• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kirk: 'I cannot and will not support my party's nominee'

1) where do you get the idea he is ahead?
2) show us how he wins the electoral college?
3) I so want to make a comment about being high, but I have more class and restraint than Trump.

He's gonna win by a land slide, period. And it's mostly from sheer popularity.

He's gonna win by a land slide, period. And it's mostly from sheer popularity.

Ok, so either this is fantasy of yours or you are trying to bait me with nonsense.....

Of the very few people that think that Trump might win, no one ill tell you he will win in a landside... and, given his negatives are about 60%, it will not be about "sheer popularity"... so, we must conclude you are trying to bait me or are simply having a good night with some mood enhancers...

Last edited:
Good for him. I hope he's the first of many. I'm waiting for my Senator, Kelly Ayotte, to also say she isn't supporting Trump.

I would far rather lose the Oval Office and retain some dignity as a Republican than support someone who is horrific.

I don't agree with that. Hillary is so awful that even a turd like Trump is preferable

I don't agree with that. Hillary is so awful that even a turd like Trump is preferable

I'm not sure that's necessarily true, but I can understand people voting that way. I can understand voting the other way too as a definite upshot of Hillary winning is that it means likely 4 years of awfulness whereas Trump winning guarantees 8 years of awfulness barring Trump getting primaried or the Democrats putting up a candidate I agree with.

Not going to vote for either though.

Even one who publicly attacks a federal judge as he did? Bringing the man's race into it?

I'm not sure that's necessarily true, but I can understand people voting that way. I can understand voting the other way too as a definite upshot of Hillary winning is that it means likely 4 years of awfulness whereas Trump winning guarantees 8 years of awfulness barring Trump getting primaried or the Democrats putting up a candidate I agree with.

Not going to vote for either though.

Trump could be awful
he could be bad
he could be mediocre
at best he could be OK

Hillary's tenure as SOS and the way she has operated for the last 24 years proves to me she will be awful with no chance of even being mediocre. She got to where she is purely on Bill's coat tails. She is a vindictive disgusting woman and has proven in the past that she will use the government to harass and punish people who don't agree with her agenda

Even one who publicly attacks a federal judge as he did? Bringing the man's race into it?

that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the way Hillary attacked women who credibly accused her horny husband of sexual harassment. She has a track record of engaging in vindictive hateful attacks on political enemies by using government institutions to do so

that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the way Hillary attacked women who credibly accused her horny husband of sexual harassment. She has a track record of engaging in vindictive hateful attacks on political enemies by using government institutions to do so

Recycled arguments like this from WND? Here they are: Hillary’s 22 biggest scandals ever

Trump is an unstable, lying buffoon, who's attacking a well regarded federal judge over bait-and-switch "university" scheme. His attack on a judge because he's Mexican (wrong, he's a born American) cannot be disputed. It's there for the world to see.

*Among multitudes of other things he's said that disqualify him to be president which are on the record in his own words.

Last edited:
Ummm there is when a party member running for office in that party disavows their own party leader, AKA the presidential nominee of your party..

You'd have to document your assertion for me to believe it, since I don't believe it's happened all that often. It is clear, however, that many times a State will support one candidate for President and then support the other party's candidates for other State wide races - in effect, the Presidential candidate has limited or no coat strings or effect on down ticket races.

Standing on principle seldom if ever negatively impacts a sitting politician's reelection effort.

Recycled arguments like this from WND? Here they are: Hillary’s 22 biggest scandals ever

Trump is an unstable, lying buffoon, who's attacking a well regarded federal judge over bait-and-switch "university" scheme. His attack on a judge because he's Mexican (wrong, he's a born American) cannot be disputed. It's there for the world to see.

*Among multitudes of other things he's said that disqualify him to be president which are on the record in his own words.

lets be honest. i won't vote for the lying bitch because she is anti gun, anti productive tax payer. and you will vote for her because of her agenda.

-1 vote for trump, is this news?

here's one; i'm not voting for clinton.

-1 vote for clinton, is this news?

Hillary is disqualified in my book primarily due to her exposing classified data on an unclassified, unsecured, non-govt email server; her personal arrogance; and her liberal agenda. She is also not a likeable person.

Trump is just as awful. His behavior the last few months has convinced me I don't want him anywhere near the Oval Office.

I won't be voting for either one.

Trump could be awful
he could be bad
he could be mediocre
at best he could be OK

Hillary's tenure as SOS and the way she has operated for the last 24 years proves to me she will be awful with no chance of even being mediocre. She got to where she is purely on Bill's coat tails. She is a vindictive disgusting woman and has proven in the past that she will use the government to harass and punish people who don't agree with her agenda
He *could be* ok, sure, anything's possible, but I believe he would be an absolute travesty.

