• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trump’s State of the

So CNN and CBS are bias and are 'fake news' and all polls suck, until they don't..

I'm confused.. Lol

Changing the federal income tax code such that direct labor costs for (W-2 or 1099) employees can be deducted only if those employees have a current (annual) E-Verify certification would be much more effective. Having a federal income tax code that makes the use of illegal immigrant labor 100% tax deductible for 'job creators' is simply insane.

Obviously, nothing is going to be 100% effective - since only about 40% of new illegal immigrants are now border jumpers then reducing that to even 20% would not be that much of an improvement. In order to seriously limit illegal immigration we must remove the economic incentive to do so as much as possible.

They're already using stolen identities. That change would be useless.

Huh. No links to the poll.

Changing the federal income tax code such that direct labor costs for (W-2 or 1099) employees can be deducted only if those employees have a current (annual) E-Verify certification would be much more effective. Having a federal income tax code that makes the use of illegal immigrant labor 100% tax deductible for 'job creators' is simply insane.

Obviously, nothing is going to be 100% effective - since only about 40% of new illegal immigrants are now border jumpers then reducing that to even 20% would not be that much of an improvement. In order to seriously limit illegal immigration we must remove the economic incentive to do so as much as possible.

Okay, so the answer is it's a combination of things that solve the problem, one being a barrier, AS STATED BY TRUMP HIMSELF LAST NIGHT. He never said only a border wall will stop everything, that is an idiot meme the Left invented. They zero in on that ONLY because it was a campaign promise they want to deny Trump. Everyone with a brain sees through their bull****.

The reason for the thread has been lost? So here it is! Thanks to American for posting it.

POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trump’s State of the Union Speech; CBS: 72 Percent Approve His Immigration Ideas

President Trump gave an excellent State of the Union Speech!

Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trump’s State of the Union Speech; CBS: 72 Percent Approve His Immigration Ideas

You're polling people who actually watched the thing? Got some bad news for you. The majority of voters can't stand the disgusting windbag and already know every word coming out of his mouth is bull****. I'd wager to you that approximately 30% of Hillary and Obama supporters actually watched the stupid thing whereas 90% or better of the disgusting idiots that voted for Trump did watch it. That's where your skewed numbers come from.

You're polling people who actually watched the thing? Got some bad news for you. The majority of voters can't stand the disgusting windbag and already know every word coming out of his mouth is bull****. I'd wager to you that approximately 30% of Hillary and Obama supporters actually watched the stupid thing whereas 90% or better of the disgusting idiots that voted for Trump did watch it. That's where your skewed numbers come from.

080.jpg

The overnight ratings that we have this morning say it was up from last year when 45 million watched. Final number will probably be about 48 million viewers. And I agree that one positively disposed towards Trump is far more likely to watch it than somebody who is negative towards Trump. So if 60% or more say the speech was good - that's about what one would expect given the audience.

In the end, it will not matter for more than a day or two as Trump will quickly revert to form and be offensive again.

My guess is that most on the left didn’t bother watching. I know I didn’t.

Ding ding ding. Trump supporters have been telling me for 2 years now "ignore what he says, judge him by his actions". I took their advice on this one. When he starts acting like a real president I will gladly treat him as such. I'm not going to pretend that a single speech where he didn't completely **** up everything is a magical do over.

Where'd ya get that meme? That is one creepy lookin dude! Love it :lol:

haha...Google images, bud. You'll always find something with the right search string. You just have to be the meme... :p

Your ignorance does not hurt my feelings. I think you seem to have embarrassment for the stupidity of our nation mistaken for something else.

P.S. if you're going to use a Yoda meme at least make the words sound like him. Try this...

fear-leads-to-anger-anger-leads-to-hate-leads-to-suffering-yoda.jpg

To be fair we don't know the ratings of the sotu. It could be two million people that tuned in. It could be 5. That's a sliver of the amount of Americans who voted in the last election. I would say that at least half of the people who watched it or probably more are Trump supporters.

It's likely that you are wrong, since such a huge deal was made out of that speech. Pelosi won the battle blah blah blah, when in the end it's just the opposite. Trump probably even got the leftwing freaks to tune in just out of curiosity because it was such a public thing. Trump backing down probably got a few more million to watch because they hoped Trump would come in groveling at Pelosi's feet. The speech was, of course, just the opposite, since you could see the rage building inside Pelosi as she sat there getting her teeth kick. Trump wasn't intimidated by anyone in the chamber, and in fact he loved the whole thing. I think he did well.

And all the Democrat women wearing white suits, you should have seen the memes that came out on facebook about that. :lol: AOC got what she deserved too. Trump even looked Presidential.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/state-...le-broadcast-donald-trump-address-1202550542/

"Lower healthcare costs, rebuild our infrastructure, and make government respectable"

That's really all I needed to hear last night and didn't.

Your ignorance does not hurt my feelings. I think you seem to have embarrassment for the stupidity of our nation mistaken for something else.

P.S. if you're going to use a Yoda meme at least make the words sound like him. Try this...

View attachment 67249789
Fear not. Nobody is trying to hurt your feelings.

Back
Top Bottom