• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort lied after pleading guilty, Mueller's team says

Manafort lied.........how is this “Breaking News?” :shock:

This is it people. The gloves are off. Manafort may be thinking that prison is better than Russian's coming after him b/c A)He either owes them $$$$ B) They are/were going to send a hitman out to get him.

He may also be protecting Trump's or other people's $$$/life.

Meanwhile Mueller believes that he can prove w/o a shred of doubt that Manafort has lied to him under oath under numerous occasions.

Now some people are saying this is a win for Trump, but read it again. Mueller knows Manafort is lying has lied and continues to lie. Reports say that Mueller's reports will be devastating to Trump. What if there's things in there that Manafort didn't like? Things that put him in even worse position than he is now? Something drastic for him to choose even more time in prison... HINT: :shoot

This ain't gonna pretty.

Mueller certainly does love his perjury traps, doesn't he?

More sleazy lying from the biggest bunch of sleazy liars out there. Congrats Trump fans...your cult leader continues to amaze.

I always had some suspicion that Manafort cut a deal with Trump to leak-back Mueller's knowledge & evidence (in exchange for a pardon), including that of the Grand Jury testimonies. Remember, Manafort never withdrew from the President's JDA (Joint Defense Agreement) that I'm aware. If he hasn't, everything his lawyers know is also known to Trump and all the other JDA participants.
It is possible.

One of the most interesting developments that supports that theory is how Giuliani is MIA, after months of arson jobs. That coincided with the Manafort plea deal, and the talks of any interview between Trump and the special counsel in person being put to bed for good.

Trump's lawyers know it's bad. His advisors like Dershowitz know it's bad. They all know it's bad because they're just now getting a sense of what Mueller knows, and they're bracing for impact.

Trump got to him. He will be pardoned soon after mueller winds this thing up. it is how its done when you are president. Just like Scooter fell on the sword for dick and jr. he quickly was pardoned.

i think he had it planned before he ever took a plea. saved him the cost of another trial.

It is possible.

One of the most interesting developments that supports that theory is how Giuliani is MIA, after months of arson jobs. That coincided with the Manafort plea deal, and the talks of any interview between Trump and the special counsel in person being put to bed for good.

Trump's lawyers know it's bad. His advisors like Dershowitz know it's bad. They all know it's bad because they're just now getting a sense of what Mueller knows, and they're bracing for impact.
I'm not even sure Whitaker can get the Grand Jury testimonies, besides what Mueller uses to support a sign-off on an indictment. But Manafort is entitled to them, meaning the JDA has access.

And yes, this may explain Trump's negative actions lately, though coming to grip with the House loss can't be fun for him either.

But check this out: What if Trump responded to his written interview questions in concert with Manafort testimony?

By today's actions Mueller shows he knows it's lies, due to his having superior over-riding evidence! Ta da! Trump's fugged! And he and his lawyers know it.

Hey, you never know?

Trump got to him. He will be pardoned soon after mueller winds this thing up. it is how its done when you are president. Just like Scooter fell on the sword for dick and jr. he quickly was pardoned.

i think he had it planned before he ever took a plea. saved him the cost of another trial.
And in return, Trump got access to Manafort's additional discovery through the interrogations.

I'm not even sure Whitaker can get the Grand Jury testimonies, besides what Mueller uses to support a sign-off on an indictment. But Manafort is entitled to them, meaning the JDA has access.

And yes, this may explain Trump's negative actions lately, though coming to grip with the House loss can't be fun for him either.

But check this out: What if Trump responded to his written interview questions in concert with Manafort testimony?

By today's actions Mueller shows he knows it's lies, due to his having superior over-riding evidence! Ta da! Trump's fugged! And he and his lawyers know it.

Hey, you never know?
I find it interesting that around the same time Mueller's team moves in to charge Corsi, Stone and possibly Don Jr with perjury, they also refer Manafort for lying on record, too.

What the means is that everyone is trying to throw the other under the bus, while concealing the truth about their own involvement, and Mueller is having none of it.

And in return, Trump got access to Manafort's additional discovery through the interrogations.
TBH, I don't see the Trump team to be this calculating - even his real lawyers.

And if I'm not wrong, the JDA ended at the plea deal. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that.

Also, lets not forget that everyone connected to Trump writes their own gossip column, so it's not as if they need Manafort to know the questions Mueller is asking.

