• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller releases memo summarizing FBI's interview with Michael Flynn

Amazing that Flynn plead guilty to perjury with a lie regarding a statement of "Not really, I don't remember".

Amazing that Flynn plead guilty to perjury with a lie regarding a statement of "Not really, I don't remember".

Makes you wonder how many other criminal charges he (and his son) was facing before the plea deal, eh?

I always roll on the floor laughing when somebody says "perjury trap"; that ranks right up there with someone telling the truth being a "rat". Lying to a federal agent is a felony. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Perjury is the intentional act of swearing a false oath or falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth, whether spoken or in writing, concerning matters material to an official proceeding.

My point isn't that Flynn may not have lied, its that the FBI agents came to the White House with the purpose of getting Flynn to perjure himself. Why do I say that? BECAUSE they already knew the answers to the questions they were asking and they also knew that Flynn talking to the ambassador during the transition period was totally legal. Perjury is lying about something that is material to the case. What case....other than lying to the FBI? Comey openly bragged last week about setting Flynn up. Add that to the facts that the FBI didn't want Flynn to have a Lawyer present, did not inform Flynn he was being investigated, and did not Mirandize Flynn. That is the very definition of a perjury trap. I don't care if you think it wasn't a perjury trap people like Alan Dershowitz who is eminently more qualified on the subject than you believes it was a perjury trap. :roll:

Last edited:
1. Given that this most recently released 302 was dated 2 days AFTER Flynn resigned...
2. Given that 302 was certified 3 WEEKS after the interview...
Yes...I am wondering exactly that.
Hahah, based on no facts, you've got a conspiracy theory idea coincidentally against the DOJ that Trump is under investigation by.
No, we don't wonder why you type the lies and conspiracy nuttery you type. We know, we have a mountain of evidence in the form of your worthless posts.

The hand-written notes?!? Oh my, like the DNC server was never taken???? OOOh, you really got'em there!

Good christ.

Hahah, based on no facts, you've got a conspiracy theory idea coincidentally against the DOJ that Trump is under investigation by.
No, we don't wonder why you type the lies and conspiracy nuttery you type. We know, we have a mountain of evidence in the form of your worthless posts.

The hand-written notes?!? Oh my, like the DNC server was never taken???? OOOh, you really got'em there!

Good christ.

Everything I stated is a fact. Your denial doesn't change that.

And yes...there WERE handwritten notes...except nobody will show them.

It's so, I don't know....fascinating....to watch "Republicans" try to claim that a someone with Flynn's experience didn't know how to answer questions from the FBI. It's the FBI's fault that Flynn lied! Flynn's a great guy! He wanted to lock her up!

Trump has reduced former "Republicans" to quivering bowls of Jello.

My point isn't that Flynn may not have lied, its that the FBI agents came to the White House with the purpose of getting Flynn to perjure himself. Why do I say that? BECAUSE they already knew the answers to the questions they were asking and they also knew that Flynn talking to the ambassador during the transition period was totally legal. Perjury is lying about something that is material to the case. What case....other than lying to the FBI? Comey openly bragged last week about setting Flynn up. Add that to the facts that the FBI didn't want Flynn to have a Lawyer present, did not inform Flynn he was being investigated, and did not Mirandize Flynn. That is the very definition of a perjury trap. I don't care if you think it wasn't a perjury trap people like Alan Dershowitz who is eminently more qualified on the subject than you believes it was a perjury trap. :roll:

A lawyer never asks a question s/he doesn't already know the answer to.

Michael Flynn failed to properly disclose payments from Russia and Turkey
"The form he had to fill out," Connolly said, "specifically says you must answer completely and truthfully. He did neither, it was not complete and it wasn't truthful, so there's no question about a violation of law."
Connolly pointed out that it is a federal felony to knowingly withhold information on the form, and said the key questions now are, "Was it willful? Was it accidental? You mean you just forgot that you made $70,000 from an appearance in RT in Russia and an appearance in Turkey? That's hard to believe."

Mueller's prosecutors noted that in the weeks before the FBI interview Flynn had also lied about his discussions with the Russian ambassador to reporters, Vice President Mike Pence and members of the president's transition team.

Flynn has acknowledged falsely denying that his conversation with Kislyak included a discussion of Russia sanctions.

I always roll on the floor laughing when somebody says "perjury trap"; that ranks right up there with someone telling the truth being a "rat". Lying to a federal agent is a felony. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Also see the definition below and tell me why the FBI was there to talk to Flynn they already knew what Flynn said they had the phone recordings. What was their purpose? Again I'm not saying Flynn didn't lie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury_trap

A perjury trap is a legal situation in which a prosecutor calls a witness to testify with the intent to base a perjury charge on their statements, not to indict them for a previous crime. It has been argued by legal scholars whether or not this constitutes a form of entrapment.

The treatment of Flynn by our so-called justice system.

Flynn had backroom deals to invade a citizen in my home town and illegally extradite him to Turkey for $15m USD.

Unfair? The man is an absolute criminal.

Also see the definition below and tell me why the FBI was there to talk to Flynn they already knew what Flynn said they had the phone recordings. What was their purpose? Again I'm not saying Flynn didn't lie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury_trap

So much for "transparency". Flynn, again, is a backroom dealing bagboy for Turkey. $15m to steal Fetullah Gulen, in a dirty deal?

Pffft. Throw his ass to the sharks.

Finally caught Flynn! He fooled us all with those decades of service to the country, just so he could have a conversation with the Russians and get away with it. Mueller is to smart for him!

