• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort lied after pleading guilty, Mueller's team says

Why not have them plead guilty to their role in the plot, then offer the reduced sentence?

That's exactly what he did with Manafort. Now Manafort is taking it back either due to a pardon or due to other shall we say international factors coming to get him/recalling him back to his country.

That's exactly what he did with Manafort. Now Manafort is taking it back either due to a pardon or due to other shall we say international factors coming to get him/recalling him back to his country.

Your entire post is conjecture.

:lol: Your tin foil hat is obviously too tight.

If you say so. You obviously know very little about Manafort.

If you say so. You obviously know very little about Manafort.
He didn't seem to be shaking in his boots hiding from Russians before this mess did he? His life wasn't exactly low profile.

Manafort didn't lie. He just didn't tell Mueller what he wanted to hear.

And now, Mueller is pissed off because he's lost his #1 witness. Mueller is trying to steer the narrative, so Manafort has to be punished for not playing along.

He didn't seem to be shaking in his boots hiding from Russians before this mess did he? His life wasn't exactly low profile.

He came into the trump white house saying he didn't want to get paid. He was working off his Russian debts by being an inside lobbyist for Russia.

Manafort was millions in debt to pro-Russia interests

Paul Manafort owed as much as $17 million in debt to pro-Russia interests before signing on as President Trump's campaign manager in March of 2016, according to newly revealed financial records.

The former campaign chairman's lobbying work for pro-Russia groups was made known earlier this year, and his finances have been under investigation. In May, The New York Times reported that Russian spies had strategized during the election how best to leverage Manafort to influence Trump.​

Manafort wasn't charged with anything relating to a "collusion plot".

The first part is a fact. The second part is conjecture. What's your point?

Athanasius68: Why not have them plead guilty to their role in the plot, then offer the reduced sentence?

You: That's exactly what he did with Manafort.

He pled guilty to crimes that occurred prior to 2016(unless you count lying and asking others to lie in 2017 to cover up pre-2016 crimes), so you believe that what Manafort did pre 2016 was part of some conspiracy plot to elect Donald Trump. You are literally making it up; that's not a fact.

You've got a story in your head, you believe its true, so you are making things up validate your preconceived story. I can't take you seriously.

Athanasius68: Why not have them plead guilty to their role in the plot, then offer the reduced sentence?

You: That's exactly what he did with Manafort.

He pled guilty to crimes that occurred prior to 2016(unless you count lying and asking others to lie in 2017 to cover up pre-2016 crimes), so you believe that what Manafort did pre 2016 was part of some conspiracy plot to elect Donald Trump. You are literally making it up; that's not a fact.

You've got a story in your head, you believe its true, so you are making things up validate your preconceived story. I can't take you seriously.

Nice try trying to read my mind... but I didn't say anything about a conspiracy to elect Trump. You are the one making it up.

See Papawhatshisface, Flynn, just for a start.

So is your "history of doing this" only related to this case??? And that does not disprove my point. Personal testimony/hearsay is not a good way to build a criminal case, as all you trumpsters were saying this summer. Mueller has other evidence. He just wanted to interview these people to see what they have to say for themselves. He can get them on lying to the FBI as well, then that's A+.

This is it people. The gloves are off. Manafort may be thinking that prison is better than Russian's coming after him b/c A)He either owes them $$$$ B) They are/were going to send a hitman out to get him.

He may also be protecting Trump's or other people's $$$/life.

Meanwhile Mueller believes that he can prove w/o a shred of doubt that Manafort has lied to him under oath under numerous occasions.

Manafort lied after pleading guilty, Mueller's team says

Now some people are saying this is a win for Trump, but read it again. Mueller knows Manafort is lying has lied and continues to lie. Reports say that Mueller's reports will be devastating to Trump. What if there's things in there that Manafort didn't like? Things that put him in even worse position than he is now? Something drastic for him to choose even more time in prison... HINT: :shoot

This ain't gonna pretty.

Manafort is not going to see the light of day.... EVER. But life in prison beats polonium.

Nice try trying to read my mind... but I didn't say anything about a conspiracy to elect Trump. You are the one making it up.

When athanasius stated "why not them plead guilty to their role in the plot", your response was "that's exactly what he did with Manafort".

Manafort pled guilt to pre-2016 crimes. Please explain to me how that was part of "the plot", and what you think "the plot" is. I have to assume "the plot" is what Mueller is investigating, which is theorized Russian interference in the 2016 election and how the Trump campaign colluded with them.

I'm not reading your mind, I'm reading what you wrote.

Isn't lying under oath a criminal offence? Manafort is obviously expecting trump will pardon him. And once freed he will go visit his mates in Russia to talk about rigging the 2020 election.

Trump may pardon Manafort for Federal offenses, but Manafort is ultimately going to be convicted of state crimes, which Trump has no pardon power over. Manafort is toast.

When athanasius stated "why not them plead guilty to their role in the plot", your response was "that's exactly what he did with Manafort".

Manafort pled guilt to pre-2016 crimes. Please explain to me how that was part of "the plot", and what you think "the plot" is. I have to assume "the plot" is what Mueller is investigating, which is theorized Russian interference in the 2016 election and how the Trump campaign colluded with them.

I'm not reading your mind, I'm reading what you wrote.

