• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So who are you going to vote for in November?

Who will you vote for?

• Clinton

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Trump

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • 3rd party

Votes: 31 32.6%

• Total voters
this forum has a high concentration of liberals and closet liberals, the fact that clinton isnt landsliding the poll is very telling for the general population.

Probably Clinton unless a rational, viable 3rd party candidate appears.

Trump will lose anyway. His problem is too much ambition -- it would have been better for him to create a news corporation to promote strongly Conservative views, but Presidency is not for him.
Why would Trump want to start a news corporation to promote strong Conservative views? It makes more sense that such a business would promote his liberal views, instead.

Why would Trump want to start a news corporation to promote strong Conservative views? It makes more sense that such a business would promote his liberal views, instead.

Can you please explain?

#NeverTrump
#NeverHillary

This election is insanity. Never once have I actually deeply despised BOTH main candidates.

Can you please explain?

:confused:

Trump wouldn't want to promote strong Conservative views - he would want to promote his own, more liberal views, instead.

#NeverTrump
#NeverHillary

This election is insanity. Never once have I actually deeply despised BOTH main candidates.

Well, think how advanced you've become. Now you don't have to be stumbling dumbly for something that let you down.

I have PhD in Math but no degree in Political Science. How is Donald Trump not conservative?

Let's see ....

He believes that he should be able to take away a private home in order to expand his business.
He believes in raising taxes on the rich.
He gave thousands of dollars to the very people who work tirelessly to thwart conservatism.
He believes the three main functions of the federal government are healthcare, education and security.
He couldn't even define conservatism as being small government, lower taxes, more freedom, but instead said, "uhhhhh... like we conserve things?"

He ain't a conservative.

I find that peoples definition of conservative varies wildly. I would think, as a self described libertarian-right, that you would be a fiscal conservative and social moderate/liberal.
But that might not be it at all.
To me Trump is reasonably conservative fiscally. I don't really concern myself with social issues I'm fairly moderate on them and feel for the most part that government has become way too involved in social issues

I have PhD in Math but no degree in Political Science. How is Donald Trump not conservative?

I have an M.A. in Political Science, let me help:

Trump is ideologically inchoate, but what philosophy he does manage to articulate is in favor of large government securing liberal ends and nationalism. He supports the liberal positions on transgender bathrooms, on Planned Parenthood, on restricting the Second Amendment, on restricting the First Amendment, on Entitlements, on Eminent Domain, on Universal Healthcare, and generally on the efficacy of having Government control us, simply with him at the helm.

He is what in modern political parlance we refer to as a "Liberal". A more accurate term might be "Nationalist Progressive", but it would be completely inaccurate to label him a "Strong Conservative".

I find that peoples definition of conservative varies wildly. I would think, as a self described libertarian-right, that you would be a fiscal conservative and social moderate/liberal.
To me Trump is reasonably conservative fiscally. I don't really concern myself with social issues I'm fairly moderate on them and feel for the most part that government has become way too involved in social issues

He wants to raise taxes on the upper income earners, explode the budget, explode the deficit, launch protectionist trade wars, add in Universal Health Coverage paid for by the US Taxpayer, and says he's looking into raising the Minimum Wage. What makes you think he is "reasonably conservative fiscally"?

this forum has a high concentration of liberals and closet liberals, the fact that clinton isnt landsliding the poll is very telling for the general population.

Personally I have no complaints about the liberal agenda other than the aversion towards guns and gun rights.

He wants to raise taxes on the upper income earners, explode the budget, explode the deficit, launch protectionist trade wars, add in Universal Health Coverage paid for by the US Taxpayer, and says he's looking into raising the Minimum Wage. What makes you think he is "reasonably conservative fiscally"?

Name a single president since Ike who has been "reasonably conservative fiscally" please.

Then prove your statement with a citation of the growth of the deficit during his term.

I have an M.A. in Political Science, let me help:

Trump is ideologically inchoate, but what philosophy he does manage to articulate is in favor of large government securing liberal ends and nationalism. He supports the liberal positions on transgender bathrooms, on Planned Parenthood, on restricting the Second Amendment, on restricting the First Amendment, on Entitlements, on Eminent Domain, on Universal Healthcare, and generally on the efficacy of having Government control us, simply with him at the helm.

He is what in modern political parlance we refer to as a "Liberal". A more accurate term might be "Nationalist Progressive", but it would be completely inaccurate to label him a "Strong Conservative".

Well my own M.S. is in something else but with 3 econ classes included -- intro, micro, and macro econ.

I just call Trump a RINO.

Don't need an M.A. nor an M.S. to figure that out.

