• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Militarized police forces throughout the US carry out mass arrests

1. Okay so maybe not rioting, but mass civil-disobedience, the government and its forces need to know we are not happy.

That's a very different thing than "complete and utter chaos". Mass (peaceful) civil disobedience that does not abuse the rights of others - that is firmly within the realm of acceptable goals.

2. This government is not effective governance.

You aren't going to get efficient governance. Eschatons avoid Immanentization. This government is absolutely effective however. I can't think (offhand) of anything that denies it the ability to engage in force inside it's borders except itself.

3. Many elections are rigged, not just here, and we are becoming over-reliant upon them.

:roll: there is no global conspiracy for election rigging - there are only local attempts at election rigging.

That being said, representative government remains the most effective, most stable, and most responsive form of government yet determined by man.

Churchill put it (as he was apt to do) memorably: "Democracy is the worst form of government...... except for all the others."

4. Again, a revolution doesn't have to be chaos. But its looking that way.

Then it will (deservedly) be put down hard, to cheers from the public. You don't get to overthrow the people's sovereignty because you don't like what they choose.

Last edited:
The real question is:

Police-State-2014.png

A TV Show does not equal reality.

That's more or less what's implied by the pictures.
Police are going to organize and wear body protection, when it ratio of people to them is often over 10:1.

A six shot revolver and bullet in your shirt pocket, like Barney Fife, isn't going to cut it.

Did you see the San Jose Trump protest?
Supporters got assaulted left and right, with little to no police intervention.
Want that to become to new norm?

I don't blame the officers at all after what happened in Dallas.

There could be another sniper on a building and they need the protection to survive.

The OP also admits rocks were thrown at officers where arrests were made.

Extra protection from deadly weapons is a good thing.

I don't blame the officers at all after what happened in Dallas.

There could be another sniper on a building and they need the protection to survive.

The OP also admits rocks were thrown at officers where arrests were made.

Extra protection from deadly weapons is a good thing.

A reasonable person shouldn't, but we've got some unreasonable people running around.
I'm not really all that "pro cop" but BLM has made the cops way more sympathetic.

BLM is just lunacy and mob justice.

You'd rather we keep going down the path we're going? If we do not stop our government it's going to cause World War 3 and end the world as we know it.

Yeah, I would. Frankly, the idea of World War 3--- in this day and age---- is exceedingly unlikely.

Would you post your location so the rioters can start in your neighborhood?
MY government is helping me a lot, has been since 1963. Of course, it wasn't free....I had to play the part of indentured servant (U. S. Navy) for a long time. But now I am enjoying the good life, living in an area where a "riot" is more likely to be a few dozen people holding signs and the media cropping the pics and editing the videos to avoid showing that the turnout is so low.
Law abiding citizens don't riot, they use the courts to solve such problems.

Highly likely Bill that during your time in the Navy and afterwards, you've never tried to "solve a problem" through the courts. It takes money to "solve a problem" through the courts.

What was unlawful in the Mike Brown shooting?

You must have me confused with another poster. I said nothing about Mike Brown. My post was about responsible and lawful governance.

Nothing wrong with protests at all, and they are proven to be effective.

But if you act like a freaking fool, you can expect to be treated accordingly.

I'm glad we got that straight, but I think you're kidding yourself thinking "they are proven to be effective".

What about the people, now deceased, who were not acting like a fool yet ended up dead? Tamir Rice and a long list of others?

The militarization of police in this country has a long history demonstrating it to be a huge error in policy. It works against good governance.

You must have me confused with another poster. I said nothing about Mike Brown. My post was about responsible and lawful governance.
"Perhaps if governments governed in a lawful manner, there would be no protests?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us/ferguson-darren-wilson-shooting-michael-brown-grand-jury.html

And so I ask again...what was unlawful in the Mike Brown shooting? Is that not part of the government governing? Is that not what triggered the riots?

"Perhaps if governments governed in a lawful manner, there would be no protests?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us/ferguson-darren-wilson-shooting-michael-brown-grand-jury.html

And so I ask again...what was unlawful in the Mike Brown shooting? Is that not part of the government governing? Is that not what triggered the riots?

It is one particular event. IMO the poor governance came not so much from the shooting itself, but rather from the failure to indict the officer. But I must admit that I'm biased against Brown, after seeing him throwing his weight around in the convenience store. Still, that does not mean he deserved the death sentence by the officer.

The many shootings are bad in themselves, but IMO the failure to prosecute simply adds fuel to the fire. In Baltimore they had a weak case, too many officers involved, and chose to indict anyway.

I don't have all the answers, but something is wrong. In my hometown a good friend of mine lost his 40 year old son, white, to a police shooting that was completely unnecessary.

I think a related issue is that cops are not trained to defuse a situation, or so it seems. They seem very confrontational, and in cases like Tamir Rice and others, almost paranoid and cowardly. They all wear body armor, yet they are apparently scared silly of a child with what turns out to be a fake gun.

It is one particular event. IMO the poor governance came not so much from the shooting itself, but rather from the failure to indict the officer. But I must admit that I'm biased against Brown, after seeing him throwing his weight around in the convenience store. Still, that does not mean he deserved the death sentence by the officer.

The many shootings are bad in themselves, but IMO the failure to prosecute simply adds fuel to the fire. In Baltimore they had a weak case, too many officers involved, and chose to indict anyway.

I don't have all the answers, but something is wrong. In my hometown a good friend of mine lost his 40 year old son, white, to a police shooting that was completely unnecessary.

I think a related issue is that cops are not trained to defuse a situation, or so it seems. They seem very confrontational, and in cases like Tamir Rice and others, almost paranoid and cowardly. They all wear body armor, yet they are apparently scared silly of a child with what turns out to be a fake gun.
Interesting that you see the evidence, know the evidence exonerated the officer, yet you still want to see him indicted.

I dont have a 'good friend' that lost a kid due to a police shooting but know people that do have good friends that lost their child to a police shooting. In that particular incident, the individual was shot because he created a dangerous environment, had the cops called on him, and then refused to comply with the cops directions. Personally...in pretty much every instance you can see where the situation could have been averted and in virtually every one, the responsibility lies with the individual and not the responding officers. HOWEVER...in those instances where the responding officer IS at fault, they should be investigated and if the evidence presents, charged.

It would be beneficial to all if people would not continue to champion known losers.

The real question is:

Police-State-2014.png

When the bad guys were better armed then cops.

The "Become This?" was needed to go up against the San Bernadino Terrorists. The final shootout was nasty. The 2 things that saved those cops' lives were their big guns and their armored vehicles. Take both away and they would've been ****ed.

It's been more then seventy years since the last big one.

Give it time. 7 Billion people it's only a matter of time before we run out of money, food, fuel or something. Liberal globalism is going to end badly. There really is no reasonable expectation otherwise.

Give it time. 7 Billion people it's only a matter of time before we run out of money, food, fuel or something. Liberal globalism is going to end badly. There really is no reasonable expectation otherwise.

Seventy plus years has been a long time already.

Back
Top Bottom