• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pet Peeves

"Connection Timed Out while waiting for Debatepolitics.com....."

I can't tell you how many times I see this here. I've used different computers and many different connections from varying places, and I see it all the time.

1. Why would anyone think that putting a timer on a connection attempt would be a good idea?

2. Why would the computer stop trying to connect when this timer expired without being told to stop?

3. I don't give a ****. Don't even ****ing prompt me. You're a ****ing computer. Execute commands until I tell you to do otherwise. The connection timed out? I could give a ****. That means absolutely nothing to me. The only thing that prompt is saying is that the computer decided to just quit for reasons I neither know nor care about. I told you to connect, so ****ing do it.

I pretty much never have this problem. That just means the internets ****ing hates you.

What are yours?

A few of mine:

People who use ideal or idear when they should use idea
Commercials that come on 80 decibels louder than the show they interrupted
The funky burnt smell you get when you turn on the furnace for the first time
Employees who don't take the initiative to do ANYTHING they see that needs to be done

My cable box going out on me.
Stephen King novels (but not some of the movies based off his stuff)
J.K. Rowling
Too many commercials for movies on TV
People who think badly written shows and movies are real life
Reality TV
Not having 3-day weekends
Comic book titles changing directions once every 3 months
Douchebags

Pet peeves - -you the unwanted ear hair, or is that just a given?

People who wear the Bluetooth earpiece even if they're not on the phone.

Paper cuts

Joe Rogan as commentator for the UFC

I want to talk to the boys and check up in general, but the X hasn't answered the phone all week :(

Joe Rogan as commentator for the UFC

The UFC existing.
Women who think vampires are romantic because a horrible, horrible author just told them so.
Parents who think a flight instructor makes a good babysitter.
Twitter.
CNN's obsession with twitter.
My inability to force-choke people through the internet.

I want to talk to the boys and check up in general, but the X hasn't answered the phone all week :(

Bitch still won't answer her phone. WTF! It's Christmas, I'm coming home, where the **** are my kids!?! Oh I'll find them.....I'll find her....

Bitch still won't answer her phone. WTF! It's Christmas, I'm coming home, where the **** are my kids!?! Oh I'll find them.....I'll find her....

...and now her phone has been off for days. Where the **** are my children?

Tickets with the departure/arrival times written in such a way that one can't tell if it's civilian or military time.

Sergeants who make more out of cleaning gear to turn in than it needs to be.

Businesses who don't seem to understand that "holiday hours" means they're supposed to be open longer, not shorter hours.

I went down to extend my rental car through Tuesday, but no, I missed them by a half hour due to 'holiday hours'. WTF?

I got this weird pet peeve from my mom. Toilet paper etiquette...

:prof The toilet-paper HAS to come out at the top and cascade down over itself like a waterfall.

I just don't like it when it's against the wall.. it's hard to grab and tear it, and I hate if my nails scratch the wall when I am trying to grab it

No idea what my WoW account password was, where my authenticator is, what the password to the e-mail my battlenet account is linked to is, can't find MY problem in the support page and can't find a phone number to call.

Oh don't think for a second I won't just pay for a whole new account.....but I'd really rather not.

I got this weird pet peeve from my mom. Toilet paper etiquette...

:prof The toilet-paper HAS to come out at the top and cascade down over itself like a waterfall.

I agree. Now I am happy if it is even on the roll.

:prof People with cats often have to hang it the other way because the cat will unroll it all playing with it.

I don't like when children misbehave in pubic and the parents do nothing.

When parent's smile at their kids and laugh, when they are being bad. They are not being cute! They are being disruptive, rude, and loud! :2mad:

I don't like when expecting parents say... "Ohhh, my kid won't ever do that." LOL. You're not even parenting yet, just wait.. you'll see how hard it really is.

Entertainment news naming couples like Brangelina and Bennifer

Judgmental and hypocritical Christians..

Drunks..

Needing tech support.

I don't have any beef with tech support, I have beef with ever needing them. You'd think that I would keep track of e-mail passwords, WoW authenticators, etc, but no. No, as a member of the public I can't be expected to perform such simple tasks. I just want to call you and have you wave your magic wand over my problem and make it go away. Of course, I am the problem, and you're not supposed to hang up on me, so we're both stuck with, well, me. At least you're getting paid for it.

Having said that, thanks go out to Verizon, Hotmail and Battlenet today. They either have resolved my problems or are working on them. Battlenet gets an extra hand job for removing the authenticator from my WoW account when I wasn't responsible enough to keep track of it. As a thank you, I'll be perching the expansion asap.

Time to brush up on my macro codes....

I just thought of another one.

I hate the expression, "Sorry about that." If you're sorry, say you're sorry. No flippin' off some cutesy apology that isn't an apology at all. "I'm sorry I (...whatever....).

I hate the expression, "Sorry about that." If you're sorry, say you're sorry. No flippin' off some cutesy apology that isn't an apology at all. "I'm sorry I (...whatever....).

I dislike apologies in general. To think that you're as powerful as God that you can simply speak a remedy into existence. I don't see why I'm supposed to care about how you feel in the first place. It's like being offended. Who besides you gives a ****? Only those who can get either a vote, money or sex, that's who. As I'm likely non of those, I don't care. Now if you would like to make an offer I might pay attention....

I do that all the time, sorry about that. :mrgreen:

I was going to say something, but decided against it, sorry about that.

I hate wrapping gifts.

Back
Top Bottom