• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palestinian tells the truth on CNN and gets arrested for it

I tried to find what Kyle was talking about online and couldn’t find anything. I’m not submitting a term paper. I’m engaging with other political junkies here. It just so happens Israel/Palestine is one of the most divisive topics in politics so, people get triggered when they see information damaging to Israel.
Was that your goal? Honest question!!!
At any rate, Amy Goodman herself says the word “arrested” in her opening statements. You must have missed it.
I neither missed it nor was she correct.

Was that your goal? Honest question!!!

I neither missed it nor was she correct.
goal was to find out if Israel is engaging in the suppression of speech and to what degree they suppress it.
And to find out how accurate Kyle’s summary was. It seems like Kyle has engaged in some hyperbole but, there is still truth to the accusations. I’m willing to admit that because I don’t care for partisan games. Can’t say the same for Israel’s defenders.

Well, the point is you can see how people would repeat the word “arrested” if broadcasters are saying he was arrested. If you don’t like the word arrested, which I’m not too fond of either, because that implies he went to jail, then we can say detained, but you don’t like that either, so we can say just say harassed if you’d like. Up to you.

goal was to find out if Israel is engaging in the suppression of speech and to what degree they suppress it.
And to find out how accurate Kyle’s summary was. It seems like Kyle has engaged in some hyperbole but, there is still truth to the accusations. I’m willing to admit that because I don’t care for partisan games. Can’t say the same for Israel’s defenders.
I reckon Israel's defenders (not all of them) don't care for partisan games either, especially when those games constitute uncritical support for the Hamas terrorists.
Well, the point is you can see how people would repeat the word “arrested” if broadcasters are saying he was arrested. If you don’t like the word arrested, which I’m not too fond of either, because that implies he went to jail, then we can say detained, but you don’t like that either, so we can say just say harassed if you’d like. Up to you.
He was pushed and dragged out of Sheikh Jarrah, that's the only thing either you or I can surmise. That this action was caused by his interview(s) cannot be ruled out, but as long as no factual proof of that can be raised, we're all neither here nor there.

Ah, killing and oppression in God's name. Gotta love it. Israel is a bully who is trying to steal more land from Palestinians than they were given in the first place from Palestine to create israel.
Hogwash. You need to find some unbiased history books. You've been watching to much CNN.

Well, both Mohammed and his sister Muna el-Kurd have been arrested and detained again by Israeli authorities. Muna was charged with incitement because she has been filming and documenting the actions of Israeli authorities in their attempts to evict Arab Palestinians from the Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood of East Jerusalem. After being held for much of the day she was released. Her brother was not so lucky and is still being held by Israel authorities with no clear indication of what the charges are against him at the time of this post. All this is ahead of the June 8th announcement as to whether these evictions are even legal.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
@Winston

More video pertaining to the arrests of Muna and Mohammed el-Kurd and an Al-Jazeera journalist who was roughed up and arrested by Israeli security authorities while covering the Sheikh Jarrah eviction drive. The journalist allegedly had her arm or wrist broken by the Israeli security forces and claims she was told by an Israeli officer that she was arrested to shut her and her network up about the Sheikh Jarrah evictions/expulsions.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Well, both Mohammed and his sister Muna el-Kurd have been arrested and detained again by Israeli authorities. Muna was charged with incitement because she has been filming and documenting the actions of Israeli authorities in their attempts to evict Arab Palestinians from the Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood of East Jerusalem. After being held for much of the day she was released. Her brother was not so lucky and is still being held by Israel authorities with no clear indication of what the charges are against him at the time of this post. All this is ahead of the June 8th announcement as to whether these evictions are even legal.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
@Winston

More video pertaining to the arrests of Muna and Mohammed el-Kurd and an Al-Jazeera journalist who was roughed up and arrested by Israeli security authorities while covering the Sheikh Jarrah eviction drive. The journalist allegedly had her arm or wrist broken by the Israeli security forces and claims she was told by an Israeli officer that she was arrested to shut her and her network up about the Sheikh Jarrah evictions/expulsions.

Beyond which the Israeli Supreme Court is set to hear an appeal from the families affected in Sheikh Jarrah, but will not convene on the matter before December.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Mohammed el-Kurd was also released yesterday and the injury to Givara Budeiri remains unclear regarding its source. As unclear (un-evidenced) as the police claim that the journalist kicked a police women.

From what footage I could see on Al-Jazeera itself, Budeiri put up a helluva fight in which injury to herself may well have arisen, nevertheless the conduct by Israeli security forces was way over the top and the force displayed totally unnecessary.

