• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palestinian tells the truth on CNN and gets arrested for it

Does anyone have more information on this story?

During an interview on US MSM a Palestinian living in East Jerusalem retorted to the pro Israel framing with a pro human rights framing and got arrested for it

anyone have a link to the actual story or video from CNN

well, color me shocked.

What other reason was there for his detainment?
Given what we know about the asymmetrical relationship between the Israeli government and the Palestinian people, I believe Occam’s Razor applies. He spoke out against the government and was punished.

how would you like it if US forces came to your home after you criticized the outcome of Obergefell v. Hodges and got any traction with your arguments?
What don't you understand about providing basis for your fake news?

Like most everything in this world, including US politics, too much water has passed under the bridge. Truth is no longer objective. It's subjective. About the only thing we can be pretty sure about is history. Jews have occupied the ME for longer than Palestinians. Judaism has been around longer than Islam. Jehovah was before Allah. The conflict is not secular but religious. It's spiritual.
Ah, killing and oppression in God's name. Gotta love it. Israel is a bully who is trying to steal more land from Palestinians than they were given in the first place from Palestine to create israel.

What don't you understand about providing basis for your fake news?
Watch the video, observe the context, discuss the topic. If you’re here to deflect and deny it’s a waste of my time

Watch the video, observe the context, discuss the topic. If you’re here to deflect and deny it’s a waste of my time
I've done all that.
This is not the place to post your fake news stories.

I've done all that.
This is not the place to post your fake news stories.

right you’ve basically said “Nuh uh” the entire time. i can walk into a thread that contradicts a core belief of mine and say “Nuh uh” too.
I understand an exaggerated headline is triggering to someone like yourself. It’s unfortunate that we live in the era of clickbait. However, there is substance to the story, a substance you would rather not exist because it reveals truths about Israel

right you’ve basically said “Nuh uh” the entire time. i can walk into a thread that contradicts a core belief of mine and say “Nuh uh” too.
I understand an exaggerated headline is triggering to someone like yourself. It’s unfortunate that we live in the era of clickbait. However, there is substance to the story, a substance you would rather not exist because it reveals truths about Israel
It's unfortunate we live in the era of fake news where people like you spread false information and do so knowingly and out of ill intentions.

It's unfortunate we live in the era of fake news where people like you spread false information and do so knowingly and out of ill intentions.

Anything to say on the topic or just more Trumpian obfuscation?

Anything to say on the topic or just more Trumpian obfuscation?
Yeah - it's fake news.
Do you enjoy spreading false information?

My heart goes out to the Palestinians, what Israel has been doing to them over the years is shameful and criminal. Netanyahu is a killer, and corrupt like trump, only smarter.

Freedom of speech does not apply to Palestinian Arabs in the Occupied Territories it seems.

The Israeli government has had very strict censorship of ALL news media pertaining to IDF vs. Palestine for decades.

Does anyone have more information on this story?

During an interview on US MSM a Palestinian living in East Jerusalem retorted to the pro Israel framing with a pro human rights framing and got arrested for it

anyone have a link to the actual story or video from CNN

"This public service announcement has been brought to you by HamasTV, a participating member in the IRG network."

My heart goes out to the Palestinians, what Israel has been doing to them over the years is shameful and criminal. Netanyahu is a killer, and corrupt like trump, only smarter.
Spare us the US domestic politics, no need to push this everywhere.

~....................................................I understand an exaggerated headline is triggering .................................~
Then why did you publish it without doing some proper research first?

What other reason was there for his detainment?

If you listen to his interview on Democracy Now, the first thing he said was that he was protesting with a bunch of others and the police were breaking it up. He said he was just taken out of the area the cops were trying to clear. How many times have we watched that play out at BLM protests in the past year? Our court dockets were full of real arrests of people for not clearing out as ordered.

This is stupid.

The Israeli government has had very strict censorship of ALL news media pertaining to IDF vs. Palestine for decades.
CBS:

Yes, but Mr. El-Kurd was the subject of a New York Times article and then was interviewed by both CNN and MSNBC. Israeli censors are powerful but not in America. That is probably why he was detained and expelled from his neighbourhood twice. Now if the IDF were to bomb the headquarters of the three American news agencies as they did with the Associated Press offices in Gaza, then maybe they could have contained Mr. El-Kurd's words before they went viral. ;)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Then why did you publish it without doing some proper research first?

I tried to find what Kyle was talking about online and couldn’t find anything. I’m not submitting a term paper. I’m engaging with other political junkies here. It just so happens Israel/Palestine is one of the most divisive topics in politics so, people get triggered when they see information damaging to Israel.

At any rate, Amy Goodman herself says the word “arrested” in her opening statements. You must have missed it.

If you listen to his interview on Democracy Now, the first thing he said was that he was protesting with a bunch of others and the police were breaking it up. He said he was just taken out of the area the cops were trying to clear. How many times have we watched that play out at BLM protests in the past year? Our court dockets were full of real arrests of people for not clearing out as ordered.

This is stupid.

so, Israel has criminalized free speech?

Back
Top Bottom