• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PC Target Stores Sue Hero for saving life of stabbed teen girl with baseball bat.

I thought it was gay bats in Haiti?

So wait! Was the guy who saved the girl in the story here, did he use a gay bat to save her instead of a straight one? All of a sudden it makes sense, only lefty stores like Target carry gay bats!

So wait! Was the guy who saved the girl in the story here, did he use a gay bat to save her instead of a straight one? All of a sudden it makes sense, only lefty stores like Target carry gay bats!

That's why he chose Target over Walmart.

No, you didn't.

The "hero" chased the guy with the knife into the store in the first place.

from the OP article.

"Security footage from the store shows Walls grabbing Meadows and stabbing her before Turner tackles the knife-wielding perp and chases him out of the store with a baseball bat.'

So how in your world did he chase the attacker into the store. What you are missing is he chased to perp to the front of the store. The attack took place inside.

Unless you can show the OP linked article is wrong.

"While Meadows thanks Turner, Target blames him. Court documents say the company claims Turner chased Walls with a baseball bat into the entrance of the store, creating more danger to those inside.:

The incident took place inside the store. Even the vid shows that.

from the OP article.

"Security footage from the store shows Walls grabbing Meadows and stabbing her before Turner tackles the knife-wielding perp and chases him out of the store with a baseball bat.'

So how in your world did he chase the attacker into the store. What you are missing is he chased to perp to the front of the store. The attack took place inside.

"While Meadows thanks Turner, Target blames him. Court documents say the company claims Turner chased Walls with a baseball bat into the entrance of the store, creating more danger to those inside.:

You clearly didn't read the rest of the thread. This incident occurred in 2013. links from other posters shows the whole story and not just the part showed by The Federalist. The incident started elswhere and finished inside target.

Target Sues 'Hero' for Saving Stabbing Victim : snopes.com

According to the criminal complaint, the incident began when Walls stabbed a man named Jobe Wright near a construction site on nearby Highland Avenue. Police said Walls ran down the street toward Penn Circle and into Target, followed by Wright, his friend Michael Turner, and Tyrique Walker, who called 911 to report their location, and Roland Smith, who grabbed a baseball bat to help Wright.

Once they were all inside the store, "Walls saw Walker and attempted to stab him with a large swing at his neck area," the complaint said. "Walls, missing his target, then moved towards the checkout area at the Target store where he began trying to stab additional victims who were in the store. Walls then grabbed Allison Meadows and held her against her will at knifepoint in one of the checkout lanes to use her as a shield. Victims Hosea Davis, Mike Turner, Jobe Wright and Roland Smith attempted to subdue Walls and to free Meadows when they saw him poke the knife into Meadows' back."

from the OP article.

“Hero” Who Saved Girl In East Liberty Target Stabbing Rampage Being Sued « CBS Pittsburgh

“Everyone thinks Walls walked inside Target and stabbed this little girl, but that’s not what happened, you had an encounter prior to that?” asked KDKA’s Brenda Waters.

“At this point, we were standing on Highland Avenue, and then that’s when Walls attacked Jobe Wright. At that point, Roland Smith and Tyreek Walker pursued behind him. At this point, I get in a car with Jobe Wright,” said Turner.

Turner says he and his friend got in a car to find Walls and when they arrived at Target another friend came out of the store and said “he’s in there.”

“I entered Target, I run up the escalator, I make a right, that’s when I encountered Walls in the store,” said Turner.

Everyone should choose Target over Walmart.

I would choose a finger to the eye over Walmart. Hell, I cannot think of anything I would choose Walmart over. Infect me with zika ebola, just do not make me go to Walmart.

I read enough. Target to claim the action to stop a possible murder is irresponsible and just not sound.

Maybe Target would have preferred no intervention.

The "possible murder" was a hostage situation brought on by the "hero". You don't walk into a crowded store and confront an armed felon with a bat. It invites civilian casualties and is illegal to boot.

He was being chased, because he was threatening and stabbing people out on the street!

-

He was being chased by the man he stabbed "out on the street". The man needed to call the police and let them deal with it not endanger others by confronting him in the middle of a crowded store. He actually was the reason the women got stabbed after being taken hostage.

How about we actually blame the nut who did the stabbing rather than the dude who actually tried to stop him?

And let's ignore the right wing loons who want to blame Target instead of the nut.

Oh wait!!! It's OK to blame those the right hates

And let's ignore the right wing loons who want to blame Target instead of the nut.

Oh wait!!! It's OK to blame those the right hates

It's ridiculous that Target was ever sued in the first place. Clearly someone hoping for a little jackpot justice. Nothing soothes the hurt like cash from deep pockets.

It's ridiculous that Target was ever sued in the first place. Clearly someone hoping for a little jackpot justice. Nothing soothes the hurt like cash from deep pockets.

It's ridiculous that target was sued

It was also ridiculous that right wingers are attacking Target over this, but that ridiculousness seems to have escaped your notice.

It's ridiculous that target was sued

It was also ridiculous that right wingers are attacking Target over this, but that ridiculousness seems to have escaped your notice.

Well I don't agree with Target's suit against Turner either. l can't speak for other right wingers but I'm rather enjoying watching lefties treat Target, this huge retail, profit driven chain like it's this noble entity. Despite what some righties like to think, Target interjecting itself in the whole bathroom controversy was a very wise move. Nobody's going to care enough about it to damage Target's profits in any significant way and Target's become the darling of the left and now that that's happened, Target will have plenty of defenders and backers no matter what they do.

