• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Militarized police forces throughout the US carry out mass arrests

I'm not buying any of the arguments in favor of Militarized Police in this thread... they're all weaksauce and its all "b-but domestic terrorism!"

Please.........

What militarized police?

They are still looking for some, but hey you are not supposed to ask questions like that it makes some people uncomfortable having to deal with facts.

They are still looking for some, but hey you are not supposed to ask questions like that it makes some people uncomfortable having to deal with facts.

Leftists want to cause a revolution any way that they can. It is a mainstay of their extremist ideology.

Leftists want to cause a revolution any way that they can. It is a mainstay of their extremist ideology.

Who was it that tried to stage a coup at a wildlife shelter recently? was it the left?

Who was it that tried to stage a coup at a wildlife shelter recently? was it the left?

No the was nut jobs on the Right. There are extremists groups of the Left and Right persuasion.

Are you aware that BLM = the Black Liberation Movement? You are I am sure. As a Communist yourself you know that BLM is mostly about anti-capitalism. Pointing your finger at the Bundy family isnt going to hid that fact. Nor if going to hide what history can tell us about the Black Liberation Movement. There was a large push to kill cops BY the Black Liberation Army in the 60's and 70's and they did kill a lot of cops. ANd look now a group that asserts it is the new Black Liberation Movement just happens to have supporters doing the exact same thing. It is kind of obvious.

Interesting that you see the evidence, know the evidence exonerated the officer, yet you still want to see him indicted.

I dont have a 'good friend' that lost a kid due to a police shooting but know people that do have good friends that lost their child to a police shooting. In that particular incident, the individual was shot because he created a dangerous environment, had the cops called on him, and then refused to comply with the cops directions. Personally...in pretty much every instance you can see where the situation could have been averted and in virtually every one, the responsibility lies with the individual and not the responding officers. HOWEVER...in those instances where the responding officer IS at fault, they should be investigated and if the evidence presents, charged.

It would be beneficial to all if people would not continue to champion known losers.

Yes of course, Tamir Rice had created a dangerous environment....:doh Two armed men inside a vehicle and a pre-teen with a toy gun is a dangerous environment.

I say they aren't rioting enough. We need complete and utter chaos. This election and this rampant police brutality has proven that the government considers us the enemy. They will never help us. They will not fullfill their promises. They NEVER WILL. Dictators free themselves and enslave the people.
Notice this comes from someone who wants utter chaos. Who wants utter change. Like BLM, for example. See what a small minority of 'voters' can do to the rest of American society? I'm not worried. If the jails get too full, build more jails. Hire more police.

We are dealing with the home-grown version of terrorism in the US. Which ever website they went to get radicalized, shut the website down.

Last edited:
Highly likely Bill that during your time in the Navy and afterwards, you've never tried to "solve a problem" through the courts. It takes money to "solve a problem" through the courts.

I used small claims court to force someone to pay for repairs to a trailer I loaned him. He not only bent the axle but hid the trailer from me so I would not know he had damaged it. He failed to appear at court, ended up buying me a new axle.
My son had to sue his medical insurance to force them to pay the $130K per year for drugs that keeps her alive. They also said her inoperative brain stem tumor was a pre-existing condition, which it probably was, probably there since birth, but nobody knew it to be so until age 7 when she first showed symptoms. My son knows a lawyer, who knew another, who took on the case for free.....he loves to file suits against insurance companies. It has been 10 years and she survives, but with some debilitating issues. 5 years of chemo has done some damage.
My daughter only had to threaten her medical insurance and they ponied up some cash for their mistakes....which we didn't even ask for initially but they instantly got defensive and abusive instead of just promising to take care of any future scars from them giving her a shot of a steroid without telling her it may scar her.

Last edited:
If the protestors and rioters had jobs instead of living on welfare, they might not have so much free time to do the protesting and rioting. God knows when I was young I had a full time job that kept me busy, as did my wife, plus we both went to night school to get more education to earn more money. We put our kids through college on our own money and plan to do the same for the grandkids. They get $20K when they graduate high school, funds to be used for college tuition and books. They will likely attend the local (5 miles) university and live at home.
I blame the democrats....mostly.

Yes of course, Tamir Rice had created a dangerous environment....:doh Two armed men inside a vehicle and a pre-teen with a toy gun is a dangerous environment.
Tamir Rice had a gun that he had modified to look real. His intent was to threaten and intimidate. His grandmother KNEW he had the gun. She knew he was using it to threaten others because he felt he had been bullied. Tamir Rice spent an hour or so threatening people on a public sidewalk with what looked like a real gun. The cops were responding not to a threat of a possible toy gun but to a threat of a man with a gun. When they arrived they saw Tamir Rice Jump up, walk toward them, and lift his shirt and reach for what turns out to be the gun he had been using to threaten people with.
x240-Lb0.jpg34306114001_3911285044001_video-still-for-video-3911316537001.jpg

Now...I want you to go ahead and feel free to pretend YOU know the difference. I want you to feel free to lie and say how YOU would have done something different. Hell...who knows...you may actually have managed to lie to yourself enough you might actually BELIEVE you could tell the difference in what he was carrying and a real gun AND you might even have conned yourself into believing if YOU were the cops YOU would have done something different. But you arent. And you didnt. And you wouldnt. But feel free to keep lying about it to yourself.