Even where it appears, as always, to be a "they said, she said" scenario, going at a clearly identifiable member of the press in this manner is inexcusable, no matter what stones and fireworks were hurled at Israeli security forces further away and off-camera.

The 15 day restraining order imposed on her and barring her from visiting Sheikh Jarrah also says a lot on Israeli attitudes towards freedom of press.

Beyond all of which the Israeli Supreme Court is set to hear an appeal from the families affected in Sheikh Jarrah, but will not convene on the matter before December.

I'm sure they have made their decision, but they have elected to delay the announcment... which pretty much mean bye-bye Palestinian squatters.
Any comment on Jews squatting on land that isn't theirs to occupy or build 'settlements' on? Who gave them permission to do so?

Ok, you tell me where israel got the land to form their nation.
Jehovah, the God of the Bible, willed it to them through an everlasting covenant. How do you think such a small country is overcoming, and surviving the hatred of so many? And antisemitism will get worse, but God and Israel will prevail.

Jehovah, the God of the Bible, willed it to them through an everlasting covenant. How do you think such a small country is overcoming, and surviving the hatred of so many? And antisemitism will get worse, but God and Israel will prevail.

The US UNSC veto is that which is allowing Israel to occupy and abuse the Palestinians and God, afaik and assuming they even exist, doesn't have a veto power vote there

The US UNSC veto is that which is allowing Israel to occupy and abuse the Palestinians and God, afaik and assuming they even exist, doesn't have a veto power vote there
Abuse the Palestinians? Hamas? Islamic Jihad? I guess there's two sides to that story. As for your secular treaties, etc., Wouldn't you think God is bigger that that? Assuming that He exists. Israel occupies by force, and not UN approval.

Are you also advocating for the Mullahs and Iran? Hezbollah?

Last edited:
Abuse the Palestinians? Hamas? Islamic Jihad? I guess there's two sides to that story. As for your secular treaties, etc., Wouldn't you think God is bigger that that? Assuming that He exists. Israel occupies by force, and not UN approval.

Yes, abuse of the Palestinians. It happens everyday, all day and hasn't stopped since Zionism decided that Jews had more right to a land than those already living there. It is the very abuses and violations of the Palestinians that are helping to swell the ranks of those groups you have mentioned and even so, the Palestinians are infinitely made up of more than the 2 groups you chose to cite

I think if there was a God, and he/she was all they are cracked up to be, we wouldn't see all the ugly stuff we see in this world everyday. Kids getting cancers, people being gunned down, entire countries being bombed back to an earlier age stage of development.

Israel occupies by force, not because of any Godlike intervention imo, but because the overwhelming world consensus for the creation of a Palestinian state, based on the 67 lines, is undermined by the US UNSC veto vote that hamstrings any progress that overwhelming consensus could muster/enforce.

I no more " advocate" for the Mullahs of Iran than I do the Jihadists within the Palestinian ranks........I believe in a secular world and that applies to all parties, be they Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu etc etc. I don't support Palestinian rights because of their religious affiliations, I support them for humanitarian reasons and because it was my own nations skullduggery/political opportunissm that paved the way for the current chaos

Uh huh.

Yes, abuse of the Palestinians. It happens everyday, all day and hasn't stopped since Zionism decided that Jews had more right to a land than those already living there
Defending yourself is not "abuse", building settlements on an unused land is also not "abuse" (even if you think they are illegal), then what is this "abuse" that happens every day?

If you want to base everything on fate constituted by divine ruling, you're free to do so. But that does not give you the right to accuse (even with a loaded question) those less prone to follow that religious angle of supporting those terrorists that base their existence and resulting claims on biblical (or qur'anical) babble.

Or, for that matter, on Torah-nical one.

IOW when wordly claims are based on the premise of "God gave it to us", all rational discussion ends and fanaticism takes its place (as we can see all over the world).

Yep. Amazingly people still cling to Bronze Age mythology and take their instructions from 2000 year-old books. Here's a hint; there are no 'gods'; we, humans, invented them in an attempt at explaining the world around us when we were too primitive and unsophisticated to work out why, for example, a harvest failed. So, 'god' must be angry. Solution? Sacrifice a goat or two to appease 'him'. Result? Great harvest, so 'god' must be happy with us. It really is that simplistic, and the sooner people wake up from their reliance on something which doesn't exist, quit feeling guilty because some ancient and anachronistic book says they must, quit killing each other over absurd religious differences and imperatives, the happier the world will be.