Manafort was separately convicted of eight crimes by a Virginia federal jury last month.

BTW, I love how a so-called libertarian is attempting to defend a Mobster and convicted felon.

Manafort is not going to see the light of day.... EVER. But life in prison beats polonium.
Must be a proud moment for you Dana, seeing your dreams of destroying a man simply because he is connected to another that triggers you so....

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

I always had some suspicion that Manafort cut a deal with Trump to leak-back Mueller's knowledge & evidence (in exchange for a pardon), including that of the Grand Jury testimonies. Remember, Manafort never withdrew from the President's JDA (Joint Defense Agreement) that I'm aware. If he hasn't, everything his lawyers know is also known to Trump and all the other JDA participants.

Most importantly, there may have been communication about Manaforts testimony to the Trump legal team.

There’s some speculation on how it all went down:

As Manafort lied and told his story to the seemingly credulous Mueller team, Trump was confirming those answers in his written testimony.

Trump submits said testimony, allowing Mueller to cut Manafort lose and charge him with lying. Now Mueller has both Trump AND Manaforts lies on the record.

Manafort had been angling for a pardon, but Mueller just dropped an opening for state and civil charges on Manafort, ensuring a bad outcome for him, and probably for Trump.

If this all turns out to be true, Mueller has just buried the President with perjury proof to whatever evidence of wrongdoing they both were lying about.

Maybe there’s a reason Russia is blatantly killing informers in other countries. It sends a message.

Must be a proud moment for you Dana, seeing your dreams of destroying a man simply because he is connected to another that triggers you so....

Oh bull**** j-mac. Manafort had EVERY opportunity, over months, if not a year+, to cooperate. he chose EVERY SINGLE TIME, to obstruct/lie.
he made his bed, he's gonna lie in it.

Poor Manafort, j-mac to the ****ing rescue! He misses is $16K ostrich jacket? What's that? Kids crying form tear gas at the border? Is that j-mac cheering it on?

What a cry for help Republicans have become. I'm proud of Mueller's efforts to bring him to justice. Not proud of your cry baby-nutter defense of that Felon.

Manafort was separately convicted of eight crimes by a Virginia federal jury last month.

BTW, I love how a so-called libertarian is attempting to defend a Mobster and convicted felon.

Show where I defend anyone. All I'm doing is commenting on your conflation of fact with your preconceived story.

Show where I defend anyone. All I'm doing is commenting on your conflation of fact with your preconceived story.

No you have it in your head that I can't seperate Manafort's lifetime career of doing multiple and various crimes with his role in the Trump campaign, when I've been saying all this time is that Manafort was a small fish in a big swamp of corruption at Trump Tower.

He is being destroyed because he committed fraud and conspiracy. That's what he was convicted of. But don't let that get you down, Comrade.

You don't know what a perjury trap is, do you?
A similar tactic is used when being interviewed. You ask them a question. Later, you ask them again. If their answer deviates in the slightest detail...BOOM!! Lying!! The deviation could be as minor as whether you had a ham sandwich or a hamburger for lunch 15 years ago.

100% bull****. Mycroft, have you no shame? I can copy paste my reply to joko, seems you guys listen to the same right wing media disinformation.
/////////

B.S. as usual. Where are you getting your cracker-jack information? Same place you got your reasons to vote for and support Trump I suppose.

First, perjury has to be lies about Material matters in an ongoing investigation/proceeding. That's right Fox and Friend zombies, the lies have to be about material matters, not just lies about clouds or random B.S. or ****ing ham

Perjury is considered a "Serious Offense", it's a felony, not a misdemeanor.

Statements that entail an interpretation of fact are not perjury because people often draw inaccurate conclusions unwittingly or make honest mistakes without the intent to deceive. Individuals may have honest but mistaken beliefs about certain facts or their recollection may be inaccurate, or may have a different perception of what is the accurate way to state the truth. Like most other crimes in the common law system, to be convicted of perjury one must have had the intention (mens rea) to commit the act and to have actually committed the act (actus reus). Further, statements that are facts cannot be considered perjury, even if they might arguably constitute an omission, and it is not perjury to lie about matters that are immaterial to the legal proceeding.

So it's a serious offense, a Felony, that only pertains to lies that are material to the investigation/proceeding, and where they can prove intent to deceive, and not an "interpretation" of a fact.
And prosecution is especially tough on people who are given a chance in Queen for a Day or working a Plea agreement, and STILL choose to lie.

No.. it looks like you're just towing the right wing fake nooz line and you are peddling bull**** like the dummies on Fox.

Oh bull**** j-mac. Manafort had EVERY opportunity, over months, if not a year+, to cooperate. he chose EVERY SINGLE TIME, to obstruct/lie.
he made his bed, he's gonna lie in it.

Poor Manafort, j-mac to the ****ing rescue! He misses is $16K ostrich jacket? What's that? Kids crying form tear gas at the border? Is that j-mac cheering it on?

What a cry for help Republicans have become. I'm proud of Mueller's efforts to bring him to justice. Not proud of your cry baby-nutter defense of that Felon.
How very authoritarian of you...

'Cooperate, and tell us what we want to hear, or we will make you pay!'

Oh, and what do the border crashers have to do with this?

Sounds like someone needs an emotional rescue pet...lol

Back
Top Bottom