• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oh, The GOP Sure Showed Obama...

Is this true? I can't find it anywhere else and I don't trust the site from the OP.

If it is then holy ****ing awesome!!!

:2dance:

Best I can find, no deal in place, but republicans are backing down. I would expect a bill to vote on Mondayish.

Again, no. They could have won, if people bought into the idea democrats where at fault. People proved to be smarter than that. Carrying this on much longer and real damage is done to the country so they had to negotiate. Now all they can do is get something instead of nothing.
Not true. According to one or two polls(NBC, WAPO, Skewed left) yes, according to the average person on the street, they were all at fault.

When you bluff on a bad hand, sometimes you get called. Republicans had a bad hand.
And when both people have a bad hand you let it ride.

Best I can find, no deal in place, but republicans are backing down. I would expect a bill to vote on Mondayish.

Oh I hope that's true. We've been in limbo because of this whole pointless shutdown. We're getting a home loan from the USDA to move and we were like 2 days away from moving when this happened. Hopefully we'll be able to move next weekend.

Again, no. They could have won, if people bought into the idea democrats where at fault. People proved to be smarter than that. Carrying this on much longer and real damage is done to the country so they had to negotiate. Now all they can do is get something instead of nothing.

When you bluff on a bad hand, sometimes you get called. Republicans had a bad hand.

one thing the current GOP has continually shown is that they are completely tone def when dealing with anyone outside their base. They simply don't know how to appeal to the average voter. So every time they are dependent on pushing a narrative people just sit back and watch them self destruct in spectacular fashion while they rave about moon commies and death panels.

Just look at the **** show of a primary they had in 2012 and the rotating buffet of crazy

Not true. According to one or two polls(NBC, WAPO, Skewed left) yes, according to the average person on the street, they were all at fault.

Taking anecdotal evidence over valid polling is not very logical.

Which is what the GOP should have done until the Press turned, which is always only a matter of time.

If I talk to 10 guys on the street and I see a poll telling me that out of 500 surveyed, I'm gonna listen to the guys on the street. I actually heard what they have to say in the context of how they said it.

Oh yeah, polls are wrong, but anecdote is right. You guys tried this kinda thing last year...turned out the polls where right.

Except democrats did not have a weak hand. They where not the ones trying to change things.

I don't think it's so anecdotal. Polls are all over the place, that leads me to believe the ones the Republicans are scared of aren't exactly accurate.

Which is what the GOP should have done until the Press turned, which is always only a matter of time.
Exactly right, when the situation sucks and everyone is to blame, leave it up to blind luck.

I don't think it's so anecdotal. Polls are all over the place, that leads me to believe the ones the Republicans are scared of aren't exactly accurate.

Just like the election last year.......where all the polls were right.

one thing the current GOP has continually shown is that they are completely tone def when dealing with anyone outside their base. They simply don't know how to appeal to the average voter. So every time they are dependent on pushing a narrative people just sit back and watch them self destruct in spectacular fashion while they rave about moon commies and death panels.

Just look at the **** show of a primary they had in 2012 and the rotating buffet of crazy

There is a lot of truth to that at times. As a democrat it is kinda fun to watch. "Why don't you leaches and takers vote for us?"...

Oh yeah, polls are wrong, but anecdote is right. You guys tried this kinda thing last year...turned out the polls where right.
NBC and WaPo are left of the New York Times. Their polls suck. Fact is that polling is all over the place right now.

Except democrats did not have a weak hand. They where not the ones trying to change things.
This is your opinion, the Republicans were fighting against something that has less than 30% approval, there is no way to reconcile the polls between the shutdown and Obamacare.

Exactly right, when the situation sucks and everyone is to blame, leave it up to blind luck.

Heh, it wouldn't have been luck, who's our "leader"? The buck stops with him, no? Who the hell he thinks he is that he doesn't have to negotiate with Congress? C'mon...

I tried the site but got hit by an Internet stoppage right away..
These sites are very preemptive, as Red-State did to Paul Ryan this past Tuesday and he went running to B. Bennett backing off..
Their sense of false equivalency says that any amount of time for a debt ceiling will just be accepted, point blank..
6 weeks is JFK's 50th.
Is this true? I can't find it anywhere else and I don't trust the site from the OP.

If it is then holy ****ing awesome!!!

:2dance:

The only hand they had from the start was to not work with the republicans, but like the good little dip****s they are the republicans kept folding as they watched the democrats not respond. All the republicans had to do was sit there and keep sending them the same bill over and over again until Obamas desire to go down in history as a great president got the better of him.

Just like the election last year.......where all the polls were right.
Who knows why those polls failed? Honestly, Obama is the worst thing that's ever happened to the White House, and there are extremist clowns that are screwing this country up in both parties. To be honest, Romney was no threat to Obama, and I'm on record as saying such.

Heh, it wouldn't have been luck, who's our "leader"? The buck stops with him, no? Who the hell he thinks he is that he doesn't have to negotiate with Congress? C'mon...
Well, for some reason the biggest idiot in US history has escaped the "presidential blame" designation so that isn't a given for some reason.

NBC and WaPo are left of the New York Times. Their polls suck. Fact is that polling is all over the place right now.

This is your opinion, the Republicans were fighting against something that has less than 30% approval, there is no way to reconcile the polls between the shutdown and Obamacare.

The exact numbers where all over, but trends where clear. No one was going to win in a prolonged standoff.

And congress had a 5 % approval rate. And expanded background checks for gun purchases had what, 90 + % ? You sure you want to go down this road?

Who knows why those polls failed? Honestly, Obama is the worst thing that's ever happened to the White House, and there are extremist clowns that are screwing this country up in both parties. To be honest, Romney was no threat to Obama, and I'm on record as saying such.

Well that's just hyperbolic.

The 10-for-1 hand-raise was priceless..
Too bad you guys didn't listen to Sen. Coburn with his Grand Bargain, for all of our sakes.

The exact numbers where all over, but trends where clear. No one was going to win in a prolonged standoff.

And congress had a 5 % approval rate. And expanded background checks for gun purchases had what, 90 + % ? You sure you want to go down this road?

So if the polls are so right, why is the GOP caving, why is the ACA gonna go through?

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

The polls clearly show it's unpopular and the GOP should be doubling down on making sure it gets no funding.

ACA had already gone through. Not sure how you missed it, it was in all the news a few years back.

Exactly...don't want to go down that path...

Last edited:
ACA had already gone through. Not sure how you missed it, it was in all the news a few years back.

Yeah, and the people didn't want it then either.

Back
Top Bottom