• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Manafort lied after pleading guilty, Mueller's team says

He is being destroyed because he committed fraud and conspiracy. That's what he was convicted of. But don't let that get you down, Comrade.
So, crimes that were long before the election that a USA declined to pursue at the time, but very handy when the hyena's on Muller's team thought they could leverage that....sounds like what you support in all of that is much closer to Soviet style justice than anything I'm saying.....comrade.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

That's exactly what he did with Manafort. Now Manafort is taking it back either due to a pardon or due to other shall we say international factors coming to get him/recalling him back to his country.

Manafort did not plead guilty to anything relating to collusion.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-in-ecuadorian-embassy?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Interesting article. Seems that THIS is what Manafort was lying about. And if he is charged with perjury over this, it can only mean that Mueller has the evidence.

In the filing, Mueller agrees that Manafort believes he has complied with the terms of the deal. Its not a question of telling lies. Its a question that Mueller is claiming that he is not cooperating as he is supposed to.

You don't know what a perjury trap is, do you?

A similar tactic is used when being interviewed. You ask them a question. Later, you ask them again. If their answer deviates in the slightest detail...BOOM!! Lying!! The deviation could be as minor as whether you had a ham sandwich or a hamburger for lunch 15 years ago.

Lmao, so I will ask you: What answer from Manafort's testimony deviated so slightly as to cause a 'perjury trap'?

:)

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

So Manafort has zero credibility as a witness for Mueller now.

All it takes to accuse and indict someone for lying to the FBI is for the FBI to have anyone who says according to their notes someone else told a different story. If you tell the FBI you didn't know something and someone else says you did, the FBI can pick which of those two to indict for lying, using the other as proof.

Unless under oath and recorded, there should be no prosecutions for lying to the FBI given the FBI has often been proven to lie.

Can you point to a time where the FBI accused and indicted someone for lying with no evidence other than "someone else told us a different story."? Every single instance I've ever heard of the FBI indicting someone for lying it's because they had evidence of the lie. Even if they have someone claiming that someone lied, they will ask that person for evidence of such, or else they wouldn't indict as it would simply be he said/she said.

So Manafort has zero credibility as a witness for Mueller now.

That's something I thought was odd about the whole thing. If Manafort is such a key witness, it would be odd for the prosecution team to declare him a liar, making him useless as a witness.

That's something I thought was odd about the whole thing. If Manafort is such a key witness, it would be odd for the prosecution team to declare him a liar, making him useless as a witness.

Um, not so fast. What he lied about is probably more important than what he was truthful about.

Dershowitz said Manafort's lies has made him useless as a witness because his creditability is ruined. He said it was a bad development for Mueller.

Manafort obviously isn’t a key witness. Mueller has better goods than him.

And reporting tonight now suggests Manafort was mainly used to flush Trump out.

Manafort’s Lawyer Said to Brief Trump Attorneys on What He Told Mueller https://nyti.ms/2zuFno5?smid=nytcore-ios-share

He was passing info to the Trump legal team, Mueller knew it, and Trump assumed Mueller was buying Manaforts testimony.

Trump tells the same lies on his written testimony, and the day after he gets it Mueller cuts Manafort out.

Last edited:
But as an accomplice or a co-conspirator? Priceless.

Worse than that. He is not counting on a pardon from Trump, as many people believe. Trump has no power to get him out of jail. As part of his plea deal, Manafort also pleaded guilty to state charges in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, and California. He will most likely be spending the rest of his life in prison. Manafort has cooked his own goose.

This is it people. The gloves are off. Manafort may be thinking that prison is better than Russian's coming after him b/c A)He either owes them $$$$ B) They are/were going to send a hitman out to get him.

He may also be protecting Trump's or other people's $$$/life.

Meanwhile Mueller believes that he can prove w/o a shred of doubt that Manafort has lied to him under oath under numerous occasions.

Manafort lied after pleading guilty, Mueller's team says

Now some people are saying this is a win for Trump, but read it again. Mueller knows Manafort is lying has lied and continues to lie. Reports say that Mueller's reports will be devastating to Trump. What if there's things in there that Manafort didn't like? Things that put him in even worse position than he is now? Something drastic for him to choose even more time in prison... HINT: :shoot

This ain't gonna pretty.

Oh my my. And here Mueller was hoping to flip Manafort to testify against Trump. How does he plan to do that now? And, if Mueller uses testimony from Manafort against Trump, then Trump's lawyers can say that Manafort is a liar and point to the fact that Mueller said so himself. Looks like they are all taking a page out of Hillary and Bill's playbook to muddy up the waters so much that no one can figure out what really happened or be able to prove it.

Last edited:
Worse than that. He is not counting on a pardon from Trump, as many people believe. Trump has no power to get him out of jail. As part of his plea deal, Manafort also pleaded guilty to state charges in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, and California. He will most likely be spending the rest of his life in prison. Manafort has cooked his own goose.

Yup. But he has protection from those who would do him harm from the Kremlin.

Must be a proud moment for you Dana, seeing your dreams of destroying a man simply because he is connected to another that triggers you so....

Let's put the violin away and firmly grasp reality.

Manafort has a history of corruption, deceit and self-dealing. Moreover, he derived his income from enemies of the United States and fraudulently dodged his share of the tax burden. If anyone deserved to rot in jail, Manafort is high on the list. He is a wretched excuse for a human being.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Manafort

Oh my my. And here Mueller was hoping to flip Manafort to testify against Trump. How does he plan to do that now? And, if Mueller uses testimony from Manafort against Trump, then Trump's lawyers can say that Manafort is a liar and point to the fact that Mueller said so himself. Looks like they are all taking a page out of Hillary and Bill's playbook to muddy up the waters so much that no one can figure out what really happened or be able to prove it.

And then there is Rick Gates...

But as an accomplice or a co-conspirator? Priceless.
Not if any evidence you he tells you can't be effectively use. But hey that is just Alan Dershowitz legal opinion so what does he know about the law. Why is it when Dershowitz say the Mueller report will be politically devastating to Trump all the Left salivates on his words and when he said Manafort is now useless as a witness the Left just ignores him. :lol:

Based on info that just came out, it sounds like this was all deliberate. Manafort’s lawyers admitted to sharing info on the investigation gleaned through Manafort’s prosecution with Trump’s lawyers. Giuliani just admitted it and called it a means of getting “valuable insight” into the investigation.

Mueller knew Manafort would go to Trump and would sync up stories. Trump then wrote them down on his written answers to Mueller. The only problem is that Mueller knew Manafort was lying the whole time, and possibly also now that Trump lies in his written answers to tell the same story. That’s game over if so.

Obviously speculation but really the only plausible explanation for all of this. Additionally, Mueller will be filing in his statement publicly exactly how Manafort lies, which would basically put a perjury case against Trump out in the open and make it impossible to bury.

How very authoritarian of you...
'Cooperate, and tell us what we want to hear, or we will make you pay!'
Oh, and what do the border crashers have to do with this?
Sounds like someone needs an emotional rescue pet...lol

The American rule of law/justice system is Authoritarian? It's as though you don't value the things that actually make America, and nations that use similar ideas, great.

Back
Top Bottom