• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So who are you going to vote for in November?

Who will you vote for?

• Clinton

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Trump

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • 3rd party

Votes: 31 32.6%

• Total voters
buy from other suppliers-that's called retaliation

Ok, fact is we have over $500 billion trade deficit with them every year. We could stop all trade to and from them and be $500 billion less poor every year.

Most of the stuff we get from them is trash anyway, crap built with planned obsolescence so we have to throw it away and buy another. Or just crap we loose interest in soon and throw away.

They are raping us, we need to stop it. We do not need them, they need us..

Ok, fact is we have over $500 billion trade deficit with them every year. We could stop all trade to and from them and be $500 billion less poor every year.

Most of the stuff we get from them is trash anyway, crap built with planned obsolescence so we have to throw it away and buy another. Or just crap we loose interest in soon and throw away.

They are raping us, we need to stop it. We do not need them, they need us..

you gonna convince middle America and Lower class America to stop buying stuff from Walmart etc? I buy a lot of stuff from Harbor Freight because its works and its cheaper. some tools I need I will only buy top of the line American but for some stuff-like Allen Wrenches I am going to give the youth archers I coach with the full expectation that half of them will be lost in the upcoming year-I am going to go with a 3 dollar set that works 98% as well as the 12 dollar set. and I am very well off. The average person cannot justify spending say 25 dollars on a hammer they may use once a month when the Chinese made one at HF or Walmart costs 4 dollars and works just as well for the casual user.

As I'm not an American, I don't have a horse in the race but I do understand your frustrations. If someone had told me 12 months ago that Donald Trump would win the Republican presidential nomination outright, I'd have asked them to put down the crack pipe, it really didn't seem possible. I've seen more changes of profile leans from conservative to independent here in the last 24 hours than I can keep count of. That's telling in itself.

People now need to vote with their conscience and vote for the party that actually best fits their beliefs and ideals, irrespective of whether or not someone considers it a "wasted" vote by voting Third Party. It will make a definite statement, both to the Republican and Democratic parties and if third parties receive a sufficient proportion of the vote, they will have to begin to modify their platforms. I'd rather vote for something I want and not get it than vote for something I don't want and get it. I just can't accept that voting for your best choice is a waste. Why should you roll over and settle for second best. The only way you don't waste your vote is to vote for who best represents your own views. If you vote for someone else's idea of what represents them and ignore your own then you have silenced your own ideals.

Don't vote for the likely winner simply because they will probably win. How is that democracy? When do you get to voice your opinion? If people keep voting for the lesser of two evils then you will always have evil, and you will always have less.

Not to mention China's terrible human rights record. They are tearing down Christian crosses across their country right now. Dissapearing people, harvesing peoples organs etc. etc. etc.

Have you ever looked into how much China pollutes the environment? Their schoos have bubbles for playgrounds and people have to wear gas masks to go outside a lot. Their rivers, lakes, and ground water is ridiculously polluted and on and on and on

We should not be supporting that

As I'm not an American, I don't have a horse in the race but I do understand your frustrations. If someone had told me 12 months ago that Donald Trump would win the Republican presidential nomination outright, I'd have asked them to put down the crack pipe, it really didn't seem possible. I've seen more changes of profile leans from conservative to independent here in the last 24 hours than I can keep count of. That's telling in itself.

People now need to vote with their conscience and vote for the party that actually best fits their beliefs and ideals, irrespective of whether or not someone considers it a "wasted" vote by voting Third Party. It will make a definite statement, both to the Republican and Democratic parties and if third parties receive a sufficient proportion of the vote, they will have to begin to modify their platforms. I'd rather vote for something I want and not get it than vote for something I don't want and get it. I just can't accept that voting for your best choice is a waste. Why should you roll over and settle for second best. The only way you don't waste your vote is to vote for who best represents your own views. If you vote for someone else's idea of what represents them and ignore your own then you have silenced your own ideals.

