• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PC Target Stores Sue Hero for saving life of stabbed teen girl with baseball bat.

He only took that women hostage because he was threatened by Williams, so yes it would have been better not to pursue him with a bat. That is if you care about innocent hostages. Police also "let guys go" rather than endangering bystanders, he would not have been hard to catch after he left the store.

That was not a foreseeable circumstance.

Also if a man stabbed a police officer and they gave chase, they would not stop outside the door of Target because there are people inside, they would have done exactly as this man had done, except maybe the suspect would be dead instead of in jail.

That translates into letting him go to stab another day.

Even if you are not courageous enough to go after somebody that hurt you, other people are.

There is nothing "courageous" about endangering others and this is an example of why vigilante-ism is illegal.

The oboy reason Target is suing is as part of their defense against the lawsuit they are facing.

As such they will state the person they are suing was responsible for forcing the stabber into their store causing the stabbing.

If Target was not being sued neither would this guy

That was not a foreseeable circumstance.

Also if a man stabbed a police officer and they gave chase, they would not stop outside the door of Target because there are people inside, they would have done exactly as this man had done, except maybe the suspect would be dead instead of in jail.

That's why you are not a not a law enforcement officer. There is no way police would have accosted that man in a crowded store, they would have waited until he was outside and away from innocent bystanders. There was no indication that he was a threat to anyone else until he was confronted.

That's why you are not a not a law enforcement officer. There is no way police would have accosted that man in a crowded store, they would have waited until he was outside and away from innocent bystanders. There was no indication that he was a threat to anyone else until he was confronted.

Read the Op again. He was trying to stab other people along the way.

The police would not have stood down with this guy on the loose.

It is OK if you would let this guy go after stabbing you, most people would want to catch him to turn him over to the cops.

Waiting for the cops to get there and do that job means he will get away which would make you responsible for every bad thing he does from there on out.

I would if I could. I can't blame the teenage girl for anything but her folks are clearly trying to exploit the traumatic experience their daughter had to attempt to get some sort of hefty payout. Like I've said before, I guess cold hard cash can soothe hurt feelings better than any ice pack.

And, I've said repeatedly that I disagree with their attempt to reach into Target's deep pockets. Since when did we start believing that a store we enter has some duty to prevent any unlikely bad think that could possibly happen?

Eh, I think I understand it enough to say with confidence that all lawsuits surrounding this event should be tossed out of court.

Id almost agree except if it comes out the guy(s) chasing the "stabber" knew him and knew why he stabbed the first guy. He wouldn't have been a threat to the public then except for their pursuit if this was say a revenge thing that they knew from the start.

Of course you haven't. You'd have to have some degree of objectivity regarding your own lean

No, you'd have to quote someone saying that Target is noble.

Which you won't do, of course, because you made it up to justify your hackish accusations

And Explain how the TARGET "retribution" Lawsuit against the guy who stopped a target shopper from being stabbed to death is going to help the situation?

The lawsuit is no retribution, but an attempt to do two things, delay the lawsuit against them, and to get a jury to rule the guy was at fault for chasing the attacker into the store, and confronting him there where the victim was within reach. It is a legal maneuver to help them win the lawsuit against them.

Imagine if this guy had not been there, and the guy stabbed the girl to death, and then proceeded to massacre another 20 TARGET shoppers!?

If the guy had not been there, the attacker would not have been chased into Target, nor confronted in there. So your premise falls apart.

I note that the TARGET security staff did not stop the stabber-guy! Nor did the TARGET non-security staff do a damn thing!

I note that the police (not faulting them!) did not get there on time to stop the stabber-guy!

Maybe the guy should have, instead of confronting an armed man, chasing him into a crowded store, and confronted him amongst innocent shoppers, should have actually contacted those professionals.

Why on earth would anyone think that target is a safe place?

If a rare event makes a place not safe, then no place on Earth is safe.

Again, back to the OP question for debate:

Has the political correctness and Leftie Orientation of the Target Stores gone so far over the edge, that they have doomed the Franchise?

-

Well, it is good to know you do not let facts or sense stand in the way of your rants.

And Explain how the TARGET "retribution" Lawsuit against the guy who stopped a target shopper from being stabbed to death is going to help the situation?

Imagine if this guy had not been there, and the guy stabbed the girl to death, and then proceeded to massacre another 20 TARGET shoppers!?

I note that the TARGET security staff did not stop the stabber-guy! Nor did the TARGET non-security staff do a damn thing!

I note that the police (not faulting them!) did not get there on time to stop the stabber-guy!

Why on earth would anyone think that target is a safe place?

Again, back to the OP question for debate:

Has the political correctness and Leftie Orientation of the Target Stores gone so far over the edge, that they have doomed the Franchise?

-

I think Target's as safe a place as any. I don't think they can guarantee that nothing bad, like this, will never happen on their property, but shoot, there are no guarantees something like this couldn't happen while sitting at home. The lawsuit against Target that touched all this off to begin with was stupid.

