• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PC Target Stores Sue Hero for saving life of stabbed teen girl with baseball bat.

I at times really wish there was a way to control the silly lawsuits, but I do not know of a way to do so without curtailing legitimate lawsuits.

I think the press about frivolous lawsuits has helped a lot. I know where I live, it's pretty difficult to get a high dollar award and that's the best disincentive. I served on a jury myself in a civil case where a lady was trying to shake down Walmart. We awarded her something but it was less than the settlement offer (found that out after the trial, of course).

Good call.

The first clue is that it give NO details of whatever case Target is allegedly making, but immediately leaps to a weak tie in with gender bathrooms. Journalistically not worth the bandwidth

That is why I can't take this story seriously... the bold part seems way too agenda driven.

Thank you for the research ladies and gents. See, this is the **** I am talking about. A little context, a little more to the story, and we have much more to debate and discuss on this one.

I think the press about frivolous lawsuits has helped a lot. I know where I live, it's pretty difficult to get a high dollar award and that's the best disincentive. I served on a jury myself in a civil case where a lady was trying to shake down Walmart. We awarded her something but it was less than the settlement offer (found that out after the trial, of course).

I literally laughed out loud at that...

It would help if you read the thread. It contains many facts you might find interesting.

Lots of people only admit to reading things if it backs them up... I know that is what I do.

Nope, because in a world where OJ Simpson was found not guilty, would you want to risk major money, even if you are right?

Ah, but the Browns won the civil lawsuit against him.

Ah, but the Browns won the civil lawsuit against him.
Was that during the OJ murder trial, or was that when he had robbed some place for some sports memorabilia (What he's in jail for now)?

Was that during the OJ murder trial, or was that when he had robbed some place for some sports memorabilia (What he's in jail for now)?

Murder trial. He was found not guilty in criminal court, but when the families of the victims sued him, they won. The sports memorabilia incident was much later.

It would help if you read the thread. It contains many facts you might find interesting.

I read enough. Target to claim the action to stop a possible murder is irresponsible and just not sound.

Maybe Target would have preferred no intervention.

Is that one of those yuppie drinks?

Maybe... I found out about it in the anti-yuppie yuppie culture in hippy wannabe Sonoma County north of San Fran, so it might well be.

The civil suit happened after the criminal trial. The sports memorabilia was another criminal charge - Agg robbery I think.

I read enough.

No, you didn't.

Target to claim the action to stop a possible murder is irresponsible and just not sound.

Maybe Target would have preferred no intervention.

The "hero" chased the guy with the knife into the store in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom