• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NPR Fires News Analyst [Juan Williams] After Remarks About Muslims

Do you agree with Juan Williams's firing?

• Total voters
Excuse me? Are you paranoid? Is everything about you? Trust me, if I wanted to insult you, you'd know it by now.
I was merely imparting wisdom....as you have done.

dood if I were you I'd tone it down a notch. It is just a message board.

Excuse me? Are you paranoid? Is everything about you? Trust me, if I wanted to insult you, you'd know it by now.
I was merely imparting wisdom....as you have done.

And my father is bigger and can beat your father.

Looks like he got the axe:

I now have one question... WHERE IS THE NAACP ON THIS????
Will it be because the NAACP thinks just like NRP????

Does anybody know or have an idea why the NAACP hasn't benn involved in this??

The really sad part of this story is that people think Juan's statement was reasonable and normal.

The really sad part of this story is that people think Juan's statement was reasonable and normal.

He was just expressing how he personally felt. He didn't say "Muslims are going to blow up my plane" or "Everyone should be worried when they see Muslims on their plane." He was merely acknowledging that that was how he felt...and he didn't really seem proud of it. Who among us doesn't have any irrational prejudices?

See, I don't think the Republicans on this forum understand this: congress can't tell the CPB what to fund and what not to fund.

The is just wrong. Congress can do whatever it wants with its money - they could change the rules that the CPB operates under tomorrow if they wanted to.

How was it not reasonable and normal? He acknowledged that in certain situations, he gets a little nervous as a result of a niggling and somewhat irrational prejudice that he has. He didn't say that he hates muslims or that they should be deprived of their rights. He said he gets nervous. BFD.

As I said before, I would wager that 95% of people have a similar type of internal prejudice toward a group of people. The other 5% are liars.

Juan's comment was an endorsement for unreasoned fear and prejudice. 95% of Americans are prejudiced and the other 5% are liars? Doesn't make it right. Thank God, it doesn't save Juan's job at NPR. Good riddance.

Juan's comment was an endorsement for unreasoned fear and prejudice.

How exactly was it an endorsement? He didn't say that EVERYONE should feel nervous around Muslims at airports. He didn't even say that his OWN feelings were justified, merely that they existed.

Do you have any irrational negative feelings toward any group of people in any situation? Or are you always 100% colorblind, gender-blind, nationality-blind, and religion-blind in every possible circumstance?

Juan's comment was an endorsement for unreasoned fear and prejudice. 95% of Americans are prejudiced and the other 5% are liars? Doesn't make it right. Thank God, it doesn't save Juan's job at NPR. Good riddance.

Thank you for pointing out the thing that liberals will never understand... Human nature.

Thank you for pointing out the thing that liberals will never understand... Human nature.

And thanks for demonstrating, once again, the success of Rush Limbaugh and Fox News propogating the false notion that there exists a distinct dichotomy "liberal" / "conservative"

Back
Top Bottom