How soon will we see a Manafort pardon? Tick-tock.

This is it people. The gloves are off. Manafort may be thinking that prison is better than Russian's coming after him b/c A)He either owes them $$$$ B) They are/were going to send a hitman out to get him.

He may also be protecting Trump's or other people's $$$/life.

Meanwhile Mueller believes that he can prove w/o a shred of doubt that Manafort has lied to him under oath under numerous occasions.

Now some people are saying this is a win for Trump, but read it again. Mueller knows Manafort is lying has lied and continues to lie. Reports say that Mueller's reports will be devastating to Trump. What if there's things in there that Manafort didn't like? Things that put him in even worse position than he is now? Something drastic for him to choose even more time in prison... HINT: :shoot

This ain't gonna pretty.

Trump himself has lied so much about everything Russia, and Don Jr's meeting, this is not surprising. I am sure there are a lot of liars around Trump

I find it interesting that around the same time Mueller's team moves in to charge Corsi, Stone and possibly Don Jr with perjury, they also refer Manafort for lying on record, too.

What the means is that everyone is trying to throw the other under the bus, while concealing the truth about their own involvement, and Mueller is having none of it.
Quite possibly. It does have the feeling of getting close to a finale, or at least some deflection point like more indictments.

There's a reason for the hashtag #Muellerknowseverything.

I highly doubt there will be any pardons. I really would be surprised to see them.

He's at the center of the conspiracy. He was at 45 Tower and so was Junior and Jared.

Hey, you never know?

Mueller is playing a cat and mouse game with Trump. He's building the best possible case against him. Remember the reports saying that the Mueller report is devastating. I think that means there's more than personal testimony by one henchmen who worked for him for a short period of time. I think Mueller may even go for the trifecta and/or perhaps other crimes we don't even know about as I alluded to in my OP. Yes, actual skeletons at the end of all this.

Trump is in the right to feel that the FBI is spying on his every move. He is in the right to feel trapped. That he can't trust anybody and he should keep his allies at arm's length. He sees the writing on the wall.

I still believe that Whitaker is bait. Perhaps one of the best cogs in the whole thing. -->> To be continued.

TBH, I don't see the Trump team to be this calculating - even his real lawyers.

And if I'm not wrong, the JDA ended at the plea deal. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that.

Also, lets not forget that everyone connected to Trump writes their own gossip column, so it's not as if they need Manafort to know the questions Mueller is asking.
You know, after I typed my last post I was thinking I may have read that too (plea deal exempts JDA sharing). But then I thought he (Manafort) still remained in.

Then again, we'd have to have faith that Trump's & Manafort's lawyers don't ever speak about this stuff.

Mueller is playing a cat and mouse game with Trump. He's building the best possible case against him. Remember the reports saying that the Mueller report is devastating. I think that means there's more than personal testimony by one henchmen who worked for him for a short period of time. I think Mueller may even go for the trifecta and/or perhaps other crimes we don't even know about as I alluded to in my OP. Yes, actual skeletons at the end of all this.

Trump is in the right to feel that the FBI is spying on his every move. He is in the right to feel trapped. That he can't trust anybody and he should keep his allies at arm's length. He sees the writing on the wall.

I still believe that Whitaker is bait. Perhaps one of the best cogs in the whole thing. -->> To be continued.
Now that I'd be interested in hearing!

Quite possibly. It does have the feeling of getting close to a finale, or at least some deflection point like more indictments.

giphy.gif

You know, after I typed my last post I was thinking I may have read that too (plea deal exempts JDA sharing). But then I thought he (Manafort) still remained in.

Then again, we'd have to have faith that Trump's & Manafort's lawyers don't ever speak about this stuff.
That's like trusting Saul Goodman to tell the truth in court.

A refresher here: https://www.debatepolitics.com/conspiracy-theories/336936-theory-whitaker-fbi-plant.html

To note: Whitaker has done nothing to impact the Mueller investigation so far as we know. In fact, whatever, Whitaker does likely implicates him too.
Thanks.

And yes, that bolded statement is an extremely pertinent point. And it becomes even more precarious for Whitaker due to the election in 2020, with the possibility of a Dem President. Which of course begets a Dem AG, who them may investigate Whitaker!

I suspect like so many of the Trump's sycophants, Whitaker may not have fully realized what he got himself into - but now does.

Back
Top Bottom