• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kirk: 'I cannot and will not support my party's nominee'

So, you are very against Trump, but will only use half of your power to ensure he is not elected.?
Given our electoral process that essentially allows states to elect the President and not the people, I can understand her position. Especially if her state is a slam-dunk for one side or the other. If her state is a legitimate swing state, then I might recommend otherwise.

He will lose regardless. He is facing a tough opponent. The only reason he won the seat is because it was the same one Blago was trying to sell. Now that is all over I expect it to go back to the dems.

Given our electoral process that essentially allows states to elect the President and not the people, I can understand her position. Especially if her state is a slam-dunk for one side or the other. If her state is a legitimate swing state, then I might recommend otherwise.

New Hampshire is a state where each vote makes a difference.

No other word fits. He disses the judge solely on his race.

Which was a mistake until it was discovered the Judge's affiliation with the Anti-American org La Raza.

It should. Your argument for preferring Trump has hinged heavily on the notion that he will be more likely to appoint conservative judges. Trump took that claim, ripped it up, and took a dump on it, demonstrating that he will instead attack and seek to pack the judiciary with people who will give him whatever he wants, rather than conservative judges who might curtail his abuses of executive power.

Totally Unlike Trump!

Except for all those times.....

we have two crappy choices, my main issue is gun rights, Hillary is far worse

He *could be* ok, sure, anything's possible, but I believe he would be an absolute travesty.

you believe that and you might be right but Hillary has already proven she will be a vindictive gun banning asshole

Trump is just as awful. His behavior the last few months has convinced me I don't want him anywhere near the Oval Office.

I won't be voting for either one.

as a pro gun rights activist, I don't have the luxury of abdication on this election

Which was a mistake until it was discovered the Judge's affiliation with the Anti-American org La Raza.

You obviously don't know much about National Council of La Raza.

You are searching for any excuse to keep your Trump cognitive dissonance alive. Its hilarious.

we have two crappy choices, my main issue is gun rights, Hillary is far worse

None of the choices were particularly good, and most were pretty terrible. We need to figure out a way to get good people to want to serve us in Washington, something that has been a problem for more than generation.

Sen. Jeff Flake did the same out here.

While I am not a Trump supporter I really see this as little more than further evidence that the GOP establishment needs to go away. If these jokers had listened to the voters for the past 8 years and pushed a solid, principled conservative (or even a libertarian) they wouldn't be looking at this mess today.

Amen and amen. Those right of center, and even a few on the left, are sick and tired of politicians and ideologues who give us all the glowing, politicially correct, and noble sounding rhetoric of how they will make a difference--this time. Never mind that they didn't deliver in any of the other elections.

And while I adore George W. Bush as a human being, I would be the first to say that he also did not deliver on his campaign promises and became a moderate Democrat's dream president in his education, immigration, environment, energy, and health and human services policies. Nor did he even try to rein in a totally self-serving GOP controlled Congress that threw common sense out the window and passed silly legislation and spent money like drunken sailors.

So all that plus the last eight years of a cowardly and self-serving congress far more intent on increasing their power, prestige, influence, and personal wealth than they were on keeping their campaign promises and serving the people who elected them, and. . .

Voila! We have a Donald Trump who is neither ideologue, which makes him anathema to the staunch conservatives, nor politically correct that makes him the devil incarnate to the more moderate and leftists, nor a panderer who alienates him with almost everybody.

There are dozens of good reasons to believe Trump is not the right man to be the candidate. But he is. And I can't come up with a single reason that we should not vote for him in November.

I honestly hope he wins.
We need a wake up call.
We need to realize we can't be so reliant upon who the President is.
We need to realize we don't need a government in our own lives to change our own lives.

We need to realize our own power. And an American Dictator may be that mobilizing, motivating, unifying factor that finally unites us as a country.
It's bitter-sweet, but it is a bitter-****ing-sweet reality that we live in.

Having President Hillary will be the exact same thing as President Obama and President Bush: more interventionism, more wars, more economic recession, more sectarian strife. And anyone who criticizes him (her) will be accused of being a racist (sexist), and his (her) supporters will blindly accept that.

But the truth is, We The People of the United States of America are The Powers That Be.
We rule the world. The U.S. government is terrified of us. I wish more people realized this.

I honestly hope he wins.
We need a wake up call.
We need to realize we can't be so reliant upon who the President is.
We need to realize we don't need a government in our own lives to change our own lives.

