• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James O’Keefe Strikes Again

One person got fired,
and the DNC admits they can't be sure that what they saw was complete. That has happened before, people getting fired prematurely.

O'Keefe should be the one fired, as he's the one looking for ways to vote illegally.
Sorry but ...nope again.

"Greenpeace has fired one of its key Colorado officials, Christen Topping, over her comments condoning the creation of fraudulent ballots using that state’s vote-by-mail system. She went beyond that and told filmmaker James O’Keefe the exact street corner in “ghetto Aurora” where he could find ballots in trash cans that could be fraudulently mailed in. She said residents of the “ghetto” were unlikely to vote because they “don’t really care.” "

Greenpeace Fires Official for Condoning Vote Fraud in

Well, despite their earlier damage-control attempts in articles such as the Mother Jones article that has been linked here, it appears that the organizations who's members made fools of themselves are cutting them loose. Evidently, they don't think demonizing O'Keefe worked like they hoped it would.

I think they made the right choice.

And before anyone says only 2 people got fired maybe it'd be better if they come up with a over/under number to save time.
As the piece indicates, someone's butt from Work For Progress is halfway out the door too.

All that from fake videos.

Well, despite their earlier damage-control attempts in articles such as the Mother Jones article that has been linked here, it appears that the organizations who's members made fools of themselves are cutting them loose.
Evidently, they don't think demonizing O'Keefe worked like they hoped it would.
I think they made the right choice.

You're right, of course, but look at how successful it was for a day.

You didn't answer my question.... so I take it you do see the difference but you just hate O'Keefe for pointing it out using common methods others use, because you don't like his ideology.

Apparently you don't like my answer and prefer to rewrite your own. lol

If a cop had to sell heroin or do heroin or kill someone to join the mob....then that cop is no different than a mobster, imo. O'keefe is just a low life little con man with a video camera.

O'Keefe is more like those guys that deliberately cause car accidents on the freeway in order to collect the insurance, than an undercover cop.

If a cop had to sell heroin or do heroin or kill someone to join the mob....then that cop is no different than a mobster, imo. O'keefe is just a low life little con man with a video camera.

O'Keefe is more like those guys that deliberately cause car accidents on the freeway in order to collect the insurance, than an undercover cop.

LOL!!

O'Keefe didn't "cause" anything. He simply let people do what they are inclined to do, he recorded it and he let us all see it.

Heck, he didn't even demand that those people get fired for what they did.

You know, Moot, you haven't really come right out and expressed an opinion about the actions of those Democrats in the video. So, tell me...do you support what they said? Or are you as dismayed as I am that anyone would condone voter fraud?

LOL!!

O'Keefe didn't "cause" anything. He simply let people do what they are inclined to do, he recorded it and he let us all see it.

You know, Moot, you haven't really come right out and expressed an opinion about the actions of those Democrats in the video. So, tell me...do you support what they said? Or are you as dismayed as I am that anyone would condone voter fraud?
barack-obama-looking-at-womans-butt.jpg

LOL!!

Well, I am dismayed that anybody would condone voter fraud or any of the other excesses/abuses recorded by O'Keefe. Lots of time is spent condemning him while little is said about what he is exposing.

Well, I am dismayed that anybody would condone voter fraud or any of the other excesses/abuses recorded by O'Keefe. Lots of time is spent condemning him while little is said about what he is exposing.

Well with all the creative editing he's done in the past most of us are holding back until the facts come out. I watched the first few minutes and literally anything could have happened between those cuts, to say nothing of quotes and people taken out of context altogether.

Last edited:

More like you don't want to answer a simple question. The question requires a yes or no answer. The question was:

Ockham said:
Do you understand the difference between a drug dealer selling heroin... and the police posing as a heroin dealer to arrest someone.... or do you think the police (in the latter case) are really selling heroin?

That you are taking days to figure out "yes" or "no" tells me you don't want to answer the question because it's an obvious "yes", you do see a difference which undermines your argument in this thread. :shrug:
Honesty in answering the question doesn't require an explanation - just yes or no. Will you answer "yes" or "no"?

I don't think you will.

LOL!!

O'Keefe puts the idea in peoples heads and the words in their mouths while secretly filming them. I think that goes beyond what most people are inclined to do.

For instance, the girl in the video acted like she had never heard of dumpster diving for ballots or fraternity voting scams before O'Keefe started talking about them. Frankly, neither had I. In fact, it looked like she was only agreeing with him because she thought she might get laid, than anything else. lol

Secretly filming people and editing their words without their permission....it reeks of thought police...aka fascism.

why-there-oughta-be-a-law.

That's cuz he knows it wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

I think....I think O"keefe and the democrat chick with glasses would make a lovely couple on Dancing with the Stars.

O'Keefe puts the idea in peoples heads and the words in their mouths while secretly filming them. I think that goes beyond what most people are inclined to do.