Irrelevant. When the police and military merge, it means the people have become the enemy of the government.

I call bs. What do you want to cops to do? Be sitting targets? No. Act like an ass and you'll be treated like an ass. Protest peacefully and you will be heard, joined by people believing in the cause and all ends peacefully without necessitating police intervention.
Radicals need to be treated like the enemy, for they are the enemy of free speech.

Tamir Rice had a gun that he had modified to look real. His intent was to threaten and intimidate. His grandmother KNEW he had the gun. She knew he was using it to threaten others because he felt he had been bullied. Tamir Rice spent an hour or so threatening people on a public sidewalk with what looked like a real gun. The cops were responding not to a threat of a possible toy gun but to a threat of a man with a gun. When they arrived they saw Tamir Rice Jump up, walk toward them, and lift his shirt and reach for what turns out to be the gun he had been using to threaten people with.
View attachment 67204136View attachment 67204137

Now...I want you to go ahead and feel free to pretend YOU know the difference. I want you to feel free to lie and say how YOU would have done something different. Hell...who knows...you may actually have managed to lie to yourself enough you might actually BELIEVE you could tell the difference in what he was carrying and a real gun AND you might even have conned yourself into believing if YOU were the cops YOU would have done something different. But you arent. And you didnt. And you wouldnt. But feel free to keep lying about it to yourself.

and the city of Cleveland paid millions to settle the case....which will probably encourage a copycat situation. Mom or grandma gives the boy a toy gun and sends him out on the street as a target for the first cop who thinks the gun is real.
If I was a Cleveland cop, I would quit and move away....let the "good citizens" of Cleveland protect themselves.

and the city of Cleveland paid millions to settle the case....which will probably encourage a copycat situation. Mom or grandma gives the boy a toy gun and sends him out on the street as a target for the first cop who thinks the gun is real.
If I was a Cleveland cop, I would quit and move away....let the "good citizens" of Cleveland protect themselves.
I think its a tragic incident. I feel for the family. I feel for the cops. Perhaps procedures could be changed. But the reality of the incident is that the family KNEW he had the gun. His friends WARNED him about the gun. His actions put him and the community at risk. His families inaction put him and the community at risk. But this incident is just like all the rest. Ignore the actions of the person that CAUSED the problem.

I used small claims court to force someone to pay for repairs to a trailer I loaned him. He not only bent the axle but hid the trailer from me so I would not know he had damaged it. He failed to appear at court, ended up buying me a new axle.
My son had to sue his medical insurance to force them to pay the $130K per year for drugs that keeps her alive. They also said her inoperative brain stem tumor was a pre-existing condition, which it probably was, probably there since birth, but nobody knew it to be so until age 7 when she first showed symptoms. My son knows a lawyer, who knew another, who took on the case for free.....he loves to file suits against insurance companies. It has been 10 years and she survives, but with some debilitating issues. 5 years of chemo has done some damage.
My daughter only had to threaten her medical insurance and they ponied up some cash for their mistakes....which we didn't even ask for initially but they instantly got defensive and abusive instead of just promising to take care of any future scars from them giving her a shot of a steroid without telling her it may scar her.

Yes, I've done the pro se thing myself in small claims court and prevailed for all of less than $1000. Small claims is for small fry, and yes, it can work.

Small claims court is not where "fixing a problem" on a meaningful level happens. I'm sorry I was not more specific in the previous post.

To really change the way government works through the court process works is very expensive. Ask ACLU, ask Institute For Justice, or any of the other activist organizations who work through the courts to try to change things. It is very expensive and time-consuming, something the average citizen cannot afford to do.

Well they were sure protected that day! That "dangerous situation", if not so sad, would be material for a TV comedy script. "Officers Protect Village by Killing Preteen with Fake Gun"

Well they were sure protected that day! That "dangerous situation", if not so sad, would be material for a TV comedy script. "Officers Protect Village by Killing Preteen with Fake Gun"
I had neighbors once who were very poor parents. The children were supervised by the neighborhood more than the parents. I was positive the one boy would end up an arsonist (he actually set someone's garage on fire, and I personally stopped him on 2 other occasions when he played with fire at his own home), or would accidentally kill himself or someone else. But he made it to adulthood after all.....The parents are to blame when kids "play with fire"....or do any of the many stupid things that tend to injure or kill.A village has lost one of its idiots, it happens all the time. Life goes on....

Irrelevant. When the police and military merge, it means the people have become the enemy of the government.

I guess it makes sense since the government is the enemy of the people.

Back
Top Bottom