• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Micah Xavier Johnson identified as Dallas gunman: Report

Well, Trump said his words didn't apply to Muslims already living in the US, just those applying to come in.

You may recall that after so many veterans returned to the US from Vietnam, there was an upsurge in altercations with law enforcement. People with military training are more skilled in violence than those without it. The current Dallas shooter reflects that fact. There have been instances of returnees from Afghanistan and Iraq being arrested for involvement with gang violence, and arresting officers noted how these returnees would use US military combat jargon in their responses during interrogation.

There's a strange link between violent motorcycle gangs and the US military - Business Insider

Last edited:
Well, Trump said his words didn't apply to Muslims already living in the US, just those applying to come in.

You may recall that after so many veterans returned to the US from Vietnam, there was an upsurge in altercations with law enforcement. People with military training are more skilled in violence than those without it. The current Dallas shooter reflects that fact. There have been instances of returnees from Afghanistan and Iraq being arrested for involvement with gang violence, and arresting officers noted how these returnees would use US military combat jargon in their responses during interrogation.

There's a strange link between violent motorcycle gangs and the US military - Business Insider

Trump was talking about non-citizens. You're talking about citizens.

Trump was talking about non-citizens. You're talking about citizens.

No, I said it right - Trump was talking about non-citizens while YOU were talking about citizens:

Extending your logic further, remove all blacks from the country until vetting process is in place.

No, I said it right - Trump was talking about non-citizens while YOU were talking about citizens:

Returning veterans are non-citizens?

Actually I agree. Thing is I look at this horror from the point of view of a soldier, we would have not given him minutes no less hours, but the powers that be, made the choice that talking was at an end and the finished it as it was going to end no matter what. He was not going to be taken prisoner and there was no need to risk anyone elses life.
Yes, but these were not soldiers, they were not on a battlefield, and they were not dealing with foreign national enemy combatants.

They are peace officers, in America, dealing with a U.S. citizen, and acting within the bounds of the Constitution. (as despicable as he was)

And if we relax the Constitution for one incident, we can relax it for more, and then we are nothing.

But yeah, it's done, and I hope the tactic of bombing citizens gets it's day to be heard in the courts.

Yes, but these were not soldiers, they were not on a battlefield, and they were not dealing with foreign national enemy combatants.

They are peace officers, in America, dealing with a U.S. citizen, and acting within the bounds of the Constitution. (as despicable as he was)

And if we relax the Constitution for one incident, we can relax it for more, and then we are nothing.

But yeah, it's done, and I hope the tactic of bombing citizens gets it's day to be heard in the courts.

But once the war was brought to them they ARE soldiers and in combat. Yes. I understand the difference, I was pointing out how a soldier would see it differently, and why I was never in LE, it is a mindset thing, it was simply explaining my POV.
I really do not care if they have their day in court, kill 5 police officers in Texas and you are already dead, we would ensure that here in Texas and rightly so.
I do not believe in manipulating the Constitution, it was written properly the first time.

As for police use of C4 to eliminate the gunman threat, it was a necessary action to preserve the safety of the officers and the public. Nobody else was hurt, except the pavement. If some other innocents had suffered collateral damage, then the police would have to be held accountable. And you can even pass the Superhero Registration Act, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/science/dallas-bomb-robot.html

Last edited:

Johnson was a carpenter in the Army. He wasn't a highly trained snake eater.

As for police use of C4 to eliminate the gunman threat, it was a necessary action to preserve the safety of the officers and the public. Nobody else was hurt, except the pavement. If some other innocents had suffered collateral damage, then the police would have to be held accountable. And you can even pass the Superhero Registration Act, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/science/dallas-bomb-robot.html
Thanks for the link.

Well, regardless it looks like this technique is coming to a town near us!

"Other law enforcement officials supported the decision, suggesting they could take a similar approach if the situation called for it. At a news conference on Friday, New York’s police commissioner, William J. Bratton, said that while he was waiting to find out precisely what the Dallas police did, “we have that capability.”"

I still say it's heading to the courts.

Johnson was a carpenter in the Army. He wasn't a highly trained snake eater.

He was trained, most likely, to build and deactivate bombs and operate in a combat zone, since this is the job my brother had in the Army and that's what he said he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was trained, most likely, to build and deactivate bombs and operate in a combat zone, since this is the job my brother had in the Army and that's what he said he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he was trained to do carpentry and masonry. IOW, the Army taught him more about how to remodel a bathroom than assault a numerically superior force, using firepower, cover, concealment and maneuver.

Yeah, but then you have that ex-serviceman Timothy McVeigh, who if memory serves me correctly was pasty white. The point is that my suggestion, like the one the Donald made, is stupid. But then you know that, don't you?

Well if you found three Twitter's... wow! Must be all black people and Librulz then.

This is what bugs me when intellectually vapid arguments are made basically cherry picking TWITTER, of all things.

Twitter has 65 million active users in the United States alone. Even if 100,000 people tweet praising something despicable, that's still an infinitesimal percentage of Twitter users alone, much less Americans of any stripe in general.

I seek the truth.

You seek press reports.

So what sources are you using to "seek the truth"?

I seek the truth also. One should wait till all the facts are know before drawing a final conclusion.
Have you decided its another false flag carried out by the govt. to try and force more gun control yet.:mrgreen:

Yeah, but then you have that ex-serviceman Timothy McVeigh, who if memory serves me correctly was pasty white. The point is that my suggestion, like the one the Donald made, is stupid. But then you know that, don't you?

Apparently he wasn't throwing anyone out, but just keeping the ones not here out. Was he not?

He was doing that last night in the thread saying the cops had what was coming to them.

I am not surprised by this kind of news. Would that mean that they had it coming? I am not sure that means the same... I disagreed with the OP said Trayvon Martin had it coming.

OMG, where is my tinfoil hat and emergency Kool-Aid when I need it?

Why do you want to highlight your hair with kool-aide right now?

(Tin foil and kool-aide is exactly what punk kids get from the store to dye their hair with... :lol: )

No, he was trained to do carpentry and masonry. IOW, the Army taught him more about how to remodel a bathroom than assault a numerically superior force, using firepower, cover, concealment and maneuver.

I was a frigging medic and the Army taught me how to shoot and kill.

Cross-training in various MOS is probably more prevalent today than it was in 1970.

Back
Top Bottom