• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mueller releases memo summarizing FBI's interview with Michael Flynn

It must be nice in that fantasy world of yours.

LOL! Given your perpetual state of delusional bewilderment, no one expects you to understand what the rest of us recognize as 'reality'.

Please don't have a sad.

Yes, and an FBI agent in counter intelligence is an FBI agent nontheless. What's your argument here? That one FBI agent won't talk to another if he thinks a crime has been committed and a person has committed perjury?

You're laughably misguided. It's fun though.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Strzok didnt think a crime was committed. Mueller did.

In which scenario did Flynn not lie to the FBI though? He lied in all of them.

Lol, you know that's a crime right? I get it, I get it, Flynn knew it was a crime, you just don't care and don't think he should be prosecuted for it.

Your performance in this discussion is terrible.

Do Flynn's almost comic actions make any real sense to you? It's like something out of a mystery novel plot line. And the memo shows how Flynn lied a number of times to the FBI.

I gotta put things into perspective.

1) Flynn was an Unregistered Agent for Turkey while he was selected for the NSA position
2) Flynn During Transition, met his is Russian counterpart discussed sanctions was recorded.
3) Flynn was interviewed by the FBI about his interactions
4) Flynn was fired for lying to Pence.

NOW....

1) DID Flynn know or intent-fully NOT register as a Foreign Agent. THIS to me is the HIGHER crime, then lying to the FBI
2) Flynn met with Kislyak, and had discussion NOTHING illegal about this. (lots of odd caveats here) He probably knew, they recorded it, He knew it probably was NOT illegal, He LIKELY forgot about it over time so
2a) Per above why plead guilty to lynig to above.
2b) Was pleading guilty part of the plea bargain to not charge for registering as a foreign agent

KICKERS-

3) Redacted points of Flynn's report from mueller, 1 we know has to do with lying to an FBI the other 2 we KNOW NOTHING....
4) We know he cooperated with Mueller, WE KNOW NOTHING of the cooperation
5) Flynns business partners are now being charged...... possible 1 of the 2 heavily redacted reports......

Current UN redacted and indications do NOT show any type of dot connections to Trump Russia collusion... (as of yet) So the seemingly Flynn is the nail in the coffin to be seen.

With that Closing points.

1) True crime was going in to a cabinet level position without disclosing his lobbying effort for Turkey THIS to me is the biggest NO NO. The lobbying is NOT illegal but he needed to report it and he failed to do so. (Judge Emmit has stated his concern about this)

2) He pleaded guilty to lying about his contacts with Kislyak VERY odd...as it was NOT illegal to do so, it was recorded and the are NOT charging for any conspiracy to commit against the US so he did NOT act in ways of Treason...So why is the please guilty to lying to the FBI the chargeable offense.

3) 2 of 3 reports are COMPLETELY unknown cooperation but im putting my guess.... Has NOTHING to do with TRUMP and all to do with his lobbying efforts. His cooperation was to THOSE ties so they can setup possible charges against those individual... YET again nothing to do with a Russian Collusion matter.

Anyways.... I need to research EXACTLY what type of lobbying he was doing for Turkey... if it was serious enough to question his non bias ability to perform in the capacity of NSA director then that should be the Hallmark of Concerning charges... not "Lying to the FBI".... This should be more concerning than Russian collusion??

False. Strzok knew Flynn had lied before he left his Flynn's office. Strzok knew what Fynn had discussed in those phone calls. I guess the agents thought given the context it was rather remarkable how Flynn didn't exhibit any of the usual physical tells or ticks that someone who knows he or she is lying to federal agents usually show. As a counter-intelligence person who can appreciate how difficult that can be Strzok was probably so impressed by how skillfully Flynn had masked his deception he just had to remark to his boss about it.

In which scenario did Flynn not lie to the FBI though? He lied in all of them.

Lol, you know that's a crime right? I get it, I get it, Flynn knew it was a crime, you just don't care and don't think he should be prosecuted for it.

Your performance in this discussion is terrible.

Yawn. Read, dont assume. The note below quotes the note to which I originally responded.

Or read below which is a pretty good summary:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/flynn-fact-and-narrative/

False. Strzok knew Flynn had lied before he left his Flynn's office. Strzok knew what Fynn had discussed in those phone calls. I guess the agents thought given the context it was rather remarkable how Flynn didn't exhibit any of the usual physical tells or ticks that someone who knows he or she is lying to federal agents usually show. As a counter-intelligence person who can appreciate how difficult that can be Strzok was probably so impressed by how skillfully Flynn had masked his deception he just had to remark to his boss about it.

Who did nothing. Mueller is who pushed.

According to Mueller.

LOL! Mueller was not even around when the 302 was digitally signed and certified and entered in the FBI document system in February 2017, professor. As usual you have nothing.

Who did nothing. Mueller is who pushed.

My God! What is your major malfunction? The case was given over to Mueller when he was appointed as a Special Counsel in May 2017. Strzok was an investigative agent in the FBI. He doesn't make any decisions about who gets charged and who doesn't. He reports the facts and evidence he gathers to his superiors. Flynn pleaded guilty in December 2017.

