• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Militarized police forces throughout the US carry out mass arrests

Mass arrests are occurring as thousands protest police violence and institutional racism in cities all across the USA.

We can only hope the cops arrest your silly carcass. Now that would be funny as hell!

Irrelevant. When the police and military merge, it means the people have become the enemy of the government.

It's even worse when that same government is trying to "control" the people's right to keep and bare arms.

I say they aren't rioting enough. We need complete and utter chaos. This election and this rampant police brutality has proven that the government considers us the enemy. They will never help us. They will not fullfill their promises. They NEVER WILL. Dictators free themselves and enslave the people.

Obama fooled them all and now the blacks will vote for Hillary. How's that liberal utopia working out? 8 more years of the same!

A Nanny State comes with militarized police, didn't see that one coming huh?

Last edited:
Perhaps if governments governed in a lawful manner, there would be no protests?
What was unlawful in the Mike Brown shooting?

Spoken like someone who blindly submits to authority.

:lol: Nah. If I was one of those, I'd be climbing on board the Trump Train or the Hillary Train.

I've seen what happens when the conditions that you claim are needed occur. There is a reason that populations who go through that are willing to accept any government, no matter how awful or abusive or tyrannical, as a superior alternative.

Recommend reading Hobbes and Machiavelli, and thinking long and hard about the historical experiences that preceded the work of both.

Could the riots be the result of Dems promising everything to the "underclass" and then failing to deliver?

The rioters are mainstream leftists and their muslim mainstream allies. I'm sure their ranks contain all kinds of kooks, but they are mainstream nevertheless. Personally I think these leftist rioters/arsonists/thieves/etc are out there doing what the left does best because they are warped, demented, and not playing with full decks. Not to mention they hate my country from its beginning and everything it stands for. The USA is the enemy of mankind in their eyes. That's why those people need to be defeated before they destroy the country. Leftists are extremely selfish and desire to force you to comply at all costs, don't doubt any of it.

Yeah, you're right, cops shouldn't be allowed to wear safety equipment. They should be required to throw themselves into harm's way without any additional equipment. :roll:

The cops pretty much did that at the Dallas protests.

That went well.

What was unlawful in the Mike Brown shooting?

This whole movement is absurd, almost without exception the blacks killed were thugs assaulting police officers while resisting arrest.

I do however agree with the underlying sentiment however that it is quickly becoming time to do something about the power of the state.

Football does not require Armored Personnel Carriers, War Bots, Assault Rifles, Grenades, Rocket launchers, Heavy machine guns...

Dealing with a more militarized criminal element does.

Consider much of this part if the "Peace Dividend" after the fall of the USSR. Much used military equipment was funneled into law enforcement. They then realized it was far better to go in harms way with armor rather than (relatively) naked.

But, hey, lets just have many more cops killed.

I say they aren't rioting enough. We need complete and utter chaos. This election and this rampant police brutality has proven that the government considers us the enemy. They will never help us. They will not fullfill their promises. They NEVER WILL. Dictators free themselves and enslave the people.

I've seen enough anarchy in my lifetime.

No thank you.

This whole movement is absurd, almost without exception the blacks killed were thugs assaulting police officers while resisting arrest.

I do however agree with the underlying sentiment however that it is quickly becoming time to do something about the power of the state.
Where violent response is inappropriate it should of course be addressed. But starting ANY conversation with "the cops' or "the police" or "law enforcement" is as inane as addressing violent criminal activity and "the blacks". Building an entire movement based on proven lies and blatant bigotry is pathetic. At best. Its an act instigated by liars and hypocrites. They know who they are. So do we.

:lol: Nah. If I was one of those, I'd be climbing on board the Trump Train or the Hillary Train.

I've seen what happens when the conditions that you claim are needed occur. There is a reason that populations who go through that are willing to accept any government, no matter how awful or abusive or tyrannical, as a superior alternative.

Recommend reading Hobbes and Machiavelli, and thinking long and hard about the historical experiences that preceded the work of both.

The simple fact that we have a Trump Train and a Hillary Train, and the sane ones like Gary Johnson and Ron Paul are marginalized, does nothing but lend credence to my postulation that this system will never help anyone in the long run, in fact, it would sooner see us enslaved, or better yet, destroyed.

There is a reason our Founding Fathers denoted in the Constitution that it is not only a right, but an obligation, to replace the government when it has failed.
If you cannot see that it has failed, you are not paying attention.

Dealing with a more militarized criminal element does.

Consider much of this part if the "Peace Dividend" after the fall of the USSR. Much used military equipment was funneled into law enforcement. They then realized it was far better to go in harms way with armor rather than (relatively) naked.

But, hey, lets just have many more cops killed.

People won't stop killing cops until the government ends the drug war, which is really a war on citizens (specifically, the black community).
I'm not advocated it, I'm just saying, you're bring unrealistic if you think that dominating the population with brute government force is going to solve anything.
And this isn't a new thing, either.

The real question is:

Police-State-2014.png
Its easily answered. When criminals went from just Joes that broke the law but still respected the law to violent scumbags that respect no one or nothing.

Really...is ANYONE stupid enough to believe that the riots and protests were spawned by police response in riot gear? I mean...how ****ing stupid would you have to be to actually believe that?

Completely and utter chaos is a very bad idea. Just going to point that out.

Its easily answered. When criminals went from just Joes that broke the law but still respected the law to violent scumbags that respect no one or nothing.

Really...is ANYONE stupid enough to believe that the riots and protests were spawned by police response in riot gear? I mean...how ****ing stupid would you have to be to actually believe that?

How ****ing stupid would you have to be to believe that the 'violent scumbags' aren't directly related to the War on Drugs and the government funding and running the drug cartels that in turn spawn these violent scumbags?

People won't stop killing cops until the government ends the drug war, which is really a war on citizens (specifically, the black community).
I'm not advocated it, I'm just saying, you're bring unrealistic if you think that dominating the population with brute government force is going to solve anything.
And this isn't a new thing, either.

I agree the War on Drugs needs to come to an end, nothing good has come of it, its devastating Mexico even worse than what it is doing here.

As for it being "Specifically a war on the black community" I'd have to call BS.

Mornin' Maggie!

I see what you're saying, here. However, I think sometimes the overly aggressive response on the part of LEOs can contribute to the overall escalation of a situation. IOW, a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts is set up.

I'm currently visiting my folks in Atlanta, and we all watched Fri as the events unfolded. There were only 3 arrests (all of which occurred early Sat morning), no property damage, no injuries. I have to wonder if the response tactics of the APD didn't contribute to that outcome. It was quite a different scene here than in other parts of the country.

View attachment 67204077

Clearly, SWAT was there in the back. Just not the first line of "defense."

Just my :twocents: ;)

I don't think that at all. The class bully picks on the skinny kid with the glasses and pocket protector, not the wrestling champ.

IMO, the increase in escalation of violent protestors is directly related to the decrease in cosequences. When the mayor says she's going to allow a couple of days of lootin' shootin', and burnin', expect a couple of days of lootin', shootin', and burnin'.

The Dallas situation is a first. By all accounts, the protest was peaceful on both sides. A lone agitator changed that. I don't have an answer for that.

I agree the War on Drugs needs to come to an end, nothing good has come of it, its devastating Mexico even worse than what it is doing here.

As for it being "Specifically a war on the black community" I'd have to call BS.

Yeah, you're right, it's every community, they just got the **** end of the stick.

Completely and utter chaos is a very bad idea. Just going to point that out.

You'd rather we keep going down the path we're going? If we do not stop our government it's going to cause World War 3 and end the world as we know it.

Back
Top Bottom