"Conservative" is modern code for far right fringe T-party.

Cruz and Palin were both that.

It requires a frontal lobotomy. You should be able to see the scar.

Let's see ....

He believes that he should be able to take away a private home in order to expand his business.
He believes in raising taxes on the rich.
He gave thousands of dollars to the very people who work tirelessly to thwart conservatism.
He believes the three main functions of the federal government are healthcare, education and security.
He couldn't even define conservatism as being small government, lower taxes, more freedom, but instead said, "uhhhhh... like we conserve things?"

Thank you. I should have taken Political Science. But he does have some very controversial views.

If 30% of Americans share his extreme views, he could built a great media corporation. But he can not be a president.

Well my own M.S. is in something else but with 3 econ classes included -- intro, micro, and macro econ.

I just call Trump a RINO.

Don't need an M.A. nor an M.S. to figure that out.

Agreed - All you need to figure that out is 4th Grade reading comprehension.

He supports the liberal positions on ... restricting the Second Amendment.

Nugent writes: "Donald Trump is the hellraiser America has needed for a very long time. He and Ted Cruz may be the only hope to end the criminal jihad on America by our own corrupt punkass government, media and bigBiz goons. Are there enough Americans smart enough to end the nightmare? It is up to us, WE THE PEOPLE to make certain everyone in our lives is awakened to their WE THE PEOPLE responsibilities and stop the America hating devil democrats. MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

At this time I do not endorse Donald Trump anymore than I endorse Ted Cruz as I admire both gentlemen. But these points are SO damn special!
Obama is against Trump
The Media is against Trump
The establishment Democrats are against Trump
The establishment Republicans are against Trump
The Pope is against Trump
The UN is against Trump
The EU is against Trump
China is against Trump
Mexico is against Trump
Soros is against Trump
Black Lives Matter is against Trump
MoveOn.Org is against Trump
Koch Bro’s are against Trump
Hateful, racist, violent Liberals are against Trump

Bonus points

Cher says she will leave the country
Mylie Cyrus says she will leave the country
Whoopi says she will leave the country
Rosie says she will leave the country
Al Sharpton says he will leave the country
Gov. Brown says California will build a wall
Sounds like the kinda president the US needs!

HELL YEAH!

Ted Nugent: "Donald Trump Is As Close To Ted Nugent As You Are Going To Get In Politics"

Ted Nugent: NRA Board Member

Thank you. I should have taken Political Science. But he does have some very controversial views.

He is more controversial than his views are. If you took him out of his body and presented them without the crudeness, the crassness, the tendency to adopt conspiracy theories, or the intellectual shallowness, people would just say "Oh, that must be Hillary Clinton tacking back towards the middle for the General".

If 30% of Americans share his extreme views, he could built a great media corporation. But he can not be a president.

We already have MSNBC.

Nugent writes: "Donald Trump is the hellraiser America has needed for a very long time. He and Ted Cruz may be the only hope to end the criminal jihad on America by our own corrupt punkass government, media and bigBiz goons. Are there enough Americans smart enough to end the nightmare? It is up to us, WE THE PEOPLE to make certain everyone in our lives is awakened to their WE THE PEOPLE responsibilities and stop the America hating devil democrats. MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

At this time I do not endorse Donald Trump anymore than I endorse Ted Cruz as I admire both gentlemen. But these points are SO damn special!
Obama is against Trump
The Media is against Trump
The establishment Democrats are against Trump
The establishment Republicans are against Trump
The Pope is against Trump
The UN is against Trump
The EU is against Trump
China is against Trump
Mexico is against Trump
Soros is against Trump
Black Lives Matter is against Trump
MoveOn.Org is against Trump
Koch Bro’s are against Trump
Hateful, racist, violent Liberals are against Trump

Bonus points

Cher says she will leave the country
Mylie Cyrus says she will leave the country
Whoopi says she will leave the country
Rosie says she will leave the country
Al Sharpton says he will leave the country
Gov. Brown says California will build a wall
Sounds like the kinda president the US needs!

HELL YEAH!

Ted Nugent: "Donald Trump Is As Close To Ted Nugent As You Are Going To Get In Politics"

Ted Nugent: NRA Board Member

:yawn: I'm too polite and respectful to ever tell him to his face, but chain emails from my elderly, paranoid father in law bore me.

Last edited:
Agreed - All you need to figure that out is 4th Grade reading comprehension.

I would say high school senior at least.

College freshman plebe after they have taken their US History humanities requirement.

Not only 4th grade.

Then there is also the difference between inner city public school, suburban public school, and Catholic private school. Big difference there too.

Back
Top Bottom