Last edited:
Well I don't agree with Target's suit against Turner either. l can't speak for other right wingers but I'm rather enjoying watching lefties treat Target, this huge retail, profit driven chain like it's this noble entity. Despite what some righties like to think, Target interjecting itself in the whole bathroom controversy was a very wise move. Nobody's going to care enough about it to damage Target's profits in any significant way and Target's become the darling of the left and now that that's happened, Target will have plenty of defenders and backers no matter what they do.

I didn't see anyone acting like Target is "noble". Just pointing out how, once again, the right wingers are wrong (and some are deceitful) in calling this guy a "hero" when the facts show that he's more thug than hero.

But please don't think I'm in any way disappointed or surprised that you're focused on what you think the left has gotten wrong while completely ignoring what the rightwingers certainly got wrong

How about we actually blame the nut who did the stabbing rather than the dude who actually tried to stop him?

Tell the little girls parents that then. They are the ones suing Target.

I agree that Target is being stupid too when it comes to suing the guy who chased the other into the store, but we also have few details on why the first guy was stabbed. Was it random or was it a confrontation that led to it? Was there an indication that the stabbed would have continued to stab others had the guys not chased him? Where's the rest of the information?

I didn't see anyone acting like Target is "noble".

Of course you haven't. You'd have to have some degree of objectivity regarding your own lean, which I don't think I've ever seen you possess.

Just pointing out how, once again, the right wingers are wrong (and some are deceitful) in calling this guy a "hero" when the facts show that he's more thug than hero.

But please don't think I'm in any way disappointed or surprised that you're focused on what you think the left has gotten wrong while completely ignoring what the rightwingers certainly got wrong

Well then, I'm certainly happy that I haven't disappointed you. You also remain completely consistent with who I understand you to be.

Last edited:
Tell the little girls parents that then.

I would if I could. I can't blame the teenage girl for anything but her folks are clearly trying to exploit the traumatic experience their daughter had to attempt to get some sort of hefty payout. Like I've said before, I guess cold hard cash can soothe hurt feelings better than any ice pack.

They are the ones suing Target.

And, I've said repeatedly that I disagree with their attempt to reach into Target's deep pockets. Since when did we start believing that a store we enter has some duty to prevent any unlikely bad think that could possibly happen?

I agree that Target is being stupid too when it comes to suing the guy who chased the other into the store, but we also have few details on why the first guy was stabbed. Was it random or was it a confrontation that led to it? Was there an indication that the stabbed would have continued to stab others had the guys not chased him? Where's the rest of the information?

Eh, I think I understand it enough to say with confidence that all lawsuits surrounding this event should be tossed out of court.

Last edited:
Explain again how Turner and his gang 'precipitated' this guy - who already stabbed one person - stabbing an innocent shopper in a Target?

And Explain how the TARGET "retribution" Lawsuit against the guy who stopped a target shopper from being stabbed to death is going to help the situation?

Imagine if this guy had not been there, and the guy stabbed the girl to death, and then proceeded to massacre another 20 TARGET shoppers!?

I note that the TARGET security staff did not stop the stabber-guy! Nor did the TARGET non-security staff do a damn thing!

I note that the police (not faulting them!) did not get there on time to stop the stabber-guy!

Why on earth would anyone think that target is a safe place?

Again, back to the OP question for debate:

Has the political correctness and Leftie Orientation of the Target Stores gone so far over the edge, that they have doomed the Franchise?

-

What missing is that the incident started down the block from the store and the perp was chased into the Walmart by the "good Samaritan" who threatened him with a baseball bat causing the perp to grab the girl as a hostage and eventually stabbed her. He never would have grabbed that girl, if not for being chased and threatened by civilian "vigilantes".

Target Sues 'Hero' for Saving Stabbing Victim : snopes.com

So Wright should have just laid down and died from the stabbing instead of chasing his attacker?

How could Walls be held responsible for what this criminal did?

He stabbed one man who was the one who was chasing him with a bat! He should have waited for police and not pursued him into a busy store. It was a stupid and dangerous move.

ust as I thought. You think he should have let the guy go.

Police aren't there to prevent anything, they are there to take a report.

How many other people would th is guy have killed if he wasn't running from the first guy he stabbed?

So Wright should have just laid down and died from the stabbing instead of chasing his attacker?

How could Walls be held responsible for what this criminal did?

He should have waited for police to deal with the perp instead of instigating a hostage situation by taking the law into his own hands.

ust as I thought. You think he should have let the guy go.

Police aren't there to prevent anything, they are there to take a report.

How many other people would th is guy have killed if he wasn't running from the first guy he stabbed?

He only took that women hostage because he was threatened by Williams, so yes it would have been better not to pursue him with a bat. That is if you care about innocent hostages. Police also "let guys go" rather than endangering bystanders, he would not have been hard to catch after he left the store.

Last edited:
And Explain how the TARGET "retribution" Lawsuit against the guy who stopped a target shopper from being stabbed to death is going to help the situation?

Imagine if this guy had not been there, and the guy stabbed the girl to death, and then proceeded to massacre another 20 TARGET shoppers!?

I note that the TARGET security staff did not stop the stabber-guy! Nor did the TARGET non-security staff do a damn thing!

I note that the police (not faulting them!) did not get there on time to stop the stabber-guy!

Why on earth would anyone think that target is a safe place?

Again, back to the OP question for debate:

Has the political correctness and Leftie Orientation of the Target Stores gone so far over the edge, that they have doomed the Franchise?

-

It has already been determined that Target is suing in an effort to affect other suits, so money is the reason for the suit. Meanwhile, I find it quite funny in a hilarious way that you are blaming liberal greed for the so-called demise of Target.

He should have waited for police to deal with the perp instead of instigating a hostage situation by taking the law into his own hands.

That translates into letting him go to stab another day.

Even if you are not courageous enough to go after somebody that hurt you, other people are.

Back
Top Bottom