• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh, The GOP Sure Showed Obama...

While the minimizers spin, Real ranchers/farmers were decimated in the western SD blizzard with no relief..
Dozens of communities around National Parks are being clobbered at 'COLOR' season..
Not far off from the NHL lock-out last winter crushing the 'little' guys in 30 cities..
Christmas will at least be dented again.
Oh I hope that's true. We've been in limbo because of this whole pointless shutdown. We're getting a home loan from the USDA to move and we were like 2 days away from moving when this happened. Hopefully we'll be able to move next weekend.

Well that's just hyperbolic.
It's really not, look at the Wilson, Carter, and Roosevelt(both) administrations plus Nixon and it's a no contest situation.

The exact numbers where all over, but trends where clear. No one was going to win in a prolonged standoff.

And congress had a 5 % approval rate. And expanded background checks for gun purchases had what, 90 + % ? You sure you want to go down this road?
Everybody was going to lose, which was the whole point, make people decide once and for all which way they wanted to go. When both hands are bad, play it out.

so you discount the 7% rise in popularity..

Oh right, it's ok to ignore the people if they like what you did years down the road. I keep forgetting this idiotic train of thought actually exists.

It's really not, look at the Wilson, Carter, and Roosevelt(both) administrations plus Nixon and it's a no contest situation.

FDR was the best President we've ever had.

And Carter was better than he got credit for.

As with Social Security, which Cantor and Ryan got caught coming after again this past Tuesday.
Oh right, it's ok to ignore the people if they like what you did years down the road. I keep forgetting this idiotic train of thought actually exists.

ACA had already gone through. Not sure how you missed it, it was in all the news a few years back.
It's also polling slightly worse than bloody diarrhea.

FDR was the best President we've ever had.
Complete bull ****. Only Keynsian economists give him any kind of credibility, every other economic discipline proves he prolonged the depression, and he set back the constitutional Republic by more than a century.

And Carter was better than he got credit for.
At what? Every part of his presidency failed, he sucked at diplomacy, economics, domestic, and foreign policy.

Which reminds me of Rep. Grayson being gavelled to order in the well on a rant on his third comparison, between TEAts and dog poo..
It's also polling slightly worse than bloody diarrhea.

Which reminds me of Rep. Grayson being gavelled to order in the well on a rant on his third comparison, between TEAts and dog poo..
Yeah, the Congress is showing slightly higher approval than cockroaches(both parties, deserved) but slightly higher than Obamacare. It's a toss up.

As with Social Security, which Cantor and Ryan got caught coming after again this past Tuesday.

Yeah, that is a great example of how the democrats operate when passing their welfare agenda. They pass something everyone hates and is pleading the government to not pass but as time passes the economy and the people become dependent on the program and as you would expect whenever you give someone services at someone else's dime those receiving benefits refuse to give them up at any cost. All the democrats ever do with welfare is play off the selfishness of people while expanding the governments influence on the market and the people.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Congress is showing slightly higher approval than cockroaches(both parties, deserved) but slightly higher than Obamacare. It's a toss up.

I would call ACA's popularity an order of magnitude higher, such as Congress at 5% and ACA at 50%.

I'll assume you don't have preexisting conditions..
Yeah, that is a great example of how the democrats operate when passing their welfare agenda. They pass something everyone hates and is pleading the government to not pass but as time passes the economy and the people become dependent on the program and as you would expect whenever you give someone services at someone else's dime those receiving benefits refuse to give them up at any cost. All the democrats ever do with welfare is play on selfishness of people while expanding the governments influence on the market and the people.

I would call ACA's popularity an order of magnitude higher, such as Congress at 5% and ACA at 50%.
ACA isn't even close to 50%, it's less than 30% as of the last polling. Problem is, people are finally starting to understand that the warnings were true.

Well that's just hyperbolic.

he's constantly proven to be an extremely weak executive and party leader. It's sad, because he had some serious political capital going into his first term, and it was essentially squandered as he played the great appeaser on a 24/7 re-election campaign

we would have been better served by Hillary

I'll assume you don't have preexisting conditions..

So all you have to use in your defense is the government forcing insurance companies to provide service to people with pre-existing conditions? I would think you would have more than government violating the liberty and property rights of people as your defense.

The 10-for-1 hand-raise was priceless..
Too bad you guys didn't listen to Sen. Coburn with his Grand Bargain, for all of our sakes.

I keep telling you I'm not into party politics, nor do I have much affinity for the GOP

Even if less than your 30%, which does not include undecided, that is not SLIGHTLY higher than Congress..ACA is still MARKEDLY more popular than Congress and growing, up 7% since 10-1-13..Even M. Lee, Cruz's partner also ripped by Krauthammer, said defund is "so last week"
ACA isn't even close to 50%, it's less than 30% as of the last polling. Problem is, people are finally starting to understand that the warnings were true.

Which means labels don't matter to you next year then, right??More false equivalency.
I keep telling you I'm not into party politics, nor do I have much affinity for the GOP

How much more would you like per post??
So all you have to use in your defense is the government forcing insurance companies to provide service to people with pre-existing conditions? I would think you would have more than government violating the liberty and property rights of people as your defense.

Which means labels don't matter to you next year then, right??More false equivalency.

huh?If you mean party affiliation, then no. I can confidently say I never have voted for a candidate based on being democrat or republican. The only time I cast such votes is when I am throwing a third party a bone, and then I usually don't vote based on politics, but on how close the party is to reaching a public funding threshold.

Back
Top Bottom