• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So who are you going to vote for in November?

Who will you vote for?

• Clinton

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Trump

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • 3rd party

Votes: 31 32.6%

• Total voters
Yeah, I chose Trump in the poll because I figured "3rd party" was the big winner, followed by Clinton. I have no intention of voting; I've never voted, and don't want to end the streak on this field. I would have voted for Cruz, though. Oh well. Voting is civic duty for people bad at math.

For the first time since 1976, I will just stay home on election day.

I would except that I can't stomach the Democratic contenders for the races here. But I do know this - I won't be using my magic marker to color in the circles near the names "Donald Trump" nor "Hillary Clinton". Things will suck when either of them takes office, but I'll be able to live with myself.

I completely agree that this should be public. I want to see those righties who have been dissing Trump crawl on glass telling us how we have to save the Supreme Court from Clinton and how they now will support the Donald. As if all these months anybody with a brain doubted that would be their fall back position all along and it surprises nobody.

My favorite are the self proclaimed LIBERTARIANS who always find a way to pull the REPUBLICAN lever when it counts. Its like somebody who pretends to be a vegetarian but manages to eat the steak and lobster dinner when it is placed before them.

As a vegetarian I can't agree with this analogy. Vegetarian means you won't eat that steak no matter what. Libertarian is like conservative - it's more of an ideal than a political party. You can still be a Libertarian and vote for a candidate from the major parties.

As a vegetarian I can't agree with this analogy. Vegetarian means you won't eat that steak no matter what. Libertarian is like conservative - it's more of an ideal than a political party. You can still be a Libertarian and vote for a candidate from the major parties.

Sure you can ... if you are a political hypocrite.

Sure you can ... if you are a political hypocrite.

Clearly you don't know what libertarianism is. It's a political philosophy with liberty as the primary objective. You seem to confuse it with the party called "Libertarian Party". The word libertarian was first used before 1800. The term was first used in this country in opposition to FDR's self-proclaimed "liberalism". The party has only been around since the early 1970s.

LOTs of the people who are saying that they will vote third Party instead of for Hillary will actually vote for Hillary and will continue to "say" that they voted third Party. JMHO.

LOTs of the people who are saying that they will vote third Party instead of for Hillary will actually vote for Hillary and will continue to "say" that they voted third Party. JMHO.
And you know that...how?

I bet more of those 3rd party votes on this poll will eventually vote for trump rather than hillary. Their wounds are just too fresh right now from the Cruz defeat.

I think he's right. I'm convinced that half the people on the internet lie. I just can't tell which ones are the posers.

Not to mention a decent chunk of them who are actual propagandists..

I bet more of those 3rd party votes on this poll will eventually vote for trump rather than hillary. Their wounds are just too fresh right now from the Cruz defeat.

Just look at that face on your avatar. Not many Americans would be willing to give the nuclear launch codes to someone who looks that unstable. :screwy

Not many Americans would be willing to give the nuclear launch codes to someone who looks that unstable. :screwy

Orly? Then where did his record amount of votes come from?

Clearly you don't know what libertarianism is. It's a political philosophy with liberty as the primary objective. You seem to confuse it with the party called "Libertarian Party". The word libertarian was first used before 1800. The term was first used in this country in opposition to FDR's self-proclaimed "liberalism". The party has only been around since the early 1970s.

Its whatever the true believer claims it to be on that day at that time for that purpose.

I'll either vote for 3rd party, write in, or no one. I can't stand Trump or Clinton.

Just look at that face on your avatar. Not many Americans would be willing to give the nuclear launch codes to someone who looks that unstable. :screwy

I think Trump is a shrewd businessman and understands risk and probability pretty well and understands he is inexperienced.

I'm tired of hearing people say, Trump says this Trump says that. So what what Trump says he's only the President. You never stopped to listen to your President before. Lets hope though that he does the politician thing and says one thing and does another.

Trump sounded really good in his interviews on cable tonight except when he said he really wanted to keep Muslim immigrants out and deport people.

Can I ask what the functional difference is between voting third party and staying home?

Meaningless protest. A 3rd party vote is meaningless protest.

Trump is going to need all the votes he can get, and even then he probably won't carry enough swing states.

He might even lose Texas -- it has a lot of Latinos.

Its whatever the true believer claims it to be on that day at that time for that purpose.

Like I said, you don't know what it is. But I'm not interested in arguing about libertarians in a thread about the November election.

Like I said, you don't know what it is. But I'm not interested in arguing about libertarians in a thread about the November election.

We need a third Party debate right now.

I was being metaphorical. On one hand I "get" the idea behind voting third party. If one were forced to vote between Hitler and Stalin, I can certainly understand feeling as though your values weren't being properly represented.

But on the other hand the adult world is often defined by being faced with two terrible choices and having to pick the less crappier one.

This. In the child world, when you lose, you pout and storm off. In the adult world, you lick your wounds and move on.

Clinton wins anyway -- I will vote for my computer.

I will stay home and vote (we mail in ballots here). No vote for President, and I will cast useless votes for the other offices because there's no chance in hell most of them will win.

Trump will lose anyway. His problem is too much ambition -- it would have been better for him to create a news corporation to promote strongly Conservative views, but Presidency is not for him.

Back
Top Bottom