• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shoes off or on?

If I'm asked, I remove my shoes, but I'm rarely asked. Most of our friends have hardwood. We have carpet, and while we never ask, some of our friends do remove their shoes.

I'm one of those jerks who insist that your shoes come off when you enter my house. However I also provide guest footware....

clownshoes.gif

if i see a rack of indoor shoes at the main entrance, as in japanese homes, then it is obvious my outdoor shoes need to be removed at the doorway
otherwise, no

Everyone I know who has had a cat door says the same thing except usually what they bring in is still alive and wounded. One of the dogs does not play well with the cats so we cannot just let them roam freely in the house unless that dog is put up.

we also have a yorkie. it's like a 3 ring circus. cat #1 likes the dog but hates cats 2&3. cat 2 hates the dog and cat #1 but loves cat 3. cat 3 hates everybody. and the yorkie thinks they all should play with her.

I don't like taking my shoes off but I respect the household that request it. If you have carpeting or rugs and like to lay on them it makes sense why you wouldn't want someone's shoe bottoms on it. Imagine what they've been walking over in parking lots, store floors, driveways, office buildings, etc?

I have a friend who has a no shoe policy but his wife lets their little dogs poop and pee on pads and occasionally the floors. Absolutely revolting to walk around animal **** in your socks and makes no sense to me.

i generally keep mine on. when i finally get the floors redone, that might change.

i've only had a few friends who do the whole shoe off in the house thing. if somebody wants me to take them off, no problem, though. it's just not that common in my area.

I have a friend who has a no shoe policy but his wife lets their little dogs poop and pee on pads and occasionally the floors. Absolutely revolting to walk around animal **** in your socks and makes no sense to me.

our little dog is completely house broken, never pees or poops in the house. and we never have to worry about the occasional cat poop because the dog usually eats it before we even notice it's there ;)

our little dog is completely house broken, never pees or poops in the house. and we never have to worry about the occasional cat poop because the dog usually eats it before we even notice it's there ;)

:rofl My friend was telling me how antiseptic and clean a dog's mouth is as his crazy wife was holding their Chihuahua up in the air and licking it's tongue. I said you know that dog eats its own poop and when you kiss her now you'll be getting some by proxy. He made a face that had me in tears and told his wife "STOP that crap now!"

I have never encountered this situation!

Throughout my life, I have HAD to wear shoes. I cannot take tetanus in any way shape of form. I do not know what is on your floors for a potential puncture foot wound. If I entered a home wishing me to take my shoes off, the host/hostess would hopefully provide foot wear for me. Being shoeless would make the visit most uncomfortable, but that is my problem to deal with.

:roll:
same here. I currently have 3 cats. one we got when my son divorced and his job took him overseas, another we got from my daughter when she went to basic training and the 3rd from daughter when she went to Iraq. They all got used to being indoor/outdoor cats and could not readjust to being "apartment cats". I have a cat door and they come and go as they please. I do have a litterbox in the laundry/utility room but they hardly ever use it. Our only problem is that they like to bring in all the varmints they kill to show them off.

When they bring their treasures to show their great skill you just want to scream; however, the look on our feline baby's face is so adorable as he looks up as if to say,,"Look at what I did just for you." :roll:

i generally keep mine on. when i finally get the floors redone, that might change.

i've only had a few friends who do the whole shoe off in the house thing. if somebody wants me to take them off, no problem, though. it's just not that common in my area.

When you redo your floors either have them sealed ...or...bowling alley wax is great!

I take off my own shoes in my house because I have carpet, but I don't ask guests to do it. If my shoes are muddy or dirty, I will take them off before I go into someone else's home.

off! Grew up living on military bases and the MOD would charge you for any stains etc, its a habit now.

If I just swept the floors, then mother ****er you best take off your shoes or I swear to Jeebus...

When people come over to your house, do you ask them to take their shoes off?

When you go over to other people's houses, do you take your shoes off without being asked?

Off, exclusively. If it's a service visit, then I offer them booties.

I take off my own shoes in my house because I have carpet, but I don't ask guests to do it. If my shoes are muddy or dirty, I will take them off before I go into someone else's home.

Yeah, my floors are mostly tile so unless you're wearing ice skates I really could care less whether you have shoes on or not but my shoes come off pretty much right away.....along with shirt, pants, pretty much any other restrictive clothing. When I'm home I want to be comfortable, damn it!

I lived in Asia for 11 years.

I have a sign on my door requiring "no shoes". I'm not really enthused about you walking on the sidewalk where dogs have **** and pissed, humans have spat and dirt in general lies around. I certainly don't need any germs or diseases brought in to make my cats sick. Wearing shoes inside is the equivalent of not wiping your ass and sitting in your chair afterward.

When I go to other peoples homes, I ask what their policy is and I follow it. Almost every closer friend I know has a no-shoes policy. My Hookers and Drug Dealers tend to have a shoes-on policy so I follow that.

When you go over to other people's houses, do you take your shoes off without being asked?

Why would anyone want someone tracking all the bull**** from outside across their clean floors?

So here's an interesting question, if shoes are so much less hygienic, why are shoes required in most restaurants?

So here's an interesting question, if shoes are so much less hygienic, why are shoes required in most restaurants?

Actually, from my understanding, that isn't a requirement posed by any health department, but more a function of modern convention (health departments regulate restaurants, not their patrons). Also, there is a degree of difference between being open to the public and the type of screened atmosphere that is my home

I don't ask them to, no.

My basement is finished and has light cream carpet. People normally take their shoes off there when they come in through the garage...parties, etc.... but upstairs is hardwoods, so I don't care so much.

When I go to one of my friends houses, I always take my shoes off because it's like walking into a sterile environment.

I live with two teens, two dogs and a Guinea pig....my house is clean, but far from sterile. :p

Yeah, my floors are mostly tile so unless you're wearing ice skates I really could care less whether you have shoes on or not but my shoes come off pretty much right away.....along with shirt, pants, pretty much any other restrictive clothing. When I'm home I want to be comfortable, damn it!

same here. the first thing I do when I walk in the door is head to the bedroom to change into gym shorts and a wife-beater

the shoes are to protect your feet from the fungus that everyone else tracks in. ;)

Back
Top Bottom