Don't vote for the likely winner simply because they will probably win. How is that democracy? When do you get to voice your opinion? If people keep voting for the lesser of two evils then you will always have evil, and you will always have less.

a good argument but I counter noting that if you only vote as a purist you are going to spend the rest of your life with a government run by those who vote for the better of two bad choices (for them). I heard tons of "conservatives" whine about Kagan on the Supreme court and the Obamacare ruling. and I said so you voted for Romney? and they said no-he "wasn't conservative enough" or more likely, "Mormons weren't their type of Christian"

sadly, the most important thing in elections is winning. Elections have consequences and losing them leads to bad justices among other things

you gonna convince middle America and Lower class America to stop buying stuff from Walmart etc? I buy a lot of stuff from Harbor Freight because its works and its cheaper. some tools I need I will only buy top of the line American but for some stuff-like Allen Wrenches I am going to give the youth archers I coach with the full expectation that half of them will be lost in the upcoming year-I am going to go with a 3 dollar set that works 98% as well as the 12 dollar set. and I am very well off. The average person cannot justify spending say 25 dollars on a hammer they may use once a month when the Chinese made one at HF or Walmart costs 4 dollars and works just as well for the casual user.

Double the prices of the imported ones. Then what are you going to buy?

Your either going to pay tax or buy american and give an american a job..

Double the prices of the imported ones. Then what are you going to buy?

Your either going to pay tax or buy american and give an american a job..

and what is going to happen to the goods we sell overseas?

so you want American citizens to have far less disposable income-smart thinking there

and what is going to happen to the goods we sell overseas?

so you want American citizens to have far less disposable income-smart thinking there

Money is flowing out of our country, not into it.. We need to stop the hemorrhaging somehow..

Money is flowing out of our country, not into it.. We need to stop the hemorrhaging somehow..

and killing the ability of our exporters to see stuff overseas is going to help?

you don't get that we cannot compete against third world labor when it comes to basic factory production work and consequently the products of such industry

We won't know for sure who the candidates are until after the parties hold their conventions and choose them.

Can I ask what the functional difference is between voting third party and staying home?

Yes. It's not about this election, it's about all future elections. As long as we accept the stranglehold the two major parties have on our system, they have absolutely no reason to change or bend to the will of the people. Parties should rise and fall with their actions and according to public opinion. Both parties have astronomically low approval rates yet still retain 99.9% of the power. Is that how you see a proper democracy? Voting 3rd party will get them more attention in the next election and send a message to the current establishment.

I was being metaphorical. On one hand I "get" the idea behind voting third party. If one were forced to vote between Hitler and Stalin, I can certainly understand feeling as though your values weren't being properly represented.

But on the other hand the adult world is often defined by being faced with two terrible choices and having to pick the less crappier one.

No, the adult world is filled with thousands of decisions and possibilities, and it's up to you as an adult to make the decision that best fits your beliefs. A child on the other hand sees every situation as only two options, right or wrong, black or white. Stop peddling the ridiculous myth that there is no alternative to blindly voting the lesser evil every election then wondering why nothing changes.

Last edited:
Ugh. I think I'm just gonna vote third party. If not, then I'm just gonna stay home.

I can't bring myself to vote for Trump or Clinton. They're both horrible candidates, and from what I've seen from their terribly low approval ratings, most of America thinks the same way.

We won't know for sure who the candidates are until after the parties hold their conventions and choose them.

Poor Bernie does not stand a chance -- the DNC has it all rigged for Hillary.

And Reince seems to have given up the ranch to Donald.

So I don't expect any surprises.

So you listed to the talking heads and edits and opinions instead of the platform. go read his platform.

What the hell....? CP posted Trump's own words. Did you even open a single one of his links and educated yourself?

because you aren't getting a damn thing you think you are but you aren't.
For instance , lets take a look at your first article....

Trump: You Bet I Support Raising Taxes on the Rich - Guy Benson
this article's author says --
"The nonpartisan Tax Foundation disagrees, projecting that even after applying the sort of "dynamic scoring" that accounts for GDP growth associated with tax cuts, Trump's plan would add $10 trillion to deficits."

However, if you then actually read the Tax Foundation review .. that is not at all what it says...
"However, if we account for the economic growth that the plan would produce, the plan would end up lowering revenue by $10.14 trillion over the next decade. The larger economy would increase wages, which would narrow the revenue lost through the individual income tax by about $666 billion and increase payroll tax revenues by $839 billion, with the remainder of the recouped revenue coming from other taxes."

So lets analyze this just a little.. it doesn't take much..