Last edited:
If there ever was such a thing as a 'god' I'm sure it would have abandoned Earth and its human inhabitants as a failed project thousands of years ago, and moved on to richer pastures. 'Wars, pestilence, famine, genocide; that wasn't in my plan..."

Defending yourself is not "abuse", building settlements on an unused land is also not "abuse" (even if you think they are illegal), then what is this "abuse" that happens every day?

You are " defending " yourselves in the way every settler colonialist group are compelled to " defend" themselves, from the people you are trying to dispossess and displace. Nobody with any sense of objectivity would believe this justification for mass abuse you are peddling here. The western settlers to the Americas " defending themselves" from the bows and arrows of the people who ?.........they are dispossessing and displacing. Same with New Zealand, Australia, they were defending themselves from the people they were aiming to dispossess and displace.

Building towns in YOUR own country is fine, building them in someone elses so as to try to annexe the territory is NOT

The abuses of the Palestinians by the state of Israel include a brutal and repressive half century plus military occupation. They include the theft of resources to sustain the illegal settlers. The right to a fair trial ( military courts), freedom of movement, freedom from violence by occupying forces and illegal settlers. They include the right not to be killed, to be protected from collective punishments, detention without trial, torture, displacement, homelessness. To be fee from seiges and continual attacks by the IDF. The right to self determination in a state of their own. The right to trade with other nations free from Israeli interventions............you would never stand for the above violations of your rights everyday and neither should they be forced to .

To ignore all of this , so as to paint yourself as the victims here, is just plain ridiculous and any person with half a brain should be able to see clean through this perception management rubbish

You are " defending " yourselves in the way every settler colonialist group are compelled to " defend" themselves, from the people you are trying to dispossess and displace. Nobody with any sense of objectivity would believe this justification for mass abuse you are peddling here. The western settlers to the Americas " defending themselves" from the bows and arrows of the people who ?.........they are dispossessing and displacing. Same with New Zealand, Australia, they were defending themselves from the people they were aiming to dispossess and displace.

Building towns in YOUR own country is fine, building them in someone elses so as to try to annexe the territory is NOT

The abuses of the Palestinians by the state of Israel include a brutal and repressive half century plus military occupation. They include the theft of resources to sustain the illegal settlers. The right to a fair trial ( military courts), freedom of movement, freedom from violence by occupying forces and illegal settlers. They include the right not to be killed, to be protected from collective punishments, detention without trial, torture, displacement, homelessness. To be fee from seiges and continual attacks by the IDF. The right to self determination in a state of their own. The right to trade with other nations free from Israeli interventions............you would never stand for the above violations of your rights everyday and neither should they be forced to .

To ignore all of this , so as to paint yourself as the victims here, is just plain ridiculous and any person with half a brain should be able to see clean through this perception management rubbish
Excellent. Prepare for, 'but the rockets...' My response? No illegal expansion and occupation, no need for Palestine to defend herself. Simple, no?

Excellent. Prepare for, 'but the rockets...' My response? No illegal expansion and occupation, no need for Palestine to defend herself. Simple, no?

Of course the " but the rockets" chorus will come bellowing in here but only by people who are either completely biased or completely ignorant. Let them sing in defence of tyranny, history will not support them in the long run imo

I asked this very question recently..............do the Palestinians have the right to defend themselves ? That it was greeted with either silence or deflections and that tells you all you need to know about the vast majority of posters in this subforum and the completely biased way they view the conflict.

Obviously no occupation. illegal settlement and land annexations IE settler colonial actions...........no need to defend yourself from it. It is simple but people here find it to be sacrilege against their biased preferences. lol

Of course the " but the rockets" chorus will come bellowing in here but only by people who are either completely biased or completely ignorant. Let them sing in defence of tyranny, history will not support them in the long run imo

I asked this very question recently..............do the Palestinians have the right to defend themselves ? That it was greeted with either silence or deflections and that tells you all you need to know about the vast majority of posters in this subforum and the completely biased way they view the conflict.

Obviously no occupation. illegal settlement and land annexations IE settler colonial actions...........no need to defend yourself from it. It is simple but people here find it to be sacrilege against their biased preferences. lol

Sure they do.

And please lie more about silence.

They can defend themselves by fighting the IDF.

But that is not what Hamas does.

What Hamas does is launch weapons galore against innocent civilians and their property.... All while putting Palestinians in harms way by way of human shields and invoking the wrath of the IDF they refuse to target.

Back
Top Bottom