• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kirk: 'I cannot and will not support my party's nominee'

Lol...well then, I think we have an agreement on that point. That said, I think he's on the right side of the trade agreement issues. I'm surprised that Trump isn't getting more union support as they are generally against free trade. Trump is also right about us spending tons of money on the physical security of other nations and that we basically get nothing out of it.

He has some solid points, imo. Too bad it's packaged in a Trump.

I was defending him in the beginning, because he got it right on so many issues but when he started the deportation nonsense I knew he wasn't realistic. At first I thought he was practicing the "Art of the Deal" by asking for more than he expected but quickly realized he's an egomaniac. He panders on the issues and who knows what he's really like, especially when he gets into office. I think he's completely bananas.

They do, but US senators are voted in by the whole state, and again, 40% of the republicans statewide voted for Trump.

However, Anagram made a good point.

I agree, Anagram got it right that the Republicans will still support Kirk over a Dem regardless of Trump support or not.

Depends on the district, Trump is toxic in some conservative areas.

Obviously it depends on the district. Kirk is going to feel like a clown if his district swings hard for Trump.

Obviously it depends on the district. Kirk is going to feel like a clown if his district swings hard for Trump.

Sometimes, it's actually more important to follow your conscience. ;)

I don't think there's really a strong connection between whom someone votes for as President and whom they will vote for in the Senate and House races. It's common practice for Senate and House members to defy the odds and get elected in their State even though the State voted for the other party's Presidential candidate. I don't see this as a risk, at all, for Kirk in a traditionally Democrat for President State that is also known for sending Republicans to Congress as well as their State's Governor's mansion and their State's congress.

All moves by politicians are political, in nature, but I believe the man when he says Trump's comments about the heritage of the judge is the last straw for him - it is for most fair minded people.

Maybe anti-Trump Republicans who weren't going to show up or vote third party may feel compelled to reward the Senator for taking a stand? I have no idea.

The rats are jumping off the sinking racist ship of fools.

My senator, Jeff Flake said he won't support him or vote for him either.

Flake was part of the "Gang of 8" Amnesty Bill, so of course he won't support a person who wants to deport illegal immigrants.

Flake was part of the "Gang of 8" Amnesty Bill, so of course he won't support a person who wants to deport illegal immigrants.

Flake is a realist, not a nativist.

If Trump wins (probably will), I'm afraid he'll get stubborn stupid on some crucial international issue and screw the pooch for all of us. :shock:

Worry not, he has very little chance of winning...

I don't think there's really a strong connection between whom someone votes for as President and whom they will vote for in the Senate and House races.

Ummm there is when a party member running for office in that party disavows their own party leader, AKA the presidential nominee of your party..

Comedy gold.

Flake irritates me sometimes, but then he does something like this and Cuba. Maybe one more term.......

What's funny is it doesn't matter. Kirk isn't going to get any greater share of the Dem vote in solid blue Cook County. He could have been pro or con Trump and it probably wouldn't have edged his numbers significantly.

Illinois may be Democrat but if you cut off Cook county and the collar counties, Democrats couldn't win anything in Illinois.

He's gonna be almost impossible to beat with his current momentum.

Trump? What momentum, unless you are talking about the "R" being reverse? What are you watching as it surely is not the American election?

You do realize how hard it is for a real Republican candidate to win given that the electoral college is stacked well in favor of the Dems. Trump is not a real candidate, which is pretty obvious for those paying attention.

Today, they are discussing the possibility that Trump not even winning the Republican nomination.

finance.yahoo.com/news/those-dump-trump-republicans-chattering-171322879.html;_ylt=A0LEVjLVgFdXBjAAH.QnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEyajU3c2g2BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjIwNDRfMQRzZWMDc2M-

Trump? What momentum, unless you are talking about the "R" being reverse? What are you watching as it surely is not the American election?

You do realize how hard it is for a real Republican candidate to win given that the electoral college is stacked well in favor of the Dems. Trump is not a real candidate, which is pretty obvious for those paying attention.

Today, they are discussing the possibility that Trump not even winning the Republican nomination.

finance.yahoo.com/news/those-dump-trump-republicans-chattering-171322879.html;_ylt=A0LEVjLVgFdXBjAAH.QnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEyajU3c2g2BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjIwNDRfMQRzZWMDc2M-

Trump will win, unless he completely fubars it that's how far ahead he is.

How many Senators is that now? Graham, Flake, Heller, and Kirk? A couple others like Collins not making up their minds yet.

Actually more ending up not supporting him than I thought.

And I honestly believe there will be more of them.

I'll toss my support in a donation behind any Republican Senator who publicly disavows Trump.

Flake irritates me sometimes, but then he does something like this and Cuba. Maybe one more term.......

I hear ya, I don't always agree with him, but he does have ethics and class.

More than McCain who is trying to not support Trump while supporting Trump....Kilpatrick is going to destroy him.

Comedy gold.

Got to use the word racist. Joy to the world.

Got to use the word racist. Joy to the world.

No other word fits. He disses the judge solely on his race.

I wish you could understand, but you choose not to.

No other word fits. He disses the judge solely on his race.

I wish you could understand, but you choose not to.

I believe he mentioned who appointed the judge, and his track record of appointing progressive liberal lap dogs.

I believe he mentioned who appointed the judge, and his track record of appointing progressive liberal lap dogs.

I believe he called out the judge for being "Mexican" (even though he was born in Indiana).

Then he doubled down on his stupidity.

Then he tripled down on his stupidity.

Yet, you still are in the cult and have to do gymnastics to keep up your cognitive dissonance.

Trump will win, unless he completely fubars it that's how far ahead he is.

1) where do you get the idea he is ahead?
2) show us how he wins the electoral college?
3) I so want to make a comment about being high, but I have more class and restraint than Trump.

Back
Top Bottom