Flynn seems to be a central figure in the Mueller investigation.

It's been pointed out that Flynn didn't give anyone but a ****load of people up. We saw his business partners get indicted today. So that means either A) Mueller just believes everything he says and is hungry with power or B) Mueller has evidence that proves Flynn was doing illegal things forcing him to make the deal.

Mueller has likely information that places Flynn at every single narrative in Trussia collusion from the emails to kidnappings and more. Remember Cohen got three years in jail. Flynn gets none. So that means A) he gave up extremely credible evidence or B) Mueller is a terrible prosecutor who sucks at making deals.

I can see how both of these two narratives at this point in time can be true depending on where your loyalties lie. Fear not though, we still have quite a ways to go for the whole story to be laid out.

Ohhh...I think this chicken **** is just about over now.

And the predicate for going after him was FARA law...Something never used to prosecute anyone...In fact, so benign was FARA, that it's never been prosecuted...In fact most cases before this were handled by a letter to the violator warning them to get right with the law...Where have we heard this type of prosecution before?

During the Obama administration it was general practice to find archaic laws on the books for the administration to use politically to go after their opponents. This was nothing more than that. They were going after what ever they could to go after Trump, his administration, and any of those supporters around him that aided in the election win...And it continues today...This is IMHO, a markedly different path for America, in politics, than the path America has been on since its founding, and not for the better.

It's so, I don't know....fascinating....to watch "Republicans" try to claim that a someone with Flynn's experience didn't know how to answer questions from the FBI. It's the FBI's fault that Flynn lied! Flynn's a great guy! He wanted to lock her up!

Actually...Trump is reducing the credibility of the FBI, to that of a crossing-guard.
And Mueller may be in for quite a surprise in the near future.

Oh, I don't think that is so Tres....Many people, regardless of the narratives of the detractors, see what's going on here, and are not ok with it.

Actually...Trump is reducing the credibility of the FBI, to that of a crossing-guard.
And Mueller may be in for quite a surprise in the near future.

Awesome. Then you'll be sure to call them up and tell them you don't ever want their help and protection. Maybe, if we're real lucky, the reality TV game show host will take over all investigations in this country. I mean, who better to find the criminals than the man who is very likely one himself. Yeeha!

A lawyer never asks a question s/he doesn't already know the answer to.

That is not true I have lawyers in a deposition ask me questions about things they clearly had no knowledge of. Plus two non lawyer FBI agents investigation are supposed to be seeking answers to things they do not know. So you statement is factually false its a good thing I'm not a FBI agent or you would have just perjured yourself. :lol:

Michael Flynn failed to properly disclose payments from Russia and Turkey
"The form he had to fill out," Connolly said, "specifically says you must answer completely and truthfully. He did neither, it was not complete and it wasn't truthful, so there's no question about a violation of law."
Connolly pointed out that it is a federal felony to knowingly withhold information on the form, and said the key questions now are, "Was it willful? Was it accidental? You mean you just forgot that you made $70,000 from an appearance in RT in Russia and an appearance in Turkey? That's hard to believe."

Again since your comprehension is obviously lacking. I'm not saying Flynn did not lie. I'm not 100% sure if he did or didn't and the agents weren't there asking questions about any money Flynn may have made in Turkey. The agents were there talking to Flynn to see if he had Talked to the Russian Ambassador. If they had talked to him about the $70k it would have appeared in the 302 and he would have known he was being investigated

Mueller's prosecutors noted that in the weeks before the FBI interview Flynn had also lied about his discussions with the Russian ambassador to reporters, Vice President Mike Pence and members of the president's transition team.

So what? Where is the crime they were investigating? Its not a crime to lie to reporters Obama did that so did Rice and Hillary among virtually every other politician in Washington. Talking to the Russian Ambassador during the transition certainly isn't a crime.

Flynn has acknowledged falsely denying that his conversation with Kislyak included a discussion of Russia sanctions.
Yes I know that is because he fell into a perjury trap.

1. Given that this most recently released 302 was dated 2 days AFTER Flynn resigned...

2. Given that 302 was certified 3 WEEKS after the interview...

3. Given that one day prior to the 302 being certified Stzrok and Page were texting about whether McCabe (remember him? the guy who maneuvered Flynn in to the meeting without a lawyer) had approved the wording of the 302...

4. Given that the hand-written notes of the interview...written by Agent Pientka...and the agent himself...have never been seen...

5. Given that the DOJ/FBI, to this date, refuse to allow Pientka to testify before Congress...

Yes...I am wondering exactly that.

For someone who has no problems with any investigation, you sure have a long list of problems you have with this investigation

Awesome. Then you'll be sure to call them up and tell them you don't ever want their help and protection. Maybe, if we're real lucky, the reality TV game show host will take over all investigations in this country. I mean, who better to find the criminals than the man who is very likely one himself. Yeeha!

:lamo
What ever happened to the ol' battle cry, "If he broke the law, he needs to be charged!"

You people...such opportunistic hypocrites...:roll:

Perjury to a FBI agent is lying about something material to the case. The FBI came to the WH to question Flynn about a conversation that they already knew 100% what Flynn had said and was 100% legal so what material case was the FBI investigating other than giving Flynn the opportunity to lie to them?

:lamo
What ever happened to the ol' battle cry, "If he broke the law, he needs to be charged!"

You people...such opportunistic hypocrites...:roll:
... are you in doubt Flynn broke the law? Give us the expert opinions on US law which his current legal advise is not giving him.

Go on.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Back
Top Bottom