For instance, the girl in the video acted like she had ever heard of dumpster diving or fraternity voting scams before O'Keefe started talking about them. Frankly, neither had I. In fact, she only seemed to be agreeing with him because she thought she might get laid, than anything else. lol

Secretly filming people and editing their words without their permission....it reeks of thought police...aka fascism.

why-there-oughta-be-a-law.

That's cuz he knows it wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

I think....I think O"keefe and the democrat chick with glasses would make a lovely couple on Dancing with the Stars.

Ha ha ha!!

Yeah, Moot...I'm sure that young lady will really appreciate your view that she is so weak-minded that she will let someone "put words in her mouth" and that all she is interested...when she is on the job campaigning...is sex and getting laid.

Well with all the creative editing he's done in the past most of us are holding back until the facts come out. I watched the first few minutes and literally anything could have happened between those cuts, to say nothing of quotes and people taken out of context altogether.

Well, despite the damage control attempted, it appears the facts HAVE come out since 2 out of the 3 have already been fired and the 3rd is still up in the air.

Should be simple enough, however, to separate the wheat from the chaff, by which I mean that O'Keefe can't control what the people he's recording actually say...unless, of course, you're suggesting that he's so skillful at editing that he can splice words or phrases into a sentence while the person's mouth is moving.

Should be simple enough, however, to separate the wheat from the chaff, by which I mean that O'Keefe can't control what the people he's recording actually say...unless, of course, you're suggesting that he's so skillful at editing that he can splice words or phrases into a sentence while the person's mouth is moving.

Perhaps O'Keefe is a graduate of the Hogwarts School of Witches and Wizardry and is using the Imperius Curse on these people to make them say things they wouldn't normally say? (/sarcasm)

So was that photo I just posted a clear case of Obama checking out some girl's butt?

And you should check out how reality tv shows are made. Dramas are completely stitched and woven together from countless hours of footage. And since this is O'Keefe's territory, I'm inclined to suspect this is what's happened here.

Last edited:

Meh, condoning, committing, wutz the difference?

Meh, condoning, committing, wutz the difference?

Oh...I'm sure the two people who got fired understand the difference, Moot. After all, neither committed voter fraud, but both sure did condone it.

So was that photo I just posted a clear case of Obama checking out some girl's butt?

And you should check out how reality tv shows are made. Dramas are completely stitched and woven together from countless hours of footage. And since this is O'Keefe's territory, I'm inclined to suspect this is what's happened here.

I don't watch any reality shows and never have, but you can't compare a photo to an audio/video recording anyway. Did the people O'Keefe recorded speak those words, or did they not?

That video of Obama had no audio...O'Keefe's video did.

Things would have been very clear in that Obama video if we heard what was being said.

"Watch your step, Ma'am. Let me help you."

or

"Mmm...mmm...mmm. Nice!"

Yeah, Paddy.
Informative.
Except...
People got fired over the videos.
Go figure.
Crazy, eh?

Well the younger girls were pretty stupid and acted unwisely. So maybe they did deserve to be fired.

But in no shape or form did they ever deserve to be accused of fraud, nor should the finger be pointed at the Dems for fraud. This asinine 'undercover' video did not prove a ****ing thing and anyone who get all hot and bothered by it is a knee-jerking partisan tunnel thinker. Period.

I don't watch any reality shows and never have, but you can't compare a photo to an audio/video recording anyway. Did the people O'Keefe recorded speak those words, or did they not?

Then you should watch a few reality shows just to educate yourself. Entirely new contexts and realities can be woven together...yes, even from the real, recorded words that people speak. Despite O'Keefe's being outed for doing this in the past, he knows full well that his target demographic considers "context" a weasel word and so feels no compulsion to change his ways.

Unless, of course, right wingers are the subject of being taken out of context, then boy oh boy do they ever appreciate context!

Things would have been very clear in that Obama video if we heard what was being said.

or

"Mmm...mmm...mmm. Nice!"

The photo, though, was that a clear cut case of Obama scoping a woman's butt?

The photo, though, was that a clear cut case of Obama scoping a woman's butt?

The photo is irrelevant. Heck, the video without audio is irrelevant.

O'Keefe didn't post photos...he posted videos with audio. Now, THAT'S relevant.

or

"Mmm...mmm...mmm. Nice!"

I shouldn't laugh but I have to say I'm getting a big laugh out of some of the comments on this thread.
The lengths they had to go to justify what they've heard & seen ... assuming they even watched and listened.

It went from they're fake, to they're edited, to they were coached, then back to editing, then a side trip to Obama and some girl's butt, then O'Keefe is worse than the perps,... have I missed any?
But outside of one suggestion that the firing was premature, which was subsequently squashed by a 2nd and maybe soon a 3rd firing, has anyone even acknowledged the firings?

Back
Top Bottom