We need to realize our own power. And an American Dictator may be that mobilizing, motivating, unifying factor that finally unites us as a country.
It's bitter-sweet, but it is a bitter-****ing-sweet reality that we live in.

Having President Hillary will be the exact same thing as President Obama and President Bush: more interventionism, more wars, more economic recession, more sectarian strife. And anyone who criticizes him (her) will be accused of being a racist (sexist), and his (her) supporters will blindly accept that.

But the truth is, We The People of the United States of America are The Powers That Be.
We rule the world. The U.S. government is terrified of us. I wish more people realized this.

THe elite have long been terrified of the little people, which is the motivation for attempting to exclude us, for ignoring us, for lying to us.

Ya, that project did not work out too good.

The choice now is reform or violence.

Political violence we got now.

Trump gets it.

THe elite have long been terrified of the little people, which is the motivation for attempting to exclude us, for ignoring us, for lying to us.

Ya, that project did not work out too good.

The choice is reform or violence.

Political violence we got now.

Trump gets it.

Trump is not one of us.

Why don't you get that?

He's one of them! For ****'s sake!

He is far closer than anyone else asking for the job.

No, that was Bernie Sanders, but the dumbass decided to run as a Democrat instead of a Republican. He should have realized how much more corrupt the DNC was than the GOP (at least as far as the nomination process goes).

No, that was Bernie Sanders, but the dumbass decided to run as a Democrat instead of a Republican. He should have realized how much more corrupt the DNC was than the GOP (at least as far as the nomination process goes).

The guy who relishes giving economic policy lectures, the guy who is almost completely incapable of doing anything else, is nowhere nears the little people.

The guy who relishes giving economic policy lectures, the guy who is almost completely incapable of doing anything else, is nowhere nears the little people.

Little people =/= the economically incompetent.

You are confusing economic incompetence with economic deficiency.

If Trump wins (probably will), I'm afraid he'll get stubborn stupid on some crucial international issue and screw the pooch for all of us. :shock:

Trump does not stand a chance in hell of winning. For a Republican to win, they must win 40% of the Hispanic vote. He will be lucky to get 10%. This notion that he can pick up more of the white vote to make up the difference defies math. Romney got more of the white vote than even Reagan did yet still lost. The Republicans already have the white male vote, he has to win women, do better with Hispanics, Blacks, and so on. He has already said more than enough racist, sexist, and bigoted crap to make sure that never will happen.

Good for him. I hope he's the first of many. I'm waiting for my Senator, Kelly Ayotte, to also say she isn't supporting Trump.

I would far rather lose the Oval Office and retain some dignity as a Republican than support someone who is horrific.

Trump got a clear majority of the vote in the primary in Kirk's state .. and also Ayotte's state. so you are saying that the Senators of those two states should not support what their constituents want?

I believe he called out the judge for being "Mexican" (even though he was born in Indiana).

Then he doubled down on his stupidity.

Then he tripled down on his stupidity.

Yet, you still are in the cult and have to do gymnastics to keep up your cognitive dissonance.

What I said is also true. Obama nominees are suck puppies.

Trump got a clear majority of the vote in the primary in Kirk's state .. and also Ayotte's state. so you are saying that the Senators of those two states should not support what their constituents want?

No he didn't. He got 38% and 35%. And Senators should not automatically support whoever wins their state's primary.

No he didn't. He got 38% and 35%. And Senators should not automatically support whoever wins their state's primary.

I don't know where you got those percentages.

Trump Cruz Rubio Kasich
Illinois
551,053 430,170 122,954 279,518 39.8%

New Hampshire
100,406 33,189 30,032 44,909 48.1%

In the Case of Illinois you could perhaps make an argument for it.. perhaps.
In the case of New Hampshire where he more than tripled the total of anyone else that to me would clearly be ignoring your constituents.

I don't know where you got those percentages.

Trump Cruz Rubio Kasich
Illinois
551,053 430,170 122,954 279,518 39.8%

New Hampshire
100,406 33,189 30,032 44,909 48.1%

In the Case of Illinois you could perhaps make an argument for it.. perhaps.
In the case of New Hampshire where he more than tripled the total of anyone else that to me would clearly be ignoring your constituents.

Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire_Republican_primary,_2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016#Illinois

And it's all right not to agree with your constituents. You shouldn't be trying to agree with them on every issue.

Back
Top Bottom