They don't know that being incorrect is not a failure, or an example of being clueless, but a learning opportunity. Recognizing the myriad of possibilities, and the frequency of misses is what the process is about. To the uninformed and uneducated, it is a sign of weakness.
So just give up. Nothing you say can educate the willfully uneducated.

We fully understand that you don't believe you're lying. Being a Trumpster is a sick religion for you all.

You just "believe", no matter what.
Yet another and unknown poster who I have never seen before chiming in with nonsense. No facts, Just slurs. Typical leftie.

Sought after? By who? He was an unknown and is basking in his glorious 15 minutes of fame. Funny you pick admitted liars to adore and genuflect to.

Trump said it too. It's in here.

But don't tell me it wasn't Trump's idea for Sean Spicer to go out there and lie to our faces. And as Trump continued to insist, it was the biggest audience EVER.

Excuse me then; I wasn't aware of that conversation.

I already said he lied. Then he honestly admitted it. Why do you continue belaboring the point?
CNN didn't make up Fauci's words. He explained his reasoning. You don't like it, fine.

thank you for admitting Fauci lied and endag=ngered millions of lives of common citizens instead of telling the truth.

A sure sign of character, eh?

That's all I need. You KNOLW what a lie is and what a mistake is and are feigning ignorance,

thank you for admitting Fauci lied and endag=ngered millions of lives of common citizens instead of telling the truth.

A sure sign of character, eh?

That's all I need. You KNOLW what a lie is and what a mistake is and are feigning ignorance,
Have a nice night.

Sought after? By who? He was an unknown and is basking in his glorious 15 minutes of fame. Funny you pick admitted liars to adore and genuflect to.

Reading comprehension is a constant issue for you. Re-read it, stop think then type. Do you know or understand anything about Fauci before you decided to make him your enemy?

Back
Top Bottom