Question for Debate:

-

#1) 99% of Target's store policies mirror those of WalMart. People need to stop white-knighting Target and bitching about WalMart. Those who do are ignorant.

#2) This is indicative of ALL retail stores. Not just Target. Retail stores do not care about people, and never have. They only care about what's in their wallets. I'm sure someone at Target asked whether or not the attacker paid for his stuff first, before pulling out the knife. It's that important to them.

This is about legality. This is about a broken system of law where the attacker can sue the store (and potentially win). It's about Target needing to keep it's expenses down and profits up. Even if those expenses are legal fees and/or paying out a cash settlement to someone in their store.

I worked there part-time during the economy collapse, and this is all true. They'll let someone walk out the store with a cart-full of DVD players and TV's because that's cheaper than paying medical bills. I've seen it.

#1) 99% of Target's store policies mirror those of WalMart. People need to stop white-knighting Target and bitching about WalMart. Those who do are ignorant.

#2) This is indicative of ALL retail stores. Not just Target. Retail stores do not care about people, and never have. They only care about what's in their wallets. I'm sure someone at Target asked whether or not the attacker paid for his stuff first, before pulling out the knife. It's that important to them.

This is about legality. This is about a broken system of law where the attacker can sue the store (and potentially win). It's about Target needing to keep it's expenses down and profits up. Even if those expenses are legal fees and/or paying out a cash settlement to someone in their store.

I worked there part-time during the economy collapse, and this is all true. They'll let someone walk out the store with a cart-full of DVD players and TV's because that's cheaper than paying medical bills. I've seen it.

Call me ignorant, but I don't like Wal-mart because of its business practices. Even your personal anecdote puts more fuel on that fire.

How about people who white knight Target for cleaner, nicer stores and less crowds?

I would doubt any one had time to ask the attacker anything. He was on the run...

The attacker is not the one suing the store, the victim is.

OK, sure, if you say so. Too bad that has exactly nothing to do with what this thread is about.

I didn't see the connection to the left either, however, this thread does seem to be falling right down ideological lines. Lefties for Target, righties for Turner. I'm not sure why that is.

Um, no it's not. It appears the "lefties" are the only ones interested in, yanno, actual facts.

What missing is that the incident started down the block from the store and the perp was chased into the Walmart by the "good Samaritan" who threatened him with a baseball bat causing the perp to grab the girl as a hostage and eventually stabbed her. He never would have grabbed that girl, if not for being chased and threatened by civilian "vigilantes".

there we go....facts....they matter

thanks

And Explain how the TARGET "retribution" Lawsuit against the guy who stopped a target shopper from being stabbed to death is going to help the situation? Imagine if this guy had not been there, and the guy stabbed the girl to death, and then proceeded to massacre another 20 TARGET shoppers!? I note that the TARGET security staff did not stop the stabber-guy! Nor did the TARGET non-security staff do a damn thing! I note that the police (not faulting them!) did not get there on time to stop the stabber-guy! Why on earth would anyone think that target is a safe place? Again, back to the OP question for debate: Has the political correctness and Leftie Orientation of the Target Stores gone so far over the edge, that they have doomed the Franchise? -

First the bad guy would NOT have been in Target except your 'hero' chased him in there. There would have been no stabbing if the 'hero' didn't bring a baseball bat INTO Target to and refuse to let the homeless man LEAVE Target... :doh

The 'hero' was a DIRECT causative agent in the Target stabbing. There wouldn't have been a SINGLE stabbing without your 'hero', much less a 'mass stabbing'. :roll:

Security in a big box store is trained for shop lifters not vigilantes chasing homeless guys into their stores and creating dangerous situations. ALL big box stores are forbidden by the stores from physical contact with ANYONE in the store. Walmart fired an employee for tackling a shoplifter. So your angry old man rant should include ALL big box retail, not just Target.

To address your rather silly OP... the baseball bat wielding vigilante's actions predates the Bathroom decision by several years, the whine site- The Federalist- apparently just learned of it... Target is not doomed by it's new bathroom policy- protests by angry old people simply are rarer than hens teeth. ALL big box retail has the same level of security, prohibitions against employees touching anyone in their stores and the final kick to the crotch on the OP rant....

Target allows OPEN CARRY in it's stores where state wide OPEN CARRY/CCW is legal. Where was the armed citizen who many claim would stop such attacks if only they were allowed to (Penn allows concealed carry)

Perhaps your OP whine should ask where the 'patriots' were that day... :peace

A Pittsburgh Man Stopped a Stabbing Inside Target; Now the Store Is Suing Him - The Root

The Judge of the stabbers trial thinks the lawsuit is silly:

It certainly appears that TARGET management has gone Leftie Loonie.

So the issue isn't that Turner was a bystander who happened to be there when the girl was attacked. He and his friends chased the attacker into the Target which precipitated the stabbing attack there. This was a fight that started somewhere else.

Sorry, but what Target is doing makes perfect sense. Turner might have saved the girl, but he's at least partly responsible for the attack on her, too.

Back
Top Bottom