• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trump’s State of the

Are they poll stunners because The Gateway Pundit thought the speech sucked?

Trump's speech was fine. Like any other SOTU, most people would say it was fine. I did.

The man and his party have an election in 21 months. This SOTU isn't going to travel to November of 2020.

So media not bias anymore? I think the butthurt is on the right.

Gateway Pundit is right-wing piece of crap media. This "result" doesn't mean a thing.

"Among speech watchers." /thread

Can't imagine polling non-watchers to see if they liked it? Think about what you're doing.

I don't think there's any data out yet, because I haven't seen it. But this SOTU postponement, and the battle around it makes people curious.

That's an unsupported hypothesis on your part.

If it hadn't been for the shutdown, I would have watched the SOTU. I feel it's my civic duty. But Trump burnt out all my curiosity and made me so sick of him that I skipped for the first time in years.

That's an unsupported hypothesis on your part.

If it hadn't been for the shutdown, I would have watched the SOTU. I feel it's my civic duty. But Trump burnt out all my curiosity and made me so sick of him that I skipped for the first time in years.

From Drudge:
STATE OF UNION
TUES FEB 5, 2019

FOXNEWS 11,100,000
NBC 7,100,000
CBS 6,700,000
ABC 5,900,000
FOX 4,200,000
MSNBC 3,800,000
CNN 3,400,000

From Drudge:
STATE OF UNION
TUES FEB 5, 2019

FOXNEWS 11,100,000
NBC 7,100,000
CBS 6,700,000
ABC 5,900,000
FOX 4,200,000
MSNBC 3,800,000
CNN 3,400,000

And somehow those numbers mean that the viewership wasn't heavily skewed to the right?

No.

Not a lick of evidence there to say that a higher than usual proportion of non-rightwingers tuned in out of curiosity.

POLL STUNNERS: Both CBS and CNN Polls: 76 Percent of Viewers Approve President Trump’s State of the Union Speech; CBS: 72 Percent Approve His Immigration Ideas

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ech-72-percent-approve-his-immigration-ideas/

DysjOYAX0AAS5ZC.jpg

The butthurt on the Left is huge.

Butthurt on the left? Didn't you just point out that 76% of CNN watchers, surely mostly left-leaning, approved of his speach?
If 24% (or less, there was probably a 'meh' category) disapproval says 'butthurt' to you, there's just no pleasing you.

Last edited:
Can't imagine polling non-watchers to see if they liked it? Think about what you're doing.

:yawn:

One of my neighbors just painted his house. Watching that paint dry would have better use of time than watching that abomination of a state of a union.

One of my neighbors just painted his house. Watching that paint dry would have better use of time than watching that abomination of a state of a union.

In the context of all the people we have seen these least few weeks claiming that all SOTU speeches have long been low/no value....

I stopped caring somewhere mid Clinton.

The people who watched the speech were disproportionately Republican or Republican leaning (as the polls admit). If a more proportionate sample of Americans had watched the speech, it would likely mirror Trump's approval ratings of around 40-45%.

I can't help if you can't use your time wisely.

So you're basically an anti-wall guy because it won't solve 100% of the problem at the border. Name me one single thing that will. Please, expound for me one single thing with solve 100% all by itself. I'm waiting.

Let me help out our leftist fellow-DPers here:

NOT building a wall will solve all economic problems.
NOT building a wall will eliminate all crime in the USA
NOT building a wall will lead to a cure for cancer as soon as AOC becomes President
NOT building a wall will reduce immigration - a good thing
NOT building a wall will increase immigration - a good thing

Back
Top Bottom