So Tax Foundation says 10.14 trillion of lower revenue over 10 years. Townhall guy takes that and says 10.14 trillion in 'deficits' over the next 10 years.
There is a different between reduced revenue and deficits.. you see.. if you didn't know already the term deficit assumes you continue to spend the same amount of money you were spending. which the Tax Foundation notes that that isn't taken into account.
However the Townhall author just goes ahead and makes their assumption. And we all know what they say about when people ass-u-me.

THis is why you need to read things for yourself and educuate 'your'self. for not listening to talking heads... that's really all you did.

And for the record I think his person income tax plan is mediocre.. It could and should be much better. his corp plan is good.

I've read the Tax Foundation analysis - of Trump's plan, Cruz's plan, and Rubio's plan. You are confusing "Revenues" with "Tax Rates".

Rates fluctuate wildly, Revenues as a % of GDP are more stable:

Hausers Law.jpg

That being said, for Trump, reducing revenue by $10.4 Trillion is a $10.4 Trillion increase in the deficit, because he's also unwilling to reform the largest drivers of our spending - entitlements - but rather wants to keep them on track to continue to grow in cost.

35% tax on China imports should rake in some $$ too eh?

It'll work probably about as well as the last time we tried that approach, back in 1930.

What the hell....? CP posted Trump's own words. Did you even open a single one of his links and educated yourself?

He doesn't want to educate himself. Facing the truth about the GOP nominee is an ugly, difficult thing to do for those who want to find a reason to support him :(

No, we would be many, many, many more billions more poor.

Do you have any idea what Trade is?

Hell, do you know it means that we have a trade deficit? It means that we are convincing these guys that little pieces of green paper are worth televisions.

So far Trump, never Sanders or maybe Clinton if she has better ideas than Trump.

No, we would be many, many, many more billions more poor.

Do you have any idea what Trade is?

Hell, do you know it means that we have a trade deficit? It means that we are convincing these guys that little pieces of green paper are worth televisions.

Well, it's not actually paper, we simply mark up accounts with keystrokes.

I think Trump is a shrewd businessman and understands risk and probability pretty well and understands he is inexperienced.

I'm tired of hearing people say, Trump says this Trump says that. So what what Trump says he's only the President. You never stopped to listen to your President before. Lets hope though that he does the politician thing and says one thing and does another.

Trump sounded really good in his interviews on cable tonight except when he said he really wanted to keep Muslim immigrants out and deport people.

Unfortunately, the world is full of shrewd businessmen who understand risks - and are also rather emotionally unstable.

Yes. It's not about this election, it's about all future elections. As long as we accept the stranglehold the two major parties have on our system, they have absolutely no reason to change or bend to the will of the people. Parties should rise and fall with their actions and according to public opinion. Both parties have astronomically low approval rates yet still retain 99.9% of the power. Is that how you see a proper democracy? Voting 3rd party will get them more attention in the next election and send a message to the current establishment.

Yes, I understand the symbolic value of voting third party and what that may mean for future elections.

No, the adult world is filled with thousands of decisions and possibilities, and it's up to you as an adult to make the decision that best fits your beliefs. A child on the other hand sees every situation as only two options, right or wrong, black or white. Stop peddling the ridiculous myth that there is no alternative to blindly voting the lesser evil every election then wondering why nothing changes.

In this situation, Clinton or Trump is going to be president. That's just fact.

I've read the Tax Foundation analysis - of Trump's plan, Cruz's plan, and Rubio's plan. You are confusing "Revenues" with "Tax Rates".

Rates fluctuate wildly, Revenues as a % of GDP are more stable:

View attachment 67200958

That being said, for Trump, reducing revenue by $10.4 Trillion is a $10.4 Trillion increase in the deficit, because he's also unwilling to reform the largest drivers of our spending - entitlements - but rather wants to keep them on track to continue to grow in cost.

Im not confusing rates with spending, I was simply repeating specifics from the article and the tax foundation, not my own opinion. We will see what Trump actually pushes for.
Whatever Trump pushes for congress has to go along with it. we shall see. you may be right. might not. like I said we will see. what happens. I think both he and presumptively Hillary are going to have to get a lot more specific on what they really plan on doing.

Back
Top Bottom