• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PC Target Stores Sue Hero for saving life of stabbed teen girl with baseball bat.

So why is that the left or Targets fault?

TARGET chose to sue the guy who stopped the attacker! Dugh!

As far as it being the Left, well, TARGET has joined the "Bathroom Wars", in a way that makes their management staff clearly aligned with the Left's Agenda.

If the TARGET Management had the Business Sense of Conservative Wall Street, and not a Leftie Loon agenda, they would have seen far ahead, just how business suicidal such a lawsuit would be!

-

He was being chased, because he was threatening and stabbing people out on the street!

-

He stabbed one man who was the one who was chasing him with a bat! He should have waited for police and not pursued him into a busy store. It was a stupid and dangerous move.

How about we actually blame the nut who did the stabbing rather than the dude who actually tried to stop him?

Absolutely. The problem is, when the lawsuits start, this becomes part of the legal maneuvering. Target is using this lawsuit to protect them from another lawsuit. There is a reason why lawyers are considered the lowest form of life on Earth. Every one in this whole chain of events is losing, except the lawyers getting rich.

How about we actually blame the nut who did the stabbing rather than the dude who actually tried to stop him?

Why did the dude have a baseball bat? Why was the guy with a knife running away before he entered the Target store?

So why is that the left or Targets fault?

I didn't see the connection to the left either, however, this thread does seem to be falling right down ideological lines. Lefties for Target, righties for Turner. I'm not sure why that is.

It certainly appears that TARGET management has gone Leftie Loonie.
It only appears that way to you because you're an idiot who sees everything bad as "left wing" and everything good as "right wing" despite being clearly ignorant of what those terms are variously used to mean in any legitimate manner. You hate Target because of their bathroom policy therefore anything else they do is "bad" and "left" by default.

This is a statement, not a question. Don't waste your time responding.

As far as it being the Left, well, TARGET has joined the "Bathroom Wars", in a way that makes their management staff clearly aligned with the Left's Agenda.

If the TARGET Management had the Business Sense of Conservative Wall Street, and not a Leftie Loon agenda, they would have seen far ahead, just how business suicidal such a lawsuit would be!

-

He was ALSO the one who caused the attacker to grab the girl as a hostage. Pursuing him into a busy store and threatening him with a bat was not too bright.

-

You are not even trying to make a rational point any more. Target, bathrooms, left, ebola, we are all dead...what a chain of thought...

Target didn't sue him because he stopped him. Target claims that Turner and others had recklessly endangered customers when they had brought a confrontation that had started outdoors inside the store.

But regardless, this happened 3 years ago. It's already over and done with.

-

So what does Target having uni-restrooms have to do with someone who committed a crime in their store? The two stories seem totally unrelated...unless of course you're a political hack.

He was being chased, because he was threatening and stabbing people out on the street! -

If this 'hero' had chased the man into YOUR house and YOUR granddaughter had been stabbed because the 'hero' wouldn't let the perp leave I don't think you'd call him a hero at all... :roll:

This happened in 2013, odd how the Federalist rant machine NOW brings it up, and the angry old guys link it to the bathroom policy...

No store can provide the level of protection to stop one guy from chasing another into their store and violence breaking out... :peace

Absolutely. The problem is, when the lawsuits start, this becomes part of the legal maneuvering. Target is using this lawsuit to protect them from another lawsuit. There is a reason why lawyers are considered the lowest form of life on Earth. Every one in this whole chain of events is losing, except the lawyers getting rich.

I agree with a lot of this and I think the initial lawsuit is lame. Target failed to protect the victim? Since when is that the role of the business? That ones all about two words: deep pockets. Apparently a hefty sum is good therapy for the trauma.

-
I hope you realise that this story happened back in 2013.

Seriously, Target's bathroom policy has absolutely NOTHING to do with this story.

Hope Target loses this one. This is why we should never tolerate laws that create an affirmative duty to help someone out.

You have been misled. The "hero" was pursing him because he got stabbed a block away and then followed him into a busy store and threatened him with a bat. That is what caused the perp to grab a hostage and eventually stab her. Waiting for police would have be much more "heroic" and would have saved that girl from being stabbed at all.

I didn't see the connection to the left either, however, this thread does seem to be falling right down ideological lines. Lefties for Target, righties for Turner. I'm not sure why that is.

I see a right winger blaming the Left for something that had nothing to do with them.

-

Target should never have been sued in the first place.

I agree with a lot of this and I think the initial lawsuit is lame. Target failed to protect the victim? Since when is that the role of the business? That ones all about two words: deep pockets. Apparently a hefty sum is good therapy for the trauma.

I at times really wish there was a way to control the silly lawsuits, but I do not know of a way to do so without curtailing legitimate lawsuits.

Why did the dude have a baseball bat? Why was the guy with a knife running away before he entered the Target store?

The dude got stabbed by the attacker a block away from the store, his friends and him followed him into Target and when they found him they threatened him with the bat causing him to grab a hostage who he eventually stabbed. Confronting an armed attacker in a busy store is not too bright. It could have been much worse. But the dude was no hero, more like a loose cannon.

Welcome to the United States of Litigation

Target sues a citizen from stopping a possible murder. Family members are suing Cineplex in CO for what Homes did.

This insanity of suing has got to stop.

imo, Target should not be suing. they should be thanking the person for stopping the incident.

I at times really wish there was a way to control the silly lawsuits, but I do not know of a way to do so without curtailing legitimate lawsuits.

How about "loser pays"?

Welcome to the United States of Litigation

Target sues a citizen from stopping a possible murder. Family members are suing Cineplex in CO for what Homes did.

This insanity of suing has got to stop.

imo, Target should not be suing. they should be thanking the person for stopping the incident.

It would help if you read the thread. It contains many facts you might find interesting.

I not sure suing someone for heroism has ever been attempted before.

:lol: Yeah... that is not gonna be the charge but it could be "vaulting the counter in a dnagerous manner" that they try... did you see that leap?

How about "loser pays"?

Nope, because in a world where OJ Simpson was found not guilty, would you want to risk major money, even if you are right?

Back
Top Bottom