NOW....1) DID Flynn know or intent-fully NOT register as a Foreign Agent. THIS to me is the HIGHER crime, then lying to the FBI

Flynn definitely knew he had to register as a foreign agent and he did it intentionally as he made false statements on the FARA filings he did later make in regard to his work for Turks and I think just about any lawyer will tell you lying to federal agents was and is a more serious offense. Judge Sullivan sure make it abundantly clear that he believed that a high government official like Flynn lying to federal agents was a very serious offense

2) Flynn met with Kislyak, and had discussion NOTHING illegal about this. (lots of odd caveats here) He probably knew, they recorded it, He knew it probably NOT illegal, He LIKELY forgot about it over time so

Right there is nothing illegal for a man in Flynn's position on the surface in speaking with Russian Ambassador. Lying about about the material facts of his conversation to federal agents was illegal. Kind of hard to believe that a man of Flynn's experience would not expect that those conversations were collected. The million dollar question is why in spite of all that did he lie about them. Since his sentencing was postponed we didn't get to hear him explain in his own words why he did it and I'm not really sure if that would be something we would get to hear or see if he did. But there had to be a reason for him to take that kind of a seemingly foolish chance.

2a) Per above why plead guilty to lynig to above.

Because the government has irrefutable proof that he did lie to the above

2b) Was pleading guilty part of the plea bargain to not charge for registering as a foreign agent

There were a number of things that Flynn could have been charged with that would have amounted to substantial time in prison. Flynn did get pretty sweet deal in having to plead to only one of them. To the Judge Sullivan's thinking apparently a little too sweet. That was one the reasons why Judge Sullivan asked the Mueller team if Flynn could have been indicted along with his associates, Kian and Alptekin in the indictment filed on Dec. 12 in Virginia and they replied yes he could have been indicted in that same case.

Yawn. Read, dont assume. The note below quotes the note to which I originally responded.

Or read below which is a pretty good summary:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/flynn-fact-and-narrative/
You need an opinion piece from a failing publication to tell you how to see things. I don't. Again, in no scenario did Flynn not lie to the FBI so what is there to discuss? Unicorns in the form of perjury traps?

Happy Holidays Atomic!

I am sure Flynn knew too.... How can you NOT. Making false statements. HERE is the thing in any of the reports I do NOT recall him being charged for lying in relation to his Turkey Lobbying. Nor lying about his registration of a foreign agent. Next is actually trying to see if if not registering is an actual crime (sorry reading while I type). The questionable item to me is... Was Flynn being an unregistered foriegn agent of turkey due to his lobbying a disqualifying attribute or a question of conspiracy to commit/defraud the US. Which Judge Emmit seem to feel he was potentially committing some type of treason. THIS seems like a WAY higher crime.

I totally agree with you abuot the conversations. next is the material fact, so That is where the "lying" has come in...this is where he is being charged. lying about the meeting and lying about the discuss. LOTS of kickers that are left completely unanswered.

1) DID he really lie? 2 FBI investigators didnt initially think he did, WAS it the FBI that initiated the charges to prosecutors or was it mueller? (sorry lots more question then answer-googling)
2) Did he mis-remember and NOT have an opportunity to at least clarify. As currently more "smoke" has been inserted with the Comey interview about "just sending 2 agents" and Mcabe and no lawyer or WH council. This makes it FISHY...BUT does not exonerate a guilty plea for lying. JUST making the water really muddy.
3) Like you state....AFTER all this, why WOULD he lie... that doesnt really make any sense at all???
4) AGAIN though my bigger concerns. lying about a legal meeting seems NOTHING in comparison to being a NON registered Foreign agent, lobbying for Turkey, Taking the Position as NSA director and and still NOT registering, It might not be a crime per say but it has to be some kind of conflict of interest?

my 2a) NO NO I got you..... Fact is he plead guilty thats fact. What I was trying to say was..... If he knew he was being recorded, they knew what they were talking about..... Why lie then be forced to be "Plead guilty" Kinda seems like you WALKED into your OWN guilt.....unless again.... may be he was misled to make the statement in error. didnt realize the FBI agents where going to "trap" him and he made an honest mistake and honed that decision of "lying" while actually only not remembering.

I mean if a cop as me if I have ever opened the cookie jar....I said no.... but then realized wait I did..... I did lie.... so I am have to accept that I did lie... but it was by accident?

Atomic! Thank you so MUCH for the honest conversation.... I have truly started to enjoy our debates. When we first started it out it was pretty hostile and partisian, YET now we have come a long way.

With that. to respond to my 2b) point has really given me an honesty look at your response and I appreciate it.

THIS IS my big concern. Lying to the FBI is likely the LOWEST of possible charges I am assuming, when looking at the GRAND scheme that is being laid out.... Lobbying for Turkey. his 2 associates are NOW charged for Crimes. BEING nominated as NSA director and NOT filing his FARA, Lying to Pence and then to the FBI..... ALL in ALL Flynn really did LOOK like a bad pick.

THE real question is....DID he have MORE skeletons that could have jeopardized his position as the NSA director. IF SO why the hell are they only charging him with lying to an FBI and THEN all of a sudden Zero Jail time?

I have said it multiple times here, I am here for justice if I see something legally or lawfully wrong Im going to call it out..... TRUMP has yet to have ACTUAL dots connecting him to a collusion or PLOT in my opinion.

Flynn situation is seemingly further away FROM Russia but surely lobbying with turkey..(We can play the Kevin bacon game later) But my point is.......... Lets take Trump Russia out for a second as all I hear is he is the nail in trumps coffin.... nah I dont think so.

BUT seriously... Flynn could have... been an unregistered agent of Turkey where 2 of his associates are being charged for crimes and Flynn could have been the NSA director..... That to me is WAY scarier then lying to a FBI agents about a meeting with Kisliyak and discussing all things legal?

Something smell ROTTEN here.

Back
Top Bottom