Trump is just as awful. His behavior the last few months has convinced me I don't want him anywhere near the Oval Office.

Barring some bizarre unforeseen circumstance, such as Bloomberg running, I cannot see myself voting for Trump at all. I seriously do not like Clinton, either, and am considering voting Libertarian, but my state is supposedly one of the swings states, too, and if it looks close I might choose Clinton just to deny Trump.

Read more: Mark Kirk: 'I cannot and will not support my party's nominee' - POLITICO

And so it begins.... A can of worms very well may of been opened for Trump... [/FONT][/COLOR]

Jeff Flake also stepped out to say that he won't support Trump. Together with the estimable Ben Sasse, that now makes 3 GOP Senators who will not support that moron. Rubio has said that he will no longer speak at the convention on Trump's behalf, which is sort of a half-measure, and disappointing.

tres borrachos said:
I'm waiting for my Senator, Kelly Ayotte, to also say she isn't supporting Trump.

She sends me fundraising emails (I guess I was on a list they bought somewhere). I always send back a reply asking A) why she would back HUD taking over suburban neighborhoods and B) when she's going to disavow Trump. So far, no answser :lol:

Gina said:
that doesn't bother me nearly as much

It should. Your argument for preferring Trump has hinged heavily on the notion that he will be more likely to appoint conservative judges. Trump took that claim, ripped it up, and took a dump on it, demonstrating that he will instead attack and seek to pack the judiciary with people who will give him whatever he wants, rather than conservative judges who might curtail his abuses of executive power.

as the way Hillary attacked women who credibly accused her horny husband of sexual harassment. She has a track record of engaging in vindictive hateful attacks on political enemies by using government institutions to do so

Totally Unlike Trump!

Except for all those times.....

Jeff Flake also stepped out to say that he won't support Trump. Together with the estimable Ben Sasse, that now makes 3 GOP Senators who will not support that moron. Rubio has said that he will no longer speak at the convention on Trump's behalf, which is sort of a half-measure, and disappointing.

She sends me fundraising emails (I guess I was on a list they bought somewhere). I always send back a reply asking A) why she would back HUD taking over suburban neighborhoods and B) when she's going to disavow Trump. So far, no answser :lol:

I've made half a dozen calls to her local office asking when she's going to come out against Trump. No answer either. I'll have to remember to ask about the HUD thing. If I don't get answers, I'm going to get behind her opponent Jim Rubens.

I've made half a dozen calls to her local office asking when she's going to come out against Trump. No answer either. I'll have to remember to ask about the HUD thing. If I don't get answers, I'm going to get behind her opponent Jim Rubens.

Link for you if you want to read ahead:

To nobody’s surprise, the Lee amendment to defund the Obama administration’s radical Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule (AFFH) (a rule that essentially turns the federal government into a national zoning board, forcing high-density housing on unwilling cities and towns while letting bureaucrats decide the racial, ethnic, and income balance of local communities) was tabled by a vote of 60–37 today, marking a defeat for conservatism, community control, and common sense....

16 GOP Senators voted for the Obama administration’s war on the suburbs. It’s a largely predictable list:

Alexander
Ayotte
Blunt
Burr
Coats
Cochran
Collins
Graham
Hatch
Hoeven
Isakson
Kirk
McCain
Murkowski
Portman
Tillis...

Link for you if you want to read ahead:

To nobody’s surprise, the Lee amendment to defund the Obama administration’s radical Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule (AFFH) (a rule that essentially turns the federal government into a national zoning board, forcing high-density housing on unwilling cities and towns while letting bureaucrats decide the racial, ethnic, and income balance of local communities) was tabled by a vote of 60–37 today, marking a defeat for conservatism, community control, and common sense....

16 GOP Senators voted for the Obama administration’s war on the suburbs. It’s a largely predictable list:

Alexander
Ayotte
Blunt
Burr
Coats
Cochran
Collins
Graham
Hatch
Hoeven
Isakson
Kirk
McCain
Murkowski
Portman
Tillis...

Largely predictable indeed.

I didn't support Ayotte in the 2010 primary. I supported her opponent, Ovide Lamontagne. He came damn close to beating her. I did vote for her in the General Election, mostly because her opponent was a left wing lunatic. But I didn't vote for her enthusiastically.

Trump would indeed screw.the pooch, but I do not think his win is probable. If he wins...we get what we deserve.

True. Just like the last presidential election.

The American voters have decided to pit unspeakable candidates against each other. None of the three remaining in the race should have come even close to this far. It is absolutely mad.

No, it is hilarious.

So, you are very against Trump, but will only use half of your power to ensure he is not elected.